|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Edward join King Henry?
(a) In Dover, where they are kept as prisoners together after the battle.
(b) In the church where he surrenders.
(c) In the palace where they are taken prisoner.
(d) In the forest.
2. How does Nell react to the death of her husband?
(a) She is devastated.
(b) She is more concerned with her own safety.
(c) She glad that she can marry her lover.
(d) She is relieved.
3. How does Edward's army defeat Simon's at Evesham?
(a) They send false reports of peace in the outskirts of the town.
(b) They approach silently at dawn.
(c) They approach flying Bran's standards.
(d) They disguise themselves with captured uniforms from Bran's army.
4. What have the Lusignans been doing, when Nell and Richard approach them?
(a) Stealing and killing.
(b) Opposing the king.
(c) Warring against each other.
(d) Remaining aloof and neutral.
5. Who mediates between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(a) King Louis.
(d) Bran de Montfort.
6. Why can Henry not raise an army of his own?
(a) He has no money.
(b) None of his advisors will support it.
(c) He has had a stroke.
(d) He has lost his subjects' loyalty.
7. Who rescues the Queen from the attack?
(b) Thomas Fitz Thomas.
(c) King Henry.
(d) King Louis.
8. What happens when Edward shows up at Kenilworth?
(a) Bran triumphs over Edward's army.
(b) Bran's army retreats inside the castle, and a futile siege begins.
(c) Bran's army is routed.
(d) Edward is killed in the fighting.
9. What do Davydd and Owain want to gain by invading Gwynedd?
(a) They want Llewelyn to split his lands between his brothers.
(b) They want to unify Wales against England.
(c) They want to rule Wales.
(d) They want to deliver Wales to England.
10. What argument is made in answer to the complaints?
(a) That Simon has the right as seneschal to do what he likes.
(b) That Simon was only doing what was necessary.
(c) That the lords themselves were corrupt.
(d) That the lords are too well taken care of, and are getting spoiled.
11. What does Simon assemble in 1263?
(a) An international consensus.
(b) A governing council.
(c) A navy.
(d) An army.
12. How does Edward learn that Bran's army is exposed?
(a) Citizens of Kenilworth report it to him.
(b) He had arranged with one of Bran's knights to arrange it.
(c) He arrives at Kenilworth and surprises them.
(d) He has a spy in the army.
13. What did the Oxford Provisions prohibit?
(a) Foreign-born lords in the king's circle.
(b) Executive privilege.
(c) Foreign wars.
(d) Monarchical rule.
14. What do Nell and Richard try to convince Guy de Lusignan to do?
(a) Give them shelter.
(b) Betray his siblings.
(c) Join them against the King.
(d) Rein in his siblings' behavior.
15. How does the falling out affect Edward?
(a) He is set free by the Earl of Gloucester.
(b) He is killed by Simon.
(c) He is exiled to France.
(d) He is set free by Bran de Montfort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Edward give the de Montforts and Hal Planate genet?
2. What does his trouble impinge upon?
3. What happens to Nell after Simon's death?
4. What brings Nell back to England?
5. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)