|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is almost trapped when Londoners lock the drawbridge in the up position?
(b) King Henry.
(c) The Queen.
2. What does Llewelyn give Davydd?
(a) Transportation out of Wales in exile.
(b) A share of his power.
(c) An army.
3. What happens in the first wave of the attack?
(a) Simon's knights pin Edward in the city.
(b) Simon's army is routed.
(c) Edward turns the attackers back, and follows them into the woods.
(d) King Henry surrenders.
4. What happens when Simon commits his whole force to the attack?
(a) They are stalemated for days.
(b) They become confused, and end up fighting each other.
(c) They are attacked from the flank, and routed.
(d) They quickly overrun the city.
5. How does Nell react to the death of her husband?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She glad that she can marry her lover.
(c) She is more concerned with her own safety.
(d) She is devastated.
6. What news does Edward give the de Montforts and Hal Planate genet?
(a) Henry is having trouble with the barons.
(b) Henry is becoming too powerful.
(c) Wales is unifying.
(d) Wales is fragmenting.
7. What does Simon have the chance to do, but turns it down?
(a) Raise an army against King Henry.
(b) Rule France.
(c) Depose the king.
(d) Be seneschal for the French King.
8. What kind of trouble is King Henry having at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Women trouble.
(b) Health trouble.
(c) Political trouble.
(d) Money trouble.
9. What is the king's response to the complaints made about Simon?
(a) He limits Simon's power.
(b) He leaves Simon in charge.
(c) He keeps Simon's children as hostages.
(d) He sends a new seneschal to rule.
10. Who is the head of the barons who are frustrated by the Lusignans?
11. How many people are members of the council in the Oxford Provisions?
12. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
(a) A riot in London.
(b) The execution of political prisoners.
(c) King Louis' judgment.
(d) Abuses by the king's tax collectors.
13. What happens to Nell after Simon's death?
(a) She is kept a prisoner in Dover Castle.
(b) She is killed by Simon's forces.
(c) She goes into exile in France.
(d) She is married to Edward's son Edward.
14. What is Simon involved in when he hears of the illness of his daughter?
(a) Political meetings.
(b) Military planning.
(c) A military campaign.
(d) Financial negotiations.
15. What does Edward end up with after fighting Bran's army?
(a) Power of England and France.
(b) Power to revoke the Oxford Provisions.
(c) Their banners.
(d) The ability to protect Henry from the Barons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon ask Llewelyn for?
2. What authority has stood behind the Lusignans?
3. Why is Simon called to England again?
4. How does Simon's army attempt to escape?
5. What is Henry's response to the outcome?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)