|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was Aunt Baba given to live on?
(a) 10 yuan.
(b) 25 yuan.
(c) 20 yuan.
(d) 15 yuan.
2. What did the earthquake register on the Richter Scale that shook Tangshan in 1976?
3. How much did Father pay Gregory and James to work for him?
(a) $350 a month.
(b) $250 a month.
(c) $300 a month.
(d) $200 a month.
4. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
(b) University of Taiwan.
(c) New York.
(d) University of Hong Kong.
5. What was the name of the maid that Aunt Baba fired in Chapter 20?
(a) Ah Wui.
(b) Ah Song.
(c) Ah Mah.
(d) Ah Yee.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Adeline arrived in America, how long had Byron been renting a room from Martin?
2. How old was Niang when she and Father came for a medical consultation in America?
3. When did Niang die?
4. Where did Bob Mah teach?
5. What was Byron's salary when they moved to California?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
2. What did Joseph say was the happiest time of his life?
3. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
4. What job did Adeline arrange for herself in Hong Kong?
5. Why did Mr. Lu say that no friends would come to Niang's funeral?
6. What advice did Father give Adeline when he and Niang visited California when she was married to Byron?
7. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
8. Why did Bob's brother Ed receive a Bronze Star during World War II?
9. What did Adeline have to do to get a California medical license?
10. What did C. S. do after he was asked to leave Britain?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)