|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they not let Cheuh-hsin into the room when Jui-cheuh is giving birth?
2. Why has Uncle Ke-ting been stealing from his wife?
3. Upon hearing of the looting in the city, what orders does Cheuh-hsin give to his younger brothers?
4. When does Cheuh-hui learn of Ming-feng's death?
5. How does Jui-cheuh respond when she hears of Mei's death?
Essay Topic 1
Social classes and ranking are mentioned throughout the story. Please explain what role social class played in the lives of each of the three brothers and the role it played in the entirety of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Please explain the purpose and method of characterization. How was characterization used in the case of the three brothers and what type of characterization(s) were used?
Essay Topic 3
Please compare and contrast conflict and climax in the story. Identify both the climax and conflict(s) in the novel and explain how they are linked to one another, if they are linked.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)