|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elen hear Gruffydd is planning, when she gets to Gloucester?
(a) Simon is raising an army.
(b) Gruffydd is raising an army.
(c) Gruffydd is ill.
(d) Simon and Nell are ill.
2. What territory does Gruffydd want?
3. What is Nell afraid for?
(a) Her husband's life.
(b) Her brother's life.
(c) Her children's lives.
(d) Her own safety.
4. Where do the English attack after beating back the Welsh?
(c) Cricieth Castle.
(d) The White Ladies Priory.
5. Where is Nell, at the beginning of Chapter 13?
6. How does Henry behave when he sees Simon again in 1240?
(a) He apologizes for his anger.
(b) As though nothing had happened.
(c) He forgives all their troubles.
(d) He is hostile toward him.
7. What is the reason for the English forces' withdrawal?
(a) Shortage of supplies.
(b) Strengthening opposition by the Welsh.
(c) Onset of winter.
(d) A series of defeats.
8. Who does Llewelyn agree to help in this conflict?
(b) Simon de Montfort.
9. Whom does Senena convince her husband's supporters to oppose?
(b) King Henry.
10. What territory does Simon acquire after the war?
11. What does Henry do to punish Simon and Nell?
(a) Throws them out of the church.
(b) Forces them to separate.
(c) Attempts to kill them.
(d) Disowns them.
12. What news does Nell get of her sister?
(a) She has died in seclusion.
(b) She has taken their parents in.
(c) She has left her husband.
(d) She has entered a priory.
13. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
(c) Refugee problems.
14. What does Nell's servant warn her against?
(a) Betraying her husband.
(b) Making love with Simon de Montfort.
(c) Upsetting her mother.
(d) Losing her inheritance.
15. What does Gruffydd make his son do?
(a) Interpret his nightmare.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Promise not to say anything.
(d) Give up his inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vow has Nell taken?
2. What is John suffering from when Elen and Nell arrive?
3. Who is Rhodri?
4. How does Gruffydd die?
5. What happens to Gruffydd and Owain in the surrender?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)