|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hunter spend his days doing in order to keep busy after Nikki has left him?
2. Where does Hunter move once Nikki has discovered he cheated on her?
3. What does Autumn begin to do in an attempt to keep her anxiety about the wedding under control in the fourth section of the novel?
4. What were Hunter's parents taking when he was conceived?
5. Whom does Autumn's aunt announce she is marrying on Thanksgiving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
2. What is Hunter's reaction upon first seeing the man he believes to be his biological father in the novel? Where does this take place?
3. What confrontations does Summer have with her mother and father after her father spends the weekend in jail in the novel?
4. Whom does Hunter move in with after leaving his parents' house in the novel? Why? What party does Hunter attend at this time?
5. Where does Kyle spend Thanksgiving in the novel? How does Summer feel about his absence?
6. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
7. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
8. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
9. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
10. What encounter does Hunter have at the Sparks Hometown Christmas Parade in the novel? Who advises him against his actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the insecurity and isolation which plague Autumn in the novel. Why does Autumn feel incapable of being loved? How did her parents' actions contribute to Autumn's insecurity and inferiority complexes? How does she attempt to overcome them?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Brendan in the narrative. What does Hunter realize about Brendan when he finally confronts him? How does this discovery change Hunter's perception of his history and himself in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Autumn's relationship with her aunt and grandfather in the novel. How has Autumn's childhood illustrated greater stability than those of her siblings? What does Autumn know about her father and how does she feel about his abandonment?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)