|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bob and Adeline move when they married?
(a) Redondo Beach.
(b) Long Beach.
(c) Newport Beach.
(d) Huntington Beach.
2. Where did James's daughter go to college?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
3. How much older was H. H. than Adeline?
(a) Five years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Six years.
4. After Byron tore up the house and left it a mess, what time did he return?
(a) 8 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
5. Where was Byron's restaurant located?
(b) Newport Beach.
(c) Huntington Beach.
(d) Costa Mesa.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Father move his enamelware factory to Nigeria?
2. When did Adeline leave England and return to Hong Kong?
3. After Adeline's graduation and internship, where did she spend two years working and studying for post-graduate degrees?
4. When Adeline arrived in America, how long had Byron been renting a room from Martin?
5. When Aunt Baba was transferred to the bank branch near the Cathay Cinema, how many tram stops was she from her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
2. Why did Bob's brother Ed receive a Bronze Star during World War II?
3. Why did Mr. Lu say that no friends would come to Niang's funeral?
4. What did Bob Mah have to do during Pearl Harbor?
5. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
6. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
7. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
8. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
9. What did Joseph say was the happiest time of his life?
10. What did Adeline learn about Byron shortly after they married?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)