|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to an eating disorder characterized by refusal to maintain a healthy body weight, and an obsessive fear of gaining weight?
(a) Stimulant psychosis.
(b) Anorexia nervosa.
2. With whom does Summer run away from her new foster family?
3. Where does Hunter move once Nikki has discovered he cheated on her?
(a) To Brendan's house.
(b) To Kristina's house.
(c) To his parents' house.
(d) To Trey's house.
4. What does Summer tell her father when he returns from spending the weekend in jail?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is gay.
(d) She is moving in with her mother.
5. Autumn has Thanksgiving dinner at whose home in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the grateful listener that Hunter cheats on Nikki with?
2. After running away from her new foster home, Summer stops by whose trailer so that she can borrow clothes and some money?
3. Who reveals to Autumn the reason she knows nothing about her parents or her extended family?
4. Whom does Summer argue with on the telephone on Thanksgiving?
5. Whom does Hunter move in with in the course of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discussions does Hunter have with his adoptive parents after leaving Nikki in the novel? What does Hunter learn?
2. What encounter does Hunter have at the Sparks Hometown Christmas Parade in the novel? Who advises him against his actions?
3. What are Summer's experiences with each of her parents like on Thanksgiving in the novel? What does she discover about her family?
4. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
5. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
6. How does Autumn feel about the wedding planning for her aunt after Thanksgiving in the novel? Who does she invite over while her aunt is away?
7. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
8. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
9. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
10. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)