|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of trouble is King Henry having at the beginning of Chapter 19?
2. How does Edward try to help Henry raise an army?
3. How are Nell's issues handled?
4. What have the Lusignans been doing, when Nell and Richard approach them?
5. Why does Harry de Montfort let Edward go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
2. What brings Simon to renounce his loyalty to King Henry?
3. What is the outcome of Owain and Davydd's fight for Gwynedd?
4. Under what condition does Simon ultimately quit Gascony?
5. Describe the fight that leads to Henry's surrender.
6. What happens to Simon's body after death?
7. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
8. What judgment is made in the case?
9. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
10. How does Simon's defeat affect Llewelyn and Nell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would you recommend Falls the Shadow? For what purposes would you recommend Falls the Shadow, and what kinds of readers would you recommend it for? What other book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think is the heart of Falls the Shadow for Penman? Is it the medieval lifestyle? The political struggle? The warfare? The emergence of an effective government from the monarchical government?
Essay Topic 3
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)