|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Simon involved in when he hears of the illness of his daughter?
(a) Financial negotiations.
(b) Military planning.
(c) Political meetings.
(d) A military campaign.
2. How many people are members of the council in the Oxford Provisions?
3. What brings Nell back to England?
(a) Simon's political troubles.
(b) Financial difficulties.
(d) Elen's pregnancy.
4. What have the Lusignans been doing, when Nell and Richard approach them?
(a) Opposing the king.
(b) Remaining aloof and neutral.
(c) Warring against each other.
(d) Stealing and killing.
5. Who is almost trapped when Londoners lock the drawbridge in the up position?
(b) King Henry.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Edward's plans with regard to Wales?
2. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
3. What does Simon have to do after the victory over Henry?
4. Why can Henry not raise an army of his own?
5. What have Henry's barons been trying to convince him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Simon encounter after subduing King Henry?
2. What is Simon's role in the controversy over the Lusignans?
3. How does Edward raise an army?
4. What judgment is made in the case?
5. What problems does Simon confront after his victory over Henry?
6. What is Henry's response to Simon's attempts to enforce the Oxford Provisions?
7. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
8. What do the Oxford Provisions change?
9. How does is Edward treated when he is trapped him at Gloucester Castle?
10. What is Edward's role in the opposition between Simon and King Henry?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)