|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
(c) Cricieth Castle.
(d) Tower of London.
2. Where does Falls the Shadow lie in relation to the other books in the series?
(a) First in the series.
(b) Last in a pentalogy.
(c) Third in a tetralogy.
(d) Middle of a trilogy.
3. Who is Melangell?
(a) Llewelyn's daughter by his lover.
(b) Gruffydd's lover.
(c) Llewelyn's lover.
(d) The king's mistress.
4. What happens when Gruffydd wakes to see his son in the room?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He threatens him.
(c) He blinds him.
(d) He is embarrassed.
5. What news does Nell get of her sister?
(a) She has died in seclusion.
(b) She has taken their parents in.
(c) She has entered a priory.
(d) She has left her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
2. What happens to Gruffydd and Owain in the surrender?
3. Who does Simon de Montfort visit at the beginning of Falls the Shadow?
4. What does Gruffydd tell his father he is happy about?
5. What is Gruffydd's response when he hears that his father is dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Simon de Montfort's effect on John the Scot's household?
2. Describe the courtship of Nell and Simon de Montfort.
3. Who attends Llewelyn and Owain's surrender to King Henry?
4. Describe Johanna's death.
5. What happens to Llelo when Senena attempts to rescue her husband and son?
6. What does Llelo talk about with his grandfather?
7. How does Davydd capture Gruffydd and Owain?
8. How does Gruffydd lose his land?
9. What happens when Davydd dies?
10. What happens when Gruffydd and Owain try to escape from captivity?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)