|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Senena convince her husband's supporters to oppose?
(c) King Henry.
2. What news does Llewelyn Fawr get when Llelo is visiting?
(a) That his wife has died.
(b) That he is going to be arrested.
(c) That Llelo's father has left for war.
(d) That his wife is dying.
3. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
(b) Cricieth Castle.
(c) Tower of London.
4. Why are Gruffydd and Senena asked to leave the castle?
(a) They have humiliated themselves.
(b) They have stolen from Llewelyn.
(c) They have disgraced Llewelyn.
(d) They fight with Llewelyn's other children.
5. What does Davydd die of?
(b) Old age.
6. What relation is the person Simon de Montfort meets to the King Henry III?
7. What is the reason for the English forces' withdrawal?
(a) Shortage of supplies.
(b) A series of defeats.
(c) Strengthening opposition by the Welsh.
(d) Onset of winter.
8. What is John suffering from when Elen and Nell arrive?
(a) Fury over his betrayal.
(b) Regret for having warred against his father.
(c) Grief for the loss of his son.
(d) Spotted fever.
9. Who is missing from Llewelyn's deathbed?
(a) Only Gruffydd of his children.
(b) Llelo and Gruffydd.
(c) Llelo and his mother.
(d) Three of his children.
10. What does Gruffydd tell his father he is happy about?
(a) Gruffydd has been given territories.
(b) Llewelyn is up and walking.
(c) Gruffydd has been forgiven.
(d) Llewelyn has included him in his estate.
11. Who does Simon de Montfort meet while waiting to go in to his meeting?
12. Why does Llelo hide his affection for his grandfather?
(a) His father was betrayed by him.
(b) His father does not share it.
(c) His grandfather is a traitor.
(d) His grandfather has not included his son (Llelo's father) in the estate.
13. Where does Falls the Shadow lie in relation to the other books in the series?
(a) Middle of a trilogy.
(b) Third in a tetralogy.
(c) First in the series.
(d) Last in a pentalogy.
14. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
(a) If Gruffydd has no heirs.
(b) If Gruffydd is not loyal to the crown.
(c) If Owain is not alive.
(d) If Davydd has no heirs.
15. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Llelo afraid of at the beginning of chapter 3?
2. What does Llelo want in his father's chamber?
3. What does Henry accuse Simon of?
4. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
5. Who does Llewelyn agree to help in this conflict?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)