|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53 - 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Bathsheba send away to the lower mead so that she can speak to Gabriel alone in Chapter 20?
(a) Joseph Poorgrass.
(b) Sam Samson.
(c) Cainy Ball.
(d) William Smallbury.
2. What does the word "riband" from Chapter 47 mean?
(a) A fingerless glove.
(b) A woman's parasol.
(c) A decorative ribbon.
(d) A ship's wheel.
3. Where does Gabriel attend a hiring fair in the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What is Gabriel doing inside his cottage when Bathsheba comes to talk to him in the night in Chapter 43?
(a) Making dinner.
(c) Eating dinner.
5. How does Boldwood kill Troy in Chapter 53?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He hangs him.
(d) He drowns him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What farm animals is Bathsheba working with when Farmer Boldwood arrives in Chapter 18?
2. How much money does Bathsheba give to Joseph Poorgrass in addition to his pay as a gift when she begins managing the farm in Chapter 10?
3. How is "the eve of St. Thomas's" defined in Chapter 2?
4. What does Bathsheba discover when she opens Fanny's coffin in Chapter 43?
5. What musical instrument does Gabriel play in the night in Chapter 2?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)