|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Chueh-hsin when he finds out his father has arranged his marriage?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Jui-cheuh say she is embroidering for her husband?
(a) A runner for their canopy bed.
(b) A picture for their home.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A pillow with her family's name on it.
3. What holiday takes place in Chapter 11?
(a) Qing Ming.
(b) Spring Festival.
(c) The Seveth Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
4. What instrument is Chueh-hsin playing his sad song on?
(a) A flute.
(b) A lyre.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A lute.
5. How does Chin feel when her mother says she cannot attend the boys' school?
(a) She knows her mother loves her.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She does not care, she did not want to go anyway.
(d) She gets angry and hates her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does not describe Chin?
2. What part of Ming-Feng does Chueh-hui compare with Chin?
3. The boys walk home from school instead of riding in what?
4. How old was Ming-Feng when she was sent to be a servant?
5. What does Chueh-min run inside to do before heading off to dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
2. Why does Chueh-hui join students at the park after hearing what the soldiers have done?
3. What does Chin think about going to the boys school?
4. Why does Chueh-hui feel critical about his brothers in Chapter 12?
5. How does Chueh-hui think of Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
6. How does Cheuh-hui try to spend time with Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
7. How do the students respond when the governor does not keep his promise to meet their demands?
8. What does Chueh-hsin share with his brothers about the night their father died?
9. What is on Ming-feng's mind in Chapter 4?
10. How is Mama Huang described?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)