|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom had Jacob served time in wait to marry her, according to the Biblical allusion in Chapter 49?
2. Where has Troy gone in the morning after Bathsheba has given him money in Chapter 41?
3. What city can Troy see as he is rowed to the ship in Chapter 47?
4. What does Bathsheba discover when she opens Fanny's coffin in Chapter 43?
(a) The bodies of Fanny and her child.
(b) The bodies of Fanny and Troy.
(c) No body in the casket.
(d) The body of Fanny Robin.
5. How does Boldwood kill Troy in Chapter 53?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He hangs him.
(d) He drowns him.
6. What is Gabriel doing inside his cottage when Bathsheba comes to talk to him in the night in Chapter 43?
(b) Making dinner.
(c) Eating dinner.
7. Who writes a note to Bathsheba saying "Your husband is here. I've seen him. Who's the fool now?" in Chapter 50?
(a) Sam Samson.
(c) Mr. Boldwood.
(d) Teddy Coggan.
8. Who is the farrier that recently shoed the horse that's been stolen in Chapter 32?
(a) Teddy Coggan.
(b) Henery Fray.
(c) Sam Samson.
(d) Jimmy Harris.
9. In what month does Chapter 39 begin?
10. What does the word "harbinger" from Chapter 33's title mean?
(a) An omen.
(b) A dingo.
(c) A rowboat.
(d) A type of hawk.
11. What had the ship's crew come ashore for in Chapter 47?
12. What is Sergeant Troy's first name?
13. How many months has it been since Gabriel was fighting the fire in the same spot where he fights the rain in Chapter 38?
14. How old was Fanny when she died, according to her tombstone?
15. Where does the newspaper say Troy and Bathsheba were married in Chapter 34?
(a) St. Mary's Church.
(b) St. Ambrose's Church.
(c) All Saints' Church.
(d) All Souls' Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who presided over the wedding of Bathsheba and Troy?
2. How old was Sergeant Troy when he died?
3. Why is Mr. Boldwood's death sentence lessened in Chapter 55?
4. In what month is Chapter 55 set?
5. According to Liddy in Chapter 49, Bathsheba might consider remarrying after Troy has been dead for how long?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)