|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what office did Marlowe once work?
(a) The IRS office.
(b) The governor's office.
(c) The police chief's office.
(d) The District Attorney's office.
2. How much money do the thieves want as ransom for the stolen item?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Eight thousand dollars.
(d) Eighty thousand dollars.
3. What does Jessie Florian try to hide from Marlowe in Chapter 5 until Marlowe pulls it out of the trunk in her bedroom?
(a) A photo of a woman Marlowe believes is Velma Valento.
(b) The gun Malloy used to shoot Mr. Montgomery.
(c) A letter revealing who framed Malloy for the bank robbery.
(d) A letter with Velma's current address on it.
4. Why does Lindsay Marriott want to hire Philip Marlowe?
(a) To spy on his neighbors for him.
(b) To accompany him to the meeting with the jewel thieves.
(c) To find out who is trying to kill him.
(d) To return the stolen jewels to the bank vault.
5. For whom is Moose Malloy searching in Chapter 1?
(a) His former girlfriend, Little Velma.
(b) His wife Susan.
(c) His mother.
(d) His friend James.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marlowe think Malloy will be easy for the police to find?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, why does Lindsay Marriott phone Marlowe?
3. The thieves order Lindsay Marriott and his lady friend not to tell _________________about the theft.
4. What is in the envelope that Jessie Florian gives Marlowe in Chapter 5?
5. After Malloy flees the murder scene, who phones the police to report the murder Malloy has just committed?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)