|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of Bathsheba's servant-companion Liddy?
2. What musical instrument does Gabriel play in the night in Chapter 2?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A harp.
(c) A flute.
(d) A lyre.
3. How is "the eve of St. Thomas's" defined in Chapter 2?
(a) The shortest day of the year.
(b) The evening of the harvest moon.
(c) The longest day of the year.
(d) The evening of the ritual bonfire.
4. What is the name of Bathsheba's aunt that she lives with in Chapter 4?
(a) Mrs. James.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Hurst.
(d) Mrs. Wesson.
5. What is Jacob's last name said to be in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the maiden do to revive Gabriel when she finds him passed out in his hut in Chapter 3?
2. What does Gabriel Oak always carry about him, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Gabriel go to seek lodging in the village after putting out the fire in Chapter 7?
4. What is the title of Chapter 10?
5. In what country is Far from the Madding World set?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)