|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Autumn's dad in the novel?
2. After running away from her new foster home, Summer stops by whose trailer so that she can borrow clothes and some money?
3. Autumn nearly raped by whom at her aunt's wedding?
4. What is a psychotic disorder that appears in some people who use stimulant drugs?
5. The new foster home Summer is sent to in the novel has how many other girls living there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the relationship between Nikki and Hunter in the narrative. How has Hunter's past and family impacted his ability to be secure in his relationships? How has Nikki's past affected her relationships? How do each of their families compare?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the insecurity and isolation which plague Autumn in the novel. Why does Autumn feel incapable of being loved? How did her parents' actions contribute to Autumn's insecurity and inferiority complexes? How does she attempt to overcome them?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the impact of Kristina's actions on her mother, Marie Haskins, and her stepfather, Scott Haskins. In what ways has Marie defended and even enabled her daughter's harmful behavior? Why? How have Kristina's actions impacted her siblings?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)