|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gruffydd angry at Senena?
(a) She was unfaithful to him.
(b) She neglected her duties as a wife.
(c) She betrayed him to his enemy.
(d) She turned to the enemy for help.
2. What does Simon de Montfort ask for?
(a) Permission to marry.
(b) The return of the Earldom of Leicester.
(c) Freedom to study in Germany.
(d) Money to raise an army.
3. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
(c) Refugee problems.
4. Where does Llelo find Elen when he comes to visit her?
(a) At the White Ladies Priory.
(b) At Llanfaes.
(c) At Mon.
(d) At Cricieth Castle.
5. What does Llelo want in his father's chamber?
(b) A snack.
(c) A weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do to punish Simon and Nell?
2. What is Elen expecting in Chapter 12?
3. Why does Davydd come to London?
4. How does Henry behave when he sees Simon again in 1240?
5. What is Nell afraid for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nell and Ellen's situation after Simon's death.
2. Describe Davydd's treatment after he surrenders to King Henry.
3. What problems does Simon confront after his victory over Henry?
4. What is Henry's response to Simon's attempts to enforce the Oxford Provisions?
5. Describe Johanna's death.
6. What is Llewelyn's response to Johanna's death?
7. What problems does Simon encounter after subduing King Henry?
8. What is Simon de Montfort accused of by the lords of Gascony?
9. What does Llelo see that he is not supposed to see, and what does his father make him do?
10. What are the conditions Simon imposes on King Henry when he triumphs over him?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)