|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward end up with after fighting Bran's army?
(a) Power of England and France.
(b) Power to revoke the Oxford Provisions.
(c) The ability to protect Henry from the Barons.
(d) Their banners.
2. What news does Edward give the de Montforts and Hal Planate genet?
(a) Henry is having trouble with the barons.
(b) Wales is fragmenting.
(c) Wales is unifying.
(d) Henry is becoming too powerful.
3. What has happened to Simon's body after his death?
(a) It is mutilated.
(b) It is cremated at a big funeral.
(c) It is sanctified.
(d) It is buried in holy ground.
4. Who is the head of the barons who are frustrated by the Lusignans?
5. Where does Edward join King Henry?
(a) In the palace where they are taken prisoner.
(b) In the church where he surrenders.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In Dover, where they are kept as prisoners together after the battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Llewelyn agree to do, at the end of Chapter 23?
2. How does Nell react to the death of her husband?
3. What does Llewelyn give Davydd?
4. What happens to Nell after Simon's death?
5. What kind of trouble is King Henry having at the beginning of Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry's response to Simon's attempts to enforce the Oxford Provisions?
2. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
3. What problems does Simon confront after his victory over Henry?
4. What is going on in Wales as the tensions escalate between King Henry and Simon over the Oxford Provisions?
5. What is Edward's role in the opposition between Simon and King Henry?
6. Describe the defeat of Simon's army at Evesham.
7. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
8. What judgment is made in the case?
9. What problems does Simon encounter after subduing King Henry?
10. Describe the fight that leads to Henry's surrender.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)