|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cheuh-hui respond when he hears that Wan-erh is going to the Fengs as a concubine?
(b) Sorry for her.
2. How do Cheuh-hui and Cheuh-min feel about the many lewd entertainments at the birthday celebration?
(a) They enjoy them.
(b) They don't really care either way.
(c) They think they are funny.
(d) They are disgusted by them.
3. Who is the one person who knows where Cheuh-min is hiding?
(a) Cheuh-hsin's wife.
4. What is Ming-feng's ultimate reaction to being given as a concubine?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She becomes a servant in someone else's household instead.
(c) She elopes with another man.
(d) She runs away.
5. When does Cheuh-hui learn of Ming-feng's death?
(a) Two days after it happens.
(b) Late the day after it happens.
(c) The morning after it happens.
(d) The same day it occurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Cheuh-min's mindset in Chapter 31?
2. Why is Chien-erh burning money for Wan-erh?
3. Who walks off with Mei after her confrontation with Chueh-hui in the garden?
4. What happens during the birth of Jui-cheuh's second child?
5. Which of the following does not occur at Master Kao's birthday celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Jui-cheuh's move and what is his response?
2. What happens during Jui-cheuh's childbirth?
3. How does Jui-cheuh seem to respond to Mei initially?
4. What is Cheuh-min's response to his arranged marriage?
5. Because of their fear of the curse, what to the women pressure Cheuh-hsin to do and how does his wife feel about this?
6. What happens when news of the looting comes to the Kao compound?
7. How does Cheuh-hui feel about his life after Ming-feng's death?
8. What is the general response to the death of Master Kao?
9. What do the superstitious family members do to try and rid Master Kao of his illness?
10. How does Master Kao respond to Ke-ting's misdeeds?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)