|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wan-erh afraid of?
(a) That she will end up like Ming-Feng.
(b) Becoming a begger on the streets.
(c) Becoming a concubine.
(d) That Madame Chou does not like her.
2. Which word does not adequately describe Chueh-hsin?
3. Why do the two brothers head over to Chin's house after they pay their respects to the gods?
(a) To light fireworks.
(b) To pay their New Year's respects to Chin.
(c) To see Mei.
(d) To get away from their parents.
4. In Chapter 11, how does Chueh-hui vent his frustrations?
(a) Writing in a journal.
(b) Writing songs.
(d) Practicing marital arts.
5. Why does Chin's mother not allow her to go to the boys' school?
(a) She does not think Chin will learn enough there.
(b) The school is too difficult for Chin to get into.
(c) She thinks likes to make Chin unhappy.
(d) She feels people will gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent Ming-Feng off to be a servant?
2. What is Master Kao's friend Feng looking for?
3. How old was Ming-Feng when she was sent to be a servant?
4. Which of the brothers seems most involved in the ideas of the revolution?
5. Who is Mei?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chueh-hui think of Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
2. What news does Chin share about Mei in Chapter 7?
3. How does Uncle Ke-ting prepare for the fireworks show?
4. What does Chin think about going to the boys school?
5. How do the students respond when the governor does not keep his promise to meet their demands?
6. What does Chueh-hsin share with his brothers about the night their father died?
7. How does Chueh-hsin feel about his arranged marriage and his new wife?
8. How does Mrs. Chang feel about Chin wanting to go to a boys' school?
9. What is a common theme seen in Chapters 4 through 6?
10. How does Chueh-hui spend his house arrest?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)