|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cheuh-min say he has been so wrapped up in that he has not had time to talk with Cheuh-hui about his feelings?
(a) His love for Chin.
(b) School work.
(c) The ideas of the revolution.
(d) Family obligations.
2. When does Cheuh-hui learn of Ming-feng's death?
(a) The same day it occurs.
(b) Late the day after it happens.
(c) Two days after it happens.
(d) The morning after it happens.
3. What advice does Cheuh-hsin give to his youngest brother about his arranged marriage?
(a) To be positive and he will eventually fall in love.
(b) To refuse.
(c) To run away.
(d) To just accept it.
4. What does Cheuh-hui say to Mei's body as he leaves from paying his respect?
(a) Life has not been fair to you.
(b) You didn't die; you've been murdered.
(c) You were too good a woman.
(d) My brother has always loved you.
5. When Ming-feng goes to Cheuh-hui for help, how does he respond?
(a) He convinces her to fun away.
(b) He sends her to be a servant for Mrs. Wang.
(c) He tells her he will marry her instead.
(d) He tells her he is busy and to come talk to him in two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cheuh-min's running make Cheuh-hsin feel?
2. How does Jui-cheuh feel when her husband and son leave her home in chapter 36?
3. Why is it that Cheuh-hsin cannot go outside to visit his wife for a few days?
4. Why does Jui-cheuh have to go live outside the city gates until her child is born?
5. Who sees wounded soldiers being carried into the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cheuh-hui feel about his life after Ming-feng's death?
2. Why are the women scared of the curse of the blood-glow?
3. What is Cheuh-min's response to his arranged marriage?
4. What does Ming-feng do when she hears that she is to be Master Feng's concubine?
5. What role does Cheuh-hui play in Cheuh-min's hiding?
6. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Ming-feng's death and what is his response?
7. Why do two policemen come to Cheuh-hui's magazine office?
8. Because of their fear of the curse, what to the women pressure Cheuh-hsin to do and how does his wife feel about this?
9. How does Master Kao respond to Ke-ting's misdeeds?
10. What is the general response to the death of Master Kao?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)