Short Answer Key
1. What is the second line to this proverb: "benevolent rulers, happy family..."?
Long life, good harvests.
2. At the beginning of the book, why does Cheuh-hui stay to talk to the servant girl?
He thinks that she is beautiful.
3. How much younger than Chueh-min is Chueh-hui?
4. What does Chueh-min run inside to do before heading off to dinner?
Change his clothes.
5. Which of the following words does not describe Chin?
6. Why does Chin think she will not be able to go to the boys' school?
Because her family will never let her.
7. Why does Ming-Feng get in trouble with the women?
Because she has been detained by Chueh-hui.
8. What part of Ming-Feng does Chueh-hui compare with Chin?
9. Where are the brothers walking home from at the opening of the book?
This section contains 2,573 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)