|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What territory does Gruffydd want?
2. What distracts Llelo?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father's dogs.
(c) His father's nightmare.
(d) A storm.
3. What does she want by this opposition?
(b) Cricieth Castle.
(c) Part of Gwynedd.
4. What happens when Simon de Montfort finds Nell's bedchamber?
(a) He makes love with her.
(b) She captures him.
(c) He rapes her.
(d) They do not make love.
5. What happens when Gruffydd wakes to see his son in the room?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He blinds him.
(c) He threatens him.
(d) He is embarrassed.
6. What does Henry do to punish Simon and Nell?
(a) Forces them to separate.
(b) Attempts to kill them.
(c) Throws them out of the church.
(d) Disowns them.
7. What is Simon powerless to stop?
(b) The rout of his forces.
(d) The defection of his leaders.
8. What does Davydd want from the English?
(a) Safe haven.
(d) Alliance against Gruffydd.
9. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
10. What is Gruffydd's response when he hears that his father is dying?
(a) He recruits assassins to kill his siblings.
(b) He refuses to go.
(c) He recruits an army to march on his castle.
(d) He rushes to him.
11. Why is Gruffydd angry at Senena?
(a) She was unfaithful to him.
(b) She betrayed him to his enemy.
(c) She turned to the enemy for help.
(d) She neglected her duties as a wife.
12. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The end of the siege.
(b) Simon's return.
(c) The beginning of the war.
(d) The king's judgment about what to do with Gruffydd and Owain.
13. What does Gruffydd make his son do?
(a) Interpret his nightmare.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Promise not to say anything.
(d) Give up his inheritance.
14. What does Llelo overhear in the garden?
(a) That Simon will be killed.
(b) That Gruffydd and Owain will be killed.
(c) That Gruffydd will be made king.
(d) That Senena's children will be hostages to the king.
15. What has Davydd done to Gruffydd and Owain?
(a) Drugged them.
(b) Poisoned them.
(c) Kidnapped them.
(d) Hidden them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes of Llelo's fear?
2. What does Llelo do when he hears that Llewelyn is dying?
3. What is Nell afraid for?
4. What is Llanfaes?
5. Who is Nell?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)