|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edward join King Henry?
2. What is Henry's response to the outcome?
3. How does Edward try to help Henry raise an army?
4. What authority has stood behind the Lusignans?
5. How does Bran de Montfort squash Edward's escape attempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What judgment is made in the case?
2. Why do Owain and Davydd invade Gwynedd?
3. What is Simon's defense to the lords' accusations?
4. What problems does Simon encounter after subduing King Henry?
5. How is Simon's army nearly wiped out?
6. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
7. What is going on in Wales as the tensions escalate between King Henry and Simon over the Oxford Provisions?
8. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
9. What do the Oxford Provisions change?
10. Describe the destruction of Bran de Montfort's army at Kenilworth.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of Falls the Shadow. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is this book relevant to contemporary readers? What contemporary issues are in play in the book, and how would the book contribute to contemporary discussion? Cite specific discussions from contemporary sources, and cite specific instances from the book, that describe its contemporary relevance.
Essay Topic 3
If you were to change Falls the Shadow, or write another work on the same topic, what would you do differently? What events would you cover in more detail? How would you tell this story differently yourself?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)