|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chueh-hui see his servants?
(a) A lesser human beings.
(b) A pieces of property.
(c) As people with problems of their own.
(d) A nice people who have nothing to worry about.
2. Which of the brothers seems most involved in the ideas of the revolution?
3. What type of shop is Cheuh-hsin's office next to?
(a) A butcher shop.
(b) A general store.
(c) A fabric shop.
(d) A bookstore.
4. How does Chueh-hui feel about his act of giving money to a begger?
5. From what family is Chueh-hsin's wife?
(a) The Fa family.
(b) The Wong family.
(c) The Cheung family.
(d) The Li family.
6. Who seems to become nervous and quiet around Chin?
7. Why does Chin's mother not allow her to go to the boys' school?
(a) She feels people will gossip.
(b) She does not think Chin will learn enough there.
(c) The school is too difficult for Chin to get into.
(d) She thinks likes to make Chin unhappy.
8. Why does Cheuh-hsin feel bad about thinking of Mei so much since he has last seen her?
(a) Because he knows she does not love him.
(b) Because he really does not like Mei.
(c) Because he thinks this would displease his father.
(d) Because he loves his wife and son so much.
9. What does Cheuh-hui realize about how the talk of change and the new order affects Cheuh-hsin?
(a) He realizes it must devastate him because he is stuck.
(b) He realizes it makes him happy because he is free.
(c) He realizes it must anger him because he likes tradition.
(d) He realizes it must give him hope because he wants change.
10. How much younger than Chueh-min is Chueh-hui?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten months.
(c) One year.
(d) About 18 months.
11. What is one way the students launch their campaign?
(a) Bombing public sites.
(b) Participating in sit-ins.
(d) Printing and distributing leaflets.
12. Who lectures Cheuh-hui about his behavior in Chapter 9?
(a) His older brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
13. What do Chin and Cheuh-min think of the boys shooting fireworks at the dancers?
(a) They do not see anything wrong with it.
(b) They think it is funny.
(c) They think it is mean.
(d) They think that it was necessary.
14. Who sent Ming-Feng off to be a servant?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her father.
15. What position does Wan-erh hold in the Kao household?
(a) She is a concubine.
(b) She is a servant.
(c) She is a sister-in-law.
(d) She is a cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chueh-hsin feel about having an arranged marriage?
2. In Chapter 14, where does Cheuh-hsin tell his brothers he has seen Mei?
3. Where are the brothers walking home from at the opening of the book?
4. How are family members seated at the New Year's Eve feast?
5. How old is Chueh-hsin when he finds out his father has arranged his marriage?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)