|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ruined the student play in Chapter 7?
(c) Beggers trying to get money.
(d) Rowdy children from another school.
2. What is Ming-Feng gathering for Madame Chou and Mrs. Chang?
(a) Silk worms.
(d) Plum blossoms.
3. What holiday takes place in Chapter 11?
(a) Qing Ming.
(b) The Seveth Eve.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Spring Festival.
4. Why does Chueh-hsin love plum blossoms so much?
(a) Because his mother used to pick them for him.
(b) Because they remind him of the spring.
(c) Because of their scent.
(d) Because Mei's name means "plum blossom."
5. Who do the cousins agree not to tell of Mei's return to town?
(b) Master Kao.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the author of the book that Chueh-hui is reading in Chapter 12?
2. Besides the boys' cousin, what other relatives are at dinner during the first three chapters of the story?
3. Why is Cheuh-hsin hiding behind a shelter at the other end of the Kao compound?
4. What is Wan-erh afraid of?
5. In Chapter 11, how does Chueh-hui vent his frustrations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cheuh-hsin hiding on New Year's Day?
2. What does Chueh-hui overhear Ming-fung and Wan-erh talking about?
3. How does Chueh-hui vent his frustrations while under his house arrest?
4. How do the students respond when the governor does not keep his promise to meet their demands?
5. What is the occurrence with Chueh-hui and the begger boy?
6. What secret does Chin share with her cousins about Chueh-hsin and Mei?
7. How does Cheuh-hui try to spend time with Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
8. How does Mrs. Chang feel about Chin wanting to go to a boys' school?
9. What is life like on the compound in Chapter 17 when Chin comes to stay?
10. What is on Ming-feng's mind in Chapter 4?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)