|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Llewelyn Fawr's decision to build at Llanfaes affect his son Gruffydd?
(a) Gruffydd is satisfied.
(b) Gruffydd is saddened.
(c) Gruffydd is relieved.
(d) Gruffydd is outraged.
2. What forces Owain to lie down when he goes with Davydd to Cricieth Castle to discuss a truce with Gruffydd?
3. What does Nell's servant warn her against?
(a) Betraying her husband.
(b) Making love with Simon de Montfort.
(c) Upsetting her mother.
(d) Losing her inheritance.
4. What happens to Gruffydd and Owain in the surrender?
(a) They become hostages to the king.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They are sent home.
(d) They are executed.
5. Where do the English attack after beating back the Welsh?
(a) Cricieth Castle.
(c) The White Ladies Priory.
6. What is Simon powerless to stop?
(a) The rout of his forces.
(d) The defection of his leaders.
7. What consequence is Elen warned she will suffer?
8. What do the English lose in battle?
(c) Vital high ground.
(d) Whole companies of men.
9. Whose assistance will be used to fight Senena and her supporters?
(a) King Henry's.
(c) The Pope's.
(d) Llewelyn Fawr's.
10. Who is Rhodri?
(a) Llewelyn's nephew.
(b) Gruffydd's son.
(c) Llelo's uncle.
(d) Davydd's son.
11. What does Davydd want from the English?
(a) Safe haven.
(b) Alliance against Gruffydd.
12. What has Davydd done to Gruffydd and Owain?
(a) Drugged them.
(b) Poisoned them.
(c) Kidnapped them.
(d) Hidden them.
13. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
(a) If Gruffydd has no heirs.
(b) If Davydd has no heirs.
(c) If Owain is not alive.
(d) If Gruffydd is not loyal to the crown.
14. Whom does Senena convince her husband's supporters to oppose?
(a) King Henry.
15. Why does Davydd come to London?
(a) To pay homage to King Henry.
(b) To raise an army.
(c) To rescue Gruffydd.
(d) To kill Gruffydd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Nell get of her sister?
2. Who advises the king to abandon Wales?
3. How does Gruffydd die?
4. What do Gruffydd and Owain plan to use for escape?
5. What has Llelo just had difficulty doing?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)