|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Cheuh-min's mindset in Chapter 31?
(a) Lonely but cheerful.
(b) Fearful and lonely.
(c) Frustrated and annoyed.
(d) Patient and hopeful.
2. How does Cheuh-min's running make Cheuh-hsin feel?
3. Where is Master Kao during all the fighting?
(a) At Mrs. Chang's.
(b) At the Kao compound.
(c) Visiting relatives.
(d) Fighting for the general.
4. What does Chin tell Cheuh-hui she is determined about?
(a) Not ending up like Mei.
(b) Being an independent woman.
(c) Marrying someone that she loves.
(d) Not being told what to do by anyone.
5. Why do Mrs. Chang, Chin, and Mei come to the Kao compound the day after the fighting starts?
(a) Because Master Kao has invited them.
(b) Because the military has taken over their home.
(c) Because they feel safer with the men.
(d) Because their house is too close to the fighting.
6. What word does Cheuh-hui use to describe his older brother in Chapter 26?
7. How does Cheuh-hui respond when he hears that Wan-erh is going to the Fengs as a concubine?
(b) Sorry for her.
8. Which of the following does not occur at Master Kao's birthday celebration?
(a) Silent retreats.
9. Which family member stumbles upon Mei and Cheuh-hsin in the garden?
(c) Madam Chang.
(d) Uncle Ke-ting.
10. What curse are the Kao women afraid of?
(a) Curse of the black night.
(b) Curse of the blood-glow.
(c) Curse of the seven sisters.
(d) Curse of the undead.
11. Besides stealing, what else does Uncle Ke-ting confess to?
(a) Killing a man.
(b) Being addicted to drugs.
(c) Having children out of wedlock.
(d) Stealing from Master Kao.
12. What does Cheuh-min say he has been so wrapped up in that he has not had time to talk with Cheuh-hui about his feelings?
(a) School work.
(b) The ideas of the revolution.
(c) Family obligations.
(d) His love for Chin.
13. Who is Cheuh-min to be married to?
(a) Zheng's daughter.
(b) Chou's grand-daughter.
(c) Feng's daughter.
(d) Fu's neice.
14. What does everyone seem to be thinking about as they hear the fighting outside the Kao compound?
(a) They think about the governor.
(b) They think about dying.
(c) They think about how to escape the city without notice.
(d) They think about how much they love each other.
15. When Ming-feng goes to Cheuh-hui for help, how does he respond?
(a) He convinces her to fun away.
(b) He tells her he is busy and to come talk to him in two days.
(c) He sends her to be a servant for Mrs. Wang.
(d) He tells her he will marry her instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Master Kao respond to Cheuh-hsin's request to call off his youngest brother's arranged marriage?
2. Why has Uncle Ke-ting been stealing from his wife?
3. Who does Cheuh-min stay with when he runs away to avoid his arranged marriage?
4. When Cheuh-hui hears that Jui-cheuh has been moved what does he tell his older brother?
5. Why is Chien-erh burning money for Wan-erh?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)