|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chueh-hui do with the book his grandfather gives him?
(a) He reads it.
(b) He gives it to Chueh-hsin.
(c) He tears it up.
(d) He burns it.
2. Why does Chin think she will not be able to go to the boys' school?
(a) Because she is not smart enough.
(b) Because she does not have enough money.
(c) Because she is a girl, and girls are not allowed at the school.
(d) Because her family will never let her.
3. What is the name of the author of the book that Chueh-hui is reading in Chapter 12?
4. How does Chueh-hui see his servants?
(a) As people with problems of their own.
(b) A pieces of property.
(c) A nice people who have nothing to worry about.
(d) A lesser human beings.
5. Who promises to keep an eye on Cheuh-hui to make sure he does not leave the house for a few days?
(a) Mrs. Chang.
(b) Master Kao.
Short Answer Questions
1. What days does Chueh-hsin get off from work?
2. Who does Chueh-hui overhear speaking with a maid in Chapter 10?
3. Where are the brothers walking home from at the opening of the book?
4. What is the second line to this proverb: "benevolent rulers, happy family..."?
5. How does Cheuh-hui feel about the boys shooting fireworks at the dancers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cheuh-hui feel about leaving and where is he going?
2. What does Chueh-hsin feel has happened to all his dreams in Chapter 6?
3. Why do two policemen come to Cheuh-hui's magazine office?
4. What is Chueh-hui and Ming-feng's interaction like in Chapter 10?
5. How does Master Kao respond to Ke-ting's misdeeds?
6. What does Ming-feng do when she hears that she is to be Master Feng's concubine?
7. What happens when news of the looting comes to the Kao compound?
8. How does Mrs. Chang feel about Chin wanting to go to a boys' school?
9. What do the superstitious family members do to try and rid Master Kao of his illness?
10. What is Cheuh-min's response to his arranged marriage?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)