Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davydd die of?
2. Where is Nell, at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. How does Gruffydd's happiness with things affect the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn?
4. What vow has Nell taken?
5. What has Llelo just had difficulty doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Simon's defense to the lords' accusations?
2. Under what condition does Simon ultimately quit Gascony?
3. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
4. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
5. How does Edward raise an army?
6. What is Edward's role in the opposition between Simon and King Henry?
7. What happens when Davydd dies?
8. Describe the destruction of Bran de Montfort's army at Kenilworth.
9. Describe Johanna's death.
10. What happens when Gruffydd and Owain try to escape from captivity?
Essay Topic 1
How would this book be different if it followed the lives of the women? What is lost--and what is gained--by focusing on the men?
Essay Topic 2
What traits are specifically English, in Falls the Shadow? How are those traits defined in relation to France and Wales?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of Falls the Shadow. What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)