* The story opens with two brothers, Chueh-hui and his older brother, walking home.
* When they get home, Chueh-hui talks with Ming-feng, a servant girl in his house who he thinks is beautiful.
* The boys' cousin Chin comes over for dinner along with two other aunts
* Chin is pretty, smart, and ambitious.
* Chin wants to attend the boys' school
* Chueh-hui calls to Ming-feng and asks her to bring them some tea so that he can try and talk with her.
* Ming-feng ends up getting in trouble because she has spent too much time taking Cheuh-hui his tea.
* Ming-feng has spent the last seven years at the Kao compound.
* She is scared that she will always be a servant and will not have her own life or a home of her own.
* Chin asks her mother about going to the boys' school next year.
* Chin's mother...
This section contains 1,533 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)