|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Wan-erh hold in the Kao household?
(a) She is a sister-in-law.
(b) She is a cousin.
(c) She is a concubine.
(d) She is a servant.
2. Why has Mei returned to Chengtu?
(a) Her mother is ill.
(b) Her husband has died.
(c) She missed home.
(d) Her husband got a new job.
3. How old is Ming-Feng?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Seventeen years old.
(c) Fourteen years old.
(d) Nineteen years old.
4. What decision does Chueh-hui make, despite the fact it may anger his grandfather?
(a) He decides to advocate revolutionary thinking.
(b) He decides to leave the city and set out on his own.
(c) He decides to no longer stay at home.
(d) He decides to write his own liberal magazine.
5. How has Chueh-hui been feeling during the New Years holiday?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has been Cheuh-hsin been drinking so much in Chapter 14?
2. What part of Ming-Feng does Chueh-hui compare with Chin?
3. How does Chin feel when her mother says she cannot attend the boys' school?
4. How does Chueh-hui see his servants?
5. Why is Chueh-hui frustrated with his brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chueh-hui join students at the park after hearing what the soldiers have done?
2. From what is shared in the first three chapters, how is the brothers' family best described?
3. What news does Chin share about Mei in Chapter 7?
4. How does Chueh-hsin feel about his arranged marriage and his new wife?
5. How does Uncle Ke-ting prepare for the fireworks show?
6. Please describe Chin.
7. What news does a classmate tell Chueh-hui as he is leaving his brother's office?
8. Why does Chueh-hui feel critical about his brothers in Chapter 12?
9. How does Chueh-hui think of Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
10. How is Mei when her cousins first see her in Chapter 15?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)