|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davydd die of?
(b) Old age.
2. Where is Nell, at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. How does Gruffydd's happiness with things affect the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn?
(a) Llewelyn is angry to see Gruffydd gloating.
(b) Llewelyn distrusts Gruffydd because of his happiness.
(c) The bitterness between them cannot be overcome.
(d) They lay aside their differences.
4. What vow has Nell taken?
5. What has Llelo just had difficulty doing?
(a) Being imprisoned.
(b) Running away from his mother.
(c) Killing his father.
(d) Rescuing his father from prison.
6. Why does Henry agree to let Nell marry Simon de Montfort?
(a) Simon de Montfort will be a strong ally.
(b) She tells him she is pregnant with his child.
(c) His father has recommended the alliance.
(d) She threatens him if he does not allow it.
7. What does Davydd want from the English?
(c) Safe haven.
(d) Alliance against Gruffydd.
8. Who is missing from Llewelyn's deathbed?
(a) Only Gruffydd of his children.
(b) Llelo and Gruffydd.
(c) Three of his children.
(d) Llelo and his mother.
9. What is Elen warned against doing?
(a) Letting her children move back home.
(b) Marrying her lover.
(c) Visiting King John.
(d) Selling property.
10. Where does Llelo find Elen when he comes to visit her?
(a) At Mon.
(b) At the White Ladies Priory.
(c) At Llanfaes.
(d) At Cricieth Castle.
11. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
12. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The beginning of the war.
(b) Simon's return.
(c) The end of the siege.
(d) The king's judgment about what to do with Gruffydd and Owain.
13. Who is Melangell?
(a) The king's mistress.
(b) Llewelyn's daughter by his lover.
(c) Gruffydd's lover.
(d) Llewelyn's lover.
14. Why does Llelo hide his affection for his grandfather?
(a) His grandfather is a traitor.
(b) His father does not share it.
(c) His father was betrayed by him.
(d) His grandfather has not included his son (Llelo's father) in the estate.
15. Why does Davydd come to London?
(a) To raise an army.
(b) To rescue Gruffydd.
(c) To pay homage to King Henry.
(d) To kill Gruffydd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
2. What happens to Gruffydd and Owain in the surrender?
3. Where do Elen and Nell go together?
4. Who prevented Henry from imprisoning Simon and Nell?
5. What does England gain as part of the surrender?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)