|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bathsheba attend the corn market in Chapter 12?
2. What is the last name of Bathsheba's servant-companion Liddy?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) "Troubles in the Fold - A Message."
(b) "Mistress and Men."
(c) "A Girl on Horseback - Conversation."
(d) "Recognition - A Timid Girl."
4. Whom does Mr. Boldwood come to inquire about at Bathsheba's home in Chapter 9?
(a) Henery Fray.
(b) Fanny Robin.
(c) Joseph Poorgrass.
(d) Gabriel Oak.
5. What is Gabriel Oak referred to as by the villagers in the beginning of the novel?
(a) "Simon Oak."
(b) "Farmer Oak."
(c) "Cleric Oak."
(d) "Father Oak."
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the narrator in Chapter 18, "are to a farm what a fireplace is to a room"?
2. How is "the eve of St. Thomas's" defined in Chapter 2?
3. From what Shakespearean play is the line "Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" that is cited in Chapter 4?
4. What does Gabriel Oak always carry about him, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
5. How many sheep has Gabriel Oak stocked his farm with in the past year, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)