|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vow has Nell taken?
2. What territory does Simon acquire after the war?
3. What consequence is Elen warned she will suffer?
4. What does Simon de Montfort ask for?
(a) Freedom to study in Germany.
(b) Money to raise an army.
(c) The return of the Earldom of Leicester.
(d) Permission to marry.
5. What are Elen's feelings on her husband's death?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is vicious.
(c) She is triumphant.
(d) She blames herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nell's servant warn her against?
2. Who advises the king to abandon Wales?
3. What does Elen learn during Gruffydd's visit to Mon?
4. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
5. What is John suffering from when Elen and Nell arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Henry unhappy about Nell's marriage to Simon?
2. Describe Davydd's treatment after he surrenders to King Henry.
3. Why does Henry go to war with France?
4. What happens when Simon de Montfort returns to Henry's court?
5. Why is Nell concerned when she is in Sicily, waiting for her husband?
6. Describe the 1245 war between England and Wales.
7. What is Simon de Montfort's effect on John the Scot's household?
8. How does King Henry respond when it becomes clear that his sister is not pregnant?
9. Describe Davydd's war with Senena and her supporters.
10. What is the consequence of Henry's war with the French?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)