|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bob Mah teach?
(a) California State.
2. When did Adeline attend a concert with H. H.?
3. How old was Bob Mah when his father died?
4. After Byron tore up the house and left it a mess, what time did he return?
(b) 6 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
5. How much did Adeline earn a month during her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Father want Adeline to work at Hong Kong University?
2. Where was Byron's restaurant located?
3. After Adeline's graduation and internship, where did she spend two years working and studying for post-graduate degrees?
4. How much of Niang's estate did Adleine receive?
5. When did Adeline fly to Hong Kong in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Aunt Baba do after Joseph, Niang, and their family left?
2. How had Hong Kong changed since Adeline left eleven years ago?
3. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
4. What advice did Father give Adeline when he and Niang visited California when she was married to Byron?
5. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
6. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
7. What did C. S. do after he was asked to leave Britain?
8. What did Joseph say when Aunt Baba informed him that Miss Chien had been stealing?
9. Why did Father's business change, and what new businesses did he start?
10. What did Lydia want from Adeline?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)