|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward end up with after fighting Bran's army?
(a) Their banners.
(b) Power of England and France.
(c) Power to revoke the Oxford Provisions.
(d) The ability to protect Henry from the Barons.
2. How is Simon's leg broken?
(a) In battle.
(b) When he trips down a flight of stairs in the palace.
(c) In an assassination attempt.
(d) Falling from a horse.
3. What is the king's response to the complaints made about Simon?
(a) He keeps Simon's children as hostages.
(b) He leaves Simon in charge.
(c) He sends a new seneschal to rule.
(d) He limits Simon's power.
4. Who is the head of the barons who are frustrated by the Lusignans?
5. What does Simon ask Llewelyn for?
(a) An army.
(b) Help with Edward.
(d) A place to keep Edward imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Edward shows up at Kenilworth?
2. What are the terms Simon give Henry in surrender?
3. Where is Edward trapped?
4. Why is Henry in the Tower of London?
5. What is Simon accused of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What judgment is made in the case?
2. Describe the fight that leads to Henry's surrender.
3. What problems does Simon encounter after subduing King Henry?
4. How does Edward raise an army?
5. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
6. What is Edward's role in the opposition between Simon and King Henry?
7. What is Simon's role in the controversy over the Lusignans?
8. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
9. What happens to Simon's body after death?
10. Under what condition does Simon ultimately quit Gascony?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)