|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Jui-cheuh say she is embroidering for her husband?
(a) A pillow with her family's name on it.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A runner for their canopy bed.
(d) A picture for their home.
2. Who ruined the student play in Chapter 7?
(a) Beggers trying to get money.
(c) Rowdy children from another school.
3. What decision does Chueh-hui make, despite the fact it may anger his grandfather?
(a) He decides to advocate revolutionary thinking.
(b) He decides to write his own liberal magazine.
(c) He decides to no longer stay at home.
(d) He decides to leave the city and set out on his own.
4. What is Wan-erh afraid of?
(a) Becoming a begger on the streets.
(b) Becoming a concubine.
(c) That she will end up like Ming-Feng.
(d) That Madame Chou does not like her.
5. Why is Chueh-hui frustrated with his brothers?
(a) They are not concerned with his concerns.
(b) They agree that he should not be so liberal.
(c) They do not approve of his love for Ming-Feng.
(d) They are living contradictory lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Chueh-hui been feeling during the New Years holiday?
2. What is one way the students launch their campaign?
3. How old is Chueh-min?
4. What is Jui-cheuh trying to do by inviting Chueh-hui to play chess with her?
5. Which of the brothers seems most involved in the ideas of the revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chueh-hui think of Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
2. What is life like on the compound in Chapter 17 when Chin comes to stay?
3. What is a common theme seen in Chapters 4 through 6?
4. What is the occurrence with Chueh-hui and the begger boy?
5. What is Chueh-hui and Ming-feng's interaction like in Chapter 10?
6. Why does Chueh-hui join students at the park after hearing what the soldiers have done?
7. What secret does Chin share with her cousins about Chueh-hsin and Mei?
8. What does Chueh-hsin share with his brothers about the night their father died?
9. How does Chueh-hsin feel about his arranged marriage and his new wife?
10. What does Yeh yeh lecture Chueh-hui about in Chapter 9?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)