|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 154-226.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Grace texts Joaquin to tell him the location of their meeting has changed, where does she tell him to go instead of the coffee shop?
(a) Joaquin's house.
(b) The school cafeteria.
(c) Maya's house.
(d) Grace's house.
2. Why does Joaquin hate iced tea?
(a) Because it is much too bitter.
(b) Because it is cloyingly sweet.
(c) Because it reminds him of the foster mother who questioned whether he knew what iced tea was.
(d) Because he does not like to eat leaves or twigs.
3. After a lengthy report of the struggles Grace has been having, the narrator states "one thing" (181), however, that she does know. What is that one thing?
(a) She wants to spend winter break in Hawaii.
(b) She wants to try to get back together with Max.
(c) Going to school with bullies is driving her insane.
(d) Staying home with her parents is driving her insane.
4. When Joaquin can finally speak after fleeing his first meeting with Ana, what place does he say the office had too closely resembled?
(a) A library.
(c) The hospital.
5. What had one set of Joaquin's foster parents done to discourage him from being left-handed?
(a) They had glued the fingers of his left hand together.
(b) They had tied his left hand behind his back.
(c) They had attached a string to his left hand as a reminder to use his right hand.
(d) They had taped his left hand shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maya's mother go directly from the hospital?
2. What is the subject header of the very first email Maya ever receives from Grace and is followed by a question mark within the subject line?
3. Who is the first person Maya calls after hanging up with 911 on the night of her mother's accident?
4. When Mark and Linda ask Joaquin for the second time about his possible adoption, what is his reply?
5. Maya thinks that everything seems a certain way "at three a.m." (26). How does she think everything seems at that hour, in comparison to other hours of the day?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)