|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the earthquake register on the Richter Scale that shook Tangshan in 1976?
2. When did Adeline fly to Hong Kong in Chapter 15?
(b) October, 1963.
(c) September, 1963.
(d) August, 1963.
3. Where did Father want Adeline to work at Hong Kong University?
(a) Pediatrics and Adolescent medicine.
(c) Obstetrics and Gynecology.
4. When Adeline was at Tsan Yuk, how much more were the male doctors paid than the female doctors?
(a) 30 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 15 percent.
5. How old was Aunt Lao Lao when Aunt Baba visited Tianjin to rebury Grandmother and Ye Ye?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money was Aunt Baba given to live on?
2. How much did Adeline and Bob pay of Father's medical bills in America?
3. What did Adeline receive as a wedding present from her father and Niang?
4. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
5. After Adeline's graduation and internship, where did she spend two years working and studying for post-graduate degrees?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mr. Lu say that no friends would come to Niang's funeral?
2. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
3. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
4. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
5. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
6. What did C. S. do after he was asked to leave Britain?
7. How was Aunt Baba when Adeline saw her in March, 1994?
8. What advice did Father give Adeline when he and Niang visited California when she was married to Byron?
9. What did Bob Mah have to do during Pearl Harbor?
10. Who attended Joseph's funeral?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)