Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Master Kao's friend Feng looking for?
(a) A new maid.
(b) A new sedan driver.
(c) A tutor for his children.
(d) A concubine.
2. What decision does Chueh-hui make, despite the fact it may anger his grandfather?
(a) He decides to advocate revolutionary thinking.
(b) He decides to no longer stay at home.
(c) He decides to write his own liberal magazine.
(d) He decides to leave the city and set out on his own.
3. Who is Mei?
(a) The boy's aunt.
(b) Chueh-min's girlfriend.
(c) The woman Chueh-hsin is arranged to marry.
(d) Chueh-hsin's cousin.
4. From what family is Chueh-hsin's wife?
(a) The Li family.
(b) The Cheung family.
(c) The Wong family.
(d) The Fa family.
5. In Chapter 11, what does Jui-cheuh say she is embroidering for her husband?
(a) A pillow with her family's name on it.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A runner for their canopy bed.
(d) A picture for their home.
6. What days does Chueh-hsin get off from work?
(a) Saturdays and Mondays.
7. What is Ming-Feng gathering for Madame Chou and Mrs. Chang?
(a) Silk worms.
(d) Plum blossoms.
8. What is Cheuh-hsin's grandfather's name?
(a) Fai fai.
(b) Yeh yeh.
(c) Jun jun
(d) Shen shen.
9. Who sent Ming-Feng off to be a servant?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
10. What role does Chueh-hsin play in the fireworks display?
(a) He sets off the fireworks.
(b) He is a dancer.
(c) He sings.
(d) He provides live music.
11. In Chapter 14, where does Cheuh-hsin tell his brothers he has seen Mei?
(a) At a department store.
(b) In the city square.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a silk shop.
12. How are family members seated at the New Year's Eve feast?
(a) By height.
(b) By rank.
(c) By gender.
(d) By family relation.
13. How old is Chueh-hsin when he finds out his father has arranged his marriage?
14. What word does not describe the Cheuh family?
15. What seems to symbolize aristocracy to Chueh-hui?
(a) The Kao compound.
(c) The sedan chairs.
(d) The old traditions of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cheuh-hsin feel bad about thinking of Mei so much since he has last seen her?
2. How does Ming-Feng respond when Chueh-hui says he wants to protect her?
3. What do we learn about Chin's father in Chapter 5?
4. Who ruined the student play in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Chueh-hsin love plum blossoms so much?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)