|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What territory does Gruffydd want?
2. Why does Llelo hide his affection for his grandfather?
(a) His father does not share it.
(b) His grandfather is a traitor.
(c) His father was betrayed by him.
(d) His grandfather has not included his son (Llelo's father) in the estate.
3. What does Senena use to rescue Gruffydd and Owain?
(b) A sleeping draught.
(c) A small force of commandos.
4. What is Llelo afraid of at the beginning of chapter 3?
(a) That his father will force him to return home.
(b) That his father will have him killed.
(c) That his father will be unhappy with him.
(d) That his father will disown him.
5. Who does Simon de Montfort meet while waiting to go in to his meeting?
6. What kind of person is Simon de Montfort discovered to be, when he enters his meeting?
7. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
(a) Cricieth Castle.
(b) Tower of London.
8. Who prevented Henry from imprisoning Simon and Nell?
(c) Queen Eleanor.
9. What is Nell afraid for?
(a) Her brother's life.
(b) Her husband's life.
(c) Her own safety.
(d) Her children's lives.
10. Why does Davydd come to London?
(a) To rescue Gruffydd.
(b) To pay homage to King Henry.
(c) To raise an army.
(d) To kill Gruffydd.
11. Whose wedding do Simon de Montfort and Nell prepare to attend?
(d) Queen Eleanor's.
12. When does Falls the Shadow begin?
13. What do Gruffydd and Owain plan to use for escape?
(b) A rope made from bedding.
(c) Forged documents.
(d) Knives made from cutlery.
14. Who does Elen join at Gloucester?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her brother Davydd.
(d) Simon and Nell.
15. What comes of Llelo's fear?
(a) He masters it.
(b) It is baseless.
(c) It is realized.
(d) It is banished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the English lose in battle?
2. Why has Elen wished her husband dead?
3. What is John suffering from when Elen and Nell arrive?
4. What does Simon de Montfort ask for?
5. Where is Nell, at the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)