|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
(a) Their neighbor Dr. Fitter.
(b) The men who brought him home.
(c) She did not ask for help.
(d) Their regular doctor, Dr. Tarapore.
2. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
(a) She grumbles that they are always on time.
(b) She grumbles that they are always early.
(c) She grumbles that they never bring anything.
(d) She grumbles that they are always late.
3. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
(a) They are told to play quietly.
(b) They are not given instructions.
(c) They are told to sit on the floor.
(d) They are told to sit like statues.
4. How does Jal explain the constant hammering that Yezad asks about?
(a) He says it is their crazy neighbor.
(b) He says it is the apartment manager.
(c) He says their neighbor is a carpenter.
(d) He says it is the neighbor's children playing.
5. What happens as the Chenoys wait at the bus stop?
(a) Roxana is abducted.
(b) Murad and Jehangir get in a fight.
(c) Yezad is beaten and robbed.
(d) They are accosted by a pair of drunks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will Nariman have to care for his foot?
2. What relation is Roxana to Jal and Coomy?
3. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
4. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
5. Who did Nariman's family arrange for him to marry?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)