• The story opens with two brothers, Chueh-hui and his older brother, walking home.
• When they get home, Chueh-hui talks with Ming-feng, a servant girl in his house who he thinks is beautiful.
• The boys' cousin Chin comes over for dinner along with two other aunts
• Chin is pretty, smart, and ambitious.
• Chin wants to attend the boys' school
• Chueh-hui calls to Ming-feng and asks her to bring them some tea so that he can try and talk with her.
• Ming-feng ends up getting in trouble because she has spent too much time taking Cheuh-hui his tea.
• Ming-feng has spent the last seven years at the Kao compound.
• She is scared that she will always be a servant and will not have her own life or a home of her own.
• Chin asks her mother about going to the boys' school next year.
• Chin's mother...
This section contains 1,687 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)