|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Uncle Ke-ting been stealing from his wife?
(a) To keep a concubine in the city.
(b) To try and leave her.
(c) To cover his drinking costs.
(d) To pay off gambling debt.
2. What does Cheuh-hsin tell Mei when he sees her in the garden?
(a) He needs her to stay with him forever.
(b) He feels she is being cruel toward him.
(c) He wishes she never returned to the city.
(d) He is glad she is so happy.
3. Who has the governor ordered a campaign against in Chapter 19?
(a) Lieutenant Chou.
(b) General Chang.
(c) The Red Army.
(d) The students.
4. What does Chin tell Cheuh-hui she is determined about?
(a) Marrying someone that she loves.
(b) Not ending up like Mei.
(c) Being an independent woman.
(d) Not being told what to do by anyone.
5. What does Cheuh-hui hear when he arrives to the compound after school in Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cheuh-hui hears that Jui-cheuh has been moved what does he tell his older brother?
2. Why is Cheuh-hui sick of the aristocratic life?
3. How does Cheuh-hui feel about himself in Chapter 26?
4. What happens during the birth of Jui-cheuh's second child?
5. How do Cheuh-hui and Cheuh-min feel about the many lewd entertainments at the birthday celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jui-cheuh seem to respond to Mei initially?
2. What happens when news of the looting comes to the Kao compound?
3. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Ming-feng's death and what is his response?
4. What are Master Kao's last dying words to his grandsons?
5. How does Cheuh-hui feel about his life after Ming-feng's death?
6. Why are the women scared of the curse of the blood-glow?
7. Why is Chien-erh burning paper money?
8. Describe the boat ride the cousins are on in Chapter 19.
9. How does Master Kao respond to Ke-ting's misdeeds?
10. What role does Cheuh-hui play in Cheuh-min's hiding?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)