|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mediates between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
2. What is the verdict of mediation between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
3. What news does Edward give the de Montforts and Hal Planate genet?
4. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
5. Who is almost trapped when Londoners lock the drawbridge in the up position?
Essay Topic 1
What tradeoffs would have been required for the Oxford Provisions to have taken effect? If there is a lesson in the war Simon waged to enforce them, what is it?
Essay Topic 2
What traits are specifically English, in Falls the Shadow? How are those traits defined in relation to France and Wales?
Essay Topic 3
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)