|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Cheuh-hui of Ming-feng's death?
2. How does Cheuh-hui feel about himself in Chapter 26?
(a) He feels sorry for himself.
(b) He is proud of himself.
(c) He hates himself.
(d) He is confident in himself.
3. Who walks off with Mei after her confrontation with Chueh-hui in the garden?
(a) Yeh yeh.
4. Who is the first person Cheuh-hui goes to see after he visits his ill grandfather?
(b) Madame Chou.
5. Why do Mrs. Chang, Chin, and Mei come to the Kao compound the day after the fighting starts?
(a) Because they feel safer with the men.
(b) Because the military has taken over their home.
(c) Because Master Kao has invited them.
(d) Because their house is too close to the fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not occur at Master Kao's birthday celebration?
2. How does Cheuh-hui respond when he hears that Wan-erh is going to the Fengs as a concubine?
3. How does Master Kao respond to Cheuh-hsin's request to call off his youngest brother's arranged marriage?
4. How does Cheuh-hui get the others to turn the boat around and head back home?
5. What is the name of the magazine that Cheuh-hui and some of his friends start to publish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family feel the night that fighting breaks out around the city?
2. What is the general response to the death of Master Kao?
3. What do Cheuh-hsin and Mei talk about while in the garden at the Kao compound?
4. How does Cheuh-hsin try to help Cheuh-min with his arranged marriage?
5. What is Cheuh-min's response to his arranged marriage?
6. What are Master Kao's last dying words to his grandsons?
7. Because of their fear of the curse, what to the women pressure Cheuh-hsin to do and how does his wife feel about this?
8. Why is Chien-erh burning paper money?
9. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Jui-cheuh's move and what is his response?
10. Why are the women scared of the curse of the blood-glow?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)