|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Summer sees Kyle lose his temper the day they told whom about them?
2. What refers to an eating disorder characterized by refusal to maintain a healthy body weight, and an obsessive fear of gaining weight?
(a) Stimulant psychosis.
(d) Anorexia nervosa.
3. On their first morning together after running away from Summer's foster home, Summer discovers that her boyfriend is addicted to what?
4. What is the name of Autumn's grandmother who shows up the day of her aunt's wedding in the novel?
(b) Mary Jo.
(c) Sarah Beth.
5. Hunter wakes early to do a remote radio show at which location after Thanksgiving?
(a) A football game.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) The Sparks Hometowne Christmas Parade.
(d) A local church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Autumn has Thanksgiving dinner in what city in the novel?
2. What is a psychotic disorder that appears in some people who use stimulant drugs?
3. Whom does Autumn decide she wants to meet after talking with Trey after the wedding?
4. Summer worries that her new foster father is __________.
5. Who has been ill since her aunt's wedding, causing Autumn to believe she has the same stomach flu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
2. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
3. How does Autumn feel about the wedding planning for her aunt after Thanksgiving in the novel? Who does she invite over while her aunt is away?
4. What discussions does Hunter have with his adoptive parents after leaving Nikki in the novel? What does Hunter learn?
5. What is Hunter's reaction upon first seeing the man he believes to be his biological father in the novel? Where does this take place?
6. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
7. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
8. What major discoveries does Hunter gain from his two fathers in the novel? How do these discoveries change his character?
9. Where does Kyle spend Thanksgiving in the novel? How does Summer feel about his absence?
10. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)