|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Bathsheba come to Gabriel's farm each day in Chapters 3 and 4?
(a) To collect eggs.
(b) To milk a goat.
(c) To milk a cow.
(d) To plant flowers.
2. What is the name of Bathsheba's aunt that she lives with in Chapter 4?
(a) Mrs. Wesson.
(b) Mrs. Hurst.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mrs. James.
3. How much money does Gabriel give to the woman he encounters on his way into Weatherbury in Chapter 7?
(a) A shilling.
(b) Ten shillings.
(c) A halfpence.
(d) Two pence.
4. Who wrote Robinson Crusoe?
(a) Daniel Defoe.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Henry James.
(d) Walt Whitman.
5. From what Shakespearean play is the line "Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" that is cited in Chapter 4?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gabriel go to seek lodging in the village after putting out the fire in Chapter 7?
2. What has the beautiful maid come to look for by Gabriel's hut in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of Gabriel's older dog in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Bathsheba attend the corn market in Chapter 12?
5. Where does the old maltster say he was married in Chapter 8?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)