|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long have England and Wales been at war at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Six months.
(b) A month.
(c) Two years.
(d) A year.
2. What is Simon de Montfort's intention toward Nell?
3. Who is Melangell?
(a) Gruffydd's lover.
(b) The king's mistress.
(c) Llewelyn's lover.
(d) Llewelyn's daughter by his lover.
4. What does Llelo want in his father's chamber?
(a) A snack.
(c) A weapon.
5. What does Llelo do when he hears that Llewelyn is dying?
(a) He joins up in his father's army to besiege his castle.
(b) Obtains his permission to go to him.
(c) He refuses to go to him.
(d) He goes away.
6. Who surrenders to King Henry?
7. Who is missing from Llewelyn's deathbed?
(a) Only Gruffydd of his children.
(b) Llelo and Gruffydd.
(c) Llelo and his mother.
(d) Three of his children.
8. What relation is the person Simon de Montfort meets to the King Henry III?
9. Where do the English attack after beating back the Welsh?
(a) The White Ladies Priory.
(c) Cricieth Castle.
10. What does Davydd die of?
(a) Old age.
11. When does Falls the Shadow begin?
12. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
(a) If Owain is not alive.
(b) If Gruffydd has no heirs.
(c) If Davydd has no heirs.
(d) If Gruffydd is not loyal to the crown.
13. What was Senena going to provide for Gruffydd and Owain's escape?
(b) A small force.
(c) A boat.
14. Who is Rhodri?
(a) Gruffydd's son.
(b) Davydd's son.
(c) Llewelyn's nephew.
(d) Llelo's uncle.
15. What does England gain as part of the surrender?
(a) Davydd's daughters.
(b) All of Gruffydd's wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elen expecting in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Henry agree to let Nell marry Simon de Montfort?
3. What does Llewelyn Fawr build at Llanfaes?
4. What territory does Simon acquire after the war?
5. Why has Elen wished her husband dead?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)