|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity does Grace's dad try to get Grace to do with him during Grace's period of depression?
(d) Horseback riding.
2. What is NOT a feature of the necklace Grace keeps hidden under her shirt to honor her biological daughter?
(a) It has a tiny letter M on it.
(b) It has a long gold chain.
(c) It has a tiny peach on it.
(d) It has a heart on it.
3. When the narrator states that Grace is not ashamed of Rafe, of whom is she said to be ashamed instead?
4. What snack do Lauren and Maya share at 2 a.m. the morning after their big argument the day before?
(a) Cap'n Crunch.
(c) Swedish Fish.
5. Who angers Maya by asking whether her parents' divorce will affect her status as an adopted child?
6. When Joaquin does not want to tell Maya and Grace the real reason he broke up with Birdie, what reason does he give instead?
(a) Birdie wants to settle down already.
(b) Birdie has baby pictures and he has none.
(c) Birdie is not good enough for him.
(d) Birdie has motivation and he has none.
7. In what condiment do Grace, Joaquin and Maya find they all like to dip their french fries?
(c) Tartar sauce.
8. What is NOT a reason Maya's mother insists that she cannot have a dog?
(a) Dogs barf on the rug.
(b) Dogs drool.
(c) Lauren is allergic to dogs.
(d) Dogs shed.
9. On what day of the week do Joaquin, Grace, and Maya pledge to meet up each week?
10. What compliment does Rafe give to Grace when he is about to kiss her?
(a) He tells her that she is cute.
(b) He tells her that she is a good listener.
(c) He tells her that she is kind.
(d) He tells her that she is smart.
11. In what city does Maya's mom enter a rehab facility for her alcoholism?
(a) Palm Beach.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Palm Springs.
(d) New York City.
12. What is the truthful answer to the question Grace's mother asks her about her relationship with Rafe?
(a) They are engaged.
(b) They do not like one another at all.
(c) They are friends who flirt.
(d) They are going steady.
13. Who is the only member of the family who cries the day when one family members moves out permanently?
(b) Lauren and Maya's dad.
(d) Lauren and Maya's mom.
14. How old are Rafe's brother and sister?
(a) In their twenties.
(b) In their teens.
(c) Younger than ten.
(d) In their thirties.
15. Of whom does Grace dream night after night subsequent to meeting Maya and Joaquin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Joaquin to come into his office for a quick minute as Joaquin is leaving school on a Friday?
2. What favor does Grace ask of Rafe during one of their diner meetings?
3. What does Maya catch herself doing one afternoon, even though her mom is in rehab and is not at home?
4. What item does Maya realize is the only object she has left of Claire, only after consuming it?
5. To which of her family members does Maya stop speaking for a week when she becomes angry?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)