|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the corpse that Adeline and her dissection partner worked on?
2. When did Britain demand and receive a 99 year lease on the Kowloon peninsula?
3. After his marriage to Ren, what type of car did Joseph buy for himself?
4. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
5. How old was Miss Chien when Joseph and Niang fled to Hong Kong?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why did Mis Chien try to curry Aunt Baba's favor after Joseph and Niang left for Hong Kong with their children?
2. How was Aunt Baba when Adeline saw her in March, 1994?
3. What did Lydia want from Adeline?
4. How did Gregory solve his cash-flow problems?
5. What did Gregory tell Adeline about boy/girl relationships?
6. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
7. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
8. In the late 1920s, how was Shanghai different from the rest of China?
9. What did Adeline find in Niang's antique Chinese desk?
10. What business did Grand Aunt's eldest brother establish?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Gregory's role in his father's business and why Gregory was dismissed and banished from Father's enterprises.
Essay Topic 2
Adeline knew that her future was in Niang's hands. Discuss Niang's plans for Adeline's future and how Adeline was able to alter that future.
Essay Topic 3
Adeline became friends with a fellow woman doctor who explained why women doctors had such unhappy marriages. Discuss Adeline's and her friend's experiences with unhappy marriages and why women doctors had troubled marriages.
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)