|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Liam's cousin who takes Autumn outside and helps her relax on Thanksgiving?
2. What typically refers to a heart rate that exceeds the normal range for a resting heart rate?
(a) Anorexia nervosa.
(d) Stimulant psychosis.
3. Who goes with Aunt Cora to look for a church for her wedding in the novel?
(a) Her father.
(c) Mary Jo.
(d) Her son.
4. Whom does Hunter move in with in the course of the novel?
5. Summer's father lets slip that she has ________ on Thanksgiving.
(a) A son.
(b) A brother.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Autumn nearly raped by whom at her aunt's wedding?
2. Methamphetamine is dispensed in the United States under what trademark name?
3. Who advises Hunter to let his concerns about his father go?
4. Whom does Summer argue with on the telephone on Thanksgiving?
5. Autumn has Thanksgiving dinner in what city in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Autumn feel about the wedding planning for her aunt after Thanksgiving in the novel? Who does she invite over while her aunt is away?
2. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
3. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
4. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
5. What encounter does Hunter have at the Sparks Hometown Christmas Parade in the novel? Who advises him against his actions?
6. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
7. What discussions does Hunter have with his adoptive parents after leaving Nikki in the novel? What does Hunter learn?
8. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
9. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
10. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)