|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 154-226.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Maya tell Joaquin that she takes when she is nervous?
(a) She twirls her hair.
(b) She notices small details about her surroundings.
(c) She remains quiet.
(d) She talks a lot.
2. What is the reason that Maya's dad cannot make their dinner date when he texts to let her know?
(a) He is meeting his girlfriend instead.
(b) He has extended his vacation.
(c) He is stuck on a business trip.
(d) He is stuck in traffic.
3. What items does Joaquin tell Ana that Birdie has, while he does not, making them wrong for one another?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) A mom.
(c) A past.
(d) Baby pictures.
4. Where does Maya's mother go directly from the hospital?
(a) To a bar.
(c) To a rehab facility.
(d) To Maya's dad's new apartment.
5. Who is the only member of the family who cries the day when one family members moves out permanently?
(a) Lauren and Maya's mom.
(d) Lauren and Maya's dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Maya's family members is said at the beginning of a chapter to have "moved out on Sunday morning" (154)?
2. What is NOT something about Birdie that Joaquin misses, now that they have broken up?
3. How many different times has Joaquin been asked to leave a foster home for one reason or another?
4. When Mark and Linda wake Joaquin from a nightmare, for whom do they say he had been calling in his sleep?
5. On what day of the week do Joaquin, Grace, and Maya pledge to meet up each week?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)