|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 3-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT on the list of things Maya means to do in the two years or so?
(a) Finding her biological mother.
(b) Live with Claire.
(c) Go to New York.
(d) Graduate from high school.
2. When Mark and Linda sit Joaquin down to tell him they want to adopt him, what does he think they are about to do instead?
(a) Tell him they are getting a divorce.
(b) Ask him to leave.
(c) Give him a car.
(d) Tell him that Linda is pregnant.
3. Joaquin knows that he had been placed in foster care at what age?
4. What does Grace say that both Max and his father do when they are angry?
(a) They lower their voices.
(b) They flare their nostrils.
(c) They yell.
(d) They shake.
5. What tune does the doorbell at Maya's house play?
(a) Old Paint.
(b) That's Amore.
(c) Ode to Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had one set of Joaquin's foster parents done to discourage him from being left-handed?
2. What sound does Grace hear coming from all four parents present in the room when Grace and Maya meet for the first time?
3. To what college had Grace been planning to apply before becoming pregnant?
4. How do Maya's parents feel about the fact that she is gay?
5. For what reason are Grace and her parents surprised when they pull up to Maya's house for the first time?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)