|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money do the thieves want as ransom for the stolen item?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) Eighty thousand dollars.
(d) Eight thousand dollars.
2. For whom is Moose Malloy searching in Chapter 1?
(a) His wife Susan.
(b) His mother.
(c) His former girlfriend, Little Velma.
(d) His friend James.
3. By whom does Marlowe tell Jessie Florian he has been hired to find Little Velma?
(a) The police.
(b) Moose Malloy.
(c) Velma's attorney.
(d) Velma's family.
4. What is Philip Marlowe's profession?
(a) He's a college professor.
(b) He's an accountant.
(c) He's a musician.
(d) He's a private detective.
5. Which of the following does not describe Moose Malloy?
(a) In perpetual need of a shave.
(b) Wearing a grey sports coat with white golf ball buttons.
(c) Bald with thick black spectacles.
(d) Six foot five inches tall and not wider than a beer truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what beverage does Marlowe share with Jessie Florian to loosen her tongue and win her confidence?
2. For what crime was Malloy falsely accused and sent to prison?
3. The thieves order Lindsay Marriott and his lady friend not to tell _________________about the theft.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, why does Lindsay Marriott phone Marlowe?
5. What does Jessie Florian say has happened to Velma?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)