|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation is Roxana to Jal and Coomy?
(a) She is their aunt.
(b) She is their half-sister.
(c) She is their step-sister.
(d) She is their step-mother.
2. How does Nariman deal with Coomy's ranting?
(a) He is meekly obedient.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He yells back at her.
(d) He is quietly sarcastic.
3. Why does Coomy request that Phoola Phoola clean her room first?
(a) Because it was not cleaned the last time.
(b) So she can watch to see that it is done correctly.
(c) So she can spend time with her father.
(d) So she can go back to bed.
4. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
(a) A headmistress.
(b) A military officer.
(c) A nun.
(d) A professor.
5. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
(a) They are his stepchildren.
(b) They are his foster children.
(c) They are his son and daughter.
(d) They are his grandchildren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Roxana's neighbor play?
2. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
3. In a flashback, Nariman recalls a person who makes him happy. Who is it?
4. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
5. Who did Nariman's family arrange for him to marry?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)