|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kept moving around when Autumn was little to keep her family from finding her?
(a) Summer and Hunter.
(b) Kristina and Trey.
(c) Aunt Cora and her grandfather.
(d) Brendan and Marie.
2. What were Hunter's parents taking when he was conceived?
(b) Crystal meth.
3. What typically refers to a heart rate that exceeds the normal range for a resting heart rate?
(a) Anorexia nervosa.
(c) Stimulant psychosis.
4. What does Autumn begin to do in an attempt to keep her anxiety about the wedding under control in the fourth section of the novel?
(a) Use heroin.
(b) Use crystal meth.
(c) Take anxiety pills.
5. What has Autumn told Bryce about her parents, which he discovers is a lie the day of her aunt's wedding?
(a) They are divorced.
(b) They are in jail.
(c) They are dead.
(d) They are interracial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to an eating disorder characterized by refusal to maintain a healthy body weight, and an obsessive fear of gaining weight?
2. How many pills does Hunter take on Thanksgiving?
3. Methamphetamine is dispensed in the United States under what trademark name?
4. Where is Summer told she is moving to live with a foster family after her father's arrest?
5. Who has been ill since her aunt's wedding, causing Autumn to believe she has the same stomach flu?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
2. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
3. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
4. What leads Autumn to begin drinking in the novel? Where does this first show to be a problem?
5. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
6. What does Hunter learn from Brendan about his past in the novel? How has Brendan changed?
7. What major discoveries does Hunter gain from his two fathers in the novel? How do these discoveries change his character?
8. What is foreshadowed by Autumn's illness in the novel? Who suggests a potential cause for the illness?
9. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
10. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)