|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Aunt Baba was transferred to the bank branch near the Cathay Cinema, how many tram stops was she from her home?
2. What game did Aunt Baba and her friend switch to when mah-jong became illegal?
3. Where did Tai-ling attend college?
(c) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
4. When was Aunt Baba forced to move out of Joseph's home?
5. How old was Ginger Morris when she became Roger's new nanny?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adeline and Bob travel to Hong Kong and China with an organized tour group?
2. What time would Father summon his chauffeur to drive him to the club at Stanley?
3. When were some of Adeline's more idealistic contemporaries asked to leave Britain?
4. Where was H. H. Tien studying in London?
5. When was Grand Aunt forced to resign from all her duties at the Women's Bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice did Father give Adeline when he and Niang visited California when she was married to Byron?
2. What did Lydia want from Adeline?
3. What did Bob Mah have to do during Pearl Harbor?
4. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
5. What did Aunt Baba do after Joseph, Niang, and their family left?
6. What did Adeline find in Niang's antique Chinese desk?
7. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
8. How was Aunt Baba when Adeline saw her in March, 1994?
9. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
10. What did Joseph say was the happiest time of his life?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)