|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Summer's biggest fear is being taken away from whom after her father is arrested?
2. With whom does Summer go to a restaurant for dinner on Thanksgiving?
3. What is an impulse control disorder characterized by the repeated urge to pick at one's own skin, often to the extent that damage is caused?
4. Autumn has Thanksgiving dinner at whose home in the novel?
5. By what name was Kristina going when she met Hunter's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
2. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
3. What leads Autumn to begin drinking in the novel? Where does this first show to be a problem?
4. What is Hunter's reaction upon first seeing the man he believes to be his biological father in the novel? Where does this take place?
5. What happens after Nikki discovers Hunter's infidelity in the novel? Where does Hunter move?
6. What discussions does Hunter have with his adoptive parents after leaving Nikki in the novel? What does Hunter learn?
7. What major discoveries does Hunter gain from his two fathers in the novel? How do these discoveries change his character?
8. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
9. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
10. How does Summer feel about her decision to run away from her foster home in the novel? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Autumn's relationship with her aunt and grandfather in the novel. How has Autumn's childhood illustrated greater stability than those of her siblings? What does Autumn know about her father and how does she feel about his abandonment?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the differences between Summer's childhood and relationship with her parents from those of her siblings. How has Summer's exposure to her parents affected her interpersonal relationships with others? How does Summer feel about each of her parents?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the effects of crank on Kristina's character. What characteristics does Kristina exhibit which are clearly results of her chemical abuse? How does Hunter respond to seeing his mother at Christmas, and how has their relationship been affected by Kristina's drug use?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)