|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davydd die of?
(b) Old age.
2. Where is Nell, at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. How does Gruffydd's happiness with things affect the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn?
(a) Llewelyn is angry to see Gruffydd gloating.
(b) Llewelyn distrusts Gruffydd because of his happiness.
(c) The bitterness between them cannot be overcome.
(d) They lay aside their differences.
4. What vow has Nell taken?
5. What has Llelo just had difficulty doing?
(a) Being imprisoned.
(b) Running away from his mother.
(c) Killing his father.
(d) Rescuing his father from prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry agree to let Nell marry Simon de Montfort?
2. What does Davydd want from the English?
3. Who is missing from Llewelyn's deathbed?
4. What is Elen warned against doing?
5. Where does Llelo find Elen when he comes to visit her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Simon's defense to the lords' accusations?
2. Under what condition does Simon ultimately quit Gascony?
3. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
4. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
5. How does Edward raise an army?
6. What is Edward's role in the opposition between Simon and King Henry?
7. What happens when Davydd dies?
8. Describe the destruction of Bran de Montfort's army at Kenilworth.
9. Describe Johanna's death.
10. What happens when Gruffydd and Owain try to escape from captivity?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)