|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elen join at Gloucester?
(a) Her brother Davydd.
(b) Her father.
(d) Simon and Nell.
2. What is the reason for the English forces' withdrawal?
(a) Onset of winter.
(b) Shortage of supplies.
(c) Strengthening opposition by the Welsh.
(d) A series of defeats.
3. What is Llelo afraid of at the beginning of chapter 3?
(a) That his father will be unhappy with him.
(b) That his father will have him killed.
(c) That his father will force him to return home.
(d) That his father will disown him.
4. Why does Davydd come to London?
(a) To rescue Gruffydd.
(b) To raise an army.
(c) To kill Gruffydd.
(d) To pay homage to King Henry.
5. What does Gruffydd tell his father he is happy about?
(a) Gruffydd has been given territories.
(b) Llewelyn has included him in his estate.
(c) Llewelyn is up and walking.
(d) Gruffydd has been forgiven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon de Montfort ask for?
2. Who surrenders to King Henry?
3. What does Henry do to punish Simon and Nell?
4. Where is Nell, at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn change in Chapter 3?
2. How does Elen react to John the Scot's death?
3. Why is Henry unhappy about Nell's marriage to Simon?
4. What is Gruffydd preparing to fight for, and how do his preparations affect Davydd's plans?
5. What position does the king give Simon de Montfort after Llewelyn and Owain's surrender?
6. Who are Llelo's parents, and what status does this give him?
7. How does Gruffydd lose his land?
8. Why is Nell concerned when she is in Sicily, waiting for her husband?
9. Why does Henry go to war with France?
10. What happens when Simon de Montfort returns to Henry's court?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)