|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On their first morning together after running away from Summer's foster home, Summer discovers that her boyfriend is addicted to what?
2. Where does Hunter move once Nikki has discovered he cheated on her?
(a) To Trey's house.
(b) To Brendan's house.
(c) To his parents' house.
(d) To Kristina's house.
3. Kyle has to spend the day in what city on Thanksgiving?
(a) Reno, Nevada.
(b) Fresno, California.
(c) Provo, Utah.
(d) Redding, California.
4. What refers to a perception in the absence of a stimulus?
5. After moving home, Hunter asks his dad if he ever ___________.
(a) Was incarcerated.
(b) Used crank.
(c) Cheated on his mom.
(d) Killed a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hunter spend his days doing in order to keep busy after Nikki has left him?
2. Summer's biggest fear is being taken away from whom after her father is arrested?
3. Summer worries that her new foster father is __________.
4. What is the name of Hunter's father?
5. What is the name of Autumn's dad in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
2. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
3. What encounter does Hunter have at the Sparks Hometown Christmas Parade in the novel? Who advises him against his actions?
4. What confrontations does Summer have with her mother and father after her father spends the weekend in jail in the novel?
5. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
6. What major discoveries does Hunter gain from his two fathers in the novel? How do these discoveries change his character?
7. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
8. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
9. How does Autumn feel about the wedding planning for her aunt after Thanksgiving in the novel? Who does she invite over while her aunt is away?
10. What leads Autumn to begin drinking in the novel? Where does this first show to be a problem?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)