|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Simon's plan to escape?
(a) A standoff that lasts for months.
(b) It fails and Simon surrenders to save the army.
(c) Most of the army escapes.
(d) The army is slaughtered.
2. What do Prince Edward and Simon work together to do?
(a) Get the king to abide by the Oxford Provisions.
(b) Declare war against France.
(c) Conquer all of the British Isles.
(d) Undermine the Oxford Provisions.
3. What is Simon involved in when he hears of the illness of his daughter?
(a) Military planning.
(b) A military campaign.
(c) Financial negotiations.
(d) Political meetings.
4. What is the verdict of mediation between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(a) Henry and Simon are told to share power.
(b) Parliament will have power now.
(c) Henry is told to leave the country.
(d) Louis finds for Henry.
5. What argument is made in answer to the complaints?
(a) That Simon has the right as seneschal to do what he likes.
(b) That the lords are too well taken care of, and are getting spoiled.
(c) That the lords themselves were corrupt.
(d) That Simon was only doing what was necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry want to stop at Evesham?
2. What does Henry tell Simon in his letter?
3. What does Simon assemble in 1263?
4. What gives Simon cause to worry after his victory?
5. What happens to Nell after Simon's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Oxford Provisions change?
2. Why doesn't Nell de Montfort turn over castles as required by treaty, and what happens to resolve this issue?
3. Describe the fight that leads to Henry's surrender.
4. Under what condition does Simon ultimately quit Gascony?
5. What is Simon's role in the controversy over the Lusignans?
6. What judgment is made in the case?
7. How does Edward raise an army?
8. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
9. What problems does Simon encounter after subduing King Henry?
10. What are the conditions Simon imposes on King Henry when he triumphs over him?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)