|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the literary character the Chin is trying to be like?
2. Who walks off with Mei after her confrontation with Chueh-hui in the garden?
3. How long will Jui-cheuh have to live outside the city?
4. What does Cheuh-hui hear when he arrives to the compound after school in Chapter 25?
5. What is the state of the house Jui-cheuh must live in outside the city?
Essay Topic 1
Please explain the family structure and roles in China in early 1900s and identify the various characters that fulfill these roles in the story "Family." Are there any individuals in this story who seem to oppose this structure?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay stating whether or not you believe this novel should be considered a tragedy, please use examples from the novel. Please also identify any tragic hero and explain any tragic flaw that exists for that hero.
Essay Topic 3
Please explain the importance and role of a plot line and its various sub-parts. Choose two of the sub-parts of a plot line and analyze their use in the book "Family."
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)