|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ming-Feng get in trouble with the women?
(a) Because she has been detained by Chueh-hui.
(b) Because she is daydreaming instead of listening to them.
(c) Because she is not smiling as she should.
(d) Because she has spilt tea on an honored guest.
2. What is Cousin Mei's disposition when the two younger brother see her at Chin's house?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is calm.
(c) She is melancholy.
(d) She is happy.
3. How long has Ming-Feng been a servant?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Twenty-four months.
4. Why does Cheuh-hsin feel bad about thinking of Mei so much since he has last seen her?
(a) Because he thinks this would displease his father.
(b) Because he really does not like Mei.
(c) Because he loves his wife and son so much.
(d) Because he knows she does not love him.
5. How old is Chueh-hsin when he finds out his father has arranged his marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ming-Feng when she was sent to be a servant?
2. Who puts on the dragon show for the family?
3. What instrument is Chueh-hsin playing his sad song on?
4. What fear does Ming-Feng have?
5. Why does Chueh-hsin love plum blossoms so much?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mei when her cousins first see her in Chapter 15?
2. How is Mama Huang described?
3. How does Chueh-hui spend his house arrest?
4. What news does Chin share about Mei in Chapter 7?
5. How does Mrs. Chang feel about Chin wanting to go to a boys' school?
6. What is Cheuh-hui's reaction to the dragon show?
7. How does Chueh-hui think of Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
8. What is on Ming-feng's mind in Chapter 4?
9. What secret does Chin share with her cousins about Chueh-hsin and Mei?
10. What is Chueh-hui and Ming-feng's interaction like in Chapter 10?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)