|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Prince Edward and Simon work together to do?
(a) Conquer all of the British Isles.
(b) Declare war against France.
(c) Undermine the Oxford Provisions.
(d) Get the king to abide by the Oxford Provisions.
2. What does his trouble impinge upon?
(a) His authority.
(b) His sleep.
(c) His celebration of Epiphany.
(d) His mobility.
3. What happens to Nell after Simon's death?
(a) She is killed by Simon's forces.
(b) She is married to Edward's son Edward.
(c) She is kept a prisoner in Dover Castle.
(d) She goes into exile in France.
4. How does Edward try to help Henry raise an army?
(a) By robbing a local temple of the Knights Templar.
(b) By impressing foreigners.
(c) By selling castles to barons.
(d) By going to war with Spain.
5. What is the verdict of mediation between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(a) Louis finds for Henry.
(b) Parliament will have power now.
(c) Henry and Simon are told to share power.
(d) Henry is told to leave the country.
6. Who rescues the Queen from the attack?
(a) Thomas Fitz Thomas.
(b) King Henry.
(d) King Louis.
7. What is Simon accused of?
(b) Draught and famine.
(c) Arresting people without trial.
8. What happens when the King agrees to Simon's demands?
(a) Simon refuses to return to England.
(b) Simon raises an army against him.
(c) Simon hands over conspirators working against the king.
(d) Simon makes new demands.
9. Why can Henry not raise an army of his own?
(a) He has had a stroke.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He has lost his subjects' loyalty.
(d) None of his advisors will support it.
10. What has happened to Simon's body after his death?
(a) It is mutilated.
(b) It is buried in holy ground.
(c) It is cremated at a big funeral.
(d) It is sanctified.
11. What authority has stood behind the Lusignans?
(a) The Pope's.
(b) King John's.
(c) King Henry's.
12. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
(a) People think he was corrupt and weak.
(b) People think he was in league with Edward.
(c) People think he was a French stooge.
(d) People think he was a saint.
13. How does Bran de Montfort squash Edward's escape attempt?
(a) He wounds him.
(b) He chains him down.
(c) He threatens to catapult him over the castle wall.
(d) He takes Edward's family hostage.
14. What is the result of Simon's plan to escape?
(a) Most of the army escapes.
(b) The army is slaughtered.
(c) A standoff that lasts for months.
(d) It fails and Simon surrenders to save the army.
15. What do Nell and Richard try to convince Guy de Lusignan to do?
(a) Give them shelter.
(b) Join them against the King.
(c) Betray his siblings.
(d) Rein in his siblings' behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edward learn that Bran's army is exposed?
2. What does Simon ask Llewelyn for?
3. Why is Simon called to England again?
4. How are Nell's issues handled?
5. What does Simon assemble in 1263?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)