|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
(a) People think he was a French stooge.
(b) People think he was corrupt and weak.
(c) People think he was a saint.
(d) People think he was in league with Edward.
2. Why is Henry in the Tower of London?
(a) As punishment for his support of the Barons' crimes.
(b) For his opposition to the Lusignans.
(c) For his role in Gruffydd's death.
(d) For fear of Simon's army.
3. Why does Henry want to stop at Evesham?
(a) To sleep inside.
(b) To see a mistress.
(c) To attack Simon's army.
(d) To attend mass.
4. What does Simon meet when he gets to London?
(a) Confused mobs of fighting factions.
(b) Deserted streets.
5. How many people are members of the council in the Oxford Provisions?
6. What do Nell and Richard try to convince Guy de Lusignan to do?
(a) Betray his siblings.
(b) Give them shelter.
(c) Join them against the King.
(d) Rein in his siblings' behavior.
7. What does Llewelyn give Davydd?
(a) An army.
(b) A share of his power.
(d) Transportation out of Wales in exile.
8. Who rescues the Queen from the attack?
(b) King Henry.
(c) Thomas Fitz Thomas.
(d) King Louis.
9. What gives Simon cause to worry after his victory?
(a) His men desert.
(b) He is short of supplies.
(c) He is running out of money.
(d) The king's supporters undermine him.
10. Where is Edward trapped?
(b) London Tower.
(c) Gloucester Castle.
11. Why is Bran's army outside the walls of Kenilworth?
(a) To gather wood and food.
(b) To betray them to Edward's army.
(c) To protect the inhabitants of the city.
(d) To enjoy the cool river.
12. What news does Edward give the de Montforts and Hal Planate genet?
(a) Wales is fragmenting.
(b) Henry is becoming too powerful.
(c) Wales is unifying.
(d) Henry is having trouble with the barons.
13. How does Nell react to the death of her husband?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She glad that she can marry her lover.
(c) She is more concerned with her own safety.
(d) She is devastated.
14. What is Simon involved in when he hears of the illness of his daughter?
(a) A military campaign.
(b) Military planning.
(c) Political meetings.
(d) Financial negotiations.
15. Under what condition does Simon say he will leave his post?
(a) If Henry gives him an income.
(b) If Henry makes him a royal counselor.
(c) If Henry finds him a better position elsewhere.
(d) If Henry pays his debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Simon's plan to escape?
2. What are Edward's plans with regard to Wales?
3. What does Simon have to do after the victory over Henry?
4. Who is the head of the barons who are frustrated by the Lusignans?
5. What brings Nell back to England?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)