|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Llewelyn Fawr get when Llelo is visiting?
(a) That Llelo's father has left for war.
(b) That his wife is dying.
(c) That his wife has died.
(d) That he is going to be arrested.
2. How does Llewelyn Fawr's decision to build at Llanfaes affect his son Gruffydd?
(a) Gruffydd is saddened.
(b) Gruffydd is satisfied.
(c) Gruffydd is relieved.
(d) Gruffydd is outraged.
3. What happens when Simon de Montfort finds Nell's bedchamber?
(a) They do not make love.
(b) She captures him.
(c) He makes love with her.
(d) He rapes her.
4. Whose assistance will be used to fight Senena and her supporters?
(b) Llewelyn Fawr's.
(c) The Pope's.
(d) King Henry's.
5. What has Davydd done to Gruffydd and Owain?
(a) Poisoned them.
(b) Hidden them.
(c) Drugged them.
(d) Kidnapped them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose wedding do Simon de Montfort and Nell prepare to attend?
2. What has Llelo just had difficulty doing?
3. Who does Simon de Montfort visit at the beginning of Falls the Shadow?
4. What does England gain as part of the surrender?
5. Who is missing from Llewelyn's deathbed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the courtship of Nell and Simon de Montfort.
2. Who attends Llewelyn and Owain's surrender to King Henry?
3. What happens when Simon de Montfort returns to Henry's court?
4. Why is Nell concerned when she is in Sicily, waiting for her husband?
5. How does King Henry respond when it becomes clear that his sister is not pregnant?
6. What is Simon de Montfort's effect on John the Scot's household?
7. Describe Davydd's treatment after he surrenders to King Henry.
8. What happens when Llewelyn's health begins to deteriorate?
9. Describe Johanna's death.
10. What does Llelo see that he is not supposed to see, and what does his father make him do?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)