|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nell's servant warn her against?
2. What is Elen expecting in Chapter 12?
3. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
4. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
5. Where does Falls the Shadow lie in relation to the other books in the series?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Davydd dies?
2. Describe Davydd's treatment after he surrenders to King Henry.
3. What does Davydd give up when he surrenders to King Henry?
4. Why is Nell concerned when she is in Sicily, waiting for her husband?
5. What is Simon de Montfort's effect on John the Scot's household?
6. What happens when Gruffydd and Owain try to escape from captivity?
7. Describe Davydd's war with Senena and her supporters.
8. What does Llelo talk about with his grandfather?
9. What happens to Llelo when Senena attempts to rescue her husband and son?
10. What is Llewelyn's response to Johanna's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of Falls the Shadow--did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
What tradeoffs would have been required for the Oxford Provisions to have taken effect? If there is a lesson in the war Simon waged to enforce them, what is it?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)