|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Autumn decide she wants to meet after talking with Trey after the wedding?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her mother.
2. Where does Hunter move once Nikki has discovered he cheated on her?
(a) To Kristina's house.
(b) To Trey's house.
(c) To Brendan's house.
(d) To his parents' house.
3. Whom does Summer overhear a message from on the answering machine after her father is arrested?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her case worker.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) A police detective.
4. On the night of her aunt's wedding rehearsal, Autumn is almost unable to make it to the church for what reason?
(a) She's stoned.
(b) She's got a stomach virus.
(c) She's drunk.
(d) She gets lost on the way.
5. What has Autumn told Bryce about her parents, which he discovers is a lie the day of her aunt's wedding?
(a) They are dead.
(b) They are divorced.
(c) They are in jail.
(d) They are interracial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Aunt Cora to look for a church for her wedding in the novel?
2. Who is heartbroken and promises to find a way so they can be together when Summer is sent to a foster family?
3. Autumn has Thanksgiving dinner in what city in the novel?
4. On their first morning together after running away from Summer's foster home, Summer discovers that her boyfriend is addicted to what?
5. Autumn fantasizes about having a baby with __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
2. What discussions does Hunter have with his adoptive parents after leaving Nikki in the novel? What does Hunter learn?
3. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
4. What happens after Nikki discovers Hunter's infidelity in the novel? Where does Hunter move?
5. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
6. What is Hunter's reaction upon first seeing the man he believes to be his biological father in the novel? Where does this take place?
7. Where does Kyle spend Thanksgiving in the novel? How does Summer feel about his absence?
8. What does Hunter learn from Brendan about his past in the novel? How has Brendan changed?
9. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
10. How does Summer feel about her decision to run away from her foster home in the novel? Why?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)