|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Llewelyn want Davydd to see?
2. What does Parliament struggle to determine?
3. What does Nell do for Elen's children?
4. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
5. What is the verdict of mediation between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nell is Henry's sister, and Simon de Montfort's wife--what is her role in the opposition between the two men? What makes their differences so great that even being in-laws cannot resolve them? What role does the idea of family have, in their opposition?
Essay Topic 2
What tradeoffs would have been required for the Oxford Provisions to have taken effect? If there is a lesson in the war Simon waged to enforce them, what is it?
Essay Topic 3
Would you recommend Falls the Shadow? For what purposes would you recommend Falls the Shadow, and what kinds of readers would you recommend it for? What other book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)