|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, where does Cheuh-hsin tell his brothers he has seen Mei?
(a) At a department store.
(b) At a silk shop.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) In the city square.
2. In Chapter 16, what does Cheuh-hui do that makes Ming-feng feel safe?
(a) He stands outside her room.
(b) He holds her hand.
(c) He writes her a love poem.
(d) He sings her a song.
3. Who tutors some of Chin's relatives?
4. What is it that Master Kao does for the gods?
(d) Sacrifices spices.
5. What is the second line to this proverb: "benevolent rulers, happy family..."?
(a) Long life, good harvests.
(b) Happy family, happy home.
(c) Weak rulers, bad children.
(d) Many years, many grandchildren.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chueh-hui see his servants?
2. How old is Chueh-hsin when he finds out his father has arranged his marriage?
3. How does Chueh-hui feel about his act of giving money to a begger?
4. Why does Chin think she will not be able to go to the boys' school?
5. What is Jui-cheuh trying to do by inviting Chueh-hui to play chess with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is on Ming-feng's mind in Chapter 4?
2. What happens when news of the looting comes to the Kao compound?
3. Please describe Chin and her mother's relationship.
4. Who else knows of Cheuh-hui's leaving?
5. How does Cheuh-hsin respond to Cheuh-hui's decision in Chapter 37?
6. What does Jui-cheuh share with Mei in Chapter 22?
7. How is Mama Huang described?
8. What do Cheuh-hsin and Mei talk about while in the garden at the Kao compound?
9. How does Uncle Ke-ting prepare for the fireworks show?
10. What is the entertainment like at Master Kao's birthday and how to the two youngest brothers feel about it?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)