|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Gruffydd and Senena asked to leave the castle?
(a) They have disgraced Llewelyn.
(b) They fight with Llewelyn's other children.
(c) They have stolen from Llewelyn.
(d) They have humiliated themselves.
2. Why is Henry angry with Simon?
(a) Simon had warred against him.
(b) Simon had once been allied against him.
(c) Simon owes money to the heirs of the Earl of Chester.
(d) Simon had made advances toward his daughter.
3. What has Davydd done to Gruffydd and Owain?
(a) Poisoned them.
(b) Drugged them.
(c) Hidden them.
(d) Kidnapped them.
4. Why does Davydd come to London?
(a) To kill Gruffydd.
(b) To raise an army.
(c) To pay homage to King Henry.
(d) To rescue Gruffydd.
5. What does Llelo overhear in the garden?
(a) That Gruffydd and Owain will be killed.
(b) That Simon will be killed.
(c) That Gruffydd will be made king.
(d) That Senena's children will be hostages to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to lift Nell's mood?
2. How does Gruffydd's happiness with things affect the relationship between Gruffydd and Llewelyn?
3. What happens to Gruffydd and Owain in the surrender?
4. Where does Falls the Shadow lie in relation to the other books in the series?
5. Under what condition would Gwynedd pass to the English crown?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)