|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Henry's barons been trying to convince him to do?
(a) Absorb the Lusignans' territories.
(b) Stop supporting the Lusignans.
(c) War against the Lusignan family.
(d) Return the Lusignan territory to France.
2. What is the result of Simon's plan to escape?
(a) It fails and Simon surrenders to save the army.
(b) The army is slaughtered.
(c) Most of the army escapes.
(d) A standoff that lasts for months.
3. What do Davydd and Owain want to gain by invading Gwynedd?
(a) They want to unify Wales against England.
(b) They want to deliver Wales to England.
(c) They want to rule Wales.
(d) They want Llewelyn to split his lands between his brothers.
4. What does Henry tell Simon in his letter?
(a) He wants a truce.
(b) He wants Simon to surrender.
(c) He refuses a truce.
(d) He wants to negotiate.
5. Who mediates between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(a) King Louis.
(d) Bran de Montfort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Simon commits his whole force to the attack?
2. What does Llewelyn want Davydd to see?
3. What are Edward's plans with regard to Wales?
4. What happens when Edward shows up at Kenilworth?
5. What does Llewelyn agree to do, at the end of Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry's response to Simon's attempts to enforce the Oxford Provisions?
2. Why doesn't Nell de Montfort turn over castles as required by treaty, and what happens to resolve this issue?
3. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
4. Why do Owain and Davydd invade Gwynedd?
5. What problems does Simon encounter after subduing King Henry?
6. What is Simon's role in the controversy over the Lusignans?
7. What is Simon's defense to the lords' accusations?
8. What is going on in Wales as the tensions escalate between King Henry and Simon over the Oxford Provisions?
9. What do the Oxford Provisions change?
10. What is the outcome of Owain and Davydd's fight for Gwynedd?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)