Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jal upset with Coomy about after Roxana and Yezad leave?
(a) He wants Nariman to come home immediately.
(b) He was ashamed that the house wasn't clean for Roxana and Yezad.
(c) He says Coomy has ruined family relations.
(d) He thinks she has lied to her family.
2. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
(a) A crowded two-room flat in a decaying building.
(b) A comfortable flat in a well-kept building.
(c) A quiet two-room flat in an old but clean building.
(d) A roomy two-bedroom flat in a new building.
3. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
(a) Roxana really misses her father and wants him near.
(b) Coomy says Nariman is waiting outside in an ambulance.
(c) Roxana realizes all Coomy's reasons are good ones.
(d) Coomy says Nariman is looking forward to being with Roxana's family.
4. How does Yezad get to work?
(a) By bus.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By foot.
5. When does the author indicate that Nariman will be able to move about and take care of himself?
(a) About three weeks.
(c) It is hard to tell from the story.
(d) It depends on the exercises he does.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yezad do when he comes to the fires temple?
2. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
3. When does Coomy intend to let Nariman come home?
4. What does Mr. Kapur do when he learns that Husain is unable to work?
5. What does Nariman observe as Coomy and Jal move him to Roxana's apartment?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)