|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nell, at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. Who is Nell?
(a) Elen's maternal aunt.
(b) Elen's daughter.
(c) Elen's friend.
(d) Elen's mother.
3. What kind of person is Simon de Montfort discovered to be, when he enters his meeting?
4. What consequence is Elen warned she will suffer?
5. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The beginning of the war.
(b) Simon's return.
(c) The king's judgment about what to do with Gruffydd and Owain.
(d) The end of the siege.
6. What distracts Llelo?
(a) His father's dogs.
(b) His father's nightmare.
(c) His mother.
(d) A storm.
7. What does Elen learn during Gruffydd's visit to Mon?
(a) Her husband is ill.
(b) Her father has gone away.
(c) Her son has died.
(d) Her son has come home.
8. What does Llelo do when he hears that Llewelyn is dying?
(a) He refuses to go to him.
(b) He joins up in his father's army to besiege his castle.
(c) Obtains his permission to go to him.
(d) He goes away.
9. Who does Elen join at Gloucester?
(a) Her brother Davydd.
(b) Her father.
(c) Simon and Nell.
10. What does Simon de Montfort ask for?
(a) Permission to marry.
(b) The return of the Earldom of Leicester.
(c) Money to raise an army.
(d) Freedom to study in Germany.
11. What is Elen expecting in Chapter 12?
(a) Her husband's arrival.
(b) Her father's death.
(c) A baby.
(d) A war.
12. For how long have England and Wales been at war at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
13. Why does Henry agree to let Nell marry Simon de Montfort?
(a) Simon de Montfort will be a strong ally.
(b) His father has recommended the alliance.
(c) She tells him she is pregnant with his child.
(d) She threatens him if he does not allow it.
14. How does Gruffydd's happiness with things affect the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn?
(a) They lay aside their differences.
(b) Llewelyn is angry to see Gruffydd gloating.
(c) Llewelyn distrusts Gruffydd because of his happiness.
(d) The bitterness between them cannot be overcome.
15. What does Llewelyn Fawr build at Llanfaes?
(a) A church.
(b) A castle.
(c) A friary.
(d) A prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Welsh offer after the English attack?
2. What does Llelo overhear in the garden?
3. What is Llelo afraid of at the beginning of chapter 3?
4. What are Elen's feelings on her husband's death?
5. What territory does Gruffydd want?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)