|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Byron born?
2. Where did Tai-ling attend college?
(b) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
3. Where did Bob and Adeline move when they married?
(a) Newport Beach.
(b) Huntington Beach.
(c) Redondo Beach.
(d) Long Beach.
4. When Adeline arrived in America, how long had Byron been renting a room from Martin?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Ten months.
5. After Adeline's graduation and internship, where did she spend two years working and studying for post-graduate degrees?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Hsu was from ______________.
2. Where was Byron born?
3. How old was Aunt Lao Lao when Aunt Baba visited Tianjin to rebury Grandmother and Ye Ye?
4. On what floor was Niang's flat?
5. When did Adeline and Bob travel to Hong Kong and China with an organized tour group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joseph say when Aunt Baba informed him that Miss Chien had been stealing?
2. How was Aunt Baba when Adeline saw her in March, 1994?
3. Why did Bob's brother Ed receive a Bronze Star during World War II?
4. What did Bob Mah have to do during Pearl Harbor?
5. What did Lydia want from Adeline?
6. What did Susan's mother-in-law do when Susan came into her marriage with two suitcases of old clothes?
7. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
8. What did Adeline find in Niang's antique Chinese desk?
9. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
10. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to America and what did they do?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)