|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Llelo want in his father's chamber?
(b) A snack.
(d) A weapon.
2. What territory does Gruffydd want?
3. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
(c) Refugee problems.
4. What does Llelo do when he hears that Llewelyn is dying?
(a) He refuses to go to him.
(b) Obtains his permission to go to him.
(c) He joins up in his father's army to besiege his castle.
(d) He goes away.
5. Who is Nell?
(a) Elen's maternal aunt.
(b) Elen's friend.
(c) Elen's daughter.
(d) Elen's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nell, at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. What does Senena use to rescue Gruffydd and Owain?
3. Who does Llewelyn agree to help in this conflict?
4. What is Simon de Montfort's intention toward Nell?
5. When does Falls the Shadow begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position does the king give Simon de Montfort after Llewelyn and Owain's surrender?
2. Describe the 1245 war between England and Wales.
3. Why does Henry go to war with France?
4. What happens when Gruffydd and Owain try to escape from captivity?
5. What does Llelo see that he is not supposed to see, and what does his father make him do?
6. How does King Henry respond when it becomes clear that his sister is not pregnant?
7. What is Simon de Montfort's effect on John the Scot's household?
8. Why is Henry unhappy about Nell's marriage to Simon?
9. Why is Nell concerned when she is in Sicily, waiting for her husband?
10. What happens to Llelo when Senena attempts to rescue her husband and son?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)