|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Cheuh-hui goes to see after he visits his ill grandfather?
(c) Madame Chou.
2. Why is it that Cheuh-hsin cannot go outside to visit his wife for a few days?
(a) Because the women think he may be in danger.
(b) Because he is needed at the magazine office.
(c) Because he does not like having to travel outside the city.
(d) Because he has to supervise the building of Kao's gravesite.
3. What does Cheuh-hsin tell Mei when he sees her in the garden?
(a) He feels she is being cruel toward him.
(b) He is glad she is so happy.
(c) He needs her to stay with him forever.
(d) He wishes she never returned to the city.
4. How does Cheuh-hui respond when he hears that Wan-erh is going to the Fengs as a concubine?
(c) Sorry for her.
5. Who is Cheuh-min to be married to?
(a) Feng's daughter.
(b) Fu's neice.
(c) Chou's grand-daughter.
(d) Zheng's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chin tell Cheuh-hui she is determined about?
2. How does Cheuh-hui get the others to turn the boat around and head back home?
3. Which of the following does not occur at Master Kao's birthday celebration?
4. Why is Cheuh-hui sick of the aristocratic life?
5. What does Master Kao tell Cheuh-min right before his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do two policemen come to Cheuh-hui's magazine office?
2. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Jui-cheuh's move and what is his response?
3. What is the general response to the death of Master Kao?
4. What happens when news of the looting comes to the Kao compound?
5. How does the family feel the night that fighting breaks out around the city?
6. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Ming-feng's death and what is his response?
7. Describe the boat ride the cousins are on in Chapter 19.
8. What is Cheuh-min's response to his arranged marriage?
9. What does Ming-feng do when she hears that she is to be Master Feng's concubine?
10. What is the entertainment like at Master Kao's birthday and how to the two youngest brothers feel about it?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)