|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davydd hope he can do in Wales?
2. What authority has stood behind the Lusignans?
3. What is the king's response to the complaints made about Simon?
4. What is the result of the debate over Simon?
5. What is Henry's response to the outcome?
Essay Topic 1
What tradeoffs would have been required for the Oxford Provisions to have taken effect? If there is a lesson in the war Simon waged to enforce them, what is it?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on her style and content. What values does she hold dear? What are her hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think she is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
How would this book be different if it followed the lives of the women? What is lost--and what is gained--by focusing on the men?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)