|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Llewelyn agree to do, at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) Pursue his claim to power in England.
(b) Divide Wales.
(c) Keep Owain as a hostage.
(d) Free Davydd.
2. What are Edward's plans with regard to Wales?
3. How does Edward get into Northampton to attack Simon's army?
(a) He batters down the walls.
(b) Simon thought he was letting him in for a negotiation.
(c) Inhabitants of the city defeated Simons army and then opened the gates.
(d) A monk weakened the wall.
4. What news does Edward give the de Montforts and Hal Planate genet?
(a) Wales is unifying.
(b) Henry is having trouble with the barons.
(c) Henry is becoming too powerful.
(d) Wales is fragmenting.
5. What argument is made in answer to the complaints?
(a) That Simon has the right as seneschal to do what he likes.
(b) That the lords themselves were corrupt.
(c) That Simon was only doing what was necessary.
(d) That the lords are too well taken care of, and are getting spoiled.
6. What are the terms Simon give Henry in surrender?
(a) He demands unconditional surrender.
(b) He decimates Henry's troops.
(c) He lets Henry go without much by way of reparation.
(d) The Oxford Provisions.
7. How does Simon's army attempt to escape?
(a) By withstanding a siege.
(b) By concentrating on one spot in the lines.
(c) By subterfuge.
(d) By surrendering.
8. How does Edward learn that Bran's army is exposed?
(a) He has a spy in the army.
(b) He arrives at Kenilworth and surprises them.
(c) He had arranged with one of Bran's knights to arrange it.
(d) Citizens of Kenilworth report it to him.
9. How does Edward's army defeat Simon's at Evesham?
(a) They approach silently at dawn.
(b) They disguise themselves with captured uniforms from Bran's army.
(c) They send false reports of peace in the outskirts of the town.
(d) They approach flying Bran's standards.
10. What does Nell do for Elen's children?
(a) Provides them with money, and political connections.
(b) Saves them from assassination attempts.
(c) Helps them make good marriages.
(d) Cares for them after Elen she dies.
11. What happens when the King agrees to Simon's demands?
(a) Simon refuses to return to England.
(b) Simon raises an army against him.
(c) Simon makes new demands.
(d) Simon hands over conspirators working against the king.
12. How are Nell's issues handled?
(a) She is imprisoned.
(b) She is blockaded.
(c) She is browbeaten with the threat of war.
(d) She is paid the money she says she is owed.
13. What does Henry tell Simon in his letter?
(a) He wants to negotiate.
(b) He wants a truce.
(c) He wants Simon to surrender.
(d) He refuses a truce.
14. Where does Simon find Henry holed up?
15. What happens to Simon's daughter by the time he gets home?
(a) She has married.
(b) She has fled.
(c) She has died.
(d) She has given birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his trouble impinge upon?
2. What additional oversight will the government be subjected to, as a result of the Oxford Provisions?
3. What does Parliament struggle to determine?
4. Why is Henry in the Tower of London?
5. What brings Nell back to England?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)