|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hunter's father tells him that a court order requiring him to _____________changed his life from being a drug addict.
2. Who kept moving around when Autumn was little to keep her family from finding her?
3. What refers to an eating disorder characterized by refusal to maintain a healthy body weight, and an obsessive fear of gaining weight?
4. With whom does Summer go to a restaurant for dinner on Thanksgiving?
5. After running away from her new foster home, Summer stops by whose trailer so that she can borrow clothes and some money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discussions does Hunter have with his adoptive parents after leaving Nikki in the novel? What does Hunter learn?
2. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
3. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
4. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
5. What encounter does Hunter have at the Sparks Hometown Christmas Parade in the novel? Who advises him against his actions?
6. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
7. How does Autumn feel about the wedding planning for her aunt after Thanksgiving in the novel? Who does she invite over while her aunt is away?
8. What is foreshadowed by Autumn's illness in the novel? Who suggests a potential cause for the illness?
9. What happens after Nikki discovers Hunter's infidelity in the novel? Where does Hunter move?
10. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Brendan in the narrative. What does Hunter realize about Brendan when he finally confronts him? How does this discovery change Hunter's perception of his history and himself in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the insecurity and isolation which plague Autumn in the novel. Why does Autumn feel incapable of being loved? How did her parents' actions contribute to Autumn's insecurity and inferiority complexes? How does she attempt to overcome them?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the effects of crank on Kristina's character. What characteristics does Kristina exhibit which are clearly results of her chemical abuse? How does Hunter respond to seeing his mother at Christmas, and how has their relationship been affected by Kristina's drug use?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)