|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hunter move in with in the course of the novel?
2. Whom does Nikki overhear a message from on Hunter's phone, indicating he has cheated on her?
3. Kyle has to spend the day in what city on Thanksgiving?
4. Where does Aunt Cora go to look for a church for her wedding in the novel?
5. Hunter learns that his biological grandfather has been arrested again for what after Nikki has left him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Summer feel about her decision to run away from her foster home in the novel? Why?
2. What is foreshadowed by Autumn's illness in the novel? Who suggests a potential cause for the illness?
3. What confrontations does Summer have with her mother and father after her father spends the weekend in jail in the novel?
4. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
5. What happens after Nikki discovers Hunter's infidelity in the novel? Where does Hunter move?
6. What are Summer's experiences with each of her parents like on Thanksgiving in the novel? What does she discover about her family?
7. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
8. Whom does Hunter move in with after leaving his parents' house in the novel? Why? What party does Hunter attend at this time?
9. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
10. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss examples of symbolism and imagery in the narrative. What does the stranger at the talent show represent to Hunter? What is symbolized by Hunter's infidelity with Leah in the narrative? What does Kristina represent symbolically to each of her children?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the differences between Summer's childhood and relationship with her parents from those of her siblings. How has Summer's exposure to her parents affected her interpersonal relationships with others? How does Summer feel about each of her parents?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the career of author Ellen Hopkins and discuss the principle characters, subjects and themes in the Crank series. How old is Kristina Snow when she is introduced in the first novel, Crank? What are the effects of Kristina's actions in the first two novels? How do the first two novels of the series relate to the subjects in Fallout?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)