|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Cheuh-hsin give for not wanting his wife to go to pay Mei her respect?
(a) The journey is too difficult.
(b) Mei would not want her there.
(c) There will be too many people there.
(d) She is pregnant and it would not be good.
2. What is the state of the house Jui-cheuh must live in outside the city?
(a) Damp with a dirt floor.
(b) Warm and comfortable.
(c) Grand and well stocked.
(d) Small but cozy.
3. Why does Cheuh-hsin feel bad about thinking of Mei so much since he has last seen her?
(a) Because he really does not like Mei.
(b) Because he knows she does not love him.
(c) Because he thinks this would displease his father.
(d) Because he loves his wife and son so much.
4. Which word does not adequately describe Chueh-hsin?
5. What seems to symbolize aristocracy to Chueh-hui?
(a) The Kao compound.
(b) The sedan chairs.
(d) The old traditions of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it that Cheuh-hsin cannot go outside to visit his wife for a few days?
2. Besides stealing, what else does Uncle Ke-ting confess to?
3. What campaign do the students launch?
4. What is Wan-erh afraid of?
5. What decision does Chueh-hui make, despite the fact it may anger his grandfather?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)