|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who mediates between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(a) King Louis.
(c) Bran de Montfort.
2. How are Nell's issues handled?
(a) She is blockaded.
(b) She is browbeaten with the threat of war.
(c) She is imprisoned.
(d) She is paid the money she says she is owed.
3. What does Parliament struggle to determine?
(a) What powers Henry should have.
(b) Whether to abolish the monarchy.
(c) What to do about Wales.
(d) How to protect against an invasion from France.
4. What do Davydd and Owain want to gain by invading Gwynedd?
(a) They want to deliver Wales to England.
(b) They want Llewelyn to split his lands between his brothers.
(c) They want to rule Wales.
(d) They want to unify Wales against England.
5. What kind of trouble is King Henry having at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Political trouble.
(b) Women trouble.
(c) Health trouble.
(d) Money trouble.
6. How does Nell de Montfort complicate a peace between England and France?
(a) By waging a war of her own against the English.
(b) By paying taxes to neither crown.
(c) By refusing to hand over some castles.
(d) By interrupting the negotiations.
7. Why is Simon called to England again?
(a) He is going to be promoted.
(b) Henry wants to put someone else in charge.
(c) Henry wants to shield Simon from hostility.
(d) Complaints are still being made against him.
8. What does Simon meet when he gets to London?
(a) Confused mobs of fighting factions.
(c) Deserted streets.
9. What is the result of the debate over Simon?
(a) He is found guilty.
(b) Simon has to leave to put down a rebellion.
(c) The trial is abandoned and rescheduled.
(d) He is found innocent.
10. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
(a) Religious persecution.
(b) Civil war.
(c) A set of guidelines.
(d) New taxes.
11. Why can Henry not raise an army of his own?
(a) He has had a stroke.
(b) None of his advisors will support it.
(c) He has lost his subjects' loyalty.
(d) He has no money.
12. With whom does Simon have a falling out?
(a) Bran de Montfort.
(b) Earl of Gloucester.
(c) Earl of Chester.
13. What does his trouble impinge upon?
(a) His authority.
(b) His sleep.
(c) His celebration of Epiphany.
(d) His mobility.
14. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
(a) People think he was a saint.
(b) People think he was a French stooge.
(c) People think he was corrupt and weak.
(d) People think he was in league with Edward.
15. Where does Edward join King Henry?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In the church where he surrenders.
(c) In the palace where they are taken prisoner.
(d) In Dover, where they are kept as prisoners together after the battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davydd hope he can do in Wales?
2. What news does Edward give the de Montforts and Hal Planate genet?
3. Why is Henry in the Tower of London?
4. What do Prince Edward and Simon work together to do?
5. What happens to Nell after Simon's death?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)