|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
(a) Tower of London.
(b) Cricieth Castle.
2. What is Elen warned against doing?
(a) Visiting King John.
(b) Marrying her lover.
(c) Letting her children move back home.
(d) Selling property.
3. What is Gruffydd's response when he hears that his father is dying?
(a) He rushes to him.
(b) He recruits an army to march on his castle.
(c) He recruits assassins to kill his siblings.
(d) He refuses to go.
4. Who prevented Henry from imprisoning Simon and Nell?
(b) Queen Eleanor.
5. Who does Llewelyn agree to help in this conflict?
(d) Simon de Montfort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gruffydd make his son do?
2. For how long have England and Wales been at war at the beginning of Chapter 16?
3. What happens to lift Nell's mood?
4. What does Llelo do when he hears that Llewelyn is dying?
5. What does she want by this opposition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Simon's role in the controversy over the Lusignans?
2. Who attends Llewelyn and Owain's surrender to King Henry?
3. How is Simon's army nearly wiped out?
4. What is Simon's defense to the lords' accusations?
5. What complications are caused by King Louis' mediation?
6. What does Llelo talk about with his grandfather?
7. How does Simon's defeat affect Llewelyn and Nell?
8. How does the novel resolve the final loose ends?
9. Describe Nell and Ellen's situation after Simon's death.
10. What problem have the Lusignan confronted King Henry with?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)