|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the younger brothers like "New Tide" so much?
(a) It talks about revolutionary topics.
(b) It has nice photographs.
(c) It shows pictures of pretty women.
(d) They like the poetry section.
2. What is one way the students launch their campaign?
(b) Printing and distributing leaflets.
(c) Participating in sit-ins.
(d) Bombing public sites.
3. What is Jui-cheuh trying to do by inviting Chueh-hui to play chess with her?
(a) Tell him a secret.
(b) Teach him how to be a better chess player.
(c) Cheer him up.
(d) Ask him about Ming-Feng.
4. Why is Cheuh-hsin hiding behind a shelter at the other end of the Kao compound?
(a) He is thinking.
(b) He is not feeling well and did not want to worry them.
(c) He is playing hide and seek with his son.
(d) He is hiding from his responsibilities.
5. Besides the boys' cousin, what other relatives are at dinner during the first three chapters of the story?
(a) The boys grandparents.
(b) Two aunts.
(c) Two uncles.
(d) Their great-grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cheuh-hsin feel bad about thinking of Mei so much since he has last seen her?
2. How old is Chueh-hsin when he finds out his father has arranged his marriage?
3. Who promises to keep an eye on Cheuh-hui to make sure he does not leave the house for a few days?
4. Why do the two brothers head over to Chin's house after they pay their respects to the gods?
5. What is Wan-erh afraid of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mama Huang described?
2. What secret does Chin share with her cousins about Chueh-hsin and Mei?
3. Why does Chueh-hui join students at the park after hearing what the soldiers have done?
4. Please describe Chin.
5. What do Chueh-hui and Jui-cheuh talk about in the garden?
6. What is Cheuh-hui's reaction to the dragon show?
7. What does Chueh-hsin share with his brothers about the night their father died?
8. What does Yeh yeh lecture Chueh-hui about in Chapter 9?
9. What news does a classmate tell Chueh-hui as he is leaving his brother's office?
10. What news does Chin share about Mei in Chapter 7?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)