|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
(a) They are his son and daughter.
(b) They are his grandchildren.
(c) They are his stepchildren.
(d) They are his foster children.
2. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
(a) He orders supplies.
(b) He does odd jobs around the store.
(c) He waits on customers.
(d) He helps Yezad.
3. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ...creates a huge empty space."
(b) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(c) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
(d) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
4. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
(a) He thinks Nariman may be crazy.
(b) He thinks Nariman needs a change of scenery.
(c) He thinks Nariman is perfectly normal and tells Coomy not to worry.
(d) He thinks Nariman is in danger of depression.
5. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
(a) Roxana realizes all Coomy's reasons are good ones.
(b) Roxana really misses her father and wants him near.
(c) Coomy says Nariman is looking forward to being with Roxana's family.
(d) Coomy says Nariman is waiting outside in an ambulance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nariman help Jehangir go back to sleep when Jehangir is restless?
2. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
3. What argument does Coomy use to leave Nariman at Roxana's house a while longer?
4. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
5. What reason does Coomy give for wanting to move her father to Roxana's apartment?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)