|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Adeline first meet Robert Mah?
2. Mrs. Hsu was from ______________.
3. How many families shared the home where Aunt Baba lived when Adeline and Bob visited?
4. When Adeline arrived in America, how long had Byron been renting a room from Martin?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) Nine months.
5. When did Father sell his Buick?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Adeline and Bob pay of Father's medical bills in America?
2. In Chapter 23, when was the last time that Adeline had corresponded with her Aunt Baba?
3. On what floor was Niang's flat?
4. How much money was Aunt Baba given to live on?
5. When was Aunt Baba forced to move out of Joseph's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Aunt Baba do after Joseph, Niang, and their family left?
2. What did Adeline have to do to get a California medical license?
3. Why did Bob's brother Ed receive a Bronze Star during World War II?
4. What advice did Father give Adeline when he and Niang visited California when she was married to Byron?
5. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to America and what did they do?
6. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
7. What did Lydia want from Adeline?
8. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
9. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
10. What did the biopsy report reveal about Niang's illness?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)