|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trey tell Autumn her upset stomach might be the result of as he drives her to see her family?
(a) Morning sickness.
(b) Crank withdrawal.
(d) Stomach flu.
2. Methamphetamine is FDA approved for the treatment of what conditions?
(a) ADHD and exogenous obesity.
(b) Lymphoma and insomnia.
(c) AIDS and lukemia.
(d) Depression and anorexia.
3. What does Summer hide from her new foster family in order to keep in touch with Kyle?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A laptop.
(d) Her cell phone.
4. With whom does Hunter do a remote radio show on the day after Thanksgiving?
5. Who goes with Aunt Cora to look for a church for her wedding in the novel?
(a) Mary Jo.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Autumn told Bryce about her parents, which he discovers is a lie the day of her aunt's wedding?
2. What concerns Hunter about his biological father?
3. Hunter attends a party one night that features a bowl full of ___________.
4. Where is Summer told she is moving to live with a foster family after her father's arrest?
5. Summer's father lets slip that she has ________ on Thanksgiving.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
2. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
3. What is Hunter's reaction upon first seeing the man he believes to be his biological father in the novel? Where does this take place?
4. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
5. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
6. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
7. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
8. How does Autumn feel about the wedding planning for her aunt after Thanksgiving in the novel? Who does she invite over while her aunt is away?
9. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
10. What discussions does Hunter have with his adoptive parents after leaving Nikki in the novel? What does Hunter learn?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)