|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a perception in the absence of a stimulus?
2. Summer's father lets slip that she has ________ on Thanksgiving.
3. Where do Summer and her boyfriend hope to live until they find jobs after running away from Summer's foster home?
4. What concerns Hunter about his biological father?
5. Where does Hunter move once Nikki has discovered he cheated on her?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Summer's relationships with Ashante and Erica in the novel. How long does Summer live in the foster home with these girls? What leads up to Summer's violent confrontation with Erica? Who breaks up the confrontation and what is its effect on the family?
Essay Topic 2
Define, analyze and discuss the themes of abandonment and neglect in the novel. What effects have been seen in Kristina's children of their abandonment by their parents? How has their neglect or abandonment affected them differently. How are the older children's experiences better or worse than those of the elder children?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss examples of symbolism and imagery in the narrative. What does the stranger at the talent show represent to Hunter? What is symbolized by Hunter's infidelity with Leah in the narrative? What does Kristina represent symbolically to each of her children?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)