|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose wedding do Simon de Montfort and Nell prepare to attend?
(b) Queen Eleanor's.
2. What does Llelo do when he hears that Llewelyn is dying?
(a) Obtains his permission to go to him.
(b) He goes away.
(c) He joins up in his father's army to besiege his castle.
(d) He refuses to go to him.
3. How does Gruffydd shame his brother?
(a) By talking about his lack of children.
(b) By reminding him of his crimes.
(c) By recalling his moments of cowardice.
(d) By describing his affairs in detail.
4. Why does Henry agree to let Nell marry Simon de Montfort?
(a) She threatens him if he does not allow it.
(b) She tells him she is pregnant with his child.
(c) His father has recommended the alliance.
(d) Simon de Montfort will be a strong ally.
5. Who does Simon de Montfort meet while waiting to go in to his meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nell afraid for?
2. Who surrenders to King Henry?
3. When does Falls the Shadow begin?
4. What does she want by this opposition?
5. How does Gruffydd die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King Henry respond when it becomes clear that his sister is not pregnant?
2. Who attends Llewelyn and Owain's surrender to King Henry?
3. How does Elen react to John the Scot's death?
4. What happens when Gruffydd and Owain try to escape from captivity?
5. What happens when Simon de Montfort returns to Henry's court?
6. How does the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn change in Chapter 3?
7. Describe Davydd's treatment after he surrenders to King Henry.
8. How does Gruffydd lose his land?
9. Describe Simon's experience fighting with Henry against the French.
10. Why is Nell concerned when she is in Sicily, waiting for her husband?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)