|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was Aunt Baba given to live on?
(a) 25 yuan.
(b) 15 yuan.
(c) 10 yuan.
(d) 20 yuan.
2. Where did Adeline receive an offer of an obstetrics residency in America?
(a) Presbyterian Hospital in Philadelphia.
(b) Duke University in Durham.
(c) University of Iowa in Iowa City.
(d) Memorial Hospital in New York.
3. Where was H. H. Tien studying in London?
(a) Imperial College.
(b) Redbridge College.
(c) West Thames College.
(d) Bexley College.
4. How old was Bob Mah when his father died?
5. On what floor was Niang's flat?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to San Francisco?
2. In Chapter 23, when was the last time that Adeline had corresponded with her Aunt Baba?
3. What was H. H. Tien studying?
4. Where was Byron's restaurant located?
5. Where did James's daughter go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bob's brother Ed receive a Bronze Star during World War II?
2. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
3. What did Gregory tell Adeline about boy/girl relationships?
4. What did the biopsy report reveal about Niang's illness?
5. What did Aunt Baba do after Joseph, Niang, and their family left?
6. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
7. Why did Father's business change, and what new businesses did he start?
8. What did Joseph say when Aunt Baba informed him that Miss Chien had been stealing?
9. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
10. How was Aunt Baba when Adeline saw her in March, 1994?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)