|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon have the chance to do, but turns it down?
(a) Raise an army against King Henry.
(b) Rule France.
(c) Be seneschal for the French King.
(d) Depose the king.
2. What is Henry's response to the outcome?
3. How is Simon's leg broken?
(a) In an assassination attempt.
(b) In battle.
(c) When he trips down a flight of stairs in the palace.
(d) Falling from a horse.
4. What authority has stood behind the Lusignans?
(a) The Pope's.
(b) King Henry's.
(d) King John's.
5. What does Simon meet when he gets to London?
(a) Deserted streets.
(c) Confused mobs of fighting factions.
6. How does Nell de Montfort complicate a peace between England and France?
(a) By interrupting the negotiations.
(b) By paying taxes to neither crown.
(c) By waging a war of her own against the English.
(d) By refusing to hand over some castles.
7. What does Simon ask Llewelyn for?
(a) An army.
(b) A place to keep Edward imprisoned.
(d) Help with Edward.
8. Why is Bran's army outside the walls of Kenilworth?
(a) To enjoy the cool river.
(b) To gather wood and food.
(c) To betray them to Edward's army.
(d) To protect the inhabitants of the city.
9. What does Simon assemble in 1263?
(a) An international consensus.
(b) An army.
(c) A navy.
(d) A governing council.
10. Under what condition does Simon say he will leave his post?
(a) If Henry makes him a royal counselor.
(b) If Henry pays his debts.
(c) If Henry gives him an income.
(d) If Henry finds him a better position elsewhere.
11. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
(a) Renounce their loyalty to him.
(b) Surround Henry's position.
(c) Pledge themselves to be Henry's loyal subjects.
(d) Vow to kill Henry or die trying.
12. What kind of trouble is King Henry having at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Women trouble.
(b) Health trouble.
(c) Money trouble.
(d) Political trouble.
13. With whom does Simon have a falling out?
(a) Bran de Montfort.
(b) Earl of Gloucester.
(c) Earl of Chester.
14. What gives Simon cause to worry after his victory?
(a) He is running out of money.
(b) The king's supporters undermine him.
(c) He is short of supplies.
(d) His men desert.
15. Why does Harry de Montfort let Edward go?
(a) Because they were friends.
(b) Because he was weak.
(c) Because he wants peace.
(d) Because he was deceived.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bran de Montfort squash Edward's escape attempt?
2. What argument is made in answer to the complaints?
3. What does Llewelyn agree to do, at the end of Chapter 23?
4. Where does Edward join King Henry?
5. How does Edward's army defeat Simon's at Evesham?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)