|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edward try to help Henry raise an army?
(a) By robbing a local temple of the Knights Templar.
(b) By selling castles to barons.
(c) By going to war with Spain.
(d) By impressing foreigners.
2. How does Bran de Montfort squash Edward's escape attempt?
(a) He threatens to catapult him over the castle wall.
(b) He takes Edward's family hostage.
(c) He chains him down.
(d) He wounds him.
3. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
(a) Renounce their loyalty to him.
(b) Pledge themselves to be Henry's loyal subjects.
(c) Surround Henry's position.
(d) Vow to kill Henry or die trying.
4. What kind of trouble is King Henry having at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Money trouble.
(b) Health trouble.
(c) Political trouble.
(d) Women trouble.
5. What does Parliament struggle to determine?
(a) What powers Henry should have.
(b) How to protect against an invasion from France.
(c) What to do about Wales.
(d) Whether to abolish the monarchy.
6. What has happened to Simon's body after his death?
(a) It is sanctified.
(b) It is cremated at a big funeral.
(c) It is mutilated.
(d) It is buried in holy ground.
7. Where does Edward join King Henry?
(a) In Dover, where they are kept as prisoners together after the battle.
(b) In the palace where they are taken prisoner.
(c) In the church where he surrenders.
(d) In the forest.
8. What does Llewelyn give Davydd?
(a) Transportation out of Wales in exile.
(b) An army.
(c) A share of his power.
9. How are Nell's issues handled?
(a) She is paid the money she says she is owed.
(b) She is blockaded.
(c) She is browbeaten with the threat of war.
(d) She is imprisoned.
10. Why is Henry in the Tower of London?
(a) For fear of Simon's army.
(b) For his role in Gruffydd's death.
(c) As punishment for his support of the Barons' crimes.
(d) For his opposition to the Lusignans.
11. What do Nell and Richard try to convince Guy de Lusignan to do?
(a) Rein in his siblings' behavior.
(b) Betray his siblings.
(c) Join them against the King.
(d) Give them shelter.
12. What did the Oxford Provisions prohibit?
(a) Foreign wars.
(b) Executive privilege.
(c) Foreign-born lords in the king's circle.
(d) Monarchical rule.
13. What does Simon have to do after the victory over Henry?
(a) Squash rebellions.
(b) Establish the rule of law.
(c) Negotiate with Parliament.
(d) Defend his gains from other countries' armies.
14. Why can Henry not raise an army of his own?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He has had a stroke.
(c) None of his advisors will support it.
(d) He has lost his subjects' loyalty.
15. What is the verdict of mediation between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(a) Louis finds for Henry.
(b) Parliament will have power now.
(c) Henry and Simon are told to share power.
(d) Henry is told to leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Prince Edward and Simon work together to do?
2. What does Edward end up with after fighting Bran's army?
3. What does Simon have the chance to do, but turns it down?
4. Where is Edward trapped?
5. How does Nell de Montfort complicate a peace between England and France?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)