|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What territory does Gruffydd want?
2. Where is Nell, at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. What does Llelo do when he hears that Llewelyn is dying?
(a) He goes away.
(b) Obtains his permission to go to him.
(c) He joins up in his father's army to besiege his castle.
(d) He refuses to go to him.
4. Who prevented Henry from imprisoning Simon and Nell?
(b) Queen Eleanor.
5. What does Elen learn during Gruffydd's visit to Mon?
(a) Her son has come home.
(b) Her father has gone away.
(c) Her husband is ill.
(d) Her son has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose wedding do Simon de Montfort and Nell prepare to attend?
2. What territory does Simon acquire after the war?
3. What news does Llewelyn Fawr get when Llelo is visiting?
4. What does she want by this opposition?
5. What is Llanfaes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position does the king give Simon de Montfort after Llewelyn and Owain's surrender?
2. How does Davydd capture Gruffydd and Owain?
3. Describe Simon's experience fighting with Henry against the French.
4. Why is Llelo's relationship with his grandfather a secret?
5. What is Gruffydd preparing to fight for, and how do his preparations affect Davydd's plans?
6. How does Gruffydd lose his land?
7. What is Llewelyn's response to Johanna's death?
8. Who attends Llewelyn and Owain's surrender to King Henry?
9. What is Simon de Montfort's effect on John the Scot's household?
10. Why is Henry unhappy about Nell's marriage to Simon?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)