|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Edward shows up at Kenilworth?
(a) Edward is killed in the fighting.
(b) Bran's army retreats inside the castle, and a futile siege begins.
(c) Bran's army is routed.
(d) Bran triumphs over Edward's army.
2. What do Nell and Richard try to convince Guy de Lusignan to do?
(a) Give them shelter.
(b) Rein in his siblings' behavior.
(c) Betray his siblings.
(d) Join them against the King.
3. Why is Bran's army outside the walls of Kenilworth?
(a) To protect the inhabitants of the city.
(b) To gather wood and food.
(c) To enjoy the cool river.
(d) To betray them to Edward's army.
4. What do Davydd and Owain want to gain by invading Gwynedd?
(a) They want to rule Wales.
(b) They want Llewelyn to split his lands between his brothers.
(c) They want to deliver Wales to England.
(d) They want to unify Wales against England.
5. What does his trouble impinge upon?
(a) His celebration of Epiphany.
(b) His mobility.
(c) His sleep.
(d) His authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edward join King Henry?
2. What have Henry's barons been trying to convince him to do?
3. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
4. Why does Henry want to stop at Evesham?
5. How does Nell de Montfort complicate a peace between England and France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Edward's role in the opposition between Simon and King Henry?
2. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
3. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
4. Why do Owain and Davydd invade Gwynedd?
5. What problems does Simon confront after his victory over Henry?
6. What is Henry's response to Simon's attempts to enforce the Oxford Provisions?
7. How is Simon's army nearly wiped out?
8. Under what condition does Simon ultimately quit Gascony?
9. What brings Simon to renounce his loyalty to King Henry?
10. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)