|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Ming-Feng when she was sent to be a servant?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Seven years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Eight years old.
2. Why does Cheuh-hsin feel bad about thinking of Mei so much since he has last seen her?
(a) Because he really does not like Mei.
(b) Because he loves his wife and son so much.
(c) Because he thinks this would displease his father.
(d) Because he knows she does not love him.
3. How does Chueh-hui see his servants?
(a) A lesser human beings.
(b) A nice people who have nothing to worry about.
(c) As people with problems of their own.
(d) A pieces of property.
4. How old is Chueh-min?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Seventeen years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Nineteen years old.
5. What does Chueh-hui learn when playing chess with his sister-in-law?
(a) That she is a master chess player.
(b) That she is miserable at the Kao home.
(c) That she lost some things too when she married Chueh-hsin.
(d) That she is pregnant with her second child.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 15, when was the last time the boys saw their cousin Mei?
2. What does Chueh-hui do with the book his grandfather gives him?
3. What is one way the students launch their campaign?
4. Who is Mei?
5. Who lectures Cheuh-hui about his behavior in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Chin share about Mei in Chapter 7?
2. How does Mrs. Chang feel about Chin wanting to go to a boys' school?
3. Please describe Chin and her mother's relationship.
4. What does Yeh yeh lecture Chueh-hui about in Chapter 9?
5. How does Uncle Ke-ting prepare for the fireworks show?
6. How does Cheuh-hui try to spend time with Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
7. What secret does Chin share with her cousins about Chueh-hsin and Mei?
8. What does Chueh-hui overhear Ming-fung and Wan-erh talking about?
9. What is on Ming-feng's mind in Chapter 4?
10. How does Chueh-hui think of Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)