|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves into Hunter's family home, wreaking havoc on everything and everyone in the novel?
(a) Donald and David.
(b) James and William.
(c) Hunter and Jack.
(d) Paul and Peter.
2. After Summer's father is arrested, who is her new foster father?
3. With whom does Summer run away from her new foster family?
4. Summer's father lets slip that she has ________ on Thanksgiving.
(a) A sister.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A brother.
(d) A son.
5. The new foster home Summer is sent to in the novel has how many other girls living there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hunter sees a man who has the same eyes as he does as he makes his way _____________.
2. What refers to a perception in the absence of a stimulus?
3. On the night of her aunt's wedding rehearsal, Autumn is almost unable to make it to the church for what reason?
4. Autumn tries to make amends with Bryce after her aunt's wedding, but he is going to ________ for Christmas.
5. Hunter attends a party one night that features a bowl full of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
2. What encounter does Hunter have at the Sparks Hometown Christmas Parade in the novel? Who advises him against his actions?
3. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
4. Whom does Hunter move in with after leaving his parents' house in the novel? Why? What party does Hunter attend at this time?
5. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
6. What is foreshadowed by Autumn's illness in the novel? Who suggests a potential cause for the illness?
7. What are Summer's experiences with each of her parents like on Thanksgiving in the novel? What does she discover about her family?
8. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
9. Where does Kyle spend Thanksgiving in the novel? How does Summer feel about his absence?
10. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)