|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ming-Feng?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Seventeen years old.
(c) Nineteen years old.
(d) Sixteen years old.
2. Who helps with making the fireworks?
(a) The sedan drivers.
(b) Master Kao.
(c) Yeh yeh.
(d) Ming-feng and the other servants.
3. Who are the students petitioning in reaction to their play being ruined?
(a) The local monk.
(b) The police.
(c) Master Kao.
(d) The Governor.
4. What does Chueh-min run inside to do before heading off to dinner?
(a) Talk to his mother.
(b) Start his homework.
(c) Sneak a bit of dessert.
(d) Change his clothes.
5. From what family is Chueh-hsin's wife?
(a) The Li family.
(b) The Fa family.
(c) The Wong family.
(d) The Cheung family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to become nervous and quiet around Chin?
2. What is the name of the author of the book that Chueh-hui is reading in Chapter 12?
3. Which of the following is one thing that the brothers have in common?
4. The boys walk home from school instead of riding in what?
5. In Chapter 11, how does Chueh-hui vent his frustrations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cheuh-hui try to spend time with Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
2. How does Chueh-hui think of Ming-feng in Chapter 3?
3. What secret does Chin share with her cousins about Chueh-hsin and Mei?
4. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
5. Please describe Chin and her mother's relationship.
6. Why does Chueh-hui join students at the park after hearing what the soldiers have done?
7. What does Chueh-hsin share with his brothers about the night their father died?
8. What is Cheuh-hui's reaction to the dragon show?
9. What does Yeh yeh lecture Chueh-hui about in Chapter 9?
10. What is on Ming-feng's mind in Chapter 4?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)