|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Aunt Baba forced to move out of Joseph's home?
2. On what floor was Niang's flat?
3. Where did Bob Mah teach?
4. What did the earthquake register on the Richter Scale that shook Tangshan in 1976?
5. How many of Bob's brothers enlisted during World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
2. Why did Gregory want to leave Nigeria?
3. What did C. S. do after he was asked to leave Britain?
4. How had Hong Kong changed since Adeline left eleven years ago?
5. Why did Mr. Lu say that no friends would come to Niang's funeral?
6. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
7. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
8. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
9. What was Byron's background?
10. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Susan was disinherited and denounced as a family member. Discuss why the conflicts Susan had with Niang led to Susan being disowned and denounced as a family member.
Essay Topic 2
Adeline broke off her relationship with Karl and returned to Hong Kong. Discuss Adeline's relationship with Karl and why she had to leave to end it.
Essay Topic 3
James became his father's heir apparent, but paid a high price to do so. Discuss what it cost James to become his father's heir and do his father's bidding.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)