|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
2. When did Adeline finish her residency in Chapter 18?
3. How long after Adeline arrived in America did she and Byron marry?
4. When did Father move his enamelware factory to Nigeria?
5. How old was Niang when she and Father came for a medical consultation in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job did Adeline arrange for herself in Hong Kong?
2. Why did Gregory want to leave Nigeria?
3. What advice did Father give Adeline when he and Niang visited California when she was married to Byron?
4. What did Joseph say was the happiest time of his life?
5. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
6. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to America and what did they do?
7. What did Aunt Baba do after Joseph, Niang, and their family left?
8. What did the biopsy report reveal about Niang's illness?
9. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
10. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of the book is "Falling Leaves." Discuss the title of the book and why Adeline was a falling leaf that returned to her roots.
Essay Topic 2
When Adeline described her birth and her mother's death, she mentioned some facts that contributed to her mother's death. Discuss Adeline's birth and what contributed to her mother's death.
Essay Topic 3
"Falling Leaves" deals with Adeline's very unhappy family life. Discuss the overall mood of the book.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)