|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tutors some of Chin's relatives?
2. When does Chin mention her attending the boys' school to her mother?
(a) While walking to the nearby temple.
(b) While riding home from dinner.
(c) While cleaning the kitchen.
(d) While helping her mother get ready for bed.
3. What holiday takes place in Chapter 11?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Spring Festival.
(c) Qing Ming.
(d) The Seveth Eve.
4. At the beginning of the book, why does Cheuh-hui stay to talk to the servant girl?
(a) He wants her to tell his parents he is ill.
(b) He thinks that she is beautiful.
(c) He wants her to do his homework.
(d) He needs her to go get something for him.
5. How does Chueh-hui see his servants?
(a) A pieces of property.
(b) As people with problems of their own.
(c) A lesser human beings.
(d) A nice people who have nothing to worry about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to symbolize aristocracy to Chueh-hui?
2. Why do the younger brothers like "New Tide" so much?
3. How old is Chueh-hsin when he finds out his father has arranged his marriage?
4. Who ruined the student play in Chapter 7?
5. What do Chin and Cheuh-min think of the boys shooting fireworks at the dancers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chueh-hui feel critical about his brothers in Chapter 12?
2. What is life like on the compound in Chapter 17 when Chin comes to stay?
3. Why does Chueh-hui join students at the park after hearing what the soldiers have done?
4. What does Chin think about going to the boys school?
5. What secret does Chin share with her cousins about Chueh-hsin and Mei?
6. Please describe Chin.
7. How does Chueh-hui spend his house arrest?
8. How does Chueh-hsin feel about his arranged marriage and his new wife?
9. How does Uncle Ke-ting prepare for the fireworks show?
10. What does Chueh-hsin share with his brothers about the night their father died?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)