|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gruffydd shame his brother?
(a) By talking about his lack of children.
(b) By describing his affairs in detail.
(c) By reminding him of his crimes.
(d) By recalling his moments of cowardice.
2. How does the king treat his captive?
3. Who is Nell?
(a) Elen's mother.
(b) Elen's daughter.
(c) Elen's friend.
(d) Elen's maternal aunt.
4. What does Davydd die of?
(a) Old age.
5. What does Davydd want from the English?
(b) Alliance against Gruffydd.
(c) Safe haven.
6. What does Gruffydd make his son do?
(a) Give up his inheritance.
(b) Promise not to say anything.
(c) Leave the house.
(d) Interpret his nightmare.
7. Why does Davydd come to London?
(a) To rescue Gruffydd.
(b) To pay homage to King Henry.
(c) To raise an army.
(d) To kill Gruffydd.
8. What happens to lift Nell's mood?
(a) Simon returns.
(b) She has a baby.
(c) She is told that Simon has been promoted.
(d) She hears that her sister is recovering.
9. What does Llelo overhear in the garden?
(a) That Senena's children will be hostages to the king.
(b) That Gruffydd will be made king.
(c) That Simon will be killed.
(d) That Gruffydd and Owain will be killed.
10. What vow has Nell taken?
11. What does Elen hear Gruffydd is planning, when she gets to Gloucester?
(a) Gruffydd is raising an army.
(b) Simon and Nell are ill.
(c) Gruffydd is ill.
(d) Simon is raising an army.
12. Who surrenders to King Henry?
13. What does Henry do to punish Simon and Nell?
(a) Forces them to separate.
(b) Attempts to kill them.
(c) Throws them out of the church.
(d) Disowns them.
14. What do the Welsh offer after the English attack?
(a) An admirable defense.
(b) A disorganized defense.
(c) A humiliating flight.
(d) An effective counterattack.
15. What territory does Simon acquire after the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elen warned against doing?
2. How does Gruffydd die?
3. What does Llewelyn Fawr build at Llanfaes?
4. How does Gruffydd's happiness with things affect the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn?
5. What was Senena going to provide for Gruffydd and Owain's escape?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)