|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the debate over Simon?
(a) Simon has to leave to put down a rebellion.
(b) The trial is abandoned and rescheduled.
(c) He is found guilty.
(d) He is found innocent.
2. How does Nell react to the death of her husband?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is devastated.
(c) She is more concerned with her own safety.
(d) She glad that she can marry her lover.
3. With whom does Simon have a falling out?
(a) Bran de Montfort.
(b) Earl of Chester.
(d) Earl of Gloucester.
4. Why is Henry in the Tower of London?
(a) For his role in Gruffydd's death.
(b) As punishment for his support of the Barons' crimes.
(c) For his opposition to the Lusignans.
(d) For fear of Simon's army.
5. Why is Bran's army outside the walls of Kenilworth?
(a) To protect the inhabitants of the city.
(b) To gather wood and food.
(c) To enjoy the cool river.
(d) To betray them to Edward's army.
6. What are the terms Simon give Henry in surrender?
(a) He decimates Henry's troops.
(b) He lets Henry go without much by way of reparation.
(c) The Oxford Provisions.
(d) He demands unconditional surrender.
7. What do Davydd and Owain want to gain by invading Gwynedd?
(a) They want to rule Wales.
(b) They want to unify Wales against England.
(c) They want Llewelyn to split his lands between his brothers.
(d) They want to deliver Wales to England.
8. What are Edward's plans with regard to Wales?
9. Why does Henry want to stop at Evesham?
(a) To sleep inside.
(b) To attend mass.
(c) To attack Simon's army.
(d) To see a mistress.
10. What does Nell do for Elen's children?
(a) Cares for them after Elen she dies.
(b) Helps them make good marriages.
(c) Provides them with money, and political connections.
(d) Saves them from assassination attempts.
11. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
(a) Civil war.
(b) Religious persecution.
(c) New taxes.
(d) A set of guidelines.
12. What does Llewelyn want Davydd to see?
(a) The importance of unifying Wales.
(b) The need for local power in the lords.
(c) The desirability of unity with England.
(d) His reasons for ruling with leniency.
13. How many people are members of the council in the Oxford Provisions?
14. What does Simon have the chance to do, but turns it down?
(a) Raise an army against King Henry.
(b) Depose the king.
(c) Be seneschal for the French King.
(d) Rule France.
15. What does Parliament struggle to determine?
(a) How to protect against an invasion from France.
(b) Whether to abolish the monarchy.
(c) What powers Henry should have.
(d) What to do about Wales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the king's response to the complaints made about Simon?
2. What happens to Nell after Simon's death?
3. What is Simon accused of?
4. What is Simon accused of?
5. How does Nell de Montfort complicate a peace between England and France?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)