|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one new piece of furniture in Jessie Florian's home?
(a) A large cabinet radio.
(b) A dining room table.
(c) A bed.
(d) A green sofa.
2. What does Jessie Florian try to hide from Marlowe in Chapter 5 until Marlowe pulls it out of the trunk in her bedroom?
(a) The gun Malloy used to shoot Mr. Montgomery.
(b) A photo of a woman Marlowe believes is Velma Valento.
(c) A letter with Velma's current address on it.
(d) A letter revealing who framed Malloy for the bank robbery.
3. For what reason has Marlowe been fired from a job in the past?
(b) Poor job performance.
(c) Perpetual tardiness.
4. For whom is Moose Malloy searching in Chapter 1?
(a) His mother.
(b) His friend James.
(c) His wife Susan.
(d) His former girlfriend, Little Velma.
5. How long has Mike Florian been dead at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) A month.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Moose Malloy?
2. Why is Lieutenant Nulty bitter?
3. What rests atop Lindsay Marriott's piano?
4. In Chapter 11, where does Marlowe find three mysterious Russian cigarettes?
5. Who has taken over the ownership and patronage of Florian's since Malloy's last visit there?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)