|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Adeline's grand aunt born?
2. What type of top was on the large, oval table that Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gathered around?
3. How old was Miss Chien when Joseph and Niang fled to Hong Kong?
4. What killed Ye Ye?
(c) Heart attack.
5. From where did Samuel Sung earn a master's degree?
(a) Purdue University.
(b) Notre Dame University.
(c) Michigan State.
(d) Drake University.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had it been since Adeline and her siblings been together when they gathered for the reading of her father's will?
2. How many siblings did Grand Aunt have?
3. How many children did the Shanghai police once find chained to the wall of a tin factory?
4. Who ran the school that Grand Aunt attended?
5. How many students were at Sacred Heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was C. S. Tang?
2. How were legal cases tried during the late 19th century in China?
3. What happened to Adeline's duckling?
4. How did James survive life with his stepmother?
5. How did James get out of China in 1951?
6. What did Lydia and Samuel do when Father ordered them to move out of his house in Tianjin?
7. In the late 1920s, how was Shanghai different from the rest of China?
8. What did Father decide about Adeline's future after she won a play writing competition?
9. What were the burial rites for Adeline's grandmother?
10. What happened in 1939 when dikes on the Yellow River were deliberately dynamited?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)