|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Adeline and Bob travel to Hong Kong and China with an organized tour group?
2. How old was Bob Mah when his father died?
3. How long was Adeline's flight to America?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) 18 hours.
(d) 15 hours.
4. When did Father become a naturalized British citizen?
5. When Aunt Baba was transferred to the bank branch near the Cathay Cinema, how many tram stops was she from her home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Bob's brothers enlisted during World War II?
2. How old was Niang when she and Father came for a medical consultation in America?
3. How old was Aunt Lao Lao when Aunt Baba visited Tianjin to rebury Grandmother and Ye Ye?
4. How many people died when an earthquake shook Tangshan?
5. How much money was Aunt Baba given to live on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
2. What did Joseph say was the happiest time of his life?
3. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
4. Why did Mr. Lu say that no friends would come to Niang's funeral?
5. What advice did Father give Adeline when he and Niang visited California when she was married to Byron?
6. What did Lydia want from Adeline?
7. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
8. What did Bob Mah have to do during Pearl Harbor?
9. How had Hong Kong changed since Adeline left eleven years ago?
10. What did C. S. do after he was asked to leave Britain?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)