|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Ginger Morris when she became Roger's new nanny?
2. When did the Communist government launch the sister movements, The Antis and Five Antis?
3. How much of Niang's estate did Adleine receive?
(a) 15 percent.
(b) 5 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
4. In Chapter 23, when was the last time that Adeline had corresponded with her Aunt Baba?
5. After Byron tore up the house and left it a mess, what time did he return?
(a) 8 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Byron born?
2. What company offered Byron a job?
3. What hours did taxi-drivers, hair-dressers, waitresses, nurses, telephone operators, and others work a day for meager wages?
4. When did Adeline visit her Aunt Baba for the last time?
5. Where was Tai-way's wedding held?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bob Mah have to do during Pearl Harbor?
2. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
3. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
4. What did Susan's mother-in-law do when Susan came into her marriage with two suitcases of old clothes?
5. How had Hong Kong changed since Adeline left eleven years ago?
6. What did Joseph say when Aunt Baba informed him that Miss Chien had been stealing?
7. What did Gregory tell Adeline about boy/girl relationships?
8. What was Byron's background?
9. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
10. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)