|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a psychotic disorder that appears in some people who use stimulant drugs?
2. Who kept moving around when Autumn was little to keep her family from finding her?
3. What were Hunter's parents taking when he was conceived?
4. Where does Hunter run into his biological father?
5. Summer worries that her new foster father is __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Hunter move in with after leaving his parents' house in the novel? Why? What party does Hunter attend at this time?
2. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
3. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
4. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
5. What leads Autumn to begin drinking in the novel? Where does this first show to be a problem?
6. What does Hunter learn from Brendan about his past in the novel? How has Brendan changed?
7. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
8. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
9. Where does Kyle spend Thanksgiving in the novel? How does Summer feel about his absence?
10. How does Autumn feel about the wedding planning for her aunt after Thanksgiving in the novel? Who does she invite over while her aunt is away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the effects of crank on Kristina's character. What characteristics does Kristina exhibit which are clearly results of her chemical abuse? How does Hunter respond to seeing his mother at Christmas, and how has their relationship been affected by Kristina's drug use?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Autumn's relationship with her father after they have first met. How does Trey's presence inspire Autumn to meet her mother? Is this meeting a positive or negative thing for Autumn's development? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Autumn's relationship with her aunt and grandfather in the novel. How has Autumn's childhood illustrated greater stability than those of her siblings? What does Autumn know about her father and how does she feel about his abandonment?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)