|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bran de Montfort squash Edward's escape attempt?
(a) He chains him down.
(b) He wounds him.
(c) He threatens to catapult him over the castle wall.
(d) He takes Edward's family hostage.
2. Who is almost trapped when Londoners lock the drawbridge in the up position?
(a) King Henry.
(c) The Queen.
3. What argument is made in answer to the complaints?
(a) That the lords themselves were corrupt.
(b) That Simon has the right as seneschal to do what he likes.
(c) That the lords are too well taken care of, and are getting spoiled.
(d) That Simon was only doing what was necessary.
4. What does Simon have to do after the victory over Henry?
(a) Defend his gains from other countries' armies.
(b) Squash rebellions.
(c) Negotiate with Parliament.
(d) Establish the rule of law.
5. What does Simon ask Llewelyn for?
(a) A place to keep Edward imprisoned.
(c) An army.
(d) Help with Edward.
6. What happens in the first wave of the attack?
(a) King Henry surrenders.
(b) Edward turns the attackers back, and follows them into the woods.
(c) Simon's knights pin Edward in the city.
(d) Simon's army is routed.
7. What has happened to Simon's body after his death?
(a) It is mutilated.
(b) It is buried in holy ground.
(c) It is sanctified.
(d) It is cremated at a big funeral.
8. What additional oversight will the government be subjected to, as a result of the Oxford Provisions?
(a) A council of international advisors.
(b) Oversight by a new class of experts and bureaucrats.
(c) International audits.
(d) A more active parliament.
9. What is Henry's response to the outcome?
10. What authority has stood behind the Lusignans?
(a) King Henry's.
(b) The Pope's.
(c) King John's.
11. What do Nell and Richard try to convince Guy de Lusignan to do?
(a) Join them against the King.
(b) Betray his siblings.
(c) Give them shelter.
(d) Rein in his siblings' behavior.
12. What do Davydd and Owain want to gain by invading Gwynedd?
(a) They want to deliver Wales to England.
(b) They want Llewelyn to split his lands between his brothers.
(c) They want to rule Wales.
(d) They want to unify Wales against England.
13. What happens when the King agrees to Simon's demands?
(a) Simon hands over conspirators working against the king.
(b) Simon raises an army against him.
(c) Simon refuses to return to England.
(d) Simon makes new demands.
14. What does Davydd hope he can do in Wales?
(a) Become more powerful.
(b) Free Owain.
(c) Unite the people.
(d) Pose a threat to the king.
15. How does Nell de Montfort complicate a peace between England and France?
(a) By interrupting the negotiations.
(b) By paying taxes to neither crown.
(c) By refusing to hand over some castles.
(d) By waging a war of her own against the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry want to stop at Evesham?
2. What does Nell do for Elen's children?
3. What happens to Simon's daughter by the time he gets home?
4. What does Simon have the chance to do, but turns it down?
5. Where is Edward trapped?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)