|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Hunter do a remote radio show on the day after Thanksgiving?
2. Whom does Autumn invite over while Aunt Cora is gone looking for a wedding church in the novel?
3. What is a psychotic disorder that appears in some people who use stimulant drugs?
(c) Stimulant psychosis.
(d) Anorexia nervosa.
4. What means rapid breathing or a respiration rate greater than 20 breaths per minute?
(c) Anorexia nervosa.
(d) Stimulant psychosis.
5. Summer's father lets slip that she has ________ on Thanksgiving.
(a) A daughter.
(b) A sister.
(c) A son.
(d) A brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hunter sees a man who has the same eyes as he does as he makes his way _____________.
2. What does Summer tell her father when he returns from spending the weekend in jail?
3. Who is heartbroken and promises to find a way so they can be together when Summer is sent to a foster family?
4. Autumn has Thanksgiving dinner in what city in the novel?
5. Who goes with Aunt Cora to look for a church for her wedding in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
2. What is foreshadowed by Autumn's illness in the novel? Who suggests a potential cause for the illness?
3. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
4. What discussions does Hunter have with his adoptive parents after leaving Nikki in the novel? What does Hunter learn?
5. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
6. What does Hunter learn from Brendan about his past in the novel? How has Brendan changed?
7. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
8. What is Hunter's reaction upon first seeing the man he believes to be his biological father in the novel? Where does this take place?
9. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
10. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)