1. What is the second line to this proverb: "benevolent rulers, happy family..."?
(a) Long life, good harvests.
(b) Many years, many grandchildren.
(c) Weak rulers, bad children.
(d) Happy family, happy home.
2. At the beginning of the book, why does Cheuh-hui stay to talk to the servant girl?
(a) He needs her to go get something for him.
(b) He thinks that she is beautiful.
(c) He wants her to tell his parents he is ill.
(d) He wants her to do his homework.
3. How much younger than Chueh-min is Chueh-hui?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten months.
(d) About 18 months.
4. What does Chueh-min run inside to do before heading off to dinner?
(a) Sneak a bit of dessert.
(b) Change his clothes.
(c) Talk to his mother.
(d) Start his homework.
5. Which of the following words does not describe Chin?
6. Why does Chin think she will not be able to go to the boys' school?
(a) Because she does not have enough money.
(b) Because her family will never let her.
(c) Because she is not smart enough.
(d) Because she is a girl, and girls are not allowed at the school.
This section contains 4,812 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)