|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the remaining people at the Kao compound fearful of as the fighting ceases?
2. What does Cheuh-min say he has been so wrapped up in that he has not had time to talk with Cheuh-hui about his feelings?
3. Who else is Chien-erh burning money for?
4. Besides stealing, what else does Uncle Ke-ting confess to?
5. What is the name of the magazine that Cheuh-hui and some of his friends start to publish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please compare and contrast the romantic relationship of Chueh-hsin and Mei with that of Chueh-min and Chin. What outside influences have affected both relationships and how do the participants in each relationship fare because of these influences?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay stating whether or not you believe this novel should be considered a tragedy, please use examples from the novel. Please also identify any tragic hero and explain any tragic flaw that exists for that hero.
Essay Topic 3
Pathos was used in this book. Please explain what pathos is and how it was used in this story.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)