|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Gruffydd and Senena asked to leave the castle?
(a) They have humiliated themselves.
(b) They fight with Llewelyn's other children.
(c) They have disgraced Llewelyn.
(d) They have stolen from Llewelyn.
2. Why is Gruffydd angry at Senena?
(a) She turned to the enemy for help.
(b) She betrayed him to his enemy.
(c) She was unfaithful to him.
(d) She neglected her duties as a wife.
3. Where does Falls the Shadow lie in relation to the other books in the series?
(a) Last in a pentalogy.
(b) Third in a tetralogy.
(c) First in the series.
(d) Middle of a trilogy.
4. What has Davydd done to Gruffydd and Owain?
(a) Poisoned them.
(b) Kidnapped them.
(c) Hidden them.
(d) Drugged them.
5. What do the Welsh offer after the English attack?
(a) A humiliating flight.
(b) An effective counterattack.
(c) A disorganized defense.
(d) An admirable defense.
6. What is Llelo afraid of at the beginning of chapter 3?
(a) That his father will have him killed.
(b) That his father will be unhappy with him.
(c) That his father will force him to return home.
(d) That his father will disown him.
7. Who does Simon de Montfort visit at the beginning of Falls the Shadow?
(b) Earl of Chester.
(c) King John.
(d) Llewelyn ap Gruffydd.
8. How does Henry behave when he sees Simon again in 1240?
(a) He is hostile toward him.
(b) As though nothing had happened.
(c) He forgives all their troubles.
(d) He apologizes for his anger.
9. What news does Llewelyn Fawr get when Llelo is visiting?
(a) That his wife is dying.
(b) That Llelo's father has left for war.
(c) That he is going to be arrested.
(d) That his wife has died.
10. How is Henry's war with France seen by the people?
11. Whose wedding do Simon de Montfort and Nell prepare to attend?
(d) Queen Eleanor's.
12. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
(a) Refugee problems.
13. What kind of person is Simon de Montfort discovered to be, when he enters his meeting?
14. What does Davydd want from the English?
(c) Safe haven.
(d) Alliance against Gruffydd.
15. What happens to Gruffydd and Owain in the surrender?
(a) They are sent home.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They become hostages to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to lift Nell's mood?
2. What consequence is Elen warned she will suffer?
3. How does Llewelyn Fawr's decision to build at Llanfaes affect his son Gruffydd?
4. How does Gruffydd shame his brother?
5. What does Henry accuse Simon of?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)