|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Senena use to rescue Gruffydd and Owain?
(b) A small force of commandos.
(d) A sleeping draught.
2. Where is Gruffydd's father dying?
(b) In King Henry's castle.
(c) Aberconwy Abbey.
3. What does Nell's servant warn her against?
(a) Betraying her husband.
(b) Making love with Simon de Montfort.
(c) Upsetting her mother.
(d) Losing her inheritance.
4. Who is missing from Llewelyn's deathbed?
(a) Three of his children.
(b) Only Gruffydd of his children.
(c) Llelo and Gruffydd.
(d) Llelo and his mother.
5. Who does Elen join at Gloucester?
(a) Simon and Nell.
(b) Her brother Davydd.
(d) Her father.
6. What does Davydd want from the English?
(a) Safe haven.
(b) Alliance against Gruffydd.
7. Where does Falls the Shadow lie in relation to the other books in the series?
(a) First in the series.
(b) Third in a tetralogy.
(c) Middle of a trilogy.
(d) Last in a pentalogy.
8. What does Davydd die of?
(a) Old age.
9. What is John suffering from when Elen and Nell arrive?
(a) Spotted fever.
(b) Fury over his betrayal.
(c) Regret for having warred against his father.
(d) Grief for the loss of his son.
10. How does Gruffydd shame his brother?
(a) By describing his affairs in detail.
(b) By talking about his lack of children.
(c) By reminding him of his crimes.
(d) By recalling his moments of cowardice.
11. How does Henry behave when he sees Simon again in 1240?
(a) As though nothing had happened.
(b) He apologizes for his anger.
(c) He forgives all their troubles.
(d) He is hostile toward him.
12. What do the English lose in battle?
(a) Vital high ground.
(b) Whole companies of men.
13. What happens to Gruffydd and Owain in the surrender?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They become hostages to the king.
(d) They are sent home.
14. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
(b) Cricieth Castle.
(d) Tower of London.
15. What is Simon de Montfort's intention toward Nell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
2. What does Gruffydd make his son do?
3. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. What has Llelo just had difficulty doing?
5. What is Llelo afraid of at the beginning of chapter 3?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)