|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Llewelyn agree to help in this conflict?
(b) Simon de Montfort.
2. What happens to lift Nell's mood?
(a) She is told that Simon has been promoted.
(b) She hears that her sister is recovering.
(c) Simon returns.
(d) She has a baby.
3. What does Llelo want in his father's chamber?
(a) A weapon.
(d) A snack.
4. What is Gruffydd's response when he hears that his father is dying?
(a) He refuses to go.
(b) He recruits an army to march on his castle.
(c) He recruits assassins to kill his siblings.
(d) He rushes to him.
5. What does England gain as part of the surrender?
(b) Davydd's daughters.
(d) All of Gruffydd's wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry accuse Simon of?
2. Who prevented Henry from imprisoning Simon and Nell?
3. What does Gruffydd tell his father he is happy about?
4. What do Gruffydd and Owain plan to use for escape?
5. What relation is the person Simon de Montfort meets to the King Henry III?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Johanna's death.
2. Why is Henry unhappy about Nell's marriage to Simon?
3. Why is Llelo's relationship with his grandfather a secret?
4. What happens when Simon de Montfort returns to Henry's court?
5. Describe Davydd's war with Senena and her supporters.
6. How does King Henry respond when it becomes clear that his sister is not pregnant?
7. What position does the king give Simon de Montfort after Llewelyn and Owain's surrender?
8. Describe Simon's experience fighting with Henry against the French.
9. What is the consequence of Henry's war with the French?
10. Who are Llelo's parents, and what status does this give him?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)