|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gruffydd make his son do?
(a) Give up his inheritance.
(b) Promise not to say anything.
(c) Leave the house.
(d) Interpret his nightmare.
2. Why is Gruffydd angry at Senena?
(a) She was unfaithful to him.
(b) She neglected her duties as a wife.
(c) She turned to the enemy for help.
(d) She betrayed him to his enemy.
3. What consequence is Elen warned she will suffer?
4. Who surrenders to King Henry?
5. What territory does Simon acquire after the war?
6. What is Gruffydd's response when he hears that his father is dying?
(a) He recruits an army to march on his castle.
(b) He refuses to go.
(c) He recruits assassins to kill his siblings.
(d) He rushes to him.
7. What distracts Llelo?
(a) His father's nightmare.
(b) A storm.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father's dogs.
8. What does Elen learn during Gruffydd's visit to Mon?
(a) Her son has come home.
(b) Her son has died.
(c) Her husband is ill.
(d) Her father has gone away.
9. When did Llelo spend a lot of time with his grandfather?
(a) When his father was at the war.
(b) When his father was in prison.
(c) When his father was sick.
(d) When his father was visiting the king.
10. What does Davydd want from the English?
(b) Safe haven.
(d) Alliance against Gruffydd.
11. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
(b) Cricieth Castle.
(c) Tower of London.
12. What comes of Llelo's fear?
(a) It is banished.
(b) It is realized.
(c) It is baseless.
(d) He masters it.
13. What does Davydd die of?
(a) Old age.
14. Who does Elen join at Gloucester?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother Davydd.
(d) Simon and Nell.
15. What vow has Nell taken?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Davydd done to Gruffydd and Owain?
2. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. Why are Gruffydd and Senena asked to leave the castle?
4. What is Elen warned against doing?
5. What does Llelo want in his father's chamber?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)