|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tormented figure from Greek mythology is alluded to by the author in Chapter 20?
2. In the conclusion of Chapter 24, the narrator says, "It was a fatal omission of Boldwood's that he had never once told [Bathsheba]" what?
(a) "She was beautiful."
(b) "He loved her."
(c) "He wanted to marry her."
(d) "He was married."
3. What does the word "folly" from the narrative mean?
(a) A flute-player.
(b) A dance captain.
(c) A foolish action.
(d) A pretty woman.
4. Who is the author of The Pilgrim's Progress?
(a) Jimmy Harris.
(b) John Bunyan.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) Henry James.
5. From whom does Gabriel receive a letter in Chapter 15?
(a) Teddy Coggan.
(c) Henery Fray.
(d) Fanny Robin.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Bathsheba tell Liddy she bought a Valentine in Chapter 13?
2. What does the beautiful girl take out from a package on her wagon to gaze at in Chapter 1?
3. When does Sergeant Troy tell Bathsheba he will be sent back "to the miserable monotony of drill" in Chapter 26?
4. Who takes a wagon to retrieve Fanny's body in Chapter 42?
5. Gabriel tells Bathsheba in Chapter 29, "what is mirth to the neighbors is ruin to" what?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)