|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Grand Aunt forced to resign from all her duties at the Women's Bank?
2. When did Martin Ching's parents emigrate to America?
3. After Adeline's graduation and internship, where did she spend two years working and studying for post-graduate degrees?
4. Why did Niang need surgery?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Breast cancer.
(c) Colon cancer.
(d) Liver cancer.
5. In Father's will, his estate was divided into _____________shares.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Byron decide to buy a restaurant?
2. When did Adeline fly to Hong Kong in Chapter 15?
3. How many children did Bob Mah's parents have?
4. How close was the hotel where Bob and Adleine stayed in Shanghai to the Sheng Xin primary school that Adeline had attended?
5. Where did Adeline receive an offer of an obstetrics residency in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adeline have to do to get a California medical license?
2. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
3. What did C. S. do after he was asked to leave Britain?
4. What did Susan's mother-in-law do when Susan came into her marriage with two suitcases of old clothes?
5. Why did Bob's brother Ed receive a Bronze Star during World War II?
6. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
7. What did Joseph say when Aunt Baba informed him that Miss Chien had been stealing?
8. Why did Father's business change, and what new businesses did he start?
9. What job did Adeline arrange for herself in Hong Kong?
10. How had Hong Kong changed since Adeline left eleven years ago?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)