|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Autumn invite over while Aunt Cora is gone looking for a wedding church in the novel?
2. Who saves Autumn from being raped after she drinks too much at her aunt's wedding?
3. Where does Hunter run into his biological father?
4. Autumn has Thanksgiving dinner in what city in the novel?
5. Autumn nearly raped by whom at her aunt's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed by Autumn's illness in the novel? Who suggests a potential cause for the illness?
2. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
3. Whom does Hunter move in with after leaving his parents' house in the novel? Why? What party does Hunter attend at this time?
4. What are Summer's experiences with each of her parents like on Thanksgiving in the novel? What does she discover about her family?
5. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
6. How does Summer feel about her decision to run away from her foster home in the novel? Why?
7. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
8. What does Hunter learn from Brendan about his past in the novel? How has Brendan changed?
9. Where does Kyle spend Thanksgiving in the novel? How does Summer feel about his absence?
10. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the differences between Summer's childhood and relationship with her parents from those of her siblings. How has Summer's exposure to her parents affected her interpersonal relationships with others? How does Summer feel about each of her parents?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Hunter's attraction to infidelity in the novel. Why is Hunter compelled to cheat, and how does this behavior mirror that of his mother? What effect does Hunter's infidelity have on his relationship with Nikki? In what ways is it seen as "addictive" behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the effects of crank on Kristina's character. What characteristics does Kristina exhibit which are clearly results of her chemical abuse? How does Hunter respond to seeing his mother at Christmas, and how has their relationship been affected by Kristina's drug use?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)