|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cheuh-hui feel about himself in Chapter 26?
(a) He is confident in himself.
(b) He hates himself.
(c) He is proud of himself.
(d) He feels sorry for himself.
2. How old is the Venerable Master Kao going to be in Chapter 28?
3. Why do Mrs. Chang, Chin, and Mei come to the Kao compound the day after the fighting starts?
(a) Because their house is too close to the fighting.
(b) Because the military has taken over their home.
(c) Because Master Kao has invited them.
(d) Because they feel safer with the men.
4. How does Jui-cheuh feel when her husband and son leave her home in chapter 36?
(a) Sad but comforted that she will see them soon.
(b) As though she will never see them again.
(c) Upset and frustrated with her husband.
(d) Happy because she needs to rest.
5. What is Ming-feng's ultimate reaction to being given as a concubine?
(a) She becomes a servant in someone else's household instead.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She elopes with another man.
(d) She commits suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Cheuh-hui of Ming-feng's death?
2. How do Cheuh-hui and Cheuh-min feel about the many lewd entertainments at the birthday celebration?
3. What are the remaining people at the Kao compound fearful of as the fighting ceases?
4. What is the name of Cheuh-hui's new magazine in Chapter 27?
5. Who beings arguing over the property soon after Master Kao passes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Cheuh-hsin and Mei talk about while in the garden at the Kao compound?
2. How does Master Kao respond to Ke-ting's misdeeds?
3. Why is Chin so upset in Chapter 22?
4. What is the general response to the death of Master Kao?
5. How does Cheuh-hsin try to help Cheuh-min with his arranged marriage?
6. What are Master Kao's last dying words to his grandsons?
7. What happens when news of the looting comes to the Kao compound?
8. What role does Cheuh-hui play in Cheuh-min's hiding?
9. What does Jui-cheuh share with Mei in Chapter 22?
10. How does the family feel the night that fighting breaks out around the city?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)