|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what offense does Summer's father spend the weekend in jail in the novel?
2. With whom does Hunter do a remote radio show on the day after Thanksgiving?
3. With whom does Summer run away from her new foster family?
4. Who advises Hunter not to sleep with the listener he gave concert tickets to?
5. What refers to a perception in the absence of a stimulus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
2. What encounter does Hunter have at the Sparks Hometown Christmas Parade in the novel? Who advises him against his actions?
3. How does Summer feel about her decision to run away from her foster home in the novel? Why?
4. What does Hunter learn from Brendan about his past in the novel? How has Brendan changed?
5. What happens after Nikki discovers Hunter's infidelity in the novel? Where does Hunter move?
6. What leads Autumn to begin drinking in the novel? Where does this first show to be a problem?
7. What is foreshadowed by Autumn's illness in the novel? Who suggests a potential cause for the illness?
8. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
9. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
10. How does Autumn feel about the wedding planning for her aunt after Thanksgiving in the novel? Who does she invite over while her aunt is away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the impact of Kristina's actions on her mother, Marie Haskins, and her stepfather, Scott Haskins. In what ways has Marie defended and even enabled her daughter's harmful behavior? Why? How have Kristina's actions impacted her siblings?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the relationship between Nikki and Hunter in the narrative. How has Hunter's past and family impacted his ability to be secure in his relationships? How has Nikki's past affected her relationships? How do each of their families compare?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Hunter's attraction to infidelity in the novel. Why is Hunter compelled to cheat, and how does this behavior mirror that of his mother? What effect does Hunter's infidelity have on his relationship with Nikki? In what ways is it seen as "addictive" behavior?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)