Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they not let Cheuh-hsin into the room when Jui-cheuh is giving birth?
2. Why has Uncle Ke-ting been stealing from his wife?
3. Upon hearing of the looting in the city, what orders does Cheuh-hsin give to his younger brothers?
4. When does Cheuh-hui learn of Ming-feng's death?
5. How does Jui-cheuh respond when she hears of Mei's death?
Essay Topic 1
Please clarify the differences between mood, tone, and theme in a piece of literature. What is the mood and tone of "Family"? What is the main theme(s) of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Arranged marriages play a large role in the story--please choose two characters and explain how the practice of arranged marriage has affected them specifically. What role does arranged marriage play in the story overall?
Essay Topic 3
Social classes and ranking are mentioned throughout the story. Please explain what role social class played in the lives of each of the three brothers and the role it played in the entirety of the story.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)