|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they not let Cheuh-hsin into the room when Jui-cheuh is giving birth?
(a) Because it is against tradition for men to be in the birthing room.
(b) Because it would make Venerable Master Kao susceptible to the curse.
(c) Because they fear that Cheuh-hsin may not be able to handle it.
(d) Because the room is not big enough.
2. Why has Uncle Ke-ting been stealing from his wife?
(a) To try and leave her.
(b) To cover his drinking costs.
(c) To keep a concubine in the city.
(d) To pay off gambling debt.
3. Upon hearing of the looting in the city, what orders does Cheuh-hsin give to his younger brothers?
(a) To fortify the compounds gates.
(b) To hide with the women in the lake house.
(c) To stand guard over the compound at night.
(d) To sneak out and purchase more food.
4. When does Cheuh-hui learn of Ming-feng's death?
(a) Late the day after it happens.
(b) The same day it occurs.
(c) The morning after it happens.
(d) Two days after it happens.
5. How does Jui-cheuh respond when she hears of Mei's death?
(a) She is silent and sad.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She cries and is upset.
(d) She does not really care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheuh-min say he has been so wrapped up in that he has not had time to talk with Cheuh-hui about his feelings?
2. What advice does Cheuh-hsin give to his youngest brother about his arranged marriage?
3. What does Cheuh-hui hear when he arrives to the compound after school in Chapter 25?
4. When Ming-feng goes to Cheuh-hui for help, how does he respond?
5. What reason does Cheuh-hsin give for not wanting his wife to go to pay Mei her respect?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)