|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what offense does Summer's father spend the weekend in jail in the novel?
2. With whom does Hunter do a remote radio show on the day after Thanksgiving?
3. Summer's biggest fear is being taken away from whom after her father is arrested?
4. After moving home, Hunter asks his dad if he ever ___________.
(a) Killed a man.
(b) Cheated on his mom.
(c) Was incarcerated.
(d) Used crank.
5. Hunter learns that his biological grandfather has been arrested again for what after Nikki has left him?
(c) Stealing cable television.
(d) Selling marijuana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kept moving around when Autumn was little to keep her family from finding her?
2. What refers to a perception in the absence of a stimulus?
3. Methamphetamine is FDA approved for the treatment of what conditions?
4. Autumn fantasizes about having a baby with __________.
5. Summer worries that her new foster father is __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Summer's experiences with each of her parents like on Thanksgiving in the novel? What does she discover about her family?
2. What is Hunter's reaction upon first seeing the man he believes to be his biological father in the novel? Where does this take place?
3. What confrontations does Summer have with her mother and father after her father spends the weekend in jail in the novel?
4. What happens after Nikki discovers Hunter's infidelity in the novel? Where does Hunter move?
5. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
6. What encounter does Hunter have at the Sparks Hometown Christmas Parade in the novel? Who advises him against his actions?
7. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
8. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
9. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
10. What major discoveries does Hunter gain from his two fathers in the novel? How do these discoveries change his character?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)