|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(b) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
(c) ...creates a huge empty space."
(d) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
2. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
(a) She grumbles that they are always late.
(b) She grumbles that they are always on time.
(c) She grumbles that they are always early.
(d) She grumbles that they never bring anything.
3. A few days after Nariman's return home, Dr. Tarapore is asked to do another x-ray. What does this one show?
(a) Several old breaks.
(b) A perfectly healed ankle.
4. How long will Nariman have to care for his foot?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Four days.
(c) Four months.
(d) Four hours.
5. How does Nariman deal with Coomy's ranting?
(a) He is quietly sarcastic.
(b) He is meekly obedient.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He yells back at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dr. Tarapore's decision concerning Nariman?
2. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
3. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
4. In a flashback, Nariman recalls a person who makes him happy. Who is it?
5. What does Nariman observe as Coomy and Jal move him to Roxana's apartment?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)