|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Niang need surgery?
(a) Colon cancer.
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Liver cancer.
(d) Breast cancer.
2. How long was Adeline's contract for her first American residency?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Six months.
3. Where was Byron born?
(a) Hunan Province.
(b) Jiangsu Province.
(c) Sichuan Province.
(d) Shaanxi Province.
4. How much of Niang's estate did Gregory and Edgar receive?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 30 percent.
(d) 40 percent.
5. What was the name of the maid that Aunt Baba fired in Chapter 20?
(a) Ah Wui.
(b) Ah Yee.
(c) Ah Song.
(d) Ah Mah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle did Adeline buy so she could see Byron on weekends?
2. When did Niang die?
3. How much older was H. H. than Adeline?
4. Where was Byron's restaurant located?
5. How old was Bob Mah when Pearl Harbor was attacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Father's business change, and what new businesses did he start?
2. Why did Gregory want to leave Nigeria?
3. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to America and what did they do?
4. What did Susan's mother-in-law do when Susan came into her marriage with two suitcases of old clothes?
5. How was Aunt Baba when Adeline saw her in March, 1994?
6. What did Adeline have to do to get a California medical license?
7. What was Byron's background?
8. What did Bob Mah have to do during Pearl Harbor?
9. What did Joseph say was the happiest time of his life?
10. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)