|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
(a) Religious persecution.
(b) Civil war.
(c) New taxes.
(d) A set of guidelines.
2. How does Edward's army defeat Simon's at Evesham?
(a) They send false reports of peace in the outskirts of the town.
(b) They approach silently at dawn.
(c) They approach flying Bran's standards.
(d) They disguise themselves with captured uniforms from Bran's army.
3. What additional oversight will the government be subjected to, as a result of the Oxford Provisions?
(a) A council of international advisors.
(b) Oversight by a new class of experts and bureaucrats.
(c) A more active parliament.
(d) International audits.
4. What is the king's response to the complaints made about Simon?
(a) He limits Simon's power.
(b) He leaves Simon in charge.
(c) He keeps Simon's children as hostages.
(d) He sends a new seneschal to rule.
5. How does Edward try to help Henry raise an army?
(a) By robbing a local temple of the Knights Templar.
(b) By going to war with Spain.
(c) By selling castles to barons.
(d) By impressing foreigners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mediates between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
2. Who rescues the Queen from the attack?
3. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
4. What happens when the King agrees to Simon's demands?
5. What does Llewelyn give Davydd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Simon's defense to the lords' accusations?
2. What judgment is made in the case?
3. How is Simon's army nearly wiped out?
4. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
5. Why do Owain and Davydd invade Gwynedd?
6. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
7. How does Edward raise an army?
8. What brings Simon to renounce his loyalty to King Henry?
9. What happens to Simon's body after death?
10. What is the outcome of Owain and Davydd's fight for Gwynedd?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)