|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the verdict of mediation between King Henry and Simon de Montfort?
(a) Henry is told to leave the country.
(b) Parliament will have power now.
(c) Louis finds for Henry.
(d) Henry and Simon are told to share power.
2. What does Nell do for Elen's children?
(a) Helps them make good marriages.
(b) Provides them with money, and political connections.
(c) Cares for them after Elen she dies.
(d) Saves them from assassination attempts.
3. What does Simon ask Llewelyn for?
(b) An army.
(c) A place to keep Edward imprisoned.
(d) Help with Edward.
4. With whom does Simon have a falling out?
(a) Earl of Chester.
(b) Earl of Gloucester.
(c) Bran de Montfort.
5. Under what condition does Simon say he will leave his post?
(a) If Henry pays his debts.
(b) If Henry finds him a better position elsewhere.
(c) If Henry gives him an income.
(d) If Henry makes him a royal counselor.
6. What happens when Edward shows up at Kenilworth?
(a) Bran's army is routed.
(b) Edward is killed in the fighting.
(c) Bran triumphs over Edward's army.
(d) Bran's army retreats inside the castle, and a futile siege begins.
7. What authority has stood behind the Lusignans?
(a) The Pope's.
(c) King John's.
(d) King Henry's.
8. How many people are members of the council in the Oxford Provisions?
9. Who is the head of the barons who are frustrated by the Lusignans?
10. What do Simon and his knights do after they get Henry's letter?
(a) Surround Henry's position.
(b) Pledge themselves to be Henry's loyal subjects.
(c) Renounce their loyalty to him.
(d) Vow to kill Henry or die trying.
11. Where does Edward join King Henry?
(a) In the palace where they are taken prisoner.
(b) In Dover, where they are kept as prisoners together after the battle.
(c) In the church where he surrenders.
(d) In the forest.
12. Why does Harry de Montfort let Edward go?
(a) Because he wants peace.
(b) Because they were friends.
(c) Because he was weak.
(d) Because he was deceived.
13. What is the outcome of the meeting with Henry and his barons?
(a) New taxes.
(b) A set of guidelines.
(c) Civil war.
(d) Religious persecution.
14. What does Simon assemble in 1263?
(a) A navy.
(b) An international consensus.
(c) A governing council.
(d) An army.
15. Why is Bran's army outside the walls of Kenilworth?
(a) To betray them to Edward's army.
(b) To gather wood and food.
(c) To protect the inhabitants of the city.
(d) To enjoy the cool river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sparks a battle between Simon's army and Edward's?
2. How is Simon's leg broken?
3. What news does Edward give the de Montforts and Hal Planate genet?
4. How does Edward learn that Bran's army is exposed?
5. What happens when Simon commits his whole force to the attack?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)