|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
(b) Refugee problems.
2. What happens when Gruffydd wakes to see his son in the room?
(a) He threatens him.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He blinds him.
3. Who is Rhodri?
(a) Llelo's uncle.
(b) Llewelyn's nephew.
(c) Davydd's son.
(d) Gruffydd's son.
4. What do the English lose in battle?
(a) Vital high ground.
(d) Whole companies of men.
5. Who does Simon de Montfort visit at the beginning of Falls the Shadow?
(a) Earl of Chester.
(b) Llewelyn ap Gruffydd.
(d) King John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Llanfaes?
2. When did Llelo spend a lot of time with his grandfather?
3. What is Llelo afraid of at the beginning of chapter 3?
4. What happens when Simon de Montfort finds Nell's bedchamber?
5. Who prevented Henry from imprisoning Simon and Nell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn change in Chapter 3?
2. What is Llewelyn's response to Johanna's death?
3. What happens when Gruffydd and Owain try to escape from captivity?
4. What is the consequence of Henry's war with the French?
5. Why is Nell concerned when she is in Sicily, waiting for her husband?
6. Describe the courtship of Nell and Simon de Montfort.
7. Who are Llelo's parents, and what status does this give him?
8. What does Davydd give up when he surrenders to King Henry?
9. How does Davydd capture Gruffydd and Owain?
10. How does Elen react to John the Scot's death?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)