|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Simon's leg broken?
(a) In an assassination attempt.
(b) Falling from a horse.
(c) When he trips down a flight of stairs in the palace.
(d) In battle.
2. What does Simon have to do after the victory over Henry?
(a) Establish the rule of law.
(b) Defend his gains from other countries' armies.
(c) Squash rebellions.
(d) Negotiate with Parliament.
3. Where is Edward trapped?
(a) London Tower.
(b) Gloucester Castle.
4. How does Edward get into Northampton to attack Simon's army?
(a) He batters down the walls.
(b) A monk weakened the wall.
(c) Inhabitants of the city defeated Simons army and then opened the gates.
(d) Simon thought he was letting him in for a negotiation.
5. What does Edward end up with after fighting Bran's army?
(a) Power to revoke the Oxford Provisions.
(b) Power of England and France.
(c) Their banners.
(d) The ability to protect Henry from the Barons.
6. What has happened to Simon's body after his death?
(a) It is buried in holy ground.
(b) It is cremated at a big funeral.
(c) It is mutilated.
(d) It is sanctified.
7. What happens when Edward shows up at Kenilworth?
(a) Edward is killed in the fighting.
(b) Bran's army is routed.
(c) Bran triumphs over Edward's army.
(d) Bran's army retreats inside the castle, and a futile siege begins.
8. What does Simon meet when he gets to London?
(c) Confused mobs of fighting factions.
(d) Deserted streets.
9. What does Simon assemble in 1263?
(a) A governing council.
(b) An army.
(c) An international consensus.
(d) A navy.
10. Who rescues the Queen from the attack?
(a) Thomas Fitz Thomas.
(c) King Louis.
(d) King Henry.
11. What is the king's response to the complaints made about Simon?
(a) He limits Simon's power.
(b) He keeps Simon's children as hostages.
(c) He sends a new seneschal to rule.
(d) He leaves Simon in charge.
12. What is Simon accused of?
(a) Stealing from the king.
(b) Changing the laws without due process.
(c) Betraying the king.
(d) Treating the lords unfairly.
13. What happens when the King agrees to Simon's demands?
(a) Simon raises an army against him.
(b) Simon hands over conspirators working against the king.
(c) Simon refuses to return to England.
(d) Simon makes new demands.
14. Where does Simon find Henry holed up?
15. What authority has stood behind the Lusignans?
(a) King John's.
(b) King Henry's.
(c) The Pope's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are members of the council in the Oxford Provisions?
2. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
3. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
4. What have Henry's barons been trying to convince him to do?
5. How does Bran de Montfort squash Edward's escape attempt?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)