|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Summer and her boyfriend hope to live until they find jobs after running away from Summer's foster home?
2. Who is heartbroken and promises to find a way so they can be together when Summer is sent to a foster family?
3. Who advises Hunter not to sleep with the listener he gave concert tickets to?
4. Autumn fantasizes about having a baby with __________.
5. What has Autumn told Bryce about her parents, which he discovers is a lie the day of her aunt's wedding?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Autumn's relationship with her aunt and grandfather in the novel. How has Autumn's childhood illustrated greater stability than those of her siblings? What does Autumn know about her father and how does she feel about his abandonment?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Autumn's relationship with her father after they have first met. How does Trey's presence inspire Autumn to meet her mother? Is this meeting a positive or negative thing for Autumn's development? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss the motif of journeys in the novel. What characters take a physical journey during the holidays? What does each of these journeys represent symbolically and psychologically for the characters?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)