|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Cheuh-hui goes to see after he visits his ill grandfather?
(a) Madame Chou.
2. What does Cheuh-hui hear when he arrives to the compound after school in Chapter 25?
3. Why do two policemen come to Cheuh-hui's magazine office?
(a) To write Cheuh-hui a ticket.
(b) To pick up a copy of the publication.
(c) To ask them to shut down the magazine.
(d) To arrest Hui-ju.
4. Besides stealing, what else does Uncle Ke-ting confess to?
(a) Being addicted to drugs.
(b) Having children out of wedlock.
(c) Killing a man.
(d) Stealing from Master Kao.
5. In Chapter 23, who sees one of Cheuh-hui's articles?
(a) Mrs. Chang.
(b) Uncle Ke-ming.
(c) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member stumbles upon Mei and Cheuh-hsin in the garden?
2. Why has Uncle Ke-ting been stealing from his wife?
3. How is Cheuh-min's mindset in Chapter 31?
4. How does Jui-cheuh feel when her husband and son leave her home in chapter 36?
5. What reason does Cheuh-hsin give for not wanting his wife to go to pay Mei her respect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ming-feng do when she hears that she is to be Master Feng's concubine?
2. Why are the women scared of the curse of the blood-glow?
3. What role does Cheuh-hui play in Cheuh-min's hiding?
4. Describe the boat ride the cousins are on in Chapter 19.
5. What is the general response to the death of Master Kao?
6. How does Cheuh-hui feel about his life after Ming-feng's death?
7. How does the family feel the night that fighting breaks out around the city?
8. Why is Chin so upset in Chapter 22?
9. Because of their fear of the curse, what to the women pressure Cheuh-hsin to do and how does his wife feel about this?
10. Why do two policemen come to Cheuh-hui's magazine office?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)