|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Byron's salary when they moved to California?
(a) $750 a month.
(b) $900 a month.
(c) $800 a month.
(d) $850 a month.
2. How many families shared the home where Aunt Baba lived when Adeline and Bob visited?
3. How many people died when an earthquake shook Tangshan?
(b) Over 1,000,000.
(c) About 750,000.
4. In Chapter 23, when was the last time that Adeline had corresponded with her Aunt Baba?
5. When was Grand Aunt forced to resign from all her duties at the Women's Bank?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older was H. H. than Adeline?
2. When did Adeline attend a concert with H. H.?
3. How much did Adeline receive a month during her obstetrics residency?
4. How many people were with the tour group that Adeline and Bob traveled with to Hong Kong and China?
5. Where did Bob Mah teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lydia want from Adeline?
2. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to America and what did they do?
3. Why did Father's business change, and what new businesses did he start?
4. How was Aunt Baba when Adeline saw her in March, 1994?
5. Why did Gregory want to leave Nigeria?
6. What did Joseph say when Aunt Baba informed him that Miss Chien had been stealing?
7. Why did Bob's brother Ed receive a Bronze Star during World War II?
8. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
9. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
10. How had Hong Kong changed since Adeline left eleven years ago?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)