|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
(a) She knows Roxana would blame her for letting Nariman get hurt.
(b) She knows Roxana would insist on taking care of Nariman.
(c) She said Roxana is too busy with her family to have time for Nariman.
(d) She knows Roxana did not have room to care for her father.
2. What is Nariman's response about moving to Roxana's?
(a) He is happy and excited about the move.
(b) He will agree if it is okay with her.
(c) He does not want to leave the comfort of his own room.
(d) He wants to ask her himself.
3. How long will Nariman have to care for his foot?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Four months.
(c) Four days.
(d) Four weeks.
4. What does Nariman observe as Coomy and Jal move him to Roxana's apartment?
(a) They are both looking forward to seeing Roxana again.
(b) They are both eager to see him comfortable and cared for.
(c) It is hard for them to hide their sadness at his leaving.
(d) It is hard for them to hide their eagerness to be rid of him.
5. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She is a Goan.
(c) She is a Parsi.
(d) She has two children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
2. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
3. What reason does Coomy give to convince Roxana to let her father move in?
4. What does Coomy use to clean Nariman's teeth?
5. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)