|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chueh-hsin's hope for his son?
(a) That he will love his wife as Chueh-hsin does.
(b) That he will enter the army.
(c) That will carry out Chueh-hsin's thwarted dreams.
(d) That he will refuse to follow traditions.
2. How are family members seated at the New Year's Eve feast?
(a) By height.
(b) By gender.
(c) By rank.
(d) By family relation.
3. What holiday takes place in Chapter 11?
(a) The Seveth Eve.
(b) Spring Festival.
(c) Qing Ming.
(d) New Year's Day.
4. Why does Cheuh-hsin feel bad about thinking of Mei so much since he has last seen her?
(a) Because he really does not like Mei.
(b) Because he knows she does not love him.
(c) Because he thinks this would displease his father.
(d) Because he loves his wife and son so much.
5. Why is Cheuh-hsin hiding behind a shelter at the other end of the Kao compound?
(a) He is playing hide and seek with his son.
(b) He is hiding from his responsibilities.
(c) He is not feeling well and did not want to worry them.
(d) He is thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chueh-hui do with the book his grandfather gives him?
2. Who tutors some of Chin's relatives?
3. Who does Chueh-min confess he is in love with in Chapter 10?
4. Why do the two brothers head over to Chin's house after they pay their respects to the gods?
5. How old was Ming-Feng when she was sent to be a servant?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)