|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nell afraid for?
(a) Her brother's life.
(b) Her children's lives.
(c) Her husband's life.
(d) Her own safety.
2. Where do Elen and Nell go together?
3. What does she want by this opposition?
(a) Part of Gwynedd.
(d) Cricieth Castle.
4. Where does Falls the Shadow lie in relation to the other books in the series?
(a) Last in a pentalogy.
(b) Middle of a trilogy.
(c) First in the series.
(d) Third in a tetralogy.
5. What does Senena use to rescue Gruffydd and Owain?
(b) A small force of commandos.
(c) A sleeping draught.
6. Who is Rhodri?
(a) Gruffydd's son.
(b) Llewelyn's nephew.
(c) Davydd's son.
(d) Llelo's uncle.
7. Who is Nell?
(a) Elen's friend.
(b) Elen's mother.
(c) Elen's maternal aunt.
(d) Elen's daughter.
8. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
9. What was Senena going to provide for Gruffydd and Owain's escape?
(b) A small force.
(c) A boat.
10. Who advises the king to abandon Wales?
11. How does Henry behave when he sees Simon again in 1240?
(a) As though nothing had happened.
(b) He forgives all their troubles.
(c) He apologizes for his anger.
(d) He is hostile toward him.
12. What is Llanfaes?
(a) Johanna's parents' estate.
(c) A summer cottage.
(d) A castle where Johanna was imprisoned.
13. Why does Henry agree to let Nell marry Simon de Montfort?
(a) Simon de Montfort will be a strong ally.
(b) She tells him she is pregnant with his child.
(c) She threatens him if he does not allow it.
(d) His father has recommended the alliance.
14. What does England gain as part of the surrender?
(c) Davydd's daughters.
(d) All of Gruffydd's wealth.
15. When did Llelo spend a lot of time with his grandfather?
(a) When his father was sick.
(b) When his father was visiting the king.
(c) When his father was in prison.
(d) When his father was at the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Simon de Montfort meet while waiting to go in to his meeting?
2. Why is Henry angry with Simon?
3. What does Simon de Montfort ask for?
4. What does Gruffydd tell his father he is happy about?
5. What does Elen hear Gruffydd is planning, when she gets to Gloucester?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)