|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Father want Adeline to work at Hong Kong University?
(a) Obstetrics and Gynecology.
(d) Pediatrics and Adolescent medicine.
2. After Adeline's graduation and internship, where did she spend two years working and studying for post-graduate degrees?
3. How large was the diamond on Niang's ring?
(a) Six carat.
(b) Five carat.
(c) Three carat.
(d) Four carat.
4. How much older was H. H. than Adeline?
(a) Five years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Seven years.
5. How much did Adeline earn a month during her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Father become a naturalized British citizen?
2. What did Adeline receive as a wedding present from her father and Niang?
3. What percent of the population in Hong Kong in the 1960s were Chinese?
4. How old was Ginger Morris when she became Roger's new nanny?
5. What was Byron's salary when they moved to California?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Byron's background?
2. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
3. What did C. S. do after he was asked to leave Britain?
4. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
5. Why did Gregory want to leave Nigeria?
6. What did Adeline have to do to get a California medical license?
7. What did the biopsy report reveal about Niang's illness?
8. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
9. Who attended Joseph's funeral?
10. What job did Adeline arrange for herself in Hong Kong?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)