|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon ask Llewelyn for?
(a) A place to keep Edward imprisoned.
(b) Help with Edward.
(d) An army.
2. What do Davydd and Owain want to gain by invading Gwynedd?
(a) They want to unify Wales against England.
(b) They want Llewelyn to split his lands between his brothers.
(c) They want to deliver Wales to England.
(d) They want to rule Wales.
3. What does Henry tell Simon in his letter?
(a) He wants to negotiate.
(b) He wants Simon to surrender.
(c) He wants a truce.
(d) He refuses a truce.
4. Where is Edward trapped?
(b) London Tower.
(d) Gloucester Castle.
5. What does Llewelyn agree to do, at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) Pursue his claim to power in England.
(b) Keep Owain as a hostage.
(c) Divide Wales.
(d) Free Davydd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Simon's daughter by the time he gets home?
2. Where does the meeting of barons take place?
3. What is Simon accused of?
4. Who is the head of the barons who are frustrated by the Lusignans?
5. How does Edward learn that Bran's army is exposed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
2. What are the conditions Simon imposes on King Henry when he triumphs over him?
3. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
4. How does Edward raise an army?
5. What is Simon's role in the controversy over the Lusignans?
6. What brings Simon to renounce his loyalty to King Henry?
7. What is the outcome of Owain and Davydd's fight for Gwynedd?
8. What do the Oxford Provisions change?
9. Why do Owain and Davydd invade Gwynedd?
10. What is going on in Wales as the tensions escalate between King Henry and Simon over the Oxford Provisions?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)