|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the two brothers head over to Chin's house after they pay their respects to the gods?
(a) To see Mei.
(b) To light fireworks.
(c) To pay their New Year's respects to Chin.
(d) To get away from their parents.
2. What do Chin and Cheuh-min think of the boys shooting fireworks at the dancers?
(a) They think that it was necessary.
(b) They do not see anything wrong with it.
(c) They think it is funny.
(d) They think it is mean.
3. Why has been Cheuh-hsin been drinking so much in Chapter 14?
(a) Because it is part of his job.
(b) Because he is miserable.
(c) Because it is the holidays.
(d) Because he is so happy.
4. How does Chueh-hui feel about his act of giving money to a begger?
5. What is Ming-feng's ultimate reaction to being given as a concubine?
(a) She becomes a servant in someone else's household instead.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She elopes with another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises to keep an eye on Cheuh-hui to make sure he does not leave the house for a few days?
2. What is Cheuh-hsin's grandfather's name?
3. What does Cheuh-hui realize about how the talk of change and the new order affects Cheuh-hsin?
4. In Chapter 14, where does Cheuh-hsin tell his brothers he has seen Mei?
5. When Ming-feng goes to Cheuh-hui for help, how does he respond?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)