|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has taken over the ownership and patronage of Florian's since Malloy's last visit there?
(a) Malloy's ex-wife and her family.
(b) African Americans.
(c) An Irish gang.
(d) An Italian gang.
2. After Malloy flees the murder scene, who phones the police to report the murder Malloy has just committed?
(a) A waitress named Vivian.
(b) Mr. Montgomery, the night club's manager.
(d) The night club's bouncer.
3. According to Lieutenant Nulty in Chapter 7, who has been to visit Jessie Florian after Marlowe's visit to her?
(a) Velma's sister.
(b) Nulty himself.
(c) Moose Malloy.
(d) Velma Valento.
4. What does Jessie Florian say has happened to Velma?
(a) She says Velma is in a mental institution.
(b) She says Velma is in the hospital with tuberculosis.
(c) She says Velma's dead.
(d) She says Velma's married.
5. In Chapter 5, what beverage does Marlowe share with Jessie Florian to loosen her tongue and win her confidence?
(a) A pint of bourbon.
(b) Apple juice.
(d) Black coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsay Mariott tell Marlowe was stolen from a wealthy lady friend of his a few days ago?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe what Marlowe sees as he approaches Jessie Florian's home?
3. Why is Lieutenant Nulty bitter?
4. What rests atop Lindsay Marriott's piano?
5. Whom does Moose Malloy toss out of Florian's in Chapter 1?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)