|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon have the chance to do, but turns it down?
(a) Depose the king.
(b) Rule France.
(c) Raise an army against King Henry.
(d) Be seneschal for the French King.
2. What is Simon involved in when he hears of the illness of his daughter?
(a) Political meetings.
(b) Military planning.
(c) A military campaign.
(d) Financial negotiations.
3. Who mediates between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(c) Bran de Montfort.
(d) King Louis.
4. What does Davydd hope he can do in Wales?
(a) Free Owain.
(b) Unite the people.
(c) Become more powerful.
(d) Pose a threat to the king.
5. What is the result of Simon's plan to escape?
(a) It fails and Simon surrenders to save the army.
(b) The army is slaughtered.
(c) A standoff that lasts for months.
(d) Most of the army escapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nell de Montfort complicate a peace between England and France?
2. What is the result of the debate over Simon?
3. What authority has stood behind the Lusignans?
4. What argument is made in answer to the complaints?
5. What happens when the King agrees to Simon's demands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Nell de Montfort turn over castles as required by treaty, and what happens to resolve this issue?
2. Why do Owain and Davydd invade Gwynedd?
3. How is Simon's army nearly wiped out?
4. What do the Oxford Provisions change?
5. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
6. What are the conditions Simon imposes on King Henry when he triumphs over him?
7. Describe the fight that leads to Henry's surrender.
8. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
9. What happens to Simon's body after death?
10. What is Edward's role in the opposition between Simon and King Henry?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)