|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeanne's mother was from ______________.
(a) Shaanxi Province.
(b) Shandong Province.
(c) Gansu Province.
(d) Guangdong Province.
2. When did Grand Aunt establish her own bank?
3. How old was Adeline when two events occurred that worsened her relationship with Niang?
4. When did Samuel Sung return to China after studying in America?
5. How old was Jeanne when she married Joseph?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students were at Sacred Heart?
2. Who ran the school that Grand Aunt attended?
3. What time did Adeline and her siblings gather to hear the reading of their father's will?
4. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
5. Where did Adeline's father die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lydia's brothers and half brother dress for the wedding?
2. How were legal cases tried during the late 19th century in China?
3. How did Adeline get out of Tianjin and to Hong Kong?
4. Why did Niang and Father tell Lydia that she had to marry?
5. What was Hong Kong like in 1949?
6. How did Adeline describe her father in the prologue?
7. Why did Ye Ye say that Adeline was being sent to Tianjin rather than Hong Kong?
8. What happened to Adeline's duckling?
9. Why was it unusual that Ye Ye would have to negotiate with Niang for their allowance?
10. What were the burial rites for Adeline's grandmother?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)