|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Simon have a falling out?
(a) Earl of Chester.
(b) Bran de Montfort.
(d) Earl of Gloucester.
2. What does Llewelyn give Davydd?
(a) Transportation out of Wales in exile.
(b) An army.
(c) A share of his power.
3. What does Simon meet when he gets to London?
(a) Deserted streets.
(d) Confused mobs of fighting factions.
4. How does Bran de Montfort squash Edward's escape attempt?
(a) He chains him down.
(b) He wounds him.
(c) He threatens to catapult him over the castle wall.
(d) He takes Edward's family hostage.
5. What does Nell do for Elen's children?
(a) Helps them make good marriages.
(b) Saves them from assassination attempts.
(c) Cares for them after Elen she dies.
(d) Provides them with money, and political connections.
6. Who is almost trapped when Londoners lock the drawbridge in the up position?
(a) The Queen.
(c) King Henry.
7. What are Edward's plans with regard to Wales?
8. Who is the head of the barons who are frustrated by the Lusignans?
9. Why can Henry not raise an army of his own?
(a) None of his advisors will support it.
(b) He has lost his subjects' loyalty.
(c) He has had a stroke.
(d) He has no money.
10. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
(a) Abuses by the king's tax collectors.
(b) King Louis' judgment.
(c) A riot in London.
(d) The execution of political prisoners.
11. What kind of trouble is King Henry having at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Women trouble.
(b) Money trouble.
(c) Health trouble.
(d) Political trouble.
12. Why does Harry de Montfort let Edward go?
(a) Because they were friends.
(b) Because he was weak.
(c) Because he was deceived.
(d) Because he wants peace.
13. How are Nell's issues handled?
(a) She is browbeaten with the threat of war.
(b) She is imprisoned.
(c) She is blockaded.
(d) She is paid the money she says she is owed.
14. What happens to Simon's daughter by the time he gets home?
(a) She has married.
(b) She has died.
(c) She has given birth.
(d) She has fled.
15. What does his trouble impinge upon?
(a) His authority.
(b) His sleep.
(c) His celebration of Epiphany.
(d) His mobility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Prince Edward and Simon work together to do?
2. What is the verdict of mediation between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
3. What does Edward end up with after fighting Bran's army?
4. What happens in the first wave of the attack?
5. What is Simon involved in when he hears of the illness of his daughter?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)