|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Coomy give to convince Roxana to let her father move in?
(a) She says it is only fair that they share responsibility.
(b) She says Nariman likes Roxana better.
(c) She says Jal cannot take it any longer.
(d) She says it will help avoid depression.
2. What is Nariman's occupation?
(a) He is an active professor.
(b) He is a retired professor.
(c) He is a part-time teacher.
(d) He is a retired musician.
3. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
(a) She holds her nose.
(b) She makes him go outside.
(c) She turns on his ceiling fan.
(d) She opens all the windows.
4. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
(a) He falls while playing a game.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) He falls over an unseen object.
(d) He falls into a trench.
5. Why do Coomy and Jal not want Nariman to go out alone?
(a) They are afraid he will run away.
(b) They are afraid he will not return in time for his birthday celebration.
(c) They are afraid something will happen to him.
(d) They are afraid he will get lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
2. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
3. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
4. Which of the following is most true about Coomy?
5. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)