|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ming-feng's ultimate reaction to being given as a concubine?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She elopes with another man.
(d) She becomes a servant in someone else's household instead.
2. Who is the one person who knows where Cheuh-min is hiding?
(c) Cheuh-hsin's wife.
3. What is the name of Cheuh-hui's new magazine in Chapter 27?
(b) For the Masses.
(c) Liberty for all.
(d) Down with the aristocracy.
4. How does Cheuh-hui get the others to turn the boat around and head back home?
(a) By convincing them that a storm is coming.
(b) By telling them there are sweet dumplings at home.
(c) By telling them that he does not feel well.
(d) By acting grumpy until they turn around.
5. What happens during the birth of Jui-cheuh's second child?
(a) She must have a C-section.
(b) She dies during the birth.
(c) Jui-cheuh discovers she is having twins.
(d) The baby dies before it can be born.
Short Answer Questions
1. What items has Ke-ting been stealing from his wife?
2. How does Cheuh-hui respond when he hears that Wan-erh is going to the Fengs as a concubine?
3. How does Cheuh-min's running make Cheuh-hsin feel?
4. How old is the Venerable Master Kao going to be in Chapter 28?
5. Where is Master Kao during all the fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chien-erh burning paper money?
2. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Jui-cheuh's move and what is his response?
3. How does Cheuh-hui feel about his life after Ming-feng's death?
4. What do the superstitious family members do to try and rid Master Kao of his illness?
5. What is the general response to the death of Master Kao?
6. How does Master Kao respond to Ke-ting's misdeeds?
7. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Ming-feng's death and what is his response?
8. What do Cheuh-hsin and Mei talk about while in the garden at the Kao compound?
9. What does Jui-cheuh share with Mei in Chapter 22?
10. What are Master Kao's last dying words to his grandsons?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)