|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thieves order Lindsay Marriott and his lady friend not to tell _________________about the theft.
(a) The woman's wealthy husband.
(b) The woman's jeweler.
(c) The police or the woman's insurance company.
(d) The woman's attorney.
2. What do the men escorting Marlowe out of Jules Amthor's house at the beginning of Chapter 24 say Amthor accuses Marlowe of trying to do to him?
(a) Blackmail him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Run him out of business.
(d) Rob him.
3. What does Marlowe prefer to do rather than go with Anne Riordan at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Search for Marlowe's killers.
(b) Go by himself to the police station.
(c) Go home to sleep.
(d) Go to the doctor for his head injury.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Jules Amthor?
(a) Overweight with a dark mustache.
(b) Skin as smooth as a rose petal.
(c) Deep, expressionless eyes.
(d) Pale, fine white hair and coal-black eyebrows.
5. Which of the following is not something that Marlowe discovers is missing at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) His watch.
(b) Lindsay Marriott.
(c) The car, which has been moved to a new location.
(d) The money from his inside coat pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Lindsay Marriott's dead body in Chapter 10?
2. Marlowe thinks the men escorting him out of Amthor's house are______________.
3. What does Marlowe suggest that Jules Amthor get Second Planting to do?
4. At the end of Chapter 18, where do Marlowe and Mrs. Grayle agree to meet at ten o'clock that night?
5. Who does Jessie Florian claim has died of a chest cold in Dalhart, Texas?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)