|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Llelo just had difficulty doing?
(a) Killing his father.
(b) Rescuing his father from prison.
(c) Being imprisoned.
(d) Running away from his mother.
2. What does Llewelyn Fawr build at Llanfaes?
(a) A castle.
(b) A friary.
(c) A prison.
(d) A church.
3. When did Llelo spend a lot of time with his grandfather?
(a) When his father was sick.
(b) When his father was visiting the king.
(c) When his father was at the war.
(d) When his father was in prison.
4. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
(d) Refugee problems.
5. What consequence is Elen warned she will suffer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Llelo find Elen when he comes to visit her?
2. What does Davydd want from the English?
3. What does Henry do to punish Simon and Nell?
4. What does Nell's servant warn her against?
5. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
2. How does the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn change in Chapter 3?
3. Why doesn't Nell de Montfort turn over castles as required by treaty, and what happens to resolve this issue?
4. What is going on in Wales as the tensions escalate between King Henry and Simon over the Oxford Provisions?
5. Describe the 1245 war between England and Wales.
6. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
7. What is Llewelyn's response to Johanna's death?
8. What brings Simon to renounce his loyalty to King Henry?
9. What is Simon's role in the controversy over the Lusignans?
10. What happens when Gruffydd and Owain try to escape from captivity?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)