|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consequence is Elen warned she will suffer?
2. Where does Falls the Shadow lie in relation to the other books in the series?
(a) Middle of a trilogy.
(b) First in the series.
(c) Third in a tetralogy.
(d) Last in a pentalogy.
3. Who does Simon de Montfort visit at the beginning of Falls the Shadow?
(a) Llewelyn ap Gruffydd.
(b) Earl of Chester.
(c) King John.
4. What happens to Gruffydd and Owain in the surrender?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They become hostages to the king.
(d) They are sent home.
5. Whose wedding do Simon de Montfort and Nell prepare to attend?
(c) Queen Eleanor's.
6. What does Llelo want in his father's chamber?
(b) A snack.
(c) A weapon.
7. What do the English lose in battle?
(b) Whole companies of men.
(d) Vital high ground.
8. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
(a) If Gruffydd has no heirs.
(b) If Gruffydd is not loyal to the crown.
(c) If Davydd has no heirs.
(d) If Owain is not alive.
9. What comes of Llelo's fear?
(a) He masters it.
(b) It is banished.
(c) It is baseless.
(d) It is realized.
10. For how long have England and Wales been at war at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A month.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) Two years.
11. What news does Llewelyn Fawr get when Llelo is visiting?
(a) That his wife has died.
(b) That Llelo's father has left for war.
(c) That he is going to be arrested.
(d) That his wife is dying.
12. Who is Melangell?
(a) Llewelyn's lover.
(b) Llewelyn's daughter by his lover.
(c) Gruffydd's lover.
(d) The king's mistress.
13. What does Senena use to rescue Gruffydd and Owain?
(a) A sleeping draught.
(b) A small force of commandos.
14. Where does Llelo find Elen when he comes to visit her?
(a) At Cricieth Castle.
(b) At the White Ladies Priory.
(c) At Mon.
(d) At Llanfaes.
15. What is Gruffydd's response when he hears that his father is dying?
(a) He rushes to him.
(b) He recruits an army to march on his castle.
(c) He refuses to go.
(d) He recruits assassins to kill his siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elen warned against doing?
2. What does Llelo overhear in the garden?
3. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
4. What does Elen hear Gruffydd is planning, when she gets to Gloucester?
5. Why is Henry angry with Simon?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)