Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
2. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
3. What do Nell and Richard try to convince Guy de Lusignan to do?
4. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
5. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
Essay Topic 1
Write a character sketch of the author based on her style and content. What values does she hold dear? What are her hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think she is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the family dramas of Llewelyn and Gruffydd and the drama of Simon's opposition to Henry. How are they similar? How are they different? How does the book reconcile the two dramas?
Essay Topic 3
Would you recommend Falls the Shadow? For what purposes would you recommend Falls the Shadow, and what kinds of readers would you recommend it for? What other book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)