|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Adeline's grand aunt when she refused to have her feet bound?
2. How much money was Lydia given for her dowry?
3. What did Samuel Sung study at the university?
4. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
5. How old was Jeanne when she married Joseph?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what restaurant was Adeline allowed to eat in Chapter 8?
2. When Adeline attended medical school, what percentage of students were female?
3. From where did Samuel Sung earn a master's degree?
4. How many siblings did Grand Aunt have?
5. When did Ciang Kai-shek resign as President of the Republic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Adeline's duckling?
2. Why, even at the time the book was written, did Shanghai's architecture reflect the influence of foreign traders?
3. How were legal cases tried during the late 19th century in China?
4. How did James survive life with his stepmother?
5. How did Adeline describe her grandfather Ye Ye in Chapter 1?
6. Who was C. S. Tang?
7. What happened in 1939 when dikes on the Yellow River were deliberately dynamited?
8. What happened when a group of girls from Adeline's school came to her house after Adeline became class president?
9. What was Ren Yong-ping's background?
10. Why didn't Aunt Baba tell Grand Aunt the real reason why she wanted her old job back?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)