|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they not let Cheuh-hsin into the room when Jui-cheuh is giving birth?
2. Why has Uncle Ke-ting been stealing from his wife?
3. Upon hearing of the looting in the city, what orders does Cheuh-hsin give to his younger brothers?
4. When does Cheuh-hui learn of Ming-feng's death?
5. How does Jui-cheuh respond when she hears of Mei's death?
Essay Topic 1
How was foreshadowing used in this story? Do you think that the use of foreshadowing was helpful to you as a reader? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Pathos was used in this book. Please explain what pathos is and how it was used in this story.
Essay Topic 3
Social classes and ranking are mentioned throughout the story. Please explain what role social class played in the lives of each of the three brothers and the role it played in the entirety of the story.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)