|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne Riordan suspect about the three mysterious Russian cigarettes?
(a) They're marijuana rather than tobacco.
(b) Finding where they were bought will lead to the killer.
(c) They contain the murderer's DNA.
(d) They contain the murderer's fingerprints.
2. In Chapter 5, what beverage does Marlowe share with Jessie Florian to loosen her tongue and win her confidence?
(a) Black coffee.
(c) A pint of bourbon.
(d) Apple juice.
3. Why does Marlowe think Malloy will be easy for the police to find?
(a) He's drunk and likely to pass out.
(b) He's not too bright.
(c) He's very large and is wearing brightly colored clothes.
(d) He's injured and likely to black out.
4. What object does a woman point at Marlowe's stomach at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A gun.
(b) A syringe filled with poison.
(c) An antique sword.
(d) A knife.
5. For what crime was Malloy falsely accused and sent to prison?
(a) Robbing a bank.
(c) Driving while intoxicated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something that Marlowe discovers is missing at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What does Jessie Florian say has happened to Velma?
3. Who finds Lindsay Marriott's dead body in Chapter 10?
4. To what place do Marlowe and Marriott go to meet the thieves in Chapter 9?
5. Which of the following does not describe Moose Malloy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)