Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they not let Cheuh-hsin into the room when Jui-cheuh is giving birth?
2. Why has Uncle Ke-ting been stealing from his wife?
3. Upon hearing of the looting in the city, what orders does Cheuh-hsin give to his younger brothers?
4. When does Cheuh-hui learn of Ming-feng's death?
5. How does Jui-cheuh respond when she hears of Mei's death?
We reviewed the practice of concubinage--what is concubinage and what role does it play in the story? What influence, if any, do you think the traditional social role of women in China during the early 1900s have on the practice of concubinage?
Write an essay stating whether or not you believe this novel should be considered a tragedy, please use examples from the novel. Please also identify any tragic hero and explain any tragic flaw that exists for that hero.
Please explain the family structure and roles in China in early 1900s and identify the various characters that fulfill these roles in the story "Family." Are there any individuals in this story who seem to oppose this structure?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)