|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jui-cheuh have to go live outside the city gates until her child is born?
(a) Because of the fighting inside the city.
(b) Because she is in danger.
(c) Because it is tradition.
(d) Because the fears of the Kao women.
2. What punishment does Master Kao make Ke-ting do in front of everyone?
(a) Cut off his hair.
(b) Cut off his beard.
(c) Hit himself.
(d) Curse himself.
3. Who is the one person who knows where Cheuh-min is hiding?
(d) Cheuh-hsin's wife.
4. In Chapter 23, who sees one of Cheuh-hui's articles?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) Uncle Ke-ming.
(d) Mrs. Chang.
5. How do Cheuh-hui and Cheuh-min feel about the many lewd entertainments at the birthday celebration?
(a) They enjoy them.
(b) They don't really care either way.
(c) They think they are funny.
(d) They are disgusted by them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Mei's disposition changed in Chapter 20 since the brothers have last seen her?
2. Why is Chin so upset in Chapter 22?
3. Upon hearing of the looting in the city, what orders does Cheuh-hsin give to his younger brothers?
4. What is the state of the house Jui-cheuh must live in outside the city?
5. Who else is Chien-erh burning money for?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)