Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue and Chapters 1-2
1. Why is Llelo's relationship with his grandfather a secret?
2. Who are Llelo's parents, and what status does this give him?
3. What does Llelo see that he is not supposed to see, and what does his father make him do?
4. Describe Johanna's death.
5. What is Llewelyn's response to Johanna's death?
6. What does Llelo talk about with his grandfather?
Short Essay Question - Chapters 3-5
7. How does the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn change...
This section contains 686 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)