|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Llewelyn give Davydd?
(a) A share of his power.
(b) Transportation out of Wales in exile.
(d) An army.
2. What happens to Simon's daughter by the time he gets home?
(a) She has fled.
(b) She has married.
(c) She has given birth.
(d) She has died.
3. What does Henry tell Simon in his letter?
(a) He wants Simon to surrender.
(b) He wants a truce.
(c) He refuses a truce.
(d) He wants to negotiate.
4. What are the terms Simon give Henry in surrender?
(a) He decimates Henry's troops.
(b) The Oxford Provisions.
(c) He demands unconditional surrender.
(d) He lets Henry go without much by way of reparation.
5. What happens when Simon commits his whole force to the attack?
(a) They become confused, and end up fighting each other.
(b) They are attacked from the flank, and routed.
(c) They quickly overrun the city.
(d) They are stalemated for days.
6. Who attacks the Queen?
7. What does Simon ask Llewelyn for?
(a) A place to keep Edward imprisoned.
(c) An army.
(d) Help with Edward.
8. Why does Harry de Montfort let Edward go?
(a) Because they were friends.
(b) Because he wants peace.
(c) Because he was weak.
(d) Because he was deceived.
9. How does Edward get into Northampton to attack Simon's army?
(a) A monk weakened the wall.
(b) He batters down the walls.
(c) Simon thought he was letting him in for a negotiation.
(d) Inhabitants of the city defeated Simons army and then opened the gates.
10. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
(a) People think he was in league with Edward.
(b) People think he was corrupt and weak.
(c) People think he was a saint.
(d) People think he was a French stooge.
11. How does Edward try to help Henry raise an army?
(a) By selling castles to barons.
(b) By going to war with Spain.
(c) By robbing a local temple of the Knights Templar.
(d) By impressing foreigners.
12. What is the verdict of mediation between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(a) Louis finds for Henry.
(b) Henry and Simon are told to share power.
(c) Parliament will have power now.
(d) Henry is told to leave the country.
13. How does the falling out affect Edward?
(a) He is set free by Bran de Montfort.
(b) He is killed by Simon.
(c) He is exiled to France.
(d) He is set free by the Earl of Gloucester.
14. What does Edward end up with after fighting Bran's army?
(a) Power of England and France.
(b) The ability to protect Henry from the Barons.
(c) Power to revoke the Oxford Provisions.
(d) Their banners.
15. Where does the meeting of barons take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Simon have a falling out?
2. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
3. Under what condition does Simon say he will leave his post?
4. What happens to Nell after Simon's death?
5. What do Prince Edward and Simon work together to do?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)