|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gruffydd shame his brother?
(a) By talking about his lack of children.
(b) By reminding him of his crimes.
(c) By recalling his moments of cowardice.
(d) By describing his affairs in detail.
2. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
(a) If Gruffydd is not loyal to the crown.
(b) If Davydd has no heirs.
(c) If Gruffydd has no heirs.
(d) If Owain is not alive.
3. What was Senena going to provide for Gruffydd and Owain's escape?
(a) A small force.
(c) A boat.
4. Where does Falls the Shadow lie in relation to the other books in the series?
(a) First in the series.
(b) Last in a pentalogy.
(c) Third in a tetralogy.
(d) Middle of a trilogy.
5. How does Gruffydd die?
(a) He falls to his death during an escape attempt.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He dies from malnutrition after a long imprisonment.
(d) He is stabbed.
6. What does Llelo do when he hears that Llewelyn is dying?
(a) He joins up in his father's army to besiege his castle.
(b) He refuses to go to him.
(c) Obtains his permission to go to him.
(d) He goes away.
7. Whom does Senena convince her husband's supporters to oppose?
(c) King Henry.
8. What is Nell afraid for?
(a) Her husband's life.
(b) Her own safety.
(c) Her brother's life.
(d) Her children's lives.
9. Why is Gruffydd angry at Senena?
(a) She neglected her duties as a wife.
(b) She betrayed him to his enemy.
(c) She was unfaithful to him.
(d) She turned to the enemy for help.
10. What forces Owain to lie down when he goes with Davydd to Cricieth Castle to discuss a truce with Gruffydd?
11. Where does Llelo find Elen when he comes to visit her?
(a) At Llanfaes.
(b) At the White Ladies Priory.
(c) At Mon.
(d) At Cricieth Castle.
12. Who prevented Henry from imprisoning Simon and Nell?
(c) Queen Eleanor.
13. Who does Simon de Montfort meet while waiting to go in to his meeting?
14. How does Llewelyn Fawr's decision to build at Llanfaes affect his son Gruffydd?
(a) Gruffydd is outraged.
(b) Gruffydd is relieved.
(c) Gruffydd is saddened.
(d) Gruffydd is satisfied.
15. Where have Gruffydd and Owain been taken?
(a) Cricieth Castle.
(c) Tower of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to lift Nell's mood?
2. What does Llelo want in his father's chamber?
3. What is Nell waiting for at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. What do the Welsh offer after the English attack?
5. What happens when Simon de Montfort finds Nell's bedchamber?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)