|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Llewelyn want Davydd to see?
(a) His reasons for ruling with leniency.
(b) The desirability of unity with England.
(c) The need for local power in the lords.
(d) The importance of unifying Wales.
2. What have Henry's barons been trying to convince him to do?
(a) War against the Lusignan family.
(b) Stop supporting the Lusignans.
(c) Absorb the Lusignans' territories.
(d) Return the Lusignan territory to France.
3. What are Edward's plans with regard to Wales?
4. What does Llewelyn give Davydd?
(b) Transportation out of Wales in exile.
(c) A share of his power.
(d) An army.
5. Why is Henry in the Tower of London?
(a) For his role in Gruffydd's death.
(b) For his opposition to the Lusignans.
(c) As punishment for his support of the Barons' crimes.
(d) For fear of Simon's army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are members of the council in the Oxford Provisions?
2. Where is Edward trapped?
3. Who attacks the Queen?
4. Why does Henry want to stop at Evesham?
5. What does Simon do with the organization he builds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Simon's role in the controversy over the Lusignans?
2. Describe the fight that leads to Henry's surrender.
3. What is going on in Wales as the tensions escalate between King Henry and Simon over the Oxford Provisions?
4. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
5. Why doesn't Nell de Montfort turn over castles as required by treaty, and what happens to resolve this issue?
6. What happens to Simon's body after death?
7. Describe the destruction of Bran de Montfort's army at Kenilworth.
8. What is the outcome of Owain and Davydd's fight for Gwynedd?
9. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
10. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)