|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elen learn during Gruffydd's visit to Mon?
(a) Her father has gone away.
(b) Her son has died.
(c) Her husband is ill.
(d) Her son has come home.
2. How does Gruffydd shame his brother?
(a) By reminding him of his crimes.
(b) By describing his affairs in detail.
(c) By recalling his moments of cowardice.
(d) By talking about his lack of children.
3. What does Davydd want from the English?
(a) Safe haven.
(d) Alliance against Gruffydd.
4. What kind of person is Simon de Montfort discovered to be, when he enters his meeting?
5. What distracts Llelo?
(a) A storm.
(b) His father's nightmare.
(c) His father's dogs.
(d) His mother.
6. Whose wedding do Simon de Montfort and Nell prepare to attend?
(c) Queen Eleanor's.
7. Why does Davydd come to London?
(a) To raise an army.
(b) To rescue Gruffydd.
(c) To kill Gruffydd.
(d) To pay homage to King Henry.
8. What was Senena going to provide for Gruffydd and Owain's escape?
(b) A small force.
(d) A boat.
9. What is Simon de Montfort's intention toward Nell?
10. What do the English lose in battle?
(a) Whole companies of men.
(c) Vital high ground.
11. What does Llelo do when he hears that Llewelyn is dying?
(a) Obtains his permission to go to him.
(b) He joins up in his father's army to besiege his castle.
(c) He refuses to go to him.
(d) He goes away.
12. How does the king treat his captive?
13. When does Falls the Shadow begin?
14. For how long have England and Wales been at war at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
15. What does Simon de Montfort ask for?
(a) The return of the Earldom of Leicester.
(b) Freedom to study in Germany.
(c) Permission to marry.
(d) Money to raise an army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes of Llelo's fear?
2. Why is Gruffydd angry at Senena?
3. Where does Llelo find Elen when he comes to visit her?
4. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. How does Llewelyn Fawr's decision to build at Llanfaes affect his son Gruffydd?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)