|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Jui-cheuh say she is embroidering for her husband?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A picture for their home.
(c) A runner for their canopy bed.
(d) A pillow with her family's name on it.
2. What seems to symbolize aristocracy to Chueh-hui?
(a) The sedan chairs.
(b) The old traditions of his father.
(c) The Kao compound.
3. What type of shop is Cheuh-hsin's office next to?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A fabric shop.
(c) A butcher shop.
(d) A general store.
4. What is Cousin Mei's disposition when the two younger brother see her at Chin's house?
(a) She is calm.
(b) She is melancholy.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is happy.
5. How are family members seated at the New Year's Eve feast?
(a) By rank.
(b) By gender.
(c) By height.
(d) By family relation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ming-Feng get in trouble with the women?
2. What is the second line to this proverb: "benevolent rulers, happy family..."?
3. In Chapter 14, where does Cheuh-hsin tell his brothers he has seen Mei?
4. What part of Ming-Feng does Chueh-hui compare with Chin?
5. Who are the students petitioning in reaction to their play being ruined?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)