|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Llanfaes?
(b) Johanna's parents' estate.
(c) A castle where Johanna was imprisoned.
(d) A summer cottage.
2. Whom does Senena convince her husband's supporters to oppose?
(c) King Henry.
3. How does Gruffydd's happiness with things affect the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn?
(a) The bitterness between them cannot be overcome.
(b) Llewelyn distrusts Gruffydd because of his happiness.
(c) They lay aside their differences.
(d) Llewelyn is angry to see Gruffydd gloating.
4. Whose assistance will be used to fight Senena and her supporters?
(a) Llewelyn Fawr's.
(b) The Pope's.
(d) King Henry's.
5. Why is Henry angry with Simon?
(a) Simon had once been allied against him.
(b) Simon owes money to the heirs of the Earl of Chester.
(c) Simon had warred against him.
(d) Simon had made advances toward his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gruffydd die?
2. Who is Rhodri?
3. What happens to lift Nell's mood?
4. What are Elen's feelings on her husband's death?
5. What is Elen expecting in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elen react to John the Scot's death?
2. Describe Davydd's treatment after he surrenders to King Henry.
3. How does King Henry respond when it becomes clear that his sister is not pregnant?
4. What does Davydd give up when he surrenders to King Henry?
5. What is Llewelyn's response to Johanna's death?
6. Why is Henry unhappy about Nell's marriage to Simon?
7. Describe the 1245 war between England and Wales.
8. Describe the courtship of Nell and Simon de Montfort.
9. Why is Llelo's relationship with his grandfather a secret?
10. Who are Llelo's parents, and what status does this give him?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)