|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is Moose Malloy searching in Chapter 1?
(a) His wife Susan.
(b) His mother.
(c) His former girlfriend, Little Velma.
(d) His friend James.
2. What fee does Marlowe demand for accepting the job Lindsay Marriott offers him?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
3. What does Lindsay Mariott tell Marlowe was stolen from a wealthy lady friend of his a few days ago?
(a) A ruby pendant.
(b) A Fei Tsui jade necklace.
(c) A diamond bracelet.
(d) A mink stole.
4. Which of the following does not describe Moose Malloy?
(a) In perpetual need of a shave.
(b) Wearing a grey sports coat with white golf ball buttons.
(c) Bald with thick black spectacles.
(d) Six foot five inches tall and not wider than a beer truck.
5. How much money do the thieves want as ransom for the stolen item?
(a) Eight thousand dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Eighty thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one new piece of furniture in Jessie Florian's home?
2. After Malloy flees the murder scene, who phones the police to report the murder Malloy has just committed?
3. Why is Lieutenant Nulty bitter?
4. Whom does Moose Malloy kill at Florian's?
5. In what office did Marlowe once work?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)