|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mike Florian been dead at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) A month.
(d) Ten years.
2. Which of the following is not something that Marlowe discovers is missing at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Lindsay Marriott.
(b) His watch.
(c) The car, which has been moved to a new location.
(d) The money from his inside coat pocket.
3. At the end of Chapter 12, who tells Marlowe to leave Marriott's murder investigation to the police?
(a) Anne Riordan.
(b) Chief Wax.
(c) Lieutenant Randall.
(d) Lieutenant Nulty.
4. What is Philip Marlowe's profession?
(a) He's a college professor.
(b) He's an accountant.
(c) He's a private detective.
(d) He's a musician.
5. What object does a woman point at Marlowe's stomach at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A syringe filled with poison.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) An antique sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Moose Malloy kill at Florian's?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, why does Lindsay Marriott phone Marlowe?
3. Who has taken over the ownership and patronage of Florian's since Malloy's last visit there?
4. According to Lieutenant Nulty in Chapter 7, who has been to visit Jessie Florian after Marlowe's visit to her?
5. For what crime was Malloy falsely accused and sent to prison?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)