|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Anne Riordan's hair?
(c) Platinum blonde.
2. In Chapter 31, what kind of insect does Marlowe see crawling across Lieutenant Randall's desk?
(a) An ant.
(b) A black bug with a pink head.
(c) A wasp.
(d) A spider.
3. Where does Marlowe initially tell Lieutenant Randall he has been while Randall has been searching for him?
(a) On vacation in Mexico.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In New York investigating a case.
(d) At Mrs. Grayle's mansion.
4. Which of the following does Marlowe not reveal to the police about Anne Riordan at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Her name.
(b) She was driving a chevvy coupe.
(c) She was driving alone on the highway.
(d) He flagged down her car, and she picked him up.
5. Who employs the person waiting for Marlowe upon his return to his office in Chapter 20?
(a) Mr. Grayle.
(b) Anne Riordan.
(c) Jules Amthor, the psychic consultant.
(d) Lieutenant Nulty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lieutenant Randall find when he goes to Dr. Sonderborg's house in Chapter 31?
2. What does Jessie Florian say her relationship is to Lindsay Marriott?
3. Where does Marlowe find Jessie Florian at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. To which policeman does Marlowe give his account of what happened to Marriott in Chapter 12?
5. What does Mr. Grayle interrupt Marlowe and Mrs. Grayle doing in Chapter 18?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)