|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John suffering from when Elen and Nell arrive?
(a) Fury over his betrayal.
(b) Grief for the loss of his son.
(c) Regret for having warred against his father.
(d) Spotted fever.
2. Who does Llewelyn agree to help in this conflict?
(d) Simon de Montfort.
3. Where do Elen and Nell go together?
4. What has Davydd done to Gruffydd and Owain?
(a) Hidden them.
(b) Drugged them.
(c) Poisoned them.
(d) Kidnapped them.
5. What is Llelo afraid of at the beginning of chapter 3?
(a) That his father will disown him.
(b) That his father will be unhappy with him.
(c) That his father will have him killed.
(d) That his father will force him to return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
2. Who is Melangell?
3. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
4. What vow has Nell taken?
5. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Llewelyn's response to Johanna's death?
2. Describe the 1245 war between England and Wales.
3. What happens when Gruffydd and Owain try to escape from captivity?
4. What happens to Llelo when Senena attempts to rescue her husband and son?
5. How does Gruffydd lose his land?
6. What is the consequence of Henry's war with the French?
7. How does King Henry respond when it becomes clear that his sister is not pregnant?
8. How does Elen react to John the Scot's death?
9. What happens when Simon de Montfort returns to Henry's court?
10. What is Gruffydd preparing to fight for, and how do his preparations affect Davydd's plans?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)