|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
(a) Pledge themselves to be Henry's loyal subjects.
(b) Renounce their loyalty to him.
(c) Surround Henry's position.
(d) Vow to kill Henry or die trying.
2. What is the king's response to the complaints made about Simon?
(a) He leaves Simon in charge.
(b) He sends a new seneschal to rule.
(c) He keeps Simon's children as hostages.
(d) He limits Simon's power.
3. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
(a) People think he was a French stooge.
(b) People think he was corrupt and weak.
(c) People think he was a saint.
(d) People think he was in league with Edward.
4. Where does Edward join King Henry?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In the palace where they are taken prisoner.
(c) In Dover, where they are kept as prisoners together after the battle.
(d) In the church where he surrenders.
5. Who mediates between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(a) King Louis.
(d) Bran de Montfort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Llewelyn agree to do, at the end of Chapter 23?
2. Where does the meeting of barons take place?
3. What happens to Nell after Simon's death?
4. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
5. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the destruction of Bran de Montfort's army at Kenilworth.
2. What is the outcome of Owain and Davydd's fight for Gwynedd?
3. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
4. What is Edward's role in the opposition between Simon and King Henry?
5. What is Simon's role in the controversy over the Lusignans?
6. How does Edward raise an army?
7. Why doesn't Nell de Montfort turn over castles as required by treaty, and what happens to resolve this issue?
8. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
9. What happens to Simon's body after death?
10. What do the Oxford Provisions change?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)