|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Adeline arrived in America did she and Byron marry?
(a) One week.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
2. How much did Father pay Gregory and James to work for him?
(a) $200 a month.
(b) $350 a month.
(c) $250 a month.
(d) $300 a month.
3. What hours did taxi-drivers, hair-dressers, waitresses, nurses, telephone operators, and others work a day for meager wages?
4. How old was Niang when she and Father came for a medical consultation in America?
5. What was H. H. Tien studying?
(c) Applied mathematics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Aunt Baba and her friend switch to when mah-jong became illegal?
2. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to San Francisco?
3. When was Byron born?
4. After Adeline's graduation and internship, where did she spend two years working and studying for post-graduate degrees?
5. What time would Father summon his chauffeur to drive him to the club at Stanley?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)