Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Master Kao's friend Feng looking for?
(a) A new maid.
(b) A new sedan driver.
(c) A tutor for his children.
(d) A concubine.
2. What decision does Chueh-hui make, despite the fact it may anger his grandfather?
(a) He decides to advocate revolutionary thinking.
(b) He decides to no longer stay at home.
(c) He decides to write his own liberal magazine.
(d) He decides to leave the city and set out on his own.
3. Who is Mei?
(a) The boy's aunt.
(b) Chueh-min's girlfriend.
(c) The woman Chueh-hsin is arranged to marry.
(d) Chueh-hsin's cousin.
4. From what family is Chueh-hsin's wife?
(a) The Li family.
(b) The Cheung family.
(c) The Wong family.
(d) The Fa family.
5. In Chapter 11, what does Jui-cheuh say she is embroidering for her husband?
(a) A pillow with her family's name on it.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A runner for their canopy bed.
(d) A picture for their home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What days does Chueh-hsin get off from work?
2. What is Ming-Feng gathering for Madame Chou and Mrs. Chang?
3. What is Cheuh-hsin's grandfather's name?
4. Who sent Ming-Feng off to be a servant?
5. What role does Chueh-hsin play in the fireworks display?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the occurrence with Chueh-hui and the begger boy?
2. How does Cheuh-hui feel about leaving and where is he going?
3. How does Cheuh-hui hear of Jui-cheuh's move and what is his response?
4. What do Chueh-hui and Jui-cheuh talk about in the garden?
5. What do Cheuh-hsin and Mei talk about while in the garden at the Kao compound?
6. Describe the boat ride the cousins are on in Chapter 19.
7. Because of their fear of the curse, what to the women pressure Cheuh-hsin to do and how does his wife feel about this?
8. Please describe Chin and her mother's relationship.
9. Who else knows of Cheuh-hui's leaving?
10. From what is shared in the first three chapters, how is the brothers' family best described?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)