|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 227-307.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joaquin has always thought that if he does and says the exactly correct things, then no one will know that he is what?
(a) A foster kid.
(c) A monster.
2. What is Birdie's real name?
3. Whom does Joaquin avoid telling about his possible adoption, for fear of letting that person's opinion sway him?
(a) His sister Grace.
(b) His boss Peter.
(c) His therapist Ana.
(d) His sister Maya.
4. Peach's adoptive parents tell Grace that they will send her letters and photos of Peach for how long?
(a) Whenever Grace asks for them.
(b) For 18 years.
(c) The first year.
(d) The first 5 years.
5. When Mark and Linda wake Joaquin from a nightmare, for whom do they say he had been calling in his sleep?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) Lauren and Rafe.
(c) Grace and Maya.
(d) Mark and Linda.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months after adopting Maya had Maya's mother discovered she was pregnant?
2. To which of her family members does Maya stop speaking for a week when she becomes angry?
3. What is NOT among the list of names Grace had been called by other students during her time attending high school while pregnant?
4. What does Joaquin immediately think is happening when he returns home from his therapy session and sees a strange car in the driveway?
5. What action does Maya demand of Lauren during their argument about Maya's identity as an adopted child?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)