|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
(a) He has a black eye.
(b) He has a broken arm.
(c) He has a new cane.
(d) He has a limp and abrasions on his elbow and forearm.
2. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
(a) A crowded two-room flat in a decaying building.
(b) A comfortable flat in a well-kept building.
(c) A roomy two-bedroom flat in a new building.
(d) A quiet two-room flat in an old but clean building.
3. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
(a) He falls over an unseen object.
(b) He falls while playing a game.
(c) He falls down the stairs.
(d) He falls into a trench.
4. Nariman exhibits symptoms of the early stages of what disease?
5. What does Nariman observe as Coomy and Jal move him to Roxana's apartment?
(a) It is hard for them to hide their eagerness to be rid of him.
(b) They are both eager to see him comfortable and cared for.
(c) They are both looking forward to seeing Roxana again.
(d) It is hard for them to hide their sadness at his leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
2. How does Nariman deal with Coomy's ranting?
3. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
4. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
5. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)