|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Mrs. Wang have?
2. Who has the governor ordered a campaign against in Chapter 19?
(a) General Chang.
(b) The Red Army.
(c) Lieutenant Chou.
(d) The students.
3. How does Jui-cheuh feel when her husband and son leave her home in chapter 36?
(a) Upset and frustrated with her husband.
(b) As though she will never see them again.
(c) Sad but comforted that she will see them soon.
(d) Happy because she needs to rest.
4. What are the remaining people at the Kao compound fearful of as the fighting ceases?
(a) Their water rations.
(b) Their food rations.
5. Why is Chien-erh burning money for Wan-erh?
(a) Because Wan-erh has died.
(b) Because Wan-erh's life is worse than death.
(c) In order to curse Wan-erh.
(d) In hopes that the gods will free Wan-erh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jui-cheuh feel about being made to live outside the city in her state?
2. What does Chin give to Cheuh-hui to take to Cheuh-min?
3. What curse are the Kao women afraid of?
4. Why has Uncle Ke-ting been stealing from his wife?
5. What happens during the birth of Jui-cheuh's second child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Ming-feng's death and what is his response?
2. Why are the women scared of the curse of the blood-glow?
3. What role does Cheuh-hui play in Cheuh-min's hiding?
4. What do Cheuh-hsin and Mei talk about while in the garden at the Kao compound?
5. How does Jui-cheuh seem to respond to Mei initially?
6. What is the general response to the death of Master Kao?
7. How does the family feel the night that fighting breaks out around the city?
8. How does Master Kao respond to Ke-ting's misdeeds?
9. What happens during Jui-cheuh's childbirth?
10. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Jui-cheuh's move and what is his response?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)