|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Lindsay Marriott's dead body in Chapter 10?
(a) Lieutenant Randall.
(b) Lieutenant Nulty.
(d) Anne Riordan.
2. What transportation does Marlowe initially take to the Montecito in Chapter 35?
(a) A water taxi.
(b) A plane.
(c) A bus.
(d) A train.
3. What does Mrs. Morrison say that Jessie Florian receives at the first of every month?
(a) A telephone call from Moose Malloy.
(b) A registered letter.
(c) A male visitor.
(d) A bouquet of roses.
4. For what reason has Marlowe been fired from a job in the past?
(a) Perpetual tardiness.
(b) Poor job performance.
5. What does Anne Riordan do for a living?
(a) She writes feature articles.
(b) She's a paleontologist.
(c) She's an opera singer.
(d) She is a kindergarten teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has taken over the ownership and patronage of Florian's since Malloy's last visit there?
2. Who , according to Sergeant Galbraith, runs Bay City?
3. Who does Marlowe punch in the nose at the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. At the end of Chapter 18, where do Marlowe and Mrs. Grayle agree to meet at ten o'clock that night?
5. Which of the following does Marlowe not reveal to the police about Anne Riordan at the end of Chapter 12?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)