|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
3. What does Elen hear Gruffydd is planning, when she gets to Gloucester?
4. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
5. What is Nell afraid for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position does the king give Simon de Montfort after Llewelyn and Owain's surrender?
2. What happens when Davydd dies?
3. Describe Johanna's death.
4. Why is Llelo's relationship with his grandfather a secret?
5. What does Davydd give up when he surrenders to King Henry?
6. What happens to Llelo when Senena attempts to rescue her husband and son?
7. Who attends Llewelyn and Owain's surrender to King Henry?
8. How does Gruffydd lose his land?
9. Describe Davydd's war with Senena and her supporters.
10. What is the consequence of Henry's war with the French?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of Falls the Shadow. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
Would you recommend Falls the Shadow? For what purposes would you recommend Falls the Shadow, and what kinds of readers would you recommend it for? What other book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
Essay Topic 3
What tradeoffs would have been required for the Oxford Provisions to have taken effect? If there is a lesson in the war Simon waged to enforce them, what is it?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)