|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the old maltster say he was married in Chapter 8?
(a) All Souls' Church.
(b) St. Mary's Church.
(c) All Saints' Church.
(d) Norcombe Church.
2. Who helps Bathsheba clean up Fanny's grave in Chapter 46?
(b) Sergeant Troy.
(c) Mr. Boldwood.
(d) Gabriel Oak.
3. Where does Gabriel attend a hiring fair in the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What does Maryann claim is bad luck in the beginning of Chapter 33?
(a) Looking into a mirror.
(b) Relocating a broom.
(c) Breaking a key.
(d) Dropping a Bible.
5. Who wrote Robinson Crusoe?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Henry James.
(d) Daniel Defoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator describes Bathsheba in Chapter 19 as "An Elizabethan in brain and" whom in spirit?
2. The narrator says in Chapter 25, "Idiosyncrasy and vicissitude had combined to stamp Sergeant Troy as" what?
3. Who among the company at the tavern is described as being very shy and modest in Chapter 8?
4. How much money does Boldwood tell Troy he will bestow upon Fanny on her wedding day if Troy marries her in Chapter 34?
5. Who is the master-shearer when sheep-shearing begins in Chapter 22?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)