|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jui-cheuh feel when her husband and son leave her home in chapter 36?
2. Who is Cheuh-min to be married to?
3. How does Cheuh-hui respond when he hears that Wan-erh is going to the Fengs as a concubine?
4. What is the state of the house Jui-cheuh must live in outside the city?
5. How does Cheuh-hui get the others to turn the boat around and head back home?
Essay Topic 1
Please compare and contrast the romantic relationship of Chueh-hsin and Mei with that of Chueh-min and Chin. What outside influences have affected both relationships and how do the participants in each relationship fare because of these influences?
Essay Topic 2
Pathos was used in this book. Please explain what pathos is and how it was used in this story.
Essay Topic 3
Please choose one major theme in the story "Family" to identify and outline. How is this theme seen throughout the novel? Who in the novel does this theme affect? Was this theme central to the novel or could it have stood without this theme?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)