|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation is the person Simon de Montfort meets to the King Henry III?
2. What do the English lose in battle?
(a) Whole companies of men.
(b) Vital high ground.
3. What do Gruffydd and Owain plan to use for escape?
(a) Knives made from cutlery.
(c) Forged documents.
(d) A rope made from bedding.
4. What was Senena going to provide for Gruffydd and Owain's escape?
(a) A small force.
(c) A boat.
5. What happens when Gruffydd wakes to see his son in the room?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He threatens him.
(c) He kills him.
(d) He blinds him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nell afraid for?
2. Who is Nell?
3. What news does Nell get of her sister?
4. What does Gruffydd make his son do?
5. What is John suffering from when Elen and Nell arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Llelo's relationship with his grandfather a secret?
2. Describe the fight that leads to Henry's surrender.
3. How is Simon's army nearly wiped out?
4. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
5. Why is Henry unhappy about Nell's marriage to Simon?
6. Describe the 1245 war between England and Wales.
7. What happens with Kenilworth's surrender in 1267?
8. How does Edward raise an army?
9. What happens when Simon de Montfort returns to Henry's court?
10. How does the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn change in Chapter 3?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)