|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose assistance will be used to fight Senena and her supporters?
2. What does Elen hear Gruffydd is planning, when she gets to Gloucester?
3. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
4. What do the Welsh offer after the English attack?
5. What does Senena use to rescue Gruffydd and Owain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Llelo see that he is not supposed to see, and what does his father make him do?
2. Why does Henry go to war with France?
3. What happens to Llelo when Senena attempts to rescue her husband and son?
4. Describe Davydd's treatment after he surrenders to King Henry.
5. How does Davydd capture Gruffydd and Owain?
6. How does King Henry respond when it becomes clear that his sister is not pregnant?
7. What is Gruffydd preparing to fight for, and how do his preparations affect Davydd's plans?
8. What happens when Llewelyn's health begins to deteriorate?
9. What does Llelo talk about with his grandfather?
10. How does the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn change in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would you recommend Falls the Shadow? For what purposes would you recommend Falls the Shadow, and what kinds of readers would you recommend it for? What other book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the hero of Falls the Shadow? Is there one distinct hero? What other characters are competing for that position? What does it mean to be a hero in Falls the Shadow?
Essay Topic 3
If you were to change Falls the Shadow, or write another work on the same topic, what would you do differently? What events would you cover in more detail? How would you tell this story differently yourself?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)