|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Bathsheba admire while at the corn market in Chapter 12?
(a) Sam Samson.
(b) Sergeant Troy.
(c) William Smallbury.
(d) Mr. Boldwood.
2. Whom does Mr. Boldwood come to inquire about at Bathsheba's home in Chapter 9?
(a) Fanny Robin.
(b) Henery Fray.
(c) Joseph Poorgrass.
(d) Gabriel Oak.
3. Where does Gabriel go to seek lodging in the village after putting out the fire in Chapter 7?
(a) Smithwick's Tavern.
(b) The Casterbridge-Union poorhouse.
(c) Mrs. Beale's Boarding House.
(d) Warren's Malthouse.
4. What is Jacob's last name said to be in Chapter 8?
5. Who wrote Robinson Crusoe?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Daniel Defoe.
(c) Henry James.
(d) Walt Whitman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is Far from the Madding World set?
2. Where does Bathsheba attend the corn market in Chapter 12?
3. What had Gabriel worked as before leasing a farm and stocking it with sheep?
4. What is the last name of Bathsheba's servant-companion Liddy?
5. What musical instrument does Gabriel play in the night in Chapter 2?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)