|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Senena use to rescue Gruffydd and Owain?
(a) A small force of commandos.
(d) A sleeping draught.
2. Who does Elen join at Gloucester?
(a) Her father.
(b) Simon and Nell.
(d) Her brother Davydd.
3. What does Henry do to punish Simon and Nell?
(a) Attempts to kill them.
(b) Throws them out of the church.
(c) Forces them to separate.
(d) Disowns them.
4. Where do the English attack after beating back the Welsh?
(a) Cricieth Castle.
(c) The White Ladies Priory.
5. How does the king treat his captive?
6. Who surrenders to King Henry?
7. When did Llelo spend a lot of time with his grandfather?
(a) When his father was visiting the king.
(b) When his father was sick.
(c) When his father was in prison.
(d) When his father was at the war.
8. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The king's judgment about what to do with Gruffydd and Owain.
(b) The end of the siege.
(c) The beginning of the war.
(d) Simon's return.
9. Where do Elen and Nell go together?
10. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
(a) If Gruffydd is not loyal to the crown.
(b) If Owain is not alive.
(c) If Gruffydd has no heirs.
(d) If Davydd has no heirs.
11. What do Gruffydd and Owain plan to use for escape?
(a) A rope made from bedding.
(b) Knives made from cutlery.
(c) Forged documents.
12. What is Llanfaes?
(a) A summer cottage.
(c) Johanna's parents' estate.
(d) A castle where Johanna was imprisoned.
13. What does England gain as part of the surrender?
(b) All of Gruffydd's wealth.
(c) Davydd's daughters.
14. Why are Gruffydd and Senena asked to leave the castle?
(a) They fight with Llewelyn's other children.
(b) They have stolen from Llewelyn.
(c) They have disgraced Llewelyn.
(d) They have humiliated themselves.
15. What does Henry accuse Simon of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elen warned against doing?
2. Why has Elen wished her husband dead?
3. What comes of Llelo's fear?
4. What do the Welsh offer after the English attack?
5. Why does Davydd come to London?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)