|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Autumn's aunt announce she is marrying on Thanksgiving?
2. What means rapid breathing or a respiration rate greater than 20 breaths per minute?
(a) Stimulant psychosis.
(c) Anorexia nervosa.
3. What does Hunter spend his days doing in order to keep busy after Nikki has left him?
(a) Helping his mom around the house.
(b) Working at the bank.
(c) Helping his dad at the garage.
(d) Doing charity work for the church.
4. Autumn fantasizes about having a baby with __________.
5. What is the name of Autumn's grandmother who shows up the day of her aunt's wedding in the novel?
(a) Mary Jo.
(b) Sarah Beth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns Hunter about his biological father?
2. Who reveals to Autumn the reason she knows nothing about her parents or her extended family?
3. What does Summer tell her father when he returns from spending the weekend in jail?
4. Methamphetamine is dispensed in the United States under what trademark name?
5. Hunter attends a party one night that features a bowl full of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
2. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
3. What encounter does Hunter have at the Sparks Hometown Christmas Parade in the novel? Who advises him against his actions?
4. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
5. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
6. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
7. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
8. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
9. How does Autumn feel about the wedding planning for her aunt after Thanksgiving in the novel? Who does she invite over while her aunt is away?
10. What happens after Nikki discovers Hunter's infidelity in the novel? Where does Hunter move?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)