|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne Riordan do for a living?
(a) She is a kindergarten teacher.
(b) She's an opera singer.
(c) She writes feature articles.
(d) She's a paleontologist.
2. What does Anne Riordan suspect about the three mysterious Russian cigarettes?
(a) They're marijuana rather than tobacco.
(b) Finding where they were bought will lead to the killer.
(c) They contain the murderer's DNA.
(d) They contain the murderer's fingerprints.
3. For whom is Moose Malloy searching in Chapter 1?
(a) His mother.
(b) His friend James.
(c) His former girlfriend, Little Velma.
(d) His wife Susan.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe what Marlowe sees as he approaches Jessie Florian's home?
(a) A dried-out brown house with a dried-out brown lawn.
(b) Last year's unpruned poinsettias against the cracked wall.
(c) A neatly painted white picket fence and white house.
(d) A line of yellowish half-washed clothes on a rusty wire.
5. In Chapter 5, what beverage does Marlowe share with Jessie Florian to loosen her tongue and win her confidence?
(a) A pint of bourbon.
(b) Black coffee.
(d) Apple juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. The thieves order Lindsay Marriott and his lady friend not to tell _________________about the theft.
2. Whom does Moose Malloy toss out of Florian's in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Lindsay Marriott hide when Marlowe drives him to meet the thieves?
4. For what reason has Marlowe been fired from a job in the past?
5. What does Malloy do to the bouncer at Florian's in Chapter 2?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)