|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Samuel Sung return to China after studying in America?
2. How far was Sacred Heart primary school from Adeline's home?
(a) 1 1/2 miles.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) 1 3/4 miles.
(d) 3/4 mile.
3. Where did Lydia, her husband, and his parents flee in January 1949?
(a) Hong Kong.
4. How old was the corpse that Adeline and her dissection partner worked on?
5. How much money had Baba given Adeline that Adeline intended to use for a school mate's birthday present?
(a) Gold dollar.
(b) 5 dimes.
(c) Silver dollar.
(d) 20 nickels.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what years were westerners perceived throughout China as superior beings?
2. Jeanne's mother was from ______________.
3. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
4. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
5. To what ages of children was a play writing competition open that Adeline entered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Hwa Chong Hong leave Tianjin in 1926?
2. How did Adeline get out of Tianjin and to Hong Kong?
3. What did Lydia and Samuel do when Father ordered them to move out of his house in Tianjin?
4. What did Father decide about Adeline's future after she won a play writing competition?
5. How did Adeline describe her father in the prologue?
6. What was Hong Kong like in 1949?
7. Why did Niang and Father tell Lydia that she had to marry?
8. How did James survive life with his stepmother?
9. What was Ren Yong-ping's background?
10. Why did Adeline fear Edgar the most?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)