|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long have England and Wales been at war at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
2. What is Simon powerless to stop?
(a) The defection of his leaders.
(c) The rout of his forces.
3. What was Senena going to provide for Gruffydd and Owain's escape?
(c) A boat.
(d) A small force.
4. Where is Gruffydd's father dying?
(a) Aberconwy Abbey.
(d) In King Henry's castle.
5. What is Simon de Montfort's intention toward Nell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
2. What vow has Nell taken?
3. Where does Llelo find Elen when he comes to visit her?
4. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
5. What does Henry accuse Simon of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Llelo's parents, and what status does this give him?
2. Why is Henry unhappy about Nell's marriage to Simon?
3. What does Llelo see that he is not supposed to see, and what does his father make him do?
4. Describe Simon's experience fighting with Henry against the French.
5. How does King Henry respond when it becomes clear that his sister is not pregnant?
6. Why is Nell concerned when she is in Sicily, waiting for her husband?
7. What happens when Simon de Montfort returns to Henry's court?
8. Describe Johanna's death.
9. What happens when Llewelyn's health begins to deteriorate?
10. Describe the 1245 war between England and Wales.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)