|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the debate over Simon?
(a) Simon has to leave to put down a rebellion.
(b) He is found guilty.
(c) He is found innocent.
(d) The trial is abandoned and rescheduled.
2. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
(a) People think he was in league with Edward.
(b) People think he was a saint.
(c) People think he was a French stooge.
(d) People think he was corrupt and weak.
3. How does Nell de Montfort complicate a peace between England and France?
(a) By interrupting the negotiations.
(b) By waging a war of her own against the English.
(c) By refusing to hand over some castles.
(d) By paying taxes to neither crown.
4. Under what condition does Simon say he will leave his post?
(a) If Henry pays his debts.
(b) If Henry gives him an income.
(c) If Henry makes him a royal counselor.
(d) If Henry finds him a better position elsewhere.
5. With whom does Simon have a falling out?
(a) Earl of Chester.
(b) Bran de Montfort.
(d) Earl of Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parliament struggle to determine?
2. How does Edward's army defeat Simon's at Evesham?
3. What is Simon accused of?
4. What argument is made in answer to the complaints?
5. What is Henry's response to the outcome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Simon's defense to the lords' accusations?
2. What is going on in Wales as the tensions escalate between King Henry and Simon over the Oxford Provisions?
3. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
4. What is Henry's response to Simon's attempts to enforce the Oxford Provisions?
5. What do the Oxford Provisions change?
6. How is Simon's army nearly wiped out?
7. What are the conditions Simon imposes on King Henry when he triumphs over him?
8. What judgment is made in the case?
9. What happens to Simon's body after death?
10. What problems does Simon encounter after subduing King Henry?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)