|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Edward's plans with regard to Wales?
2. Why is Bran's army outside the walls of Kenilworth?
3. What is Simon involved in when he hears of the illness of his daughter?
4. How does Simon's army attempt to escape?
5. What brings Nell back to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Simon's role in the controversy over the Lusignans?
2. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
3. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
4. What problems does Simon confront after his victory over Henry?
5. How does is Edward treated when he is trapped him at Gloucester Castle?
6. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
7. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
8. Under what condition does Simon ultimately quit Gascony?
9. What are the conditions Simon imposes on King Henry when he triumphs over him?
10. What is Simon's defense to the lords' accusations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of Falls the Shadow. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
How would this book be different if it followed the lives of the women? What is lost--and what is gained--by focusing on the men?
Essay Topic 3
If you were to change Falls the Shadow, or write another work on the same topic, what would you do differently? What events would you cover in more detail? How would you tell this story differently yourself?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)