|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What additional oversight will the government be subjected to, as a result of the Oxford Provisions?
(a) International audits.
(b) A council of international advisors.
(c) A more active parliament.
(d) Oversight by a new class of experts and bureaucrats.
2. Why does Harry de Montfort let Edward go?
(a) Because he wants peace.
(b) Because he was deceived.
(c) Because they were friends.
(d) Because he was weak.
3. Why is Bran's army outside the walls of Kenilworth?
(a) To protect the inhabitants of the city.
(b) To enjoy the cool river.
(c) To gather wood and food.
(d) To betray them to Edward's army.
4. What argument is made in answer to the complaints?
(a) That the lords themselves were corrupt.
(b) That Simon has the right as seneschal to do what he likes.
(c) That the lords are too well taken care of, and are getting spoiled.
(d) That Simon was only doing what was necessary.
5. How does the falling out affect Edward?
(a) He is killed by Simon.
(b) He is set free by Bran de Montfort.
(c) He is exiled to France.
(d) He is set free by the Earl of Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Simon called to England again?
2. What is the result of Simon's plan to escape?
3. What gives Simon cause to worry after his victory?
4. How many people are members of the council in the Oxford Provisions?
5. What is Henry's response to the outcome?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Simon's defeat affect Llewelyn and Nell?
2. What judgment is made in the case?
3. Why doesn't Nell de Montfort turn over castles as required by treaty, and what happens to resolve this issue?
4. Under what condition does Simon ultimately quit Gascony?
5. Why do Owain and Davydd invade Gwynedd?
6. What is Edward's role in the opposition between Simon and King Henry?
7. What is Henry's response to Simon's attempts to enforce the Oxford Provisions?
8. What brings Simon to renounce his loyalty to King Henry?
9. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
10. How does is Edward treated when he is trapped him at Gloucester Castle?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)