|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chueh-hui frustrated with his brothers?
(a) They agree that he should not be so liberal.
(b) They are living contradictory lives.
(c) They do not approve of his love for Ming-Feng.
(d) They are not concerned with his concerns.
2. Who do the cousins agree not to tell of Mei's return to town?
(d) Master Kao.
3. What is Cheuh-hsin's grandfather's name?
(a) Shen shen.
(b) Yeh yeh.
(c) Fai fai.
(d) Jun jun
4. Who puts on the dragon show for the family?
(b) Uncle Ke-ting.
5. How old is Ming-Feng?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Fourteen years old.
(c) Seventeen years old.
(d) Nineteen years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cheuh-hsin feel bad about thinking of Mei so much since he has last seen her?
2. What decision does Chueh-hui make, despite the fact it may anger his grandfather?
3. What holiday takes place in Chapter 11?
4. Who seems to become nervous and quiet around Chin?
5. Which word does not adequately describe Chueh-hsin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Chueh-hui and Jui-cheuh talk about in the garden?
2. Why is Cheuh-hsin hiding on New Year's Day?
3. How does Uncle Ke-ting prepare for the fireworks show?
4. How does Cheuh-hui try to spend time with Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
5. What does Yeh yeh lecture Chueh-hui about in Chapter 9?
6. How does Chueh-hui spend his house arrest?
7. How do the students respond when the governor does not keep his promise to meet their demands?
8. How does Mrs. Chang feel about Chin wanting to go to a boys' school?
9. What is the occurrence with Chueh-hui and the begger boy?
10. Please describe Chin and her mother's relationship.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)