|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, whom does Moose Malloy demand to see at Florian's?
(a) A singer named Louise.
(b) A piano player named Dave.
(c) A waiter named Ernest.
(d) Mr. Montgomery, the night club's manager.
2. Where does Lindsay Marriott hide when Marlowe drives him to meet the thieves?
(a) In a closet.
(b) Behind some rose bushes outside the meeting place.
(c) In the trunk of the car.
(d) In the back seat of the car.
3. According to Lieutenant Nulty in Chapter 7, who has been to visit Jessie Florian after Marlowe's visit to her?
(a) Nulty himself.
(b) Moose Malloy.
(c) Velma's sister.
(d) Velma Valento.
4. What does Lieutenant Randall warn Marlowe to stay away from in Chapter 31?
(a) The search for Moose Malloy.
(b) Anne Riordan.
(c) The Lindsay Marriott murder investigation.
(d) The temptation of Mrs. Grayle.
5. How does Marlowe escape from his room in Chapter 26?
(a) He dons a white coat and pretends he's a doctor to escape.
(b) He starts a fire and escapes when firemen come to free him.
(c) He ambushes an attendant and steals a set of keys.
(d) He climbs out the window and goes down the fire escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Giddy Gertie?
2. What does Marlowe eat at the beginning of Chapter 28?
3. Who , according to Sergeant Galbraith, runs Bay City?
4. Why is Lieutenant Nulty bitter?
5. Who is the beak-nosed man who questions Marlowe about Red in Chapter 35?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)