|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry angry with Simon?
(a) Simon had warred against him.
(b) Simon had made advances toward his daughter.
(c) Simon had once been allied against him.
(d) Simon owes money to the heirs of the Earl of Chester.
2. Who does Elen join at Gloucester?
(a) Her brother Davydd.
(b) Simon and Nell.
(d) Her father.
3. What is Gruffydd's response when he hears that his father is dying?
(a) He refuses to go.
(b) He rushes to him.
(c) He recruits assassins to kill his siblings.
(d) He recruits an army to march on his castle.
4. How does the king treat his captive?
5. What was Senena going to provide for Gruffydd and Owain's escape?
(a) A boat.
(b) A small force.
6. What happens to lift Nell's mood?
(a) She has a baby.
(b) Simon returns.
(c) She is told that Simon has been promoted.
(d) She hears that her sister is recovering.
7. What has Davydd done to Gruffydd and Owain?
(a) Poisoned them.
(b) Kidnapped them.
(c) Drugged them.
(d) Hidden them.
8. What do the English lose in battle?
(a) Whole companies of men.
(b) Vital high ground.
9. What is Simon de Montfort's intention toward Nell?
10. Who surrenders to King Henry?
11. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
(c) Refugee problems.
12. What does Elen hear Gruffydd is planning, when she gets to Gloucester?
(a) Simon and Nell are ill.
(b) Gruffydd is raising an army.
(c) Simon is raising an army.
(d) Gruffydd is ill.
13. What is Llelo afraid of at the beginning of chapter 3?
(a) That his father will disown him.
(b) That his father will force him to return home.
(c) That his father will have him killed.
(d) That his father will be unhappy with him.
14. Why does Davydd come to London?
(a) To pay homage to King Henry.
(b) To kill Gruffydd.
(c) To raise an army.
(d) To rescue Gruffydd.
15. What territory does Gruffydd want?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. Who is Melangell?
3. Where do Elen and Nell go together?
4. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
5. What has Llelo just had difficulty doing?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)