|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nariman deal with Coomy's ranting?
(a) He is meekly obedient.
(b) He is quietly sarcastic.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He yells back at her.
2. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
(a) She turns on his ceiling fan.
(b) She makes him go outside.
(c) She holds her nose.
(d) She opens all the windows.
3. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
(a) She said Roxana is too busy with her family to have time for Nariman.
(b) She knows Roxana would insist on taking care of Nariman.
(c) She knows Roxana did not have room to care for her father.
(d) She knows Roxana would blame her for letting Nariman get hurt.
4. How does Coomy answer Jal's concern about leaving their father with the Chenoy family?
(a) She says she regrets that it had to be done.
(b) She expresses concern for Nariman's well-being.
(c) She says they had no choice.
(d) She says it was the best option.
5. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
(a) He is complaining about his care.
(b) He is crying.
(c) He is talking to Roxana.
(d) He is talking to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nariman's occupation?
2. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
3. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
4. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
5. What happens as the Chenoys wait at the bus stop?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)