|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Chueh-hui been feeling during the New Years holiday?
2. In Chapter 16, what does Cheuh-hui do that makes Ming-feng feel safe?
(a) He holds her hand.
(b) He writes her a love poem.
(c) He sings her a song.
(d) He stands outside her room.
3. What is Ming-Feng gathering for Madame Chou and Mrs. Chang?
(a) Plum blossoms.
(c) Silk worms.
4. In Chapter 14, where does Cheuh-hsin tell his brothers he has seen Mei?
(a) At a silk shop.
(b) At a department store.
(c) In the city square.
(d) At a restaurant.
5. Who is Mei?
(a) Chueh-hsin's cousin.
(b) The boy's aunt.
(c) Chueh-min's girlfriend.
(d) The woman Chueh-hsin is arranged to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what family is Chueh-hsin's wife?
2. Who seems to become nervous and quiet around Chin?
3. What comfort does Chueh-hsin find in his wife?
4. In Chapter 11, how does Chueh-hui vent his frustrations?
5. What is the weather like in the opening setting of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the students respond when the governor does not keep his promise to meet their demands?
2. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
3. What does Yeh yeh lecture Chueh-hui about in Chapter 9?
4. What is Chueh-hui and Ming-feng's interaction like in Chapter 10?
5. How does Cheuh-hui try to spend time with Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
6. What is Cheuh-hui's reaction to the dragon show?
7. How is Mei when her cousins first see her in Chapter 15?
8. Please describe Chin.
9. What is life like on the compound in Chapter 17 when Chin comes to stay?
10. What is the occurrence with Chueh-hui and the begger boy?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)