|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Autumn's aunt announce she is marrying on Thanksgiving?
2. Methamphetamine is dispensed in the United States under what trademark name?
3. Summer's father lets slip that she has ________ on Thanksgiving.
(a) A daughter.
(b) A brother.
(c) A son.
(d) A sister.
4. Where does Hunter run into his biological father?
(a) The radio station Christmas party.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A church sermon.
(d) A movie theatre.
5. Hunter gets a call at the radio station from a grateful listener to whom Hunter gave _____________.
(a) Concert tickets.
(b) A car.
6. Whom does Summer argue with on the telephone on Thanksgiving?
7. Who moves into Hunter's family home, wreaking havoc on everything and everyone in the novel?
(a) Paul and Peter.
(b) Hunter and Jack.
(c) Donald and David.
(d) James and William.
8. What does Hunter spend his days doing in order to keep busy after Nikki has left him?
(a) Working at the bank.
(b) Helping his dad at the garage.
(c) Helping his mom around the house.
(d) Doing charity work for the church.
9. Who kept moving around when Autumn was little to keep her family from finding her?
(a) Summer and Hunter.
(b) Kristina and Trey.
(c) Aunt Cora and her grandfather.
(d) Brendan and Marie.
10. What is an impulse control disorder characterized by the repeated urge to pick at one's own skin, often to the extent that damage is caused?
11. With whom does Summer run away from her new foster family?
12. Hunter attends a party one night that features a bowl full of ___________.
(c) Prescription pills.
(d) Liqour bottles.
13. Hunter tells his mother about meeting whom, after Nikki has left him?
14. What is the name of Autumn's grandmother who shows up the day of her aunt's wedding in the novel?
(b) Sarah Beth.
(c) Mary Jo.
15. Hunter's father tells him that a court order requiring him to _____________changed his life from being a drug addict.
(a) Join the military.
(b) Move out of state.
(c) Go to rehab.
(d) Join a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Summer and her boyfriend hope to live until they find jobs after running away from Summer's foster home?
2. Whom does Autumn invite over while Aunt Cora is gone looking for a wedding church in the novel?
3. Who reveals to Autumn the reason she knows nothing about her parents or her extended family?
4. Who advises Hunter to let his concerns about his father go?
5. Whom does Hunter move in with in the course of the novel?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)