|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon meet when he gets to London?
(a) Deserted streets.
(b) Confused mobs of fighting factions.
2. How does Edward's army defeat Simon's at Evesham?
(a) They approach silently at dawn.
(b) They send false reports of peace in the outskirts of the town.
(c) They disguise themselves with captured uniforms from Bran's army.
(d) They approach flying Bran's standards.
3. Why can Henry not raise an army of his own?
(a) He has lost his subjects' loyalty.
(b) He has had a stroke.
(c) None of his advisors will support it.
(d) He has no money.
4. What are Edward's plans with regard to Wales?
5. What have the Lusignans been doing, when Nell and Richard approach them?
(a) Remaining aloof and neutral.
(b) Opposing the king.
(c) Stealing and killing.
(d) Warring against each other.
6. Who mediates between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(a) Bran de Montfort.
(d) King Louis.
7. Where does Edward join King Henry?
(a) In the church where he surrenders.
(b) In the palace where they are taken prisoner.
(c) In Dover, where they are kept as prisoners together after the battle.
(d) In the forest.
8. What does Simon have the chance to do, but turns it down?
(a) Rule France.
(b) Be seneschal for the French King.
(c) Raise an army against King Henry.
(d) Depose the king.
9. What happens when Simon commits his whole force to the attack?
(a) They become confused, and end up fighting each other.
(b) They are attacked from the flank, and routed.
(c) They quickly overrun the city.
(d) They are stalemated for days.
10. What are the terms Simon give Henry in surrender?
(a) The Oxford Provisions.
(b) He demands unconditional surrender.
(c) He decimates Henry's troops.
(d) He lets Henry go without much by way of reparation.
11. Where does Simon find Henry holed up?
12. What gives Simon cause to worry after his victory?
(a) He is short of supplies.
(b) His men desert.
(c) The king's supporters undermine him.
(d) He is running out of money.
13. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
(a) People think he was corrupt and weak.
(b) People think he was in league with Edward.
(c) People think he was a saint.
(d) People think he was a French stooge.
14. Why is Henry in the Tower of London?
(a) For fear of Simon's army.
(b) As punishment for his support of the Barons' crimes.
(c) For his role in Gruffydd's death.
(d) For his opposition to the Lusignans.
15. What is the king's response to the complaints made about Simon?
(a) He sends a new seneschal to rule.
(b) He keeps Simon's children as hostages.
(c) He leaves Simon in charge.
(d) He limits Simon's power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are members of the council in the Oxford Provisions?
2. What does Edward end up with after fighting Bran's army?
3. What has happened to Simon's body after his death?
4. What authority has stood behind the Lusignans?
5. Why is Bran's army outside the walls of Kenilworth?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)