Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
2. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
3. What do Nell and Richard try to convince Guy de Lusignan to do?
4. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
5. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
Essay Topic 1
One of the challenges in historical fiction is to relate the general sweep of history in a way that retains the feeling of personal experience for the people involved in that history. How does Sharon Kay Penman manage to keep the personal and the historical within sight of each other? Use specific instances from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Oxford Provisions? Who benefited by their implementation? Whose power was curtailed? Was it a step forward? Cite evidence from the novel to argue one way or the other.
Essay Topic 3
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)