|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cheuh-hui hears that Jui-cheuh has been moved what does he tell his older brother?
2. How does Cheuh-min's running make Cheuh-hsin feel?
3. Who is the one person who knows where Cheuh-min is hiding?
4. Why is it that Cheuh-hsin cannot go outside to visit his wife for a few days?
5. What are the remaining people at the Kao compound fearful of as the fighting ceases?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Cheuh-hui play in Cheuh-min's hiding?
2. Because of their fear of the curse, what to the women pressure Cheuh-hsin to do and how does his wife feel about this?
3. How does Master Kao respond to Ke-ting's misdeeds?
4. How does Cheuh-hsin try to help Cheuh-min with his arranged marriage?
5. Why do two policemen come to Cheuh-hui's magazine office?
6. What is the general response to the death of Master Kao?
7. What happens during Jui-cheuh's childbirth?
8. Why are the women scared of the curse of the blood-glow?
9. Why is Chien-erh burning paper money?
10. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Ming-feng's death and what is his response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was foreshadowing used in this story? Do you think that the use of foreshadowing was helpful to you as a reader? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How was the literary technique of the love triangle used in this book and what parties were involved? In the end what is the outcome of the love triangle?
Essay Topic 3
Please explain the importance and role of a plot line and its various sub-parts. Choose two of the sub-parts of a plot line and analyze their use in the book "Family."
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)