|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the night of her aunt's wedding rehearsal, Autumn is almost unable to make it to the church for what reason?
(a) She's got a stomach virus.
(b) She's stoned.
(c) She gets lost on the way.
(d) She's drunk.
2. With whom does Summer run away from her new foster family?
3. Who goes with Aunt Cora to look for a church for her wedding in the novel?
(a) Her son.
(b) Mary Jo.
(c) Her father.
4. Where does Aunt Cora go to look for a church for her wedding in the novel?
(a) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(b) Las Vegas, Nevada.
(c) Austin, Texas.
(d) San Francisco, California.
5. Where does Hunter move once Nikki has discovered he cheated on her?
(a) To Brendan's house.
(b) To his parents' house.
(c) To Kristina's house.
(d) To Trey's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What means rapid breathing or a respiration rate greater than 20 breaths per minute?
2. What is the name of the grateful listener that Hunter cheats on Nikki with?
3. Autumn has Thanksgiving dinner at whose home in the novel?
4. By what name was Kristina going when she met Hunter's father?
5. After Summer's father is arrested, who is her new foster father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hunter learn from Brendan about his past in the novel? How has Brendan changed?
2. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
3. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
4. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
5. What discussions does Hunter have with his adoptive parents after leaving Nikki in the novel? What does Hunter learn?
6. What are Summer's experiences with each of her parents like on Thanksgiving in the novel? What does she discover about her family?
7. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
8. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
9. Where does Kyle spend Thanksgiving in the novel? How does Summer feel about his absence?
10. How does Summer feel about her decision to run away from her foster home in the novel? Why?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)