|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry in the Tower of London?
(a) For his opposition to the Lusignans.
(b) For his role in Gruffydd's death.
(c) As punishment for his support of the Barons' crimes.
(d) For fear of Simon's army.
2. What does Parliament struggle to determine?
(a) How to protect against an invasion from France.
(b) What to do about Wales.
(c) Whether to abolish the monarchy.
(d) What powers Henry should have.
3. What does Davydd hope he can do in Wales?
(a) Pose a threat to the king.
(b) Become more powerful.
(c) Free Owain.
(d) Unite the people.
4. What is Simon accused of?
(a) Treating the lords unfairly.
(b) Changing the laws without due process.
(c) Betraying the king.
(d) Stealing from the king.
5. What authority has stood behind the Lusignans?
(a) King Henry's.
(b) The Pope's.
(d) King John's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Simon find Henry holed up?
2. What happens in the first wave of the attack?
3. What are the terms Simon give Henry in surrender?
4. What does Simon ask Llewelyn for?
5. Where does the meeting of barons take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Simon's body after death?
2. What judgment is made in the case?
3. Why doesn't Nell de Montfort turn over castles as required by treaty, and what happens to resolve this issue?
4. What is Edward's role in the opposition between Simon and King Henry?
5. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
6. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
7. What problems does Simon confront after his victory over Henry?
8. Why do Owain and Davydd invade Gwynedd?
9. Under what condition does Simon ultimately quit Gascony?
10. How does Simon's defeat affect Llewelyn and Nell?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)