|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hunter spend his days doing in order to keep busy after Nikki has left him?
(a) Doing charity work for the church.
(b) Working at the bank.
(c) Helping his dad at the garage.
(d) Helping his mom around the house.
2. What does Trey tell Autumn her upset stomach might be the result of as he drives her to see her family?
(a) Stomach flu.
(b) Crank withdrawal.
(c) Morning sickness.
3. Who advises Hunter not to sleep with the listener he gave concert tickets to?
4. Where does Hunter move once Nikki has discovered he cheated on her?
(a) To Kristina's house.
(b) To his parents' house.
(c) To Trey's house.
(d) To Brendan's house.
5. What is the name of Autumn's grandmother who shows up the day of her aunt's wedding in the novel?
(b) Mary Jo.
(c) Sarah Beth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a chronic cardiac condition in which the systemic arterial blood pressure is elevated?
2. Where do Summer and her boyfriend hope to live until they find jobs after running away from Summer's foster home?
3. Summer worries that her new foster father is __________.
4. Where does Aunt Cora go to look for a church for her wedding in the novel?
5. What refers to a perception in the absence of a stimulus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
2. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
3. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
4. How does Summer feel about her decision to run away from her foster home in the novel? Why?
5. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
6. How does Autumn feel about the wedding planning for her aunt after Thanksgiving in the novel? Who does she invite over while her aunt is away?
7. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
8. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
9. What are Summer's experiences with each of her parents like on Thanksgiving in the novel? What does she discover about her family?
10. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)