|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts Llelo?
(a) His father's dogs.
(b) His father's nightmare.
(c) His mother.
(d) A storm.
2. When does Falls the Shadow begin?
3. How does Gruffydd shame his brother?
(a) By recalling his moments of cowardice.
(b) By talking about his lack of children.
(c) By describing his affairs in detail.
(d) By reminding him of his crimes.
4. Why is Gruffydd angry at Senena?
(a) She was unfaithful to him.
(b) She turned to the enemy for help.
(c) She neglected her duties as a wife.
(d) She betrayed him to his enemy.
5. What does she want by this opposition?
(c) Cricieth Castle.
(d) Part of Gwynedd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henry angry with Simon?
2. Where do Elen and Nell go together?
3. How does the king treat his captive?
4. Who surrenders to King Henry?
5. What is John suffering from when Elen and Nell arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Davydd capture Gruffydd and Owain?
2. How does Gruffydd lose his land?
3. What is Simon de Montfort's effect on John the Scot's household?
4. Who attends Llewelyn and Owain's surrender to King Henry?
5. Who are Llelo's parents, and what status does this give him?
6. Why is Nell concerned when she is in Sicily, waiting for her husband?
7. What happens to Llelo when Senena attempts to rescue her husband and son?
8. What happens when Llewelyn's health begins to deteriorate?
9. What does Davydd give up when he surrenders to King Henry?
10. What is Llewelyn's response to Johanna's death?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)