|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the verdict of mediation between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(a) Parliament will have power now.
(b) Henry is told to leave the country.
(c) Henry and Simon are told to share power.
(d) Louis finds for Henry.
2. What is Simon involved in when he hears of the illness of his daughter?
(a) Political meetings.
(b) Financial negotiations.
(c) A military campaign.
(d) Military planning.
3. Who attacks the Queen?
4. What does Simon ask Llewelyn for?
(a) An army.
(b) Help with Edward.
(d) A place to keep Edward imprisoned.
5. What does Simon meet when he gets to London?
(a) Confused mobs of fighting factions.
(c) Deserted streets.
6. What do Prince Edward and Simon work together to do?
(a) Conquer all of the British Isles.
(b) Undermine the Oxford Provisions.
(c) Get the king to abide by the Oxford Provisions.
(d) Declare war against France.
7. How are Nell's issues handled?
(a) She is browbeaten with the threat of war.
(b) She is blockaded.
(c) She is imprisoned.
(d) She is paid the money she says she is owed.
8. What do Nell and Richard try to convince Guy de Lusignan to do?
(a) Betray his siblings.
(b) Rein in his siblings' behavior.
(c) Give them shelter.
(d) Join them against the King.
9. What does Nell do for Elen's children?
(a) Cares for them after Elen she dies.
(b) Provides them with money, and political connections.
(c) Saves them from assassination attempts.
(d) Helps them make good marriages.
10. What have the Lusignans been doing, when Nell and Richard approach them?
(a) Warring against each other.
(b) Stealing and killing.
(c) Opposing the king.
(d) Remaining aloof and neutral.
11. What is Simon accused of?
(a) Stealing from the king.
(b) Changing the laws without due process.
(c) Treating the lords unfairly.
(d) Betraying the king.
12. How does Edward learn that Bran's army is exposed?
(a) Citizens of Kenilworth report it to him.
(b) He had arranged with one of Bran's knights to arrange it.
(c) He has a spy in the army.
(d) He arrives at Kenilworth and surprises them.
13. Why does Henry want to stop at Evesham?
(a) To attack Simon's army.
(b) To see a mistress.
(c) To sleep inside.
(d) To attend mass.
14. What gives Simon cause to worry after his victory?
(a) The king's supporters undermine him.
(b) His men desert.
(c) He is running out of money.
(d) He is short of supplies.
15. What did the Oxford Provisions prohibit?
(a) Executive privilege.
(b) Foreign-born lords in the king's circle.
(c) Foreign wars.
(d) Monarchical rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bran de Montfort squash Edward's escape attempt?
2. What happens in the first wave of the attack?
3. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
4. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
5. Where is Edward trapped?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)