|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Summer argue with on the telephone on Thanksgiving?
2. Hunter's father tells him that a court order requiring him to _____________changed his life from being a drug addict.
(a) Join the military.
(b) Join a church.
(c) Move out of state.
(d) Go to rehab.
3. What does Trey tell Autumn her upset stomach might be the result of as he drives her to see her family?
(a) Crank withdrawal.
(b) Stomach flu.
(c) Morning sickness.
4. Where does Aunt Cora go to look for a church for her wedding in the novel?
(a) Austin, Texas.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Las Vegas, Nevada.
5. What is an impulse control disorder characterized by the repeated urge to pick at one's own skin, often to the extent that damage is caused?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hunter move in with in the course of the novel?
2. Hunter gets a call at the radio station from a grateful listener to whom Hunter gave _____________.
3. Methamphetamine is dispensed in the United States under what trademark name?
4. What is a psychotic disorder that appears in some people who use stimulant drugs?
5. What were Hunter's parents taking when he was conceived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
2. Where does Kyle spend Thanksgiving in the novel? How does Summer feel about his absence?
3. What major discoveries does Hunter gain from his two fathers in the novel? How do these discoveries change his character?
4. What encounter does Hunter have at the Sparks Hometown Christmas Parade in the novel? Who advises him against his actions?
5. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
6. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
7. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
8. How does Autumn feel about the wedding planning for her aunt after Thanksgiving in the novel? Who does she invite over while her aunt is away?
9. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
10. How does Summer feel about her decision to run away from her foster home in the novel? Why?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)