|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Nell get of her sister?
(a) She has died in seclusion.
(b) She has entered a priory.
(c) She has taken their parents in.
(d) She has left her husband.
2. What happens to Gruffydd and Owain in the surrender?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are sent home.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They become hostages to the king.
3. What comes of Llelo's fear?
(a) It is realized.
(b) It is baseless.
(c) It is banished.
(d) He masters it.
4. What do the English lose in battle?
(b) Vital high ground.
(d) Whole companies of men.
5. What is Llanfaes?
(a) A castle where Johanna was imprisoned.
(c) A summer cottage.
(d) Johanna's parents' estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Llewelyn Fawr's decision to build at Llanfaes affect his son Gruffydd?
2. What news does Llewelyn Fawr get when Llelo is visiting?
3. Who is Melangell?
4. What is John suffering from when Elen and Nell arrive?
5. What does Simon de Montfort ask for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Johanna's death.
2. Describe Davydd's treatment after he surrenders to King Henry.
3. Why does Henry go to war with France?
4. Why is Llelo's relationship with his grandfather a secret?
5. What position does the king give Simon de Montfort after Llewelyn and Owain's surrender?
6. Why is Nell concerned when she is in Sicily, waiting for her husband?
7. How does the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn change in Chapter 3?
8. Describe Simon's experience fighting with Henry against the French.
9. Describe the courtship of Nell and Simon de Montfort.
10. How does Davydd capture Gruffydd and Owain?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)