|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Ming-Feng that she is to become Master Feng's concubine?
(a) Madame Chou.
(c) Mrs. Chang.
(d) Master Kao.
2. Why is Chin so upset in Chapter 22?
(a) She is scared to be alone.
(b) She is upset that she is not as strong as she is trying to be.
(c) She is sad that her home was taken over.
(d) She hates war.
3. Who is the first person Cheuh-hui goes to see after he visits his ill grandfather?
(d) Madame Chou.
4. Which phrase best describes Mei's funeral?
(a) Large and grand.
(b) Small and pointless.
(c) Small but emotional.
(d) A big production.
5. Which family member stumbles upon Mei and Cheuh-hsin in the garden?
(b) Madam Chang.
(c) Uncle Ke-ting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to be the most distraught by the military fighting that is happening?
2. What does Chin give to Cheuh-hui to take to Cheuh-min?
3. Why is Cheuh-hui sick of the aristocratic life?
4. How many children does Mrs. Wang have?
5. What is the name of the magazine that Cheuh-hui and some of his friends start to publish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do two policemen come to Cheuh-hui's magazine office?
2. What do Cheuh-hsin and Mei talk about while in the garden at the Kao compound?
3. What happens when news of the looting comes to the Kao compound?
4. Because of their fear of the curse, what to the women pressure Cheuh-hsin to do and how does his wife feel about this?
5. How does the family feel the night that fighting breaks out around the city?
6. What does Jui-cheuh share with Mei in Chapter 22?
7. What are Master Kao's last dying words to his grandsons?
8. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Jui-cheuh's move and what is his response?
9. What is Cheuh-min's response to his arranged marriage?
10. How does Jui-cheuh seem to respond to Mei initially?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)