|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advises Hunter to let his concerns about his father go?
2. Summer sees Kyle lose his temper the day they told whom about them?
3. Summer's father lets slip that she has ________ on Thanksgiving.
4. Where does Hunter move once Nikki has discovered he cheated on her?
5. Who advises Hunter not to sleep with the listener he gave concert tickets to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Summer feel about her decision to run away from her foster home in the novel? Why?
2. What is Hunter's reaction upon first seeing the man he believes to be his biological father in the novel? Where does this take place?
3. What are Summer's experiences with each of her parents like on Thanksgiving in the novel? What does she discover about her family?
4. What major discoveries does Hunter gain from his two fathers in the novel? How do these discoveries change his character?
5. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
6. What does Hunter learn from Brendan about his past in the novel? How has Brendan changed?
7. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
8. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
9. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
10. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the career of author Ellen Hopkins and discuss the principle characters, subjects and themes in the Crank series. How old is Kristina Snow when she is introduced in the first novel, Crank? What are the effects of Kristina's actions in the first two novels? How do the first two novels of the series relate to the subjects in Fallout?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Summer's relationships with Ashante and Erica in the novel. How long does Summer live in the foster home with these girls? What leads up to Summer's violent confrontation with Erica? Who breaks up the confrontation and what is its effect on the family?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the theme of teenage pregnancy in the novel. How old was Kristina when she first gave birth? How is teenage pregnancy foreshadowed in both of Kristina's daughters in the narrative? How is teenage pregnancy related to the theme of responsibility?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)