|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
2. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
3. What do Nell and Richard try to convince Guy de Lusignan to do?
4. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
5. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
Essay Topic 1
Use this book as a meditation on the value of a five-star rating system. Is a five-star system sufficient to a book like this? Would you need to have sub-topics for the rating system, for plot, characterization, language, etc? What other sub-topics would you need? What value or importance gets lost in a five-star scale? Design a scale that would be better for this book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluative review of Falls the Shadow. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between historical fiction and narrative fiction that is not grounded in historical fact? How do fiction and history complement each other or counteract each other in Falls the Shadow?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)