|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phoola Phoola quit?
(a) Nariman has had a bowel movement in his bed.
(b) The whole apartment is too filthy to clean.
(c) Coomy is too mean to her.
(d) Nariman is too mean to her.
2. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
3. What does Nariman observe as Coomy and Jal move him to Roxana's apartment?
(a) It is hard for them to hide their sadness at his leaving.
(b) It is hard for them to hide their eagerness to be rid of him.
(c) They are both looking forward to seeing Roxana again.
(d) They are both eager to see him comfortable and cared for.
4. At the beginning of the story, Nariman is preparing to celebrate which birthday?
(a) His seventy-seventh.
(b) His seventy-ninth.
(c) His seventy-eighth.
(d) His eightieth.
5. Why do Coomy and Jal not want Nariman to go out alone?
(a) They are afraid something will happen to him.
(b) They are afraid he will get lost.
(c) They are afraid he will run away.
(d) They are afraid he will not return in time for his birthday celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
2. What reason does Coomy give to convince Roxana to let her father move in?
3. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
4. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
5. What reason does Coomy give for wanting to move her father to Roxana's apartment?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)