|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much younger than Chueh-min is Chueh-hui?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten months.
(c) About 18 months.
(d) Two years.
2. How does Chueh-hui see his servants?
(a) As people with problems of their own.
(b) A pieces of property.
(c) A nice people who have nothing to worry about.
(d) A lesser human beings.
3. Who ruined the student play in Chapter 7?
(b) Rowdy children from another school.
(c) Beggers trying to get money.
4. When does Chin mention her attending the boys' school to her mother?
(a) While helping her mother get ready for bed.
(b) While walking to the nearby temple.
(c) While riding home from dinner.
(d) While cleaning the kitchen.
5. Which of the following is one thing that the brothers have in common?
(a) All are passionate about their education.
(b) Unrequited love.
(c) They are tall.
(d) They all dislike their grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the students petitioning in reaction to their play being ruined?
2. Why does the responsibility of his family fall onto Chueh-hsin's shoulders soon after his marriage?
3. From what family is Chueh-hsin's wife?
4. Why does Chin think she will not be able to go to the boys' school?
5. How does Chueh-hui feel about his act of giving money to a begger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chueh-hui overhear Ming-fung and Wan-erh talking about?
2. From what is shared in the first three chapters, how is the brothers' family best described?
3. What is Chueh-hui and Ming-feng's interaction like in Chapter 10?
4. What does Yeh yeh lecture Chueh-hui about in Chapter 9?
5. What do Chueh-hui and Jui-cheuh talk about in the garden?
6. What news does Chin share about Mei in Chapter 7?
7. What is the occurrence with Chueh-hui and the begger boy?
8. How do the students respond when the governor does not keep his promise to meet their demands?
9. How does Chueh-hui vent his frustrations while under his house arrest?
10. Please describe Chin and her mother's relationship.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)