|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the King agrees to Simon's demands?
(a) Simon raises an army against him.
(b) Simon refuses to return to England.
(c) Simon hands over conspirators working against the king.
(d) Simon makes new demands.
2. What is Simon accused of?
(a) Arresting people without trial.
(c) Draught and famine.
3. What does Simon assemble in 1263?
(a) A governing council.
(b) An army.
(c) A navy.
(d) An international consensus.
4. Where does the meeting of barons take place?
5. What happens when Edward shows up at Kenilworth?
(a) Bran's army retreats inside the castle, and a futile siege begins.
(b) Bran triumphs over Edward's army.
(c) Bran's army is routed.
(d) Edward is killed in the fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Oxford Provisions prohibit?
2. How does Edward get into Northampton to attack Simon's army?
3. What do Davydd and Owain want to gain by invading Gwynedd?
4. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
5. What are the terms Simon give Henry in surrender?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fight that leads to Henry's surrender.
2. How is Simon's army nearly wiped out?
3. What problems does Simon encounter after subduing King Henry?
4. What is the outcome of Owain and Davydd's fight for Gwynedd?
5. What do the Oxford Provisions change?
6. What judgment is made in the case?
7. What is Henry's response to Simon's attempts to enforce the Oxford Provisions?
8. Why do Owain and Davydd invade Gwynedd?
9. What happens to Simon's body after death?
10. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)