|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday takes place in Chapter 11?
(a) The Seveth Eve.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Spring Festival.
(d) Qing Ming.
2. What do we learn about Chin's father in Chapter 5?
(a) That he is very ill.
(b) That he abandoned his family when Chin was very young.
(c) That he is dead.
(d) That he is off at war.
3. What is it that Master Kao does for the gods?
(a) Sacrifices spices.
4. What exam does Chueh-min help Chin study for?
(a) Her math exam.
(b) Her science final.
(c) Her etiquette exam.
(d) Her English entrance exam.
5. How does Chueh-hui feel about his act of giving money to a begger?
6. Who ruined the student play in Chapter 7?
(a) Beggers trying to get money.
(b) Rowdy children from another school.
7. What is Ming-Feng gathering for Madame Chou and Mrs. Chang?
(b) Plum blossoms.
(d) Silk worms.
8. Why does Chueh-hsin love plum blossoms so much?
(a) Because Mei's name means "plum blossom."
(b) Because his mother used to pick them for him.
(c) Because of their scent.
(d) Because they remind him of the spring.
9. What type of stories do the sedan chair drivers tell Chueh-hui?
(a) Stories about heroes.
(b) Stories about injustice.
(c) Stories about morals.
(d) Stories about religion.
10. What campaign do the students launch?
(a) Safety for all.
(b) Save the arts.
(c) Keep Chengtu safe.
(d) Preserve respect for students.
11. How long has Ming-Feng been a servant?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Twenty-four months.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Six months.
12. Why is Cheuh-hsin hiding behind a shelter at the other end of the Kao compound?
(a) He is not feeling well and did not want to worry them.
(b) He is playing hide and seek with his son.
(c) He is thinking.
(d) He is hiding from his responsibilities.
13. What is Chueh-hsin's hope for his son?
(a) That he will love his wife as Chueh-hsin does.
(b) That will carry out Chueh-hsin's thwarted dreams.
(c) That he will enter the army.
(d) That he will refuse to follow traditions.
14. What does Cheuh-hui realize about how the talk of change and the new order affects Cheuh-hsin?
(a) He realizes it must anger him because he likes tradition.
(b) He realizes it must give him hope because he wants change.
(c) He realizes it must devastate him because he is stuck.
(d) He realizes it makes him happy because he is free.
15. Who puts on the dragon show for the family?
(d) Uncle Ke-ting.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what family is Chueh-hsin's wife?
2. What subject does Chueh-hsin expect to go study at university?
3. How does Cheuh-hui feel about the boys shooting fireworks at the dancers?
4. Who are the students petitioning in reaction to their play being ruined?
5. Which of the brothers seems most involved in the ideas of the revolution?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)