Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they not let Cheuh-hsin into the room when Jui-cheuh is giving birth?
2. Why has Uncle Ke-ting been stealing from his wife?
3. Upon hearing of the looting in the city, what orders does Cheuh-hsin give to his younger brothers?
4. When does Cheuh-hui learn of Ming-feng's death?
5. How does Jui-cheuh respond when she hears of Mei's death?
We reviewed the practice of concubinage--what is concubinage and what role does it play in the story? What influence, if any, do you think the traditional social role of women in China during the early 1900s have on the practice of concubinage?
Please choose one major theme in the story "Family" to identify and outline. How is this theme seen throughout the novel? Who in the novel does this theme affect? Was this theme central to the novel or could it have stood without this theme?
How was foreshadowing used in this story? Do you think that the use of foreshadowing was helpful to you as a reader? Why or why not?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)