|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Llelo find Elen when he comes to visit her?
(a) At the White Ladies Priory.
(b) At Mon.
(c) At Cricieth Castle.
(d) At Llanfaes.
2. What does Nell's servant warn her against?
(a) Losing her inheritance.
(b) Making love with Simon de Montfort.
(c) Betraying her husband.
(d) Upsetting her mother.
3. What is John suffering from when Elen and Nell arrive?
(a) Fury over his betrayal.
(b) Regret for having warred against his father.
(c) Spotted fever.
(d) Grief for the loss of his son.
4. What does Simon de Montfort ask for?
(a) Freedom to study in Germany.
(b) Permission to marry.
(c) Money to raise an army.
(d) The return of the Earldom of Leicester.
5. What does Llelo overhear in the garden?
(a) That Senena's children will be hostages to the king.
(b) That Gruffydd and Owain will be killed.
(c) That Gruffydd will be made king.
(d) That Simon will be killed.
6. Why are Gruffydd and Senena asked to leave the castle?
(a) They have humiliated themselves.
(b) They have stolen from Llewelyn.
(c) They have disgraced Llewelyn.
(d) They fight with Llewelyn's other children.
7. What happens when Gruffydd wakes to see his son in the room?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He blinds him.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He threatens him.
8. When does Falls the Shadow begin?
9. What does Gruffydd tell his father he is happy about?
(a) Llewelyn has included him in his estate.
(b) Gruffydd has been forgiven.
(c) Gruffydd has been given territories.
(d) Llewelyn is up and walking.
10. Why has Elen wished her husband dead?
(a) She wanted revenge for what he did to her parents.
(b) She wanted to be with her love.
(c) She hated him.
(d) She wanted to punish him for humiliating her with his affairs.
11. What does Elen learn during Gruffydd's visit to Mon?
(a) Her son has come home.
(b) Her husband is ill.
(c) Her son has died.
(d) Her father has gone away.
12. What does Elen hear Gruffydd is planning, when she gets to Gloucester?
(a) Simon and Nell are ill.
(b) Simon is raising an army.
(c) Gruffydd is raising an army.
(d) Gruffydd is ill.
13. What kind of person is Simon de Montfort discovered to be, when he enters his meeting?
14. What relation is the person Simon de Montfort meets to the King Henry III?
15. For how long have England and Wales been at war at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
2. How does Gruffydd's happiness with things affect the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn?
3. What do the English lose in battle?
4. Why is Henry angry with Simon?
5. Why is Gruffydd angry at Senena?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)