|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Simon accused of?
(a) Stealing from the king.
(b) Treating the lords unfairly.
(c) Changing the laws without due process.
(d) Betraying the king.
2. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
(a) The execution of political prisoners.
(b) Abuses by the king's tax collectors.
(c) A riot in London.
(d) King Louis' judgment.
3. How does Nell de Montfort complicate a peace between England and France?
(a) By waging a war of her own against the English.
(b) By refusing to hand over some castles.
(c) By paying taxes to neither crown.
(d) By interrupting the negotiations.
4. Why does Henry want to stop at Evesham?
(a) To sleep inside.
(b) To attend mass.
(c) To see a mistress.
(d) To attack Simon's army.
5. Who attacks the Queen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the king's response to the complaints made about Simon?
2. What kind of trouble is King Henry having at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. Where does Simon find Henry holed up?
4. Where is Edward trapped?
5. What does Llewelyn give Davydd?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the destruction of Bran de Montfort's army at Kenilworth.
2. What brings Simon to renounce his loyalty to King Henry?
3. How does Edward raise an army?
4. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
5. Why doesn't Nell de Montfort turn over castles as required by treaty, and what happens to resolve this issue?
6. What is going on in Wales as the tensions escalate between King Henry and Simon over the Oxford Provisions?
7. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
8. What is Henry's response to Simon's attempts to enforce the Oxford Provisions?
9. How is Simon's army nearly wiped out?
10. What judgment is made in the case?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)