|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chueh-hui frustrated with his brothers?
(a) They are not concerned with his concerns.
(b) They are living contradictory lives.
(c) They do not approve of his love for Ming-Feng.
(d) They agree that he should not be so liberal.
2. Which of the brothers seems most involved in the ideas of the revolution?
3. Which word does not adequately describe Chueh-hsin?
4. What is Chueh-hsin's hope for his son?
(a) That he will refuse to follow traditions.
(b) That will carry out Chueh-hsin's thwarted dreams.
(c) That he will love his wife as Chueh-hsin does.
(d) That he will enter the army.
5. Who is Mei?
(a) Chueh-hsin's cousin.
(b) The boy's aunt.
(c) Chueh-min's girlfriend.
(d) The woman Chueh-hsin is arranged to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chueh-hui see his servants?
2. In Chapter 14, where does Cheuh-hsin tell his brothers he has seen Mei?
3. Who helps with making the fireworks?
4. What is the weather like in the opening setting of the story?
5. What is the name of the author of the book that Chueh-hui is reading in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chueh-hui feel critical about his brothers in Chapter 12?
2. What is a common theme seen in Chapters 4 through 6?
3. How does Chueh-hui think of Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
4. What do Chueh-hui and Jui-cheuh talk about in the garden?
5. How do the students respond when the governor does not keep his promise to meet their demands?
6. How does Chueh-hui vent his frustrations while under his house arrest?
7. What does Chin think about going to the boys school?
8. How does Chueh-hui spend his house arrest?
9. From what is shared in the first three chapters, how is the brothers' family best described?
10. How is Mei when her cousins first see her in Chapter 15?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)