|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheuh-hsin tell Mei when he sees her in the garden?
2. What does everyone seem to be thinking about as they hear the fighting outside the Kao compound?
3. Who is the first person Cheuh-hui goes to see after he visits his ill grandfather?
4. How is Cheuh-min's mindset in Chapter 31?
5. Who seems to be the calmest about the military fighting?
Essay Topic 1
Please compare and contrast conflict and climax in the story. Identify both the climax and conflict(s) in the novel and explain how they are linked to one another, if they are linked.
Essay Topic 2
Please choose one major theme in the story "Family" to identify and outline. How is this theme seen throughout the novel? Who in the novel does this theme affect? Was this theme central to the novel or could it have stood without this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Please describe the three funerals that occur in this novel. Explain what the reader can learn about each one of these characters through their funerals.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)