|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
(a) Pledge themselves to be Henry's loyal subjects.
(b) Vow to kill Henry or die trying.
(c) Renounce their loyalty to him.
(d) Surround Henry's position.
2. How does Edward's army defeat Simon's at Evesham?
(a) They approach silently at dawn.
(b) They approach flying Bran's standards.
(c) They send false reports of peace in the outskirts of the town.
(d) They disguise themselves with captured uniforms from Bran's army.
3. What does Edward end up with after fighting Bran's army?
(a) Their banners.
(b) Power of England and France.
(c) The ability to protect Henry from the Barons.
(d) Power to revoke the Oxford Provisions.
4. What does Simon ask Llewelyn for?
(a) An army.
(b) A place to keep Edward imprisoned.
(c) Help with Edward.
5. What does Davydd hope he can do in Wales?
(a) Unite the people.
(b) Free Owain.
(c) Become more powerful.
(d) Pose a threat to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bran's army outside the walls of Kenilworth?
2. Why does Harry de Montfort let Edward go?
3. What kind of trouble is King Henry having at the beginning of Chapter 19?
4. What happens to Simon's daughter by the time he gets home?
5. What happens when the King agrees to Simon's demands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Nell de Montfort turn over castles as required by treaty, and what happens to resolve this issue?
2. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
3. What problems does Simon confront after his victory over Henry?
4. How does is Edward treated when he is trapped him at Gloucester Castle?
5. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
6. What brings Simon to renounce his loyalty to King Henry?
7. Why do Owain and Davydd invade Gwynedd?
8. Under what condition does Simon ultimately quit Gascony?
9. What is going on in Wales as the tensions escalate between King Henry and Simon over the Oxford Provisions?
10. What is Simon's defense to the lords' accusations?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)