|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adeline receive as a wedding present from her father and Niang?
2. When did Adeline begin her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
3. How close was the hotel where Bob and Adleine stayed in Shanghai to the Sheng Xin primary school that Adeline had attended?
4. Where did Tai-ling attend college?
5. How much older was H. H. than Adeline?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joseph say when Aunt Baba informed him that Miss Chien had been stealing?
2. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
3. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
4. Why did Gregory want to leave Nigeria?
5. What did Adeline have to do to get a California medical license?
6. What job did Adeline arrange for herself in Hong Kong?
7. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
8. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
9. How was Aunt Baba when Adeline saw her in March, 1994?
10. How had Hong Kong changed since Adeline left eleven years ago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of the book is "Falling Leaves." Discuss the title of the book and why Adeline was a falling leaf that returned to her roots.
Essay Topic 2
Adeline married Byron six weeks after her arrival in America. Discuss the signs that indicated Adeline's marriage would end in divorce.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Adeline's relationships with her siblings and how Niang interfered with the relationships that Adeline had with her siblings.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)