|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family member stumbles upon Mei and Cheuh-hsin in the garden?
(c) Madam Chang.
(d) Uncle Ke-ting.
2. What does Cheuh-hui say to Mei's body as he leaves from paying his respect?
(a) You didn't die; you've been murdered.
(b) Life has not been fair to you.
(c) You were too good a woman.
(d) My brother has always loved you.
3. What punishment does Master Kao make Ke-ting do in front of everyone?
(a) Cut off his beard.
(b) Hit himself.
(c) Cut off his hair.
(d) Curse himself.
4. What curse are the Kao women afraid of?
(a) Curse of the undead.
(b) Curse of the seven sisters.
(c) Curse of the black night.
(d) Curse of the blood-glow.
5. Why is it that Cheuh-hsin cannot go outside to visit his wife for a few days?
(a) Because he is needed at the magazine office.
(b) Because the women think he may be in danger.
(c) Because he does not like having to travel outside the city.
(d) Because he has to supervise the building of Kao's gravesite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks off with Mei after her confrontation with Chueh-hui in the garden?
2. What word does Cheuh-hui use to describe his older brother in Chapter 26?
3. Who tells Ming-Feng that she is to become Master Feng's concubine?
4. What are the remaining people at the Kao compound fearful of as the fighting ceases?
5. Why is Chien-erh burning money for Wan-erh?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)