|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nell, at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. Who is Nell?
(a) Elen's maternal aunt.
(b) Elen's daughter.
(c) Elen's mother.
(d) Elen's friend.
3. Why has Elen wished her husband dead?
(a) She wanted to be with her love.
(b) She wanted revenge for what he did to her parents.
(c) She hated him.
(d) She wanted to punish him for humiliating her with his affairs.
4. What has Davydd done to Gruffydd and Owain?
(a) Drugged them.
(b) Hidden them.
(c) Poisoned them.
(d) Kidnapped them.
5. What has Llelo just had difficulty doing?
(a) Being imprisoned.
(b) Rescuing his father from prison.
(c) Killing his father.
(d) Running away from his mother.
6. What happens when Simon de Montfort finds Nell's bedchamber?
(a) He rapes her.
(b) They do not make love.
(c) She captures him.
(d) He makes love with her.
7. Who does Llewelyn agree to help in this conflict?
(c) Simon de Montfort.
8. What is Simon powerless to stop?
(b) The rout of his forces.
(c) The defection of his leaders.
9. What happens to Gruffydd and Owain in the surrender?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They become hostages to the king.
(d) They are sent home.
10. What is the consequence of Henry's war with France?
(a) Refugee problems.
11. What does Llelo do when he hears that Llewelyn is dying?
(a) He joins up in his father's army to besiege his castle.
(b) He refuses to go to him.
(c) Obtains his permission to go to him.
(d) He goes away.
12. Where do the English attack after beating back the Welsh?
(b) Cricieth Castle.
(d) The White Ladies Priory.
13. Who surrenders to King Henry?
14. Why does Henry agree to let Nell marry Simon de Montfort?
(a) She threatens him if he does not allow it.
(b) Simon de Montfort will be a strong ally.
(c) She tells him she is pregnant with his child.
(d) His father has recommended the alliance.
15. What happens when Gruffydd wakes to see his son in the room?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He blinds him.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He threatens him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Simon de Montfort visit at the beginning of Falls the Shadow?
2. What territory does Gruffydd want?
3. What does Gruffydd tell his father he is happy about?
4. How does Gruffydd die?
5. What is Elen expecting in Chapter 12?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)