|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gabriel's older dog in Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of Bathsheba's aunt that she lives with in Chapter 4?
(a) Mrs. James.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Hurst.
(d) Mrs. Wesson.
3. Why does Bathsheba say the bailiff has been dismissed in Chapter 10?
(a) For insulting her.
(b) For tardiness.
(c) For thieving.
(d) For drunkenness.
4. Who is Gabriel's junior shepherd in Weatherbury?
(a) Joseph Poorgrass.
(b) Henery Fray.
(c) Cainy Ball.
(d) Sam Samson.
5. What is Gabriel Oak referred to as by the villagers in the beginning of the novel?
(a) "Father Oak."
(b) "Cleric Oak."
(c) "Farmer Oak."
(d) "Simon Oak."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jacob's last name said to be in Chapter 8?
2. Where does the old maltster say he was married in Chapter 8?
3. What does the word "folly" from the narrative mean?
4. Whom does Gabriel allow to read the letter he's received in Chapter 15?
5. From whom has Bathsheba inherited a farm in Weatherbury in Chapter 8?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)