1. What is the second line to this proverb: "benevolent rulers, happy family..."?
(a) Weak rulers, bad children.
(b) Long life, good harvests.
(c) Happy family, happy home.
(d) Many years, many grandchildren.
2. At the beginning of the book, why does Cheuh-hui stay to talk to the servant girl?
(a) He wants her to tell his parents he is ill.
(b) He wants her to do his homework.
(c) He needs her to go get something for him.
(d) He thinks that she is beautiful.
3. How much younger than Chueh-min is Chueh-hui?
(a) Ten months.
(b) One year.
(c) About 18 months.
(d) Two years.
4. What does Chueh-min run inside to do before heading off to dinner?
(a) Sneak a bit of dessert.
(b) Start his homework.
(c) Talk to his mother.
(d) Change his clothes.
5. Which of the following words does not describe Chin?
6. Why does Chin think she will not be able to go to the boys' school?
(a) Because her family will never let her.
(b) Because she does not have enough money.
(c) Because she is a girl, and girls are not allowed at the school.
(d) Because she is not smart enough.
This section contains 4,812 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)