|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Simon de Montfort visit at the beginning of Falls the Shadow?
(a) Llewelyn ap Gruffydd.
(b) Earl of Chester.
(d) King John.
2. Who does Simon de Montfort meet while waiting to go in to his meeting?
3. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The beginning of the war.
(b) The king's judgment about what to do with Gruffydd and Owain.
(c) Simon's return.
(d) The end of the siege.
4. Whose assistance will be used to fight Senena and her supporters?
(b) The Pope's.
(c) King Henry's.
(d) Llewelyn Fawr's.
5. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
(a) Cricieth Castle.
(d) Tower of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gruffydd tell his father he is happy about?
2. How does the king treat his captive?
3. What forces Owain to lie down when he goes with Davydd to Cricieth Castle to discuss a truce with Gruffydd?
4. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
5. What does Nell's servant warn her against?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Llelo's relationship with his grandfather a secret?
2. What happens when Davydd dies?
3. What is Simon de Montfort's effect on John the Scot's household?
4. Describe Simon's experience fighting with Henry against the French.
5. Why is Nell concerned when she is in Sicily, waiting for her husband?
6. How does Gruffydd lose his land?
7. Describe Johanna's death.
8. What is Gruffydd preparing to fight for, and how do his preparations affect Davydd's plans?
9. Describe the courtship of Nell and Simon de Montfort.
10. How does the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn change in Chapter 3?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)