|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davydd die of?
2. Where is Nell, at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. How does Gruffydd's happiness with things affect the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn?
4. What vow has Nell taken?
5. What has Llelo just had difficulty doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Simon's defense to the lords' accusations?
2. Under what condition does Simon ultimately quit Gascony?
3. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
4. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
5. How does Edward raise an army?
6. What is Edward's role in the opposition between Simon and King Henry?
7. What happens when Davydd dies?
8. Describe the destruction of Bran de Montfort's army at Kenilworth.
9. Describe Johanna's death.
10. What happens when Gruffydd and Owain try to escape from captivity?
Essay Topic 1
What do you think is the heart of Falls the Shadow for Penman? Is it the medieval lifestyle? The political struggle? The warfare? The emergence of an effective government from the monarchical government?
Essay Topic 2
What traits are specifically English, in Falls the Shadow? How are those traits defined in relation to France and Wales?
Essay Topic 3
Would you recommend Falls the Shadow? For what purposes would you recommend Falls the Shadow, and what kinds of readers would you recommend it for? What other book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)