|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gruffydd's happiness with things affect the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn?
(a) Llewelyn is angry to see Gruffydd gloating.
(b) They lay aside their differences.
(c) The bitterness between them cannot be overcome.
(d) Llewelyn distrusts Gruffydd because of his happiness.
2. Who does Simon de Montfort visit at the beginning of Falls the Shadow?
(a) Llewelyn ap Gruffydd.
(b) King John.
(c) Earl of Chester.
3. What does Llewelyn Fawr build at Llanfaes?
(a) A castle.
(b) A prison.
(c) A friary.
(d) A church.
4. What news does Nell get of her sister?
(a) She has entered a priory.
(b) She has taken their parents in.
(c) She has died in seclusion.
(d) She has left her husband.
5. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The king's judgment about what to do with Gruffydd and Owain.
(b) The beginning of the war.
(c) The end of the siege.
(d) Simon's return.
6. What does Elen hear Gruffydd is planning, when she gets to Gloucester?
(a) Gruffydd is ill.
(b) Simon is raising an army.
(c) Simon and Nell are ill.
(d) Gruffydd is raising an army.
7. What forces Owain to lie down when he goes with Davydd to Cricieth Castle to discuss a truce with Gruffydd?
8. What is Elen warned against doing?
(a) Visiting King John.
(b) Letting her children move back home.
(c) Selling property.
(d) Marrying her lover.
9. What happens when Simon de Montfort finds Nell's bedchamber?
(a) He makes love with her.
(b) She captures him.
(c) He rapes her.
(d) They do not make love.
10. Who does Elen join at Gloucester?
(a) Her father.
(b) Simon and Nell.
(d) Her brother Davydd.
11. What does Nell's servant warn her against?
(a) Making love with Simon de Montfort.
(b) Upsetting her mother.
(c) Betraying her husband.
(d) Losing her inheritance.
12. What are Elen's feelings on her husband's death?
(a) She is triumphant.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She blames herself.
(d) She is vicious.
13. What do Gruffydd and Owain plan to use for escape?
(a) Forged documents.
(b) Knives made from cutlery.
(d) A rope made from bedding.
14. Why does Llelo hide his affection for his grandfather?
(a) His father does not share it.
(b) His father was betrayed by him.
(c) His grandfather is a traitor.
(d) His grandfather has not included his son (Llelo's father) in the estate.
15. Whose wedding do Simon de Montfort and Nell prepare to attend?
(c) Queen Eleanor's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing from Llewelyn's deathbed?
2. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
3. Where is Gruffydd's father dying?
4. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
5. Why has Elen wished her husband dead?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)