|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Edward trapped?
(b) Gloucester Castle.
(c) London Tower.
2. What additional oversight will the government be subjected to, as a result of the Oxford Provisions?
(a) Oversight by a new class of experts and bureaucrats.
(b) A more active parliament.
(c) International audits.
(d) A council of international advisors.
3. What happens when Edward shows up at Kenilworth?
(a) Bran's army retreats inside the castle, and a futile siege begins.
(b) Edward is killed in the fighting.
(c) Bran's army is routed.
(d) Bran triumphs over Edward's army.
4. Why can Henry not raise an army of his own?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He has had a stroke.
(c) None of his advisors will support it.
(d) He has lost his subjects' loyalty.
5. How does Edward learn that Bran's army is exposed?
(a) He had arranged with one of Bran's knights to arrange it.
(b) Citizens of Kenilworth report it to him.
(c) He arrives at Kenilworth and surprises them.
(d) He has a spy in the army.
6. Why does Harry de Montfort let Edward go?
(a) Because they were friends.
(b) Because he was weak.
(c) Because he wants peace.
(d) Because he was deceived.
7. Under what condition does Simon say he will leave his post?
(a) If Henry gives him an income.
(b) If Henry finds him a better position elsewhere.
(c) If Henry makes him a royal counselor.
(d) If Henry pays his debts.
8. What do Davydd and Owain want to gain by invading Gwynedd?
(a) They want to unify Wales against England.
(b) They want to deliver Wales to England.
(c) They want Llewelyn to split his lands between his brothers.
(d) They want to rule Wales.
9. Who is almost trapped when Londoners lock the drawbridge in the up position?
(b) King Henry.
(c) The Queen.
10. Where does Simon find Henry holed up?
11. What gives Simon cause to worry after his victory?
(a) He is running out of money.
(b) He is short of supplies.
(c) The king's supporters undermine him.
(d) His men desert.
12. What does Simon assemble in 1263?
(a) An army.
(b) A navy.
(c) An international consensus.
(d) A governing council.
13. How does Nell de Montfort complicate a peace between England and France?
(a) By waging a war of her own against the English.
(b) By interrupting the negotiations.
(c) By paying taxes to neither crown.
(d) By refusing to hand over some castles.
14. What did the Oxford Provisions prohibit?
(a) Foreign-born lords in the king's circle.
(b) Foreign wars.
(c) Executive privilege.
(d) Monarchical rule.
15. How does Edward's army defeat Simon's at Evesham?
(a) They approach silently at dawn.
(b) They send false reports of peace in the outskirts of the town.
(c) They approach flying Bran's standards.
(d) They disguise themselves with captured uniforms from Bran's army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
2. What news does Edward give the de Montforts and Hal Planate genet?
3. How does Edward try to help Henry raise an army?
4. Who rescues the Queen from the attack?
5. What does Nell do for Elen's children?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)