|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
(a) Wash his hands.
(b) Carefully seal the envelopes.
(c) He is not required to do anything.
(d) Ask his mother to double check the envelopes.
2. What is Mr. Kapur's wife's view of public service?
(a) Service to family is a woman's duty.
(b) Service to community comes first.
(c) Service to community is for young men.
(d) Service to family comes first.
3. Why does Coomy get angry during the discussion about the cost of caring for Nariman?
(a) She loves Nariman and doesn't want to lose him.
(b) She thinks Roxana is too critical of her.
(c) She says she is doing the best she can.
(d) She thinks Roxana is accusing her of stealing.
4. A few days after Nariman's return home, Dr. Tarapore is asked to do another x-ray. What does this one show?
(b) A perfectly healed ankle.
(d) Several old breaks.
5. How does Nariman deal with Coomy's ranting?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He is quietly sarcastic.
(c) He yells back at her.
(d) He is meekly obedient.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Coomy intend to let Nariman come home?
2. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
3. What happens the first time Nariman attempts to walk when he gets back to Roxana's?
4. What does the x-ray of Nariman's ankle reveal?
5. What is Yezad's explanation for the extra money?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)