|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon have the chance to do, but turns it down?
(a) Depose the king.
(b) Raise an army against King Henry.
(c) Rule France.
(d) Be seneschal for the French King.
2. Why is Simon called to England again?
(a) Complaints are still being made against him.
(b) He is going to be promoted.
(c) Henry wants to put someone else in charge.
(d) Henry wants to shield Simon from hostility.
3. What does Llelo do when he hears that Llewelyn is dying?
(a) He refuses to go to him.
(b) He goes away.
(c) He joins up in his father's army to besiege his castle.
(d) Obtains his permission to go to him.
4. What does Llewelyn want Davydd to see?
(a) The need for local power in the lords.
(b) The desirability of unity with England.
(c) The importance of unifying Wales.
(d) His reasons for ruling with leniency.
5. What is Simon accused of?
(a) Betraying the king.
(b) Changing the laws without due process.
(c) Treating the lords unfairly.
(d) Stealing from the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bran de Montfort squash Edward's escape attempt?
2. What is Henry's response to the outcome?
3. What does Simon have to do after the victory over Henry?
4. What argument is made in answer to the complaints?
5. What brings Nell back to England?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)