|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
(a) Helping prepare supper.
(b) Weeding the flowerbeds.
(c) Winding the clock.
(d) Setting the table.
2. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
(a) He tells her it was not his idea to come to her home.
(b) He tells her he can't wait to get inside with her family.
(c) He tells her how good Coomy has been to him.
(d) He apologizes for being a burden.
3. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
(a) To help him clean the kitchen.
(b) To help him make the beds.
(c) To help with homework.
(d) To help fix a meal.
4. What news about his intentions does Mr. Kapur share with Yezad as they get together after work?
(a) He is considering adding on the the store he has.
(b) He is considering running for the municipal council.
(c) He is considering selling the store.
(d) He is considering buying another store.
5. What does Jehangir propose to Murad on their way to school?
(a) That they give their books to someone who needs them.
(b) That they trade their books for food.
(c) That they sell their lunches.
(d) That they sell their textbooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
2. Why does Coomy request that Phoola Phoola clean her room first?
3. What kind of story does Vilas propose to write for his drama club?
4. What happens the first time Nariman attempts to walk when he gets back to Roxana's?
5. What is Jal's concern about leaving his father at Roxana's?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)