|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Adeline visit her Aunt Baba for the last time?
2. Where did James have to live in Hong Kong before Gregory came back?
(b) A small apartment with six roommates.
(c) With Father and Niang.
(d) A youth hostel.
3. When did Adeline fly to Hong Kong in Chapter 15?
(a) September, 1963.
(b) October, 1963.
(c) August, 1963.
4. When did Adeline and Bob travel to Hong Kong and China with an organized tour group?
5. Mrs. Hsu was from ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bob Mah teach?
2. Where did Bob and Adeline move when they married?
3. When did Adeline first meet Robert Mah?
4. How much of Niang's estate did Adleine receive?
5. On what floor was Niang's flat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Byron's background?
2. What did Aunt Baba do after Joseph, Niang, and their family left?
3. What did Adeline find in Niang's antique Chinese desk?
4. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
5. What did Susan's mother-in-law do when Susan came into her marriage with two suitcases of old clothes?
6. What did C. S. do after he was asked to leave Britain?
7. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
8. Why did Father's business change, and what new businesses did he start?
9. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
10. What did Joseph say when Aunt Baba informed him that Miss Chien had been stealing?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)