|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Simon have a falling out?
(b) Earl of Chester.
(c) Earl of Gloucester.
(d) Bran de Montfort.
2. What is the result of the debate over Simon?
(a) He is found guilty.
(b) The trial is abandoned and rescheduled.
(c) Simon has to leave to put down a rebellion.
(d) He is found innocent.
3. Why does Henry want to stop at Evesham?
(a) To attend mass.
(b) To sleep inside.
(c) To see a mistress.
(d) To attack Simon's army.
4. Where does Simon find Henry holed up?
5. What does Simon have to do after the victory over Henry?
(a) Establish the rule of law.
(b) Defend his gains from other countries' armies.
(c) Negotiate with Parliament.
(d) Squash rebellions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell Simon in his letter?
2. What does Nell do for Elen's children?
3. What does Simon do with the organization he builds?
4. How is Simon's leg broken?
5. What gives Simon cause to worry after his victory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is going on in Wales as the tensions escalate between King Henry and Simon over the Oxford Provisions?
2. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
3. Why do Owain and Davydd invade Gwynedd?
4. What are the conditions Simon imposes on King Henry when he triumphs over him?
5. Why doesn't Nell de Montfort turn over castles as required by treaty, and what happens to resolve this issue?
6. What problems does Simon encounter after subduing King Henry?
7. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
8. What happens to Simon's body after death?
9. What judgment is made in the case?
10. How does Simon's defeat affect Llewelyn and Nell?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)