|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Simon involved in when he hears of the illness of his daughter?
(a) Political meetings.
(b) Financial negotiations.
(c) A military campaign.
(d) Military planning.
2. Why is Henry in the Tower of London?
(a) As punishment for his support of the Barons' crimes.
(b) For his opposition to the Lusignans.
(c) For his role in Gruffydd's death.
(d) For fear of Simon's army.
3. Why does Harry de Montfort let Edward go?
(a) Because they were friends.
(b) Because he was weak.
(c) Because he was deceived.
(d) Because he wants peace.
4. How does Edward's army defeat Simon's at Evesham?
(a) They approach silently at dawn.
(b) They send false reports of peace in the outskirts of the town.
(c) They approach flying Bran's standards.
(d) They disguise themselves with captured uniforms from Bran's army.
5. What happens in the first wave of the attack?
(a) King Henry surrenders.
(b) Simon's knights pin Edward in the city.
(c) Edward turns the attackers back, and follows them into the woods.
(d) Simon's army is routed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
2. What does Llewelyn agree to do, at the end of Chapter 23?
3. What does Simon have the chance to do, but turns it down?
4. What does his trouble impinge upon?
5. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)