|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Adeline earn a month during her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
2. Where did Father want Adeline to work at Hong Kong University?
(a) Obstetrics and Gynecology.
(b) Pediatrics and Adolescent medicine.
3. On what floor was Niang's flat?
4. Where did James's daughter go to college?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
5. How much older was H. H. than Adeline?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mrs. Hsu?
2. How old was Bob Mah when Pearl Harbor was attacked?
3. When Adeline arrived in America, how long had Byron been renting a room from Martin?
4. How close was the hotel where Bob and Adleine stayed in Shanghai to the Sheng Xin primary school that Adeline had attended?
5. When Adeline was at Tsan Yuk, how much more were the male doctors paid than the female doctors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lydia want from Adeline?
2. What was Byron's background?
3. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
4. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
5. What job did Adeline arrange for herself in Hong Kong?
6. What did Joseph say was the happiest time of his life?
7. What did Bob Mah have to do during Pearl Harbor?
8. Why did Father's business change, and what new businesses did he start?
9. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
10. What advice did Father give Adeline when he and Niang visited California when she was married to Byron?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)