|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one person who knows where Cheuh-min is hiding?
(a) Cheuh-hsin's wife.
2. What is the name of Cheuh-hui's new magazine in Chapter 27?
(a) Down with the aristocracy.
(b) For the Masses.
(d) Liberty for all.
3. What advice does Cheuh-hsin give to his youngest brother about his arranged marriage?
(a) To just accept it.
(b) To run away.
(c) To refuse.
(d) To be positive and he will eventually fall in love.
4. What does Cheuh-hui say to Mei's body as he leaves from paying his respect?
(a) My brother has always loved you.
(b) You didn't die; you've been murdered.
(c) You were too good a woman.
(d) Life has not been fair to you.
5. Who tells Ming-Feng that she is to become Master Feng's concubine?
(a) Mrs. Chang.
(c) Master Kao.
(d) Madame Chou.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the literary character the Chin is trying to be like?
2. How is Cheuh-min's mindset in Chapter 31?
3. Who seems to be the most distraught by the military fighting that is happening?
4. Who sees wounded soldiers being carried into the city?
5. Who is Cheuh-min to be married to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the superstitious family members do to try and rid Master Kao of his illness?
2. Because of their fear of the curse, what to the women pressure Cheuh-hsin to do and how does his wife feel about this?
3. What role does Cheuh-hui play in Cheuh-min's hiding?
4. How does the family feel the night that fighting breaks out around the city?
5. Why do two policemen come to Cheuh-hui's magazine office?
6. How does Cheuh-hsin try to help Cheuh-min with his arranged marriage?
7. What happens during Jui-cheuh's childbirth?
8. What is the general response to the death of Master Kao?
9. What is Cheuh-min's response to his arranged marriage?
10. What is the entertainment like at Master Kao's birthday and how to the two youngest brothers feel about it?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)