|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the English attack after beating back the Welsh?
(a) The White Ladies Priory.
(b) Cricieth Castle.
2. What kind of person is Simon de Montfort discovered to be, when he enters his meeting?
3. Why does Henry agree to let Nell marry Simon de Montfort?
(a) His father has recommended the alliance.
(b) She threatens him if he does not allow it.
(c) Simon de Montfort will be a strong ally.
(d) She tells him she is pregnant with his child.
4. How does Gruffydd shame his brother?
(a) By recalling his moments of cowardice.
(b) By reminding him of his crimes.
(c) By talking about his lack of children.
(d) By describing his affairs in detail.
5. Where is Gruffydd's father dying?
(b) Aberconwy Abbey.
(d) In King Henry's castle.
6. For how long have England and Wales been at war at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) Six months.
7. What vow has Nell taken?
8. What has Davydd done to Gruffydd and Owain?
(a) Drugged them.
(b) Hidden them.
(c) Kidnapped them.
(d) Poisoned them.
9. What does Simon de Montfort ask for?
(a) Money to raise an army.
(b) Permission to marry.
(c) Freedom to study in Germany.
(d) The return of the Earldom of Leicester.
10. What does Henry do to punish Simon and Nell?
(a) Throws them out of the church.
(b) Forces them to separate.
(c) Disowns them.
(d) Attempts to kill them.
11. What is Simon powerless to stop?
(a) The defection of his leaders.
(c) The rout of his forces.
12. What is John suffering from when Elen and Nell arrive?
(a) Fury over his betrayal.
(b) Spotted fever.
(c) Regret for having warred against his father.
(d) Grief for the loss of his son.
13. What does Llelo want in his father's chamber?
(a) A weapon.
(d) A snack.
14. What does England gain as part of the surrender?
(c) All of Gruffydd's wealth.
(d) Davydd's daughters.
15. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
(a) Cricieth Castle.
(d) Tower of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose assistance will be used to fight Senena and her supporters?
2. What news does Llewelyn Fawr get when Llelo is visiting?
3. When did Llelo spend a lot of time with his grandfather?
4. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
5. What do Gruffydd and Owain plan to use for escape?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)