|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Father's will, his estate was divided into _____________shares.
2. When Adeline was at Tsan Yuk, how much more were the male doctors paid than the female doctors?
(a) 20 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 30 percent.
(d) 15 percent.
3. What was Gregory's wife's name?
4. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to San Francisco?
5. Why was Bob's brother Earl rejected by the army?
(b) Deformed foot.
(c) Deformed hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tai-ling attend college?
2. When was Roger born?
3. When Aunt Baba was transferred to the bank branch near the Cathay Cinema, how many tram stops was she from her home?
4. Where did Bob Mah teach?
5. How much money was Aunt Baba given to live on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adeline have to do to get a California medical license?
2. What did Bob Mah have to do during Pearl Harbor?
3. What did Joseph say was the happiest time of his life?
4. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
5. Why did Gregory want to leave Nigeria?
6. What did Lydia want from Adeline?
7. Why did Father's business change, and what new businesses did he start?
8. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
9. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
10. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to America and what did they do?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)