|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Autumn's dad in the novel?
2. Whom does Hunter move in with in the course of the novel?
3. The new foster home Summer is sent to in the novel has how many other girls living there?
4. Whom does Summer overhear a message from on the answering machine after her father is arrested?
5. What is a psychotic disorder that appears in some people who use stimulant drugs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, analyze and discuss the narrative style of the novel. From whose perspective is the story told and how does this shift throughout the novel? How many protagonists does the novel have? Is the narrative point of view omniscient or limited?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of sexual abuse in the novel. Which characters have been abused and by whom? Who is to blame for the abuse that Kristina's children have suffered and why? In what ways did Kristina herself face sexual abuse?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the insecurity and isolation which plague Autumn in the novel. Why does Autumn feel incapable of being loved? How did her parents' actions contribute to Autumn's insecurity and inferiority complexes? How does she attempt to overcome them?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)