|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What typically refers to a heart rate that exceeds the normal range for a resting heart rate?
2. What does Autumn begin to do in an attempt to keep her anxiety about the wedding under control in the fourth section of the novel?
3. Where does Aunt Cora go to look for a church for her wedding in the novel?
4. Who advises Hunter not to sleep with the listener he gave concert tickets to?
5. Where is Summer told she is moving to live with a foster family after her father's arrest?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the theme of teenage pregnancy in the novel. How old was Kristina when she first gave birth? How is teenage pregnancy foreshadowed in both of Kristina's daughters in the narrative? How is teenage pregnancy related to the theme of responsibility?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the impact of Kristina's actions on her mother, Marie Haskins, and her stepfather, Scott Haskins. In what ways has Marie defended and even enabled her daughter's harmful behavior? Why? How have Kristina's actions impacted her siblings?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Brendan in the narrative. What does Hunter realize about Brendan when he finally confronts him? How does this discovery change Hunter's perception of his history and himself in the novel?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)