|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Edward shows up at Kenilworth?
(a) Bran triumphs over Edward's army.
(b) Edward is killed in the fighting.
(c) Bran's army retreats inside the castle, and a futile siege begins.
(d) Bran's army is routed.
2. How does Nell de Montfort complicate a peace between England and France?
(a) By paying taxes to neither crown.
(b) By refusing to hand over some castles.
(c) By interrupting the negotiations.
(d) By waging a war of her own against the English.
3. How is Simon's leg broken?
(a) When he trips down a flight of stairs in the palace.
(b) In an assassination attempt.
(c) In battle.
(d) Falling from a horse.
4. How does Bran de Montfort squash Edward's escape attempt?
(a) He wounds him.
(b) He takes Edward's family hostage.
(c) He chains him down.
(d) He threatens to catapult him over the castle wall.
5. What does Simon have the chance to do, but turns it down?
(a) Depose the king.
(b) Rule France.
(c) Raise an army against King Henry.
(d) Be seneschal for the French King.
6. What does his trouble impinge upon?
(a) His authority.
(b) His celebration of Epiphany.
(c) His sleep.
(d) His mobility.
7. What does Parliament struggle to determine?
(a) How to protect against an invasion from France.
(b) What powers Henry should have.
(c) Whether to abolish the monarchy.
(d) What to do about Wales.
8. How does Nell react to the death of her husband?
(a) She glad that she can marry her lover.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is devastated.
(d) She is more concerned with her own safety.
9. What is the king's response to the complaints made about Simon?
(a) He sends a new seneschal to rule.
(b) He leaves Simon in charge.
(c) He keeps Simon's children as hostages.
(d) He limits Simon's power.
10. What happens when the King agrees to Simon's demands?
(a) Simon refuses to return to England.
(b) Simon raises an army against him.
(c) Simon hands over conspirators working against the king.
(d) Simon makes new demands.
11. What is the result of Simon's plan to escape?
(a) The army is slaughtered.
(b) Most of the army escapes.
(c) A standoff that lasts for months.
(d) It fails and Simon surrenders to save the army.
12. Who attacks the Queen?
13. What kind of trouble is King Henry having at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Political trouble.
(b) Women trouble.
(c) Money trouble.
(d) Health trouble.
14. How does the falling out affect Edward?
(a) He is killed by Simon.
(b) He is set free by Bran de Montfort.
(c) He is set free by the Earl of Gloucester.
(d) He is exiled to France.
15. What does Llewelyn want Davydd to see?
(a) The need for local power in the lords.
(b) The importance of unifying Wales.
(c) His reasons for ruling with leniency.
(d) The desirability of unity with England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues the Queen from the attack?
2. Where does Edward join King Henry?
3. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
4. Where is Edward trapped?
5. How does Edward learn that Bran's army is exposed?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)