|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
(a) There is a lot of laughter.
(b) Everyone focuses on the chldren.
(c) No one talks to anyone else.
(d) There is a lot of bickering.
2. How does Coomy answer Jal's concern about leaving their father with the Chenoy family?
(a) She says they had no choice.
(b) She says it was the best option.
(c) She expresses concern for Nariman's well-being.
(d) She says she regrets that it had to be done.
3. What is Nariman's occupation?
(a) He is a retired musician.
(b) He is an active professor.
(c) He is a retired professor.
(d) He is a part-time teacher.
4. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
(a) She knows Roxana would insist on taking care of Nariman.
(b) She knows Roxana would blame her for letting Nariman get hurt.
(c) She said Roxana is too busy with her family to have time for Nariman.
(d) She knows Roxana did not have room to care for her father.
5. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
(a) She grumbles that they are always late.
(b) She grumbles that they are always on time.
(c) She grumbles that they never bring anything.
(d) She grumbles that they are always early.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
2. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
3. Which of the following is most true about Coomy?
4. What relation is Roxana to Jal and Coomy?
5. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)