|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 - 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sergeant Troy's regiment?
(a) The 11th Dragoon Guards.
(b) The 12th Royal Lancers.
(c) The 1st Grenadier Guards.
(d) The 1st Royal Tank Regiment.
2. What emotion does Bathsheba tell Gabriel provoked her to marry Sergeant Troy in Chapter 37?
3. Who acts as general supervisor during the sheep-shearing in Chapter 22?
(a) Joseph Poorgrass.
(b) Gabriel Oak.
(c) Jan Coggan.
(d) Henery Fray.
4. Whom does Bathsheba send away to the lower mead so that she can speak to Gabriel alone in Chapter 20?
(a) Sam Samson.
(b) William Smallbury.
(c) Cainy Ball.
(d) Joseph Poorgrass.
5. What does Gabriel Oak always carry about him, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A frayed rope.
(c) A pocket watch.
(d) A hatchet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Troy and the farm workers spent the night after passing out drunk in Chapter 38?
2. Whose figures can Famer Boldwood make out as he looks across the fields to Miss Everdene's farm in Chapter 18?
3. What is Gabriel Oak referred to as by the villagers in the beginning of the novel?
4. How is "the eve of St. Thomas's" defined in Chapter 2?
5. Who is Gabriel's junior shepherd in Weatherbury?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)