|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Summer sees Kyle lose his temper the day they told whom about them?
2. What is an impulse control disorder characterized by the repeated urge to pick at one's own skin, often to the extent that damage is caused?
3. Where does Hunter move once Nikki has discovered he cheated on her?
(a) To Trey's house.
(b) To Brendan's house.
(c) To his parents' house.
(d) To Kristina's house.
4. What means rapid breathing or a respiration rate greater than 20 breaths per minute?
(c) Stimulant psychosis.
(d) Anorexia nervosa.
5. With whom does Summer go to a restaurant for dinner on Thanksgiving?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Summer's father lets slip that she has ________ on Thanksgiving.
2. Where do Summer and her boyfriend hope to live until they find jobs after running away from Summer's foster home?
3. Whom does Summer argue with on the telephone on Thanksgiving?
4. After running away from her new foster home, Summer stops by whose trailer so that she can borrow clothes and some money?
5. Whom does Summer overhear a message from on the answering machine after her father is arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Nikki discovers Hunter's infidelity in the novel? Where does Hunter move?
2. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
3. What major discoveries does Hunter gain from his two fathers in the novel? How do these discoveries change his character?
4. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
5. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
6. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
7. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
8. How does Summer feel about her decision to run away from her foster home in the novel? Why?
9. What is Hunter's reaction upon first seeing the man he believes to be his biological father in the novel? Where does this take place?
10. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)