|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Master Kao's friend Feng looking for?
2. What decision does Chueh-hui make, despite the fact it may anger his grandfather?
3. Who is Mei?
4. From what family is Chueh-hsin's wife?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Jui-cheuh say she is embroidering for her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the occurrence with Chueh-hui and the begger boy?
2. How does Cheuh-hui feel about leaving and where is he going?
3. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Jui-cheuh's move and what is his response?
4. What do Chueh-hui and Jui-cheuh talk about in the garden?
5. What do Cheuh-hsin and Mei talk about while in the garden at the Kao compound?
6. Describe the boat ride the cousins are on in Chapter 19.
7. Because of their fear of the curse, what to the women pressure Cheuh-hsin to do and how does his wife feel about this?
8. Please describe Chin and her mother's relationship.
9. Who else knows of Cheuh-hui's leaving?
10. From what is shared in the first three chapters, how is the brothers' family best described?
Essay Topic 1
Please explain the difference between protagonist and antagonist characters and their roles in a story. Who would be considered antagonist(s) and protagonist(s) in the story "Family" and how did you come to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Please choose on character to analyze using the five categories studied in your daily lessons.
Essay Topic 3
Arranged marriages play a large role in the story--please choose two characters and explain how the practice of arranged marriage has affected them specifically. What role does arranged marriage play in the story overall?
This section contains 1,351 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)