|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jui-cheuh have to go live outside the city gates until her child is born?
(a) Because it is tradition.
(b) Because she is in danger.
(c) Because the fears of the Kao women.
(d) Because of the fighting inside the city.
2. Which phrase best describes Mei's funeral?
(a) Small and pointless.
(b) Large and grand.
(c) A big production.
(d) Small but emotional.
3. What is the state of the house Jui-cheuh must live in outside the city?
(a) Damp with a dirt floor.
(b) Grand and well stocked.
(c) Small but cozy.
(d) Warm and comfortable.
4. Who walks off with Mei after her confrontation with Chueh-hui in the garden?
(b) Yeh yeh.
5. What does Cheuh-min say he has been so wrapped up in that he has not had time to talk with Cheuh-hui about his feelings?
(a) The ideas of the revolution.
(b) Family obligations.
(c) School work.
(d) His love for Chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides stealing, what else does Uncle Ke-ting confess to?
2. Who beings arguing over the property soon after Master Kao passes?
3. What advice does Cheuh-hsin give to his youngest brother about his arranged marriage?
4. What reason does Cheuh-hsin give for not wanting his wife to go to pay Mei her respect?
5. What punishment does Master Kao make Ke-ting do in front of everyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chien-erh burning paper money?
2. What happens during Jui-cheuh's childbirth?
3. How does Master Kao respond to Ke-ting's misdeeds?
4. What are Master Kao's last dying words to his grandsons?
5. Because of their fear of the curse, what to the women pressure Cheuh-hsin to do and how does his wife feel about this?
6. What happens when news of the looting comes to the Kao compound?
7. How does the family feel the night that fighting breaks out around the city?
8. What does Jui-cheuh share with Mei in Chapter 22?
9. Why are the women scared of the curse of the blood-glow?
10. Why do two policemen come to Cheuh-hui's magazine office?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)