|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gruffydd shame his brother?
(a) By describing his affairs in detail.
(b) By recalling his moments of cowardice.
(c) By reminding him of his crimes.
(d) By talking about his lack of children.
2. Who surrenders to King Henry?
3. Where does Falls the Shadow lie in relation to the other books in the series?
(a) First in the series.
(b) Last in a pentalogy.
(c) Middle of a trilogy.
(d) Third in a tetralogy.
4. Whom does Senena convince her husband's supporters to oppose?
(a) King Henry.
5. What does Elen learn during Gruffydd's visit to Mon?
(a) Her son has died.
(b) Her husband is ill.
(c) Her father has gone away.
(d) Her son has come home.
6. What does Gruffydd tell his father he is happy about?
(a) Llewelyn is up and walking.
(b) Gruffydd has been forgiven.
(c) Gruffydd has been given territories.
(d) Llewelyn has included him in his estate.
7. Where do the English attack after beating back the Welsh?
(b) Cricieth Castle.
(c) The White Ladies Priory.
8. Why does Llelo hide his affection for his grandfather?
(a) His father was betrayed by him.
(b) His father does not share it.
(c) His grandfather has not included his son (Llelo's father) in the estate.
(d) His grandfather is a traitor.
9. What distracts Llelo?
(a) His father's dogs.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father's nightmare.
(d) A storm.
10. What is Elen expecting in Chapter 12?
(a) Her father's death.
(b) A baby.
(c) A war.
(d) Her husband's arrival.
11. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
12. What does Llelo want in his father's chamber?
(b) A snack.
(c) A weapon.
13. Why has Elen wished her husband dead?
(a) She hated him.
(b) She wanted to be with her love.
(c) She wanted revenge for what he did to her parents.
(d) She wanted to punish him for humiliating her with his affairs.
14. What is Simon powerless to stop?
(a) The rout of his forces.
(d) The defection of his leaders.
15. What consequence is Elen warned she will suffer?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the king treat his captive?
2. What has Llelo just had difficulty doing?
3. Whose wedding do Simon de Montfort and Nell prepare to attend?
4. What do the Welsh offer after the English attack?
5. What does Nell's servant warn her against?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)