|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the Lusignans been doing, when Nell and Richard approach them?
(a) Warring against each other.
(b) Opposing the king.
(c) Stealing and killing.
(d) Remaining aloof and neutral.
2. How is Simon's leg broken?
(a) When he trips down a flight of stairs in the palace.
(b) In an assassination attempt.
(c) Falling from a horse.
(d) In battle.
3. How does Simon's army attempt to escape?
(a) By subterfuge.
(b) By withstanding a siege.
(c) By concentrating on one spot in the lines.
(d) By surrendering.
4. Who rescues the Queen from the attack?
(a) King Henry.
(c) King Louis.
(d) Thomas Fitz Thomas.
5. Who attacks the Queen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Simon's body after his death?
2. What does his trouble impinge upon?
3. How are Nell's issues handled?
4. What does Simon have the chance to do, but turns it down?
5. How does Bran de Montfort squash Edward's escape attempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome of Owain and Davydd's fight for Gwynedd?
2. How does Simon's defeat affect Llewelyn and Nell?
3. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
4. What problems does Simon confront after his victory over Henry?
5. What is going on in Wales as the tensions escalate between King Henry and Simon over the Oxford Provisions?
6. How does is Edward treated when he is trapped him at Gloucester Castle?
7. What is Henry's response to Simon's attempts to enforce the Oxford Provisions?
8. What is Edward's role in the opposition between Simon and King Henry?
9. What is Simon's role in the controversy over the Lusignans?
10. Describe the destruction of Bran de Montfort's army at Kenilworth.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)