|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53 - 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bathsheba assist Gabriel in doing when she goes to ask him for advice in Chapter 20?
(a) Birthing a lamb.
(b) Milking the dairy cow.
(c) Sharpening his shears.
(d) Bathing the sheep.
2. How does Boldwood kill Troy in Chapter 53?
(a) He drowns him.
(b) He hangs him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He stabs him.
3. What does Troy spend his last remaining money on in Chapter 45?
(a) A gamble on a horse race.
(b) A tombstone for Fanny.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A house for Bathsheba.
4. Who wrote Robinson Crusoe?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) Henry James.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Daniel Defoe.
5. Why does Bathsheba fire Gabriel in Chapter 20?
(a) For lighting the barn on fire.
(b) For arriving at work drunk.
(c) For criticizing her conduct.
(d) For killing a sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal appears and helps Fanny make it into the village in Chapter 40?
2. Who writes a note to Bathsheba saying "Your husband is here. I've seen him. Who's the fool now?" in Chapter 50?
3. Who is the keeper of the gate at Sherton Turnpike?
4. What musical instrument does Gabriel play in the night in Chapter 2?
5. Who agrees to go inside and tell Bathsheba that Troy is outside Mr. Boldwood's house in Chapter 53?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)