|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Father sell his Buick?
2. What was H. H. Tien studying?
3. When did Adeline visit her Aunt Baba for the last time?
4. How long was Adeline's flight to America?
5. How much did Adeline receive a month during her obstetrics residency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the biopsy report reveal about Niang's illness?
2. What did Joseph say was the happiest time of his life?
3. Why did Mr. Lu say that no friends would come to Niang's funeral?
4. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
5. What did Joseph say when Aunt Baba informed him that Miss Chien had been stealing?
6. What job did Adeline arrange for herself in Hong Kong?
7. What did Aunt Baba do after Joseph, Niang, and their family left?
8. What was Byron's background?
9. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
10. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adeline broke off her relationship with Karl and returned to Hong Kong. Discuss Adeline's relationship with Karl and why she had to leave to end it.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Gregory's role in his father's business and why Gregory was dismissed and banished from Father's enterprises.
Essay Topic 3
The title of the book is "Falling Leaves." Discuss the title of the book and why Adeline was a falling leaf that returned to her roots.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)