|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone seem to be thinking about as they hear the fighting outside the Kao compound?
(a) They think about how to escape the city without notice.
(b) They think about how much they love each other.
(c) They think about the governor.
(d) They think about dying.
2. What is the name of the literary character the Chin is trying to be like?
3. What happens during the birth of Jui-cheuh's second child?
(a) She must have a C-section.
(b) Jui-cheuh discovers she is having twins.
(c) The baby dies before it can be born.
(d) She dies during the birth.
4. Why is Chien-erh burning money for Wan-erh?
(a) In order to curse Wan-erh.
(b) Because Wan-erh's life is worse than death.
(c) In hopes that the gods will free Wan-erh.
(d) Because Wan-erh has died.
5. How long will Jui-cheuh have to live outside the city?
(a) A month.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Master Kao during all the fighting?
2. What do the women think will happen to Master Kao's corpse if Jui-cheuh has her baby in their home?
3. What are the remaining people at the Kao compound fearful of as the fighting ceases?
4. What does Chin tell Cheuh-hui she is determined about?
5. Why do Mrs. Chang, Chin, and Mei come to the Kao compound the day after the fighting starts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general response to the death of Master Kao?
2. What does Jui-cheuh share with Mei in Chapter 22?
3. What happens when news of the looting comes to the Kao compound?
4. Why are the women scared of the curse of the blood-glow?
5. How does Jui-cheuh seem to respond to Mei initially?
6. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Ming-feng's death and what is his response?
7. How does Master Kao respond to Ke-ting's misdeeds?
8. How does the family feel the night that fighting breaks out around the city?
9. What does Ming-feng do when she hears that she is to be Master Feng's concubine?
10. What happens during Jui-cheuh's childbirth?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)