|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bob and Adeline move when they married?
(a) Long Beach.
(b) Redondo Beach.
(c) Huntington Beach.
(d) Newport Beach.
2. On what floor was Niang's flat?
3. How many people were with the tour group that Adeline and Bob traveled with to Hong Kong and China?
4. When was the first Tiananmen Incident?
5. After Byron tore up the house and left it a mess, what time did he return?
(a) 6 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to San Francisco?
2. When did Niang die?
3. How old was Mrs. Hsu?
4. How much did Adeline earn a month during her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
5. When were some of Adeline's more idealistic contemporaries asked to leave Britain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Susan's mother-in-law do when Susan came into her marriage with two suitcases of old clothes?
2. What did Adeline have to do to get a California medical license?
3. What did the biopsy report reveal about Niang's illness?
4. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
5. What did Bob Mah have to do during Pearl Harbor?
6. What did Aunt Baba do after Joseph, Niang, and their family left?
7. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
8. Why did Bob's brother Ed receive a Bronze Star during World War II?
9. What job did Adeline arrange for herself in Hong Kong?
10. Why did Mr. Lu say that no friends would come to Niang's funeral?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)