Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the corpse that Adeline and her dissection partner worked on?
2. When did Britain demand and receive a 99 year lease on the Kowloon peninsula?
3. After his marriage to Ren, what type of car did Joseph buy for himself?
4. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(c) Hong Kong.
5. How old was Miss Chien when Joseph and Niang fled to Hong Kong?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the traditional Buddhist mourning period?
2. How old was Lydia when she married Samuel?
3. How much of her salary did Aunt Baba give Ye Ye?
4. How many cinemas did Tianjin have?
5. What was the name of the ocean liner that James and Adeline sailed on when they went to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why did Mis Chien try to curry Aunt Baba's favor after Joseph and Niang left for Hong Kong with their children?
2. How was Aunt Baba when Adeline saw her in March, 1994?
3. What did Lydia want from Adeline?
4. How did Gregory solve his cash-flow problems?
5. What did Gregory tell Adeline about boy/girl relationships?
6. What happened to H. H. after he was asked to leave Britain?
7. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
8. In the late 1920s, how was Shanghai different from the rest of China?
9. What did Adeline find in Niang's antique Chinese desk?
10. What business did Grand Aunt's eldest brother establish?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)