|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Llelo hide his affection for his grandfather?
(a) His father was betrayed by him.
(b) His grandfather is a traitor.
(c) His father does not share it.
(d) His grandfather has not included his son (Llelo's father) in the estate.
2. Who is missing from Llewelyn's deathbed?
(a) Three of his children.
(b) Only Gruffydd of his children.
(c) Llelo and Gruffydd.
(d) Llelo and his mother.
3. What distracts Llelo?
(a) A storm.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father's nightmare.
(d) His father's dogs.
4. What consequence is Elen warned she will suffer?
5. What kind of person is Simon de Montfort discovered to be, when he enters his meeting?
6. Why does Henry agree to let Nell marry Simon de Montfort?
(a) His father has recommended the alliance.
(b) She threatens him if he does not allow it.
(c) She tells him she is pregnant with his child.
(d) Simon de Montfort will be a strong ally.
7. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
8. Why has Elen wished her husband dead?
(a) She wanted to punish him for humiliating her with his affairs.
(b) She hated him.
(c) She wanted revenge for what he did to her parents.
(d) She wanted to be with her love.
9. Where does Llelo find Elen when he comes to visit her?
(a) At Llanfaes.
(b) At the White Ladies Priory.
(c) At Mon.
(d) At Cricieth Castle.
10. Who surrenders to King Henry?
11. What does Elen learn during Gruffydd's visit to Mon?
(a) Her son has come home.
(b) Her son has died.
(c) Her father has gone away.
(d) Her husband is ill.
12. Whom does Senena convince her husband's supporters to oppose?
(a) King Henry.
13. What does Davydd die of?
(b) Old age.
14. What is Gruffydd's response when he hears that his father is dying?
(a) He refuses to go.
(b) He recruits assassins to kill his siblings.
(c) He rushes to him.
(d) He recruits an army to march on his castle.
15. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
(a) If Gruffydd is not loyal to the crown.
(b) If Gruffydd has no heirs.
(c) If Davydd has no heirs.
(d) If Owain is not alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What territory does Simon acquire after the war?
2. What does Nell's servant warn her against?
3. How does Gruffydd shame his brother?
4. What is the reason for the English forces' withdrawal?
5. What does Gruffydd tell his father he is happy about?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)