|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
(a) He tells her it was not his idea to come to her home.
(b) He apologizes for being a burden.
(c) He tells her how good Coomy has been to him.
(d) He tells her he can't wait to get inside with her family.
2. Why does Phoola Phoola quit?
(a) Coomy is too mean to her.
(b) Nariman is too mean to her.
(c) Nariman has had a bowel movement in his bed.
(d) The whole apartment is too filthy to clean.
3. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
(a) To leave his job and take a better one.
(b) To receive an extra shipment without paying for it.
(c) To receive protection from the rioters.
(d) To pad the bill and make extra money.
4. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
(a) Getting rid of any sign that Nariman ever lived with her.
(b) Getting rid of the smells he left behind.
(c) Cleaning his room and readying it for his return.
(d) Making sure he has all he needs at Roxana's.
5. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
(a) Asking to see his teeth.
(b) Feeling his chin.
(c) A kiss on the cheek.
(d) Feeling his bald head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
2. Who goes to help Nariman when he asks for the urinal?
3. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
4. What is Yezad's attitude toward religion?
5. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)