|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jui-cheuh respond when she hears of Mei's death?
(a) She is silent and sad.
(b) She does not really care.
(c) She cries and is upset.
(d) She is happy.
2. Where is Master Kao during all the fighting?
(a) Visiting relatives.
(b) Fighting for the general.
(c) At Mrs. Chang's.
(d) At the Kao compound.
3. Who sees wounded soldiers being carried into the city?
4. Why has Uncle Ke-ting been stealing from his wife?
(a) To cover his drinking costs.
(b) To keep a concubine in the city.
(c) To pay off gambling debt.
(d) To try and leave her.
5. What is Ming-feng's ultimate reaction to being given as a concubine?
(a) She becomes a servant in someone else's household instead.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She elopes with another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jui-cheuh have to go live outside the city gates until her child is born?
2. Why do they not let Cheuh-hsin into the room when Jui-cheuh is giving birth?
3. What is the subject of discussion for Chin and Shu-chen while they are taking a boat ride?
4. What does Chin tell Cheuh-hui she is determined about?
5. What happens during the birth of Jui-cheuh's second child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jui-cheuh seem to respond to Mei initially?
2. Why is Chien-erh burning paper money?
3. How does Master Kao respond to Ke-ting's misdeeds?
4. How does Cheuh-hui feel about his life after Ming-feng's death?
5. What is Cheuh-min's response to his arranged marriage?
6. What happens when news of the looting comes to the Kao compound?
7. What are Master Kao's last dying words to his grandsons?
8. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Jui-cheuh's move and what is his response?
9. What happens during Jui-cheuh's childbirth?
10. What role does Cheuh-hui play in Cheuh-min's hiding?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)