1. What is the second line to this proverb: "benevolent rulers, happy family..."?
(a) Weak rulers, bad children.
(b) Long life, good harvests.
(c) Many years, many grandchildren.
(d) Happy family, happy home.
2. At the beginning of the book, why does Cheuh-hui stay to talk to the servant girl?
(a) He wants her to do his homework.
(b) He wants her to tell his parents he is ill.
(c) He needs her to go get something for him.
(d) He thinks that she is beautiful.
3. How much younger than Chueh-min is Chueh-hui?
(a) About 18 months.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
4. What does Chueh-min run inside to do before heading off to dinner?
(a) Change his clothes.
(b) Sneak a bit of dessert.
(c) Start his homework.
(d) Talk to his mother.
5. Which of the following words does not describe Chin?
6. Why does Chin think she will not be able to go to the boys' school?
(a) Because she is a girl, and girls are not allowed at the school.
(b) Because her family will never let her.
(c) Because she does not have enough money.
(d) Because she is not smart enough.
This section contains 4,812 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)