|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Bob's brother Earl rejected by the army?
(a) Deformed hand.
(d) Deformed foot.
2. Why did Niang need surgery?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Colon cancer.
(c) Breast cancer.
(d) Liver cancer.
3. When did Father become a naturalized British citizen?
4. When Adeline was at Tsan Yuk, how much more were the male doctors paid than the female doctors?
(a) 30 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 15 percent.
5. How old was Bob Mah when his father died?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Roger born?
2. When did Niang die?
3. Where did James have to live in Hong Kong before Gregory came back?
4. After Adeline's graduation and internship, where did she spend two years working and studying for post-graduate degrees?
5. What was Byron's salary when they moved to California?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the biopsy report reveal about Niang's illness?
2. Why did Mr. Lu say that no friends would come to Niang's funeral?
3. What did Bob Mah have to do during Pearl Harbor?
4. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to America and what did they do?
5. What did Adeline have to do to get a California medical license?
6. What advice did Father give Adeline when he and Niang visited California when she was married to Byron?
7. Who attended Joseph's funeral?
8. What did Joseph say was the happiest time of his life?
9. How had Hong Kong changed since Adeline left eleven years ago?
10. What did Aunt Baba do after Joseph, Niang, and their family left?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)