|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Summer sees Kyle lose his temper the day they told whom about them?
2. With whom does Hunter do a remote radio show on the day after Thanksgiving?
3. Whom does Nikki overhear a message from on Hunter's phone, indicating he has cheated on her?
4. Kyle has to spend the day in what city on Thanksgiving?
(a) Fresno, California.
(b) Provo, Utah.
(c) Redding, California.
(d) Reno, Nevada.
5. Hunter's father tells him that a court order requiring him to _____________changed his life from being a drug addict.
(a) Join a church.
(b) Go to rehab.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Move out of state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Summer overhear a message from on the answering machine after her father is arrested?
2. Where does Hunter move once Nikki has discovered he cheated on her?
3. For what offense does Summer's father spend the weekend in jail in the novel?
4. By what name was Kristina going when she met Hunter's father?
5. What were Hunter's parents taking when he was conceived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hunter learn from Brendan about his past in the novel? How has Brendan changed?
2. What confrontations does Summer have with her mother and father after her father spends the weekend in jail in the novel?
3. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
4. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
5. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
6. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
7. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
8. What is Hunter's reaction upon first seeing the man he believes to be his biological father in the novel? Where does this take place?
9. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
10. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)