|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did Aunt Baba and her friend switch to when mah-jong became illegal?
2. What was the name of the maid that Aunt Baba fired in Chapter 20?
(a) Ah Mah.
(b) Ah Yee.
(c) Ah Wui.
(d) Ah Song.
3. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
(b) University of Taiwan.
(c) New York.
(d) University of Hong Kong.
4. What hours did taxi-drivers, hair-dressers, waitresses, nurses, telephone operators, and others work a day for meager wages?
5. How many people were with the tour group that Adeline and Bob traveled with to Hong Kong and China?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Aunt Lao Lao when Aunt Baba visited Tianjin to rebury Grandmother and Ye Ye?
2. Where was H. H. Tien studying in London?
3. Where did Tai-ling attend college?
4. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to San Francisco?
5. What was H. H. Tien studying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the biopsy report reveal about Niang's illness?
2. How had Hong Kong changed since Adeline left eleven years ago?
3. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
4. Why did Gregory want to leave Nigeria?
5. What did Adeline find in Niang's antique Chinese desk?
6. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
7. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
8. What did Joseph say was the happiest time of his life?
9. Who attended Joseph's funeral?
10. What did Gregory tell Adeline about boy/girl relationships?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)