|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who promises to keep an eye on Cheuh-hui to make sure he does not leave the house for a few days?
(a) Mrs. Chang.
(b) Master Kao.
2. How has Chueh-hui been feeling during the New Years holiday?
3. Why are the boys hurrying home to dinner at the beginning of the book?
(a) Because they are late.
(b) Because they have guests visitig.
(c) Because it is a holiday.
(d) Because they are hungry.
4. The boys walk home from school instead of riding in what?
(a) A gig.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A sedan chair.
5. What exam does Chueh-min help Chin study for?
(a) Her English entrance exam.
(b) Her etiquette exam.
(c) Her science final.
(d) Her math exam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chin and Cheuh-min think of the boys shooting fireworks at the dancers?
2. At the beginning of the book, why does Cheuh-hui stay to talk to the servant girl?
3. What item does Mrs. Chang want Chueh-hsin to purchase for her?
4. How does Ming-Feng respond when Chueh-hui says he wants to protect her?
5. In Chapter 16, what does Cheuh-hui do that makes Ming-feng feel safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cheuh-hsin hiding on New Year's Day?
2. Why does Chueh-hui feel critical about his brothers in Chapter 12?
3. What does Chueh-hsin share with his brothers about the night their father died?
4. What is on Ming-feng's mind in Chapter 4?
5. What does Yeh yeh lecture Chueh-hui about in Chapter 9?
6. How does Cheuh-hui try to spend time with Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
7. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
8. What is the occurrence with Chueh-hui and the begger boy?
9. What does Chueh-hsin feel has happened to all his dreams in Chapter 6?
10. What is a common theme seen in Chapters 4 through 6?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)