|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument is made in answer to the complaints?
(a) That Simon was only doing what was necessary.
(b) That the lords themselves were corrupt.
(c) That the lords are too well taken care of, and are getting spoiled.
(d) That Simon has the right as seneschal to do what he likes.
2. What happens in the first wave of the attack?
(a) Simon's knights pin Edward in the city.
(b) Edward turns the attackers back, and follows them into the woods.
(c) King Henry surrenders.
(d) Simon's army is routed.
3. Who is missing from Llewelyn's deathbed?
(a) Only Gruffydd of his children.
(b) Llelo and Gruffydd.
(c) Llelo and his mother.
(d) Three of his children.
4. What happens to Simon's daughter by the time he gets home?
(a) She has died.
(b) She has given birth.
(c) She has married.
(d) She has fled.
5. What is Gruffydd's response when he hears that his father is dying?
(a) He recruits assassins to kill his siblings.
(b) He refuses to go.
(c) He rushes to him.
(d) He recruits an army to march on his castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Simon called to England again?
2. Who does Elen join at Gloucester?
3. What brings Nell back to England?
4. How does Bran de Montfort squash Edward's escape attempt?
5. How does Henry behave when he sees Simon again in 1240?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)