|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do to punish Simon and Nell?
(a) Disowns them.
(b) Attempts to kill them.
(c) Throws them out of the church.
(d) Forces them to separate.
2. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
(a) Refugee problems.
3. How does Llewelyn Fawr's decision to build at Llanfaes affect his son Gruffydd?
(a) Gruffydd is relieved.
(b) Gruffydd is saddened.
(c) Gruffydd is outraged.
(d) Gruffydd is satisfied.
4. Who does Simon de Montfort visit at the beginning of Falls the Shadow?
(a) Llewelyn ap Gruffydd.
(b) King John.
(d) Earl of Chester.
5. Whose wedding do Simon de Montfort and Nell prepare to attend?
(c) Queen Eleanor's.
6. What does Elen learn during Gruffydd's visit to Mon?
(a) Her father has gone away.
(b) Her son has come home.
(c) Her husband is ill.
(d) Her son has died.
7. What is Simon de Montfort's intention toward Nell?
8. What is Simon powerless to stop?
(c) The rout of his forces.
(d) The defection of his leaders.
9. Where does Falls the Shadow lie in relation to the other books in the series?
(a) First in the series.
(b) Third in a tetralogy.
(c) Last in a pentalogy.
(d) Middle of a trilogy.
10. Who is Nell?
(a) Elen's mother.
(b) Elen's maternal aunt.
(c) Elen's daughter.
(d) Elen's friend.
11. What happens when Gruffydd wakes to see his son in the room?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He threatens him.
(c) He blinds him.
(d) He kills him.
12. What does Elen hear Gruffydd is planning, when she gets to Gloucester?
(a) Simon and Nell are ill.
(b) Gruffydd is ill.
(c) Gruffydd is raising an army.
(d) Simon is raising an army.
13. Who advises the king to abandon Wales?
14. What does Simon de Montfort ask for?
(a) The return of the Earldom of Leicester.
(b) Freedom to study in Germany.
(c) Permission to marry.
(d) Money to raise an army.
15. What does Davydd want from the English?
(b) Alliance against Gruffydd.
(c) Safe haven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gruffydd shame his brother?
2. Where do the English attack after beating back the Welsh?
3. What is Elen warned against doing?
4. What forces Owain to lie down when he goes with Davydd to Cricieth Castle to discuss a truce with Gruffydd?
5. When does Falls the Shadow begin?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)