|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of discussion for Chin and Shu-chen while they are taking a boat ride?
(b) The future.
2. Who is Cheuh-min to be married to?
(a) Chou's grand-daughter.
(b) Feng's daughter.
(c) Zheng's daughter.
(d) Fu's neice.
3. What does Cheuh-hui say to Mei's body as he leaves from paying his respect?
(a) You didn't die; you've been murdered.
(b) Life has not been fair to you.
(c) My brother has always loved you.
(d) You were too good a woman.
4. Where is Master Kao during all the fighting?
(a) Visiting relatives.
(b) At Mrs. Chang's.
(c) At the Kao compound.
(d) Fighting for the general.
5. What must be done to Master Kao's coffin to keep him safe from curses?
(a) It must be set on fire.
(b) A gold medallion must be fastened to it.
(c) It must be blessed by a temple priest.
(d) A layer of bricks and dirt must cover it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ming-feng goes to Cheuh-hui for help, how does he respond?
2. How many children does Mrs. Wang have?
3. What is Ming-feng's ultimate reaction to being given as a concubine?
4. How long will Jui-cheuh have to live outside the city?
5. Who walks off with Mei after her confrontation with Chueh-hui in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cheuh-hsin try to help Cheuh-min with his arranged marriage?
2. How does the family feel the night that fighting breaks out around the city?
3. What happens during Jui-cheuh's childbirth?
4. What is Cheuh-min's response to his arranged marriage?
5. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Ming-feng's death and what is his response?
6. How does Jui-cheuh seem to respond to Mei initially?
7. Describe the boat ride the cousins are on in Chapter 19.
8. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Jui-cheuh's move and what is his response?
9. Why is Chien-erh burning paper money?
10. What do Cheuh-hsin and Mei talk about while in the garden at the Kao compound?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)