|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
(a) Feeling his bald head.
(b) Asking to see his teeth.
(c) Feeling his chin.
(d) A kiss on the cheek.
2. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
(b) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(c) He has accepted too many bribes.
(d) He is getting too old for the job.
3. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
(a) He tells her he can't wait to get inside with her family.
(b) He apologizes for being a burden.
(c) He tells her how good Coomy has been to him.
(d) He tells her it was not his idea to come to her home.
4. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
(a) Nariman is not interested in what Jehangir reads.
(b) Jehangir is making too much noise.
(c) Nariman has fallen asleep.
(d) She needs Jehangir's help in the kitchen.
5. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
(a) To help him make the beds.
(b) To help with homework.
(c) To help fix a meal.
(d) To help him clean the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman encourage Roxana and Yezad to do to help their financial situation?
2. Which of the following is most true about Coomy?
3. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
4. Nariman exhibits symptoms of the early stages of what disease?
5. What does Yezad tell Jehangir that his name means?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)