|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Byron's restaurant located?
(b) Newport Beach.
(c) Huntington Beach.
(d) Costa Mesa.
2. When was the first Tiananmen Incident?
3. How much did Adeline and Bob pay of Father's medical bills in America?
(b) About $70,000.
(c) Around $50,000.
4. How large was the diamond on Niang's ring?
(a) Three carat.
(b) Six carat.
(c) Four carat.
(d) Five carat.
5. What time would Father summon his chauffeur to drive him to the club at Stanley?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Aunt Baba and her friend switch to when mah-jong became illegal?
2. How old was Aunt Lao Lao when Aunt Baba visited Tianjin to rebury Grandmother and Ye Ye?
3. How old was Ginger Morris when she became Roger's new nanny?
4. When did Father move his enamelware factory to Nigeria?
5. Where was Tai-way's wedding held?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Aunt Baba do after Joseph, Niang, and their family left?
2. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
3. What did C. S. do after he was asked to leave Britain?
4. What did the biopsy report reveal about Niang's illness?
5. Who attended Joseph's funeral?
6. How was Aunt Baba when Adeline saw her in March, 1994?
7. What was Byron's background?
8. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
9. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
10. Why did Father's business change, and what new businesses did he start?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)