|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cheuh-hui get the others to turn the boat around and head back home?
(a) By telling them that he does not feel well.
(b) By acting grumpy until they turn around.
(c) By convincing them that a storm is coming.
(d) By telling them there are sweet dumplings at home.
2. How long will Jui-cheuh have to live outside the city?
(a) A month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
3. Who seems to be the most distraught by the military fighting that is happening?
(b) Madam Chang.
4. Who tells Ming-Feng that she is to become Master Feng's concubine?
(a) Mrs. Chang.
(c) Madame Chou.
(d) Master Kao.
5. Why is Chien-erh burning money for Wan-erh?
(a) Because Wan-erh has died.
(b) Because Wan-erh's life is worse than death.
(c) In order to curse Wan-erh.
(d) In hopes that the gods will free Wan-erh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must be done to Master Kao's coffin to keep him safe from curses?
2. Which phrase best describes Mei's funeral?
3. Why do two policemen come to Cheuh-hui's magazine office?
4. What does a writer from Peking try to convince Chinese youths to do?
5. Who is the first person Cheuh-hui goes to see after he visits his ill grandfather?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)