|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Autumn invite over while Aunt Cora is gone looking for a wedding church in the novel?
2. What is a psychotic disorder that appears in some people who use stimulant drugs?
(b) Stimulant psychosis.
(c) Anorexia nervosa.
3. What is a chronic cardiac condition in which the systemic arterial blood pressure is elevated?
4. What means rapid breathing or a respiration rate greater than 20 breaths per minute?
(c) Stimulant psychosis.
(d) Anorexia nervosa.
5. After Summer's father is arrested, who is her new foster father?
6. Who kept moving around when Autumn was little to keep her family from finding her?
(a) Summer and Hunter.
(b) Aunt Cora and her grandfather.
(c) Kristina and Trey.
(d) Brendan and Marie.
7. Whom does Summer overhear a message from on the answering machine after her father is arrested?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her case worker.
(d) A police detective.
8. Whom does Autumn decide she wants to meet after talking with Trey after the wedding?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
9. After running away from her new foster home, Summer stops by whose trailer so that she can borrow clothes and some money?
(c) Her dad's.
10. Hunter gets a call at the radio station from a grateful listener to whom Hunter gave _____________.
(c) Concert tickets.
(d) A car.
11. Autumn has Thanksgiving dinner in what city in the novel?
(a) Durango, Colorado.
(b) Mammoth Lakes, California.
(c) Austin, Texas.
(d) Phoenix, Arizona.
12. Autumn tries to make amends with Bryce after her aunt's wedding, but he is going to ________ for Christmas.
13. Methamphetamine is FDA approved for the treatment of what conditions?
(a) Depression and anorexia.
(b) Lymphoma and insomnia.
(c) AIDS and lukemia.
(d) ADHD and exogenous obesity.
14. Hunter tells his mother about meeting whom, after Nikki has left him?
15. What does Summer hide from her new foster family in order to keep in touch with Kyle?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A laptop.
(d) Her cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hunter learns that his biological grandfather has been arrested again for what after Nikki has left him?
2. What is the name of Autumn's dad in the novel?
3. What refers to an eating disorder characterized by refusal to maintain a healthy body weight, and an obsessive fear of gaining weight?
4. Hunter's father tells him that a court order requiring him to _____________changed his life from being a drug addict.
5. Whom does Autumn's aunt announce she is marrying on Thanksgiving?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)