|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hunter sees a man who has the same eyes as he does as he makes his way _____________.
(a) To church.
(b) To the auto repair shop.
(c) To the movie theatre.
(d) To the talent show.
2. Where is Summer told she is moving to live with a foster family after her father's arrest?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona.
(b) Fargo, North Dakota.
(c) Portland, Oregon.
(d) Fresno, California.
3. What does Autumn begin to do in an attempt to keep her anxiety about the wedding under control in the fourth section of the novel?
(a) Use heroin.
(b) Use crystal meth.
(d) Take anxiety pills.
4. On their first morning together after running away from Summer's foster home, Summer discovers that her boyfriend is addicted to what?
5. The new foster home Summer is sent to in the novel has how many other girls living there?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name was Kristina going when she met Hunter's father?
2. Methamphetamine is FDA approved for the treatment of what conditions?
3. What is a chronic cardiac condition in which the systemic arterial blood pressure is elevated?
4. Whom does Nikki overhear a message from on Hunter's phone, indicating he has cheated on her?
5. What is the name of the grateful listener that Hunter cheats on Nikki with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
2. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
3. What confrontations does Summer have with her mother and father after her father spends the weekend in jail in the novel?
4. What does Hunter learn from Brendan about his past in the novel? How has Brendan changed?
5. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
6. Where does Kyle spend Thanksgiving in the novel? How does Summer feel about his absence?
7. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
8. What happens after Nikki discovers Hunter's infidelity in the novel? Where does Hunter move?
9. How does Summer feel about her decision to run away from her foster home in the novel? Why?
10. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)