Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Master Kao's friend Feng looking for?
2. What decision does Chueh-hui make, despite the fact it may anger his grandfather?
3. Who is Mei?
4. From what family is Chueh-hsin's wife?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Jui-cheuh say she is embroidering for her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the occurrence with Chueh-hui and the begger boy?
2. How does Cheuh-hui feel about leaving and where is he going?
3. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Jui-cheuh's move and what is his response?
4. What do Chueh-hui and Jui-cheuh talk about in the garden?
5. What do Cheuh-hsin and Mei talk about while in the garden at the Kao compound?
6. Describe the boat ride the cousins are on in Chapter 19.
7. Because of their fear of the curse, what to the women pressure Cheuh-hsin to do and how does his wife feel about this?
8. Please describe Chin and her mother's relationship.
9. Who else knows of Cheuh-hui's leaving?
10. From what is shared in the first three chapters, how is the brothers' family best described?
Essay Topic 1
Please choose on character to analyze using the five categories studied in your daily lessons.
Essay Topic 2
Please explain the importance and role of a plot line and its various sub-parts. Choose two of the sub-parts of a plot line and analyze their use in the book "Family."
Essay Topic 3
Please compare and contrast the romantic relationship of Chueh-hsin and Mei with that of Chueh-min and Chin. What outside influences have affected both relationships and how do the participants in each relationship fare because of these influences?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)