|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was excluded from Father's seventieth birthday celebration party in Hong Kong?
2. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
(a) New York.
(b) University of Hong Kong.
(d) University of Taiwan.
3. How much of Niang's estate did Adleine receive?
(a) 15 percent.
(b) 5 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
4. Mrs. Hsu was from ______________.
5. Where did Bob Mah teach?
(b) California State.
Short Answer Questions
1. When all Chinese industries and businesses were nationalized, what did deserving owners receive for their businesses for ten years?
2. What time would Father summon his chauffeur to drive him to the club at Stanley?
3. When did Adeline begin her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
4. When were some of Adeline's more idealistic contemporaries asked to leave Britain?
5. Why did Niang need surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job did Adeline arrange for herself in Hong Kong?
2. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
3. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
4. What advice did Father give Adeline when he and Niang visited California when she was married to Byron?
5. What did Aunt Baba do after Joseph, Niang, and their family left?
6. What did C. S. do after he was asked to leave Britain?
7. What was Byron's background?
8. Who attended Joseph's funeral?
9. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to America and what did they do?
10. Why did Gregory want to leave Nigeria?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)