|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 73-153.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old had Joaquin been when he was placed on a psychiatric hold in the mental hospital?
2. What is NOT on the list of things Maya means to do in the two years or so?
(a) Finding her biological mother.
(b) Live with Claire.
(c) Graduate from high school.
(d) Go to New York.
3. According to Grace, in what period of her first day back at school does everything "crumble into oblivion" (101)?
4. When Mark and Linda wake Joaquin from a nightmare, for whom do they say he had been calling in his sleep?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) Mark and Linda.
(c) Lauren and Rafe.
(d) Grace and Maya.
5. What is NOT an aspect of Ana's office that Joaquin finds too alarming to be borne?
(a) It is clean.
(b) It is yellow.
(c) It is white.
(d) It is modern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even before meeting his biological sisters, Joaquin had known that they would both be what?
2. What does Grace's ex-boyfriend Max end up doing on homecoming night?
3. What does Joaquin feel that he always has to say when people start speaking to him in Spanish?
4. What image keeps bringing on Maya's "terrible feelings pushing their way past her heart and into her throat, choking her" (113)?
5. Who is ultimately deemed by the school to be responsible for the chaos that erupts on Grace's first and last day back to school?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)