|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument does Coomy use to leave Nariman at Roxana's house a while longer?
(a) She and Jal are going on vacation.
(b) Nariman is much happier at Roxana's.
(c) His hospital visit would mean more ambulance rides.
(d) She and Jal do not have time for Nariman.
2. Why can Husain only work part time?
(a) He has another job.
(b) He is a victim of earlier riots.
(c) He goes to school.
(d) He is physically challenged.
3. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
(a) He helps Yezad.
(b) He orders supplies.
(c) He waits on customers.
(d) He does odd jobs around the store.
4. How does Yezad get to work?
(a) By train.
(b) By bus.
(c) By car.
(d) By foot.
5. Why does Miss Alvarez ask to speak to Jehangir's parents?
(a) She wants to tell them she is quitting.
(b) Jehangir is being released as homework monitor.
(c) She wants to tell them how good Jehangir is.
(d) Jehangir has been taking bribes as homework monitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
2. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
3. Why does Coomy get angry during the discussion about the cost of caring for Nariman?
4. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
5. What is Nariman's response about moving to Roxana's?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)