|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who tells Marlowe that Mike Florian's widow Jessie is still alive?
(a) Lieutenant Nulty.
(b) Florian's bouncer.
(c) The front desk clerk at the Hotel Sans Souci.
(d) Moose Malloy.
2. What is the one new piece of furniture in Jessie Florian's home?
(a) A green sofa.
(b) A bed.
(c) A dining room table.
(d) A large cabinet radio.
3. In what office did Marlowe once work?
(a) The governor's office.
(b) The District Attorney's office.
(c) The IRS office.
(d) The police chief's office.
4. What fee does Marlowe demand for accepting the job Lindsay Marriott offers him?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
5. What voice does Marlowe hear at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Lieutenant Nulty's.
(b) His own as he regains consciousness.
(d) Mrs. Grayle's.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, why does Lindsay Marriott phone Marlowe?
2. In Chapter 11, where does Marlowe find three mysterious Russian cigarettes?
3. What does Marlowe prefer to do rather than go with Anne Riordan at the end of Chapter 11?
4. To which policeman does Marlowe give his account of what happened to Marriott in Chapter 12?
5. Who is Moose Malloy, the man Marlowe meets outside Florian's night club?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)