|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The beginning of the war.
(b) The king's judgment about what to do with Gruffydd and Owain.
(c) Simon's return.
(d) The end of the siege.
2. What does England gain as part of the surrender?
(b) All of Gruffydd's wealth.
(c) Davydd's daughters.
3. Whose assistance will be used to fight Senena and her supporters?
(a) The Pope's.
(b) Llewelyn Fawr's.
(d) King Henry's.
4. What was Senena going to provide for Gruffydd and Owain's escape?
(a) A small force.
(d) A boat.
5. Why is Henry angry with Simon?
(a) Simon had once been allied against him.
(b) Simon had made advances toward his daughter.
(c) Simon had warred against him.
(d) Simon owes money to the heirs of the Earl of Chester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nell, at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. Whom does Senena convince her husband's supporters to oppose?
3. What does Llewelyn Fawr build at Llanfaes?
4. What is Nell afraid for?
5. What happens when Gruffydd wakes to see his son in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn change in Chapter 3?
2. What happens when Gruffydd and Owain try to escape from captivity?
3. What does Davydd give up when he surrenders to King Henry?
4. What is Simon de Montfort's effect on John the Scot's household?
5. What is Gruffydd preparing to fight for, and how do his preparations affect Davydd's plans?
6. What happens when Simon de Montfort returns to Henry's court?
7. How does King Henry respond when it becomes clear that his sister is not pregnant?
8. Describe the courtship of Nell and Simon de Montfort.
9. Why is Llelo's relationship with his grandfather a secret?
10. How does Davydd capture Gruffydd and Owain?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)