|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was excluded from Father's seventieth birthday celebration party in Hong Kong?
2. After Byron tore up the house and left it a mess, what time did he return?
(a) 6 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
3. What percent of the population in Hong Kong in the 1960s were Chinese?
(a) 99 percent.
(b) 60 percent.
(c) 80 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
4. Where did James's daughter go to college?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
5. How much did Adeline receive a month during her obstetrics residency?
Short Answer Questions
1. How close was the hotel where Bob and Adleine stayed in Shanghai to the Sheng Xin primary school that Adeline had attended?
2. When Adeline was at Tsan Yuk, how much more were the male doctors paid than the female doctors?
3. Where did Father want Adeline to work at Hong Kong University?
4. When did Martin Ching's parents emigrate to America?
5. When did Adeline fly to Hong Kong in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the biopsy report reveal about Niang's illness?
2. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
3. Why did Mr. Lu say that no friends would come to Niang's funeral?
4. What did Bob Mah have to do during Pearl Harbor?
5. How was Aunt Baba when Adeline saw her in March, 1994?
6. What did Adeline have to do to get a California medical license?
7. What job did Adeline arrange for herself in Hong Kong?
8. What was Byron's background?
9. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
10. Why did Father's business change, and what new businesses did he start?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)