|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bran's army outside the walls of Kenilworth?
(a) To enjoy the cool river.
(b) To protect the inhabitants of the city.
(c) To gather wood and food.
(d) To betray them to Edward's army.
2. What kind of trouble is King Henry having at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Political trouble.
(b) Women trouble.
(c) Money trouble.
(d) Health trouble.
3. What have Henry's barons been trying to convince him to do?
(a) Stop supporting the Lusignans.
(b) Return the Lusignan territory to France.
(c) Absorb the Lusignans' territories.
(d) War against the Lusignan family.
4. What do Davydd and Owain want to gain by invading Gwynedd?
(a) They want to rule Wales.
(b) They want to deliver Wales to England.
(c) They want Llewelyn to split his lands between his brothers.
(d) They want to unify Wales against England.
5. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
(a) Surround Henry's position.
(b) Pledge themselves to be Henry's loyal subjects.
(c) Vow to kill Henry or die trying.
(d) Renounce their loyalty to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Simon's army attempt to escape?
2. What is the verdict of mediation between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
3. What are Edward's plans with regard to Wales?
4. How does Nell react to the death of her husband?
5. What did the Oxford Provisions prohibit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the destruction of Bran de Montfort's army at Kenilworth.
2. What is Henry's response to Simon's attempts to enforce the Oxford Provisions?
3. How does Edward raise an army?
4. How does is Edward treated when he is trapped him at Gloucester Castle?
5. How is Simon's army nearly wiped out?
6. What brings Simon to renounce his loyalty to King Henry?
7. How does Simon's defeat affect Llewelyn and Nell?
8. What judgment is made in the case?
9. Describe the fight that leads to Henry's surrender.
10. What happens to Simon's body after death?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)