|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gruffydd and Owain plan to use for escape?
(a) Forged documents.
(c) Knives made from cutlery.
(d) A rope made from bedding.
2. What is Nell afraid for?
(a) Her husband's life.
(b) Her own safety.
(c) Her brother's life.
(d) Her children's lives.
3. Why are Gruffydd and Senena asked to leave the castle?
(a) They fight with Llewelyn's other children.
(b) They have stolen from Llewelyn.
(c) They have disgraced Llewelyn.
(d) They have humiliated themselves.
4. Where is Gruffydd's father dying?
(b) Aberconwy Abbey.
(d) In King Henry's castle.
5. What does Davydd want from the English?
(a) Safe haven.
(c) Alliance against Gruffydd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person is Simon de Montfort discovered to be, when he enters his meeting?
2. What is John suffering from when Elen and Nell arrive?
3. What is Simon powerless to stop?
4. What news does Nell get of her sister?
5. What does Elen hear Gruffydd is planning, when she gets to Gloucester?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Davydd give up when he surrenders to King Henry?
2. Who attends Llewelyn and Owain's surrender to King Henry?
3. How does Elen react to John the Scot's death?
4. How does the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn change in Chapter 3?
5. What happens when Simon de Montfort returns to Henry's court?
6. How does Davydd capture Gruffydd and Owain?
7. What is the consequence of Henry's war with the French?
8. What happens to Llelo when Senena attempts to rescue her husband and son?
9. How does King Henry respond when it becomes clear that his sister is not pregnant?
10. Describe Simon's experience fighting with Henry against the French.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)