Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Simon's reputation after his death?
(a) People think he was a saint.
(b) People think he was corrupt and weak.
(c) People think he was in league with Edward.
(d) People think he was a French stooge.
2. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
(a) Pledge themselves to be Henry's loyal subjects.
(b) Surround Henry's position.
(c) Renounce their loyalty to him.
(d) Vow to kill Henry or die trying.
3. What do Nell and Richard try to convince Guy de Lusignan to do?
(a) Rein in his siblings' behavior.
(b) Give them shelter.
(c) Join them against the King.
(d) Betray his siblings.
4. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
(a) New taxes.
(b) Civil war.
(c) Religious persecution.
(d) A set of guidelines.
5. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
(a) King Louis' judgment.
(b) A riot in London.
(c) The execution of political prisoners.
(d) Abuses by the king's tax collectors.
6. What did the Oxford Provisions prohibit?
(a) Foreign-born lords in the king's circle.
(b) Executive privilege.
(c) Monarchical rule.
(d) Foreign wars.
7. What does Simon meet when he gets to London?
(c) Deserted streets.
(d) Confused mobs of fighting factions.
8. Why can Henry not raise an army of his own?
(a) None of his advisors will support it.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He has lost his subjects' loyalty.
(d) He has had a stroke.
9. What news does Edward give the de Montforts and Hal Planate genet?
(a) Wales is fragmenting.
(b) Henry is becoming too powerful.
(c) Wales is unifying.
(d) Henry is having trouble with the barons.
10. Why does Harry de Montfort let Edward go?
(a) Because he was weak.
(b) Because they were friends.
(c) Because he was deceived.
(d) Because he wants peace.
11. What are the terms Simon give Henry in surrender?
(a) He decimates Henry's troops.
(b) The Oxford Provisions.
(c) He lets Henry go without much by way of reparation.
(d) He demands unconditional surrender.
12. What happens to Nell after Simon's death?
(a) She is killed by Simon's forces.
(b) She is kept a prisoner in Dover Castle.
(c) She goes into exile in France.
(d) She is married to Edward's son Edward.
13. What has happened to Simon's body after his death?
(a) It is cremated at a big funeral.
(b) It is mutilated.
(c) It is buried in holy ground.
(d) It is sanctified.
14. What is Henry's response to the outcome?
15. How does Edward get into Northampton to attack Simon's army?
(a) Simon thought he was letting him in for a negotiation.
(b) Inhabitants of the city defeated Simons army and then opened the gates.
(c) He batters down the walls.
(d) A monk weakened the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edward join King Henry?
2. How is Simon's leg broken?
3. What authority has stood behind the Lusignans?
4. What do Prince Edward and Simon work together to do?
5. Who is almost trapped when Londoners lock the drawbridge in the up position?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)