|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consequence is Elen warned she will suffer?
2. What does Nell's servant warn her against?
(a) Betraying her husband.
(b) Making love with Simon de Montfort.
(c) Losing her inheritance.
(d) Upsetting her mother.
3. What does Llewelyn Fawr build at Llanfaes?
(a) A castle.
(b) A church.
(c) A prison.
(d) A friary.
4. What does Gruffydd tell his father he is happy about?
(a) Gruffydd has been forgiven.
(b) Gruffydd has been given territories.
(c) Llewelyn is up and walking.
(d) Llewelyn has included him in his estate.
5. When did Llelo spend a lot of time with his grandfather?
(a) When his father was sick.
(b) When his father was in prison.
(c) When his father was at the war.
(d) When his father was visiting the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation is the person Simon de Montfort meets to the King Henry III?
2. What are Elen's feelings on her husband's death?
3. What territory does Gruffydd want?
4. Where does Falls the Shadow lie in relation to the other books in the series?
5. Whom does Senena convince her husband's supporters to oppose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nell concerned when she is in Sicily, waiting for her husband?
2. How does Elen react to John the Scot's death?
3. What happens when Gruffydd and Owain try to escape from captivity?
4. What is the consequence of Henry's war with the French?
5. Describe Johanna's death.
6. What does Llelo see that he is not supposed to see, and what does his father make him do?
7. Why is Henry unhappy about Nell's marriage to Simon?
8. Who attends Llewelyn and Owain's surrender to King Henry?
9. What is Gruffydd preparing to fight for, and how do his preparations affect Davydd's plans?
10. How does the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn change in Chapter 3?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)