|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adeline leave England and return to Hong Kong?
2. When did Adeline attend a concert with H. H.?
3. When Adeline was at Tsan Yuk, how much more were the male doctors paid than the female doctors?
4. When were some of Adeline's more idealistic contemporaries asked to leave Britain?
5. When did Niang die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the biopsy report reveal about Niang's illness?
2. What job did Adeline arrange for herself in Hong Kong?
3. What was Byron's background?
4. Why did Gregory want to leave Nigeria?
5. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
6. How was Aunt Baba when Adeline saw her in March, 1994?
7. Why did Bob's brother Ed receive a Bronze Star during World War II?
8. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
9. What did Gregory tell Adeline about boy/girl relationships?
10. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ye Ye invested money in his son's company. Discuss how Ye Ye helped Joseph get his start and how Joseph repaid the favor.
Essay Topic 2
Adeline knew that her future was in Niang's hands. Discuss Niang's plans for Adeline's future and how Adeline was able to alter that future.
Essay Topic 3
Adeline decided she would never surrender and beg for mercy from Niang. Discuss Adeline's determination and resolve and how it affected her life with Niang.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)