|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Liddy retire for the night, leaving Bathsheba alone with the coffin, in the beginning of Chapter 43?
(a) 8:30 p.m.
(b) 9:00 p.m.
(c) 11:45 p.m.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
2. When does Sergeant Troy tell Bathsheba he will be sent back "to the miserable monotony of drill" in Chapter 26?
(a) In a month.
(b) In three days.
(c) In a fortnight.
(d) In a week.
3. To whose house does Maryann run to sound the alarm when she sees someone taking a horse from the stables in Chapter 32?
(a) Sergeant Troy's house.
(b) Cainy Ball's house.
(c) Jan Coggan's house.
(d) Joseph Poorgrass's house.
4. What city can Troy see as he is rowed to the ship in Chapter 47?
5. What farm animals is Bathsheba working with when Farmer Boldwood arrives in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal appears and helps Fanny make it into the village in Chapter 40?
2. What is the title of Chapter 30?
3. At what time does Bathsheba meet Sergeant Troy so that he can perform a sword exercise in Chapter 28?
4. What Shakespearean play does Bathsheba tell Liddy to bring to her in the attic in Chapter 44?
5. What is the name of Mr. Boldwood's estate?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)