|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edward's army defeat Simon's at Evesham?
(a) They approach flying Bran's standards.
(b) They approach silently at dawn.
(c) They send false reports of peace in the outskirts of the town.
(d) They disguise themselves with captured uniforms from Bran's army.
2. What has happened to Simon's body after his death?
(a) It is sanctified.
(b) It is mutilated.
(c) It is cremated at a big funeral.
(d) It is buried in holy ground.
3. What does Llewelyn agree to do, at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) Divide Wales.
(b) Pursue his claim to power in England.
(c) Free Davydd.
(d) Keep Owain as a hostage.
4. What is the verdict of mediation between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(a) Louis finds for Henry.
(b) Parliament will have power now.
(c) Henry and Simon are told to share power.
(d) Henry is told to leave the country.
5. How does Edward get into Northampton to attack Simon's army?
(a) Inhabitants of the city defeated Simons army and then opened the gates.
(b) A monk weakened the wall.
(c) He batters down the walls.
(d) Simon thought he was letting him in for a negotiation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the head of the barons who are frustrated by the Lusignans?
2. What is the result of the debate over Simon?
3. What does his trouble impinge upon?
4. What argument is made in answer to the complaints?
5. What does Simon have to do after the victory over Henry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what condition does Simon ultimately quit Gascony?
2. What is Henry's response to Simon's attempts to enforce the Oxford Provisions?
3. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
4. What do the Oxford Provisions change?
5. How does Simon's defeat affect Llewelyn and Nell?
6. What are the conditions Simon imposes on King Henry when he triumphs over him?
7. What is going on in Wales as the tensions escalate between King Henry and Simon over the Oxford Provisions?
8. What is Simon's role in the controversy over the Lusignans?
9. What problems does Simon confront after his victory over Henry?
10. Describe the fight that leads to Henry's surrender.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)