|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 15, when was the last time the boys saw their cousin Mei?
(a) When she had her first child.
(b) At her wedding.
(c) Before she was married.
(d) At the New Years holiday festivities.
2. Which of the following is one thing that the brothers have in common?
(a) All are passionate about their education.
(b) They are tall.
(c) Unrequited love.
(d) They all dislike their grandfather.
3. What fear does Ming-Feng have?
(a) That she will die young.
(b) She will never have a home of her own.
(c) That she will not have children.
(d) She will not have servants of her own someday.
4. Who are the students petitioning in reaction to their play being ruined?
(a) The Governor.
(b) The local monk.
(c) Master Kao.
(d) The police.
5. From what family is Chueh-hsin's wife?
(a) The Wong family.
(b) The Cheung family.
(c) The Li family.
(d) The Fa family.
6. In Chapter 11, what does Jui-cheuh say she is embroidering for her husband?
(a) A pillow with her family's name on it.
(b) A runner for their canopy bed.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A picture for their home.
7. What is Jui-cheuh trying to do by inviting Chueh-hui to play chess with her?
(a) Teach him how to be a better chess player.
(b) Ask him about Ming-Feng.
(c) Tell him a secret.
(d) Cheer him up.
8. How does Chueh-hui feel about his act of giving money to a begger?
9. Why does Ming-Feng get in trouble with the women?
(a) Because she is not smiling as she should.
(b) Because she is daydreaming instead of listening to them.
(c) Because she has spilt tea on an honored guest.
(d) Because she has been detained by Chueh-hui.
10. What is Master Kao's friend Feng looking for?
(a) A new maid.
(b) A new sedan driver.
(c) A tutor for his children.
(d) A concubine.
11. What comfort does Chueh-hsin find in his wife?
(a) He loves her very much.
(b) She is a good cook.
(c) She is pleasant and pretty.
(d) She is interested in seeing him pursue his dreams.
12. Why does the responsibility of his family fall onto Chueh-hsin's shoulders soon after his marriage?
(a) Because he is the smartest son.
(b) Because he is now a man.
(c) His father dies.
(d) He is clearly going to be rich.
13. How old is Chueh-min?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Nineteen years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Seventeen years old.
14. How old was Ming-Feng when she was sent to be a servant?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Seven years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Eight years old.
15. What is Chueh-hsin's hope for his son?
(a) That he will enter the army.
(b) That will carry out Chueh-hsin's thwarted dreams.
(c) That he will refuse to follow traditions.
(d) That he will love his wife as Chueh-hsin does.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument is Chueh-hsin playing his sad song on?
2. What does Chueh-min run inside to do before heading off to dinner?
3. What is Cheuh-hsin's grandfather's name?
4. What is Ming-Feng gathering for Madame Chou and Mrs. Chang?
5. Who tutors some of Chin's relatives?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)