|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the corpse that Adeline and her dissection partner worked on?
2. How many times was Adeline allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
(a) Five times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
3. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(c) Hong Kong.
4. When Adeline attended medical school, what percentage of students were female?
(a) Less than 15 percent.
(b) 5 percent.
(c) Less than 20 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
5. Where was Adeline's grand aunt born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many servants took care of Joseph's and Ren's household?
2. How many children did the Shanghai police once find chained to the wall of a tin factory?
3. How old was Samuel when he and Lydia married?
4. How many civilians and prisoners of war were tortured and killed during the Rape of Nanking?
5. How many students were at Sacred Heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why did Dr. Ting spurn an arranged marriage?
2. What was Hong Kong like in 1949?
3. How did Adeline get out of Tianjin and to Hong Kong?
4. How did Lydia's brothers and half brother dress for the wedding?
5. Who was C. S. Tang?
6. Why did Hwa Chong Hong leave Tianjin in 1926?
7. What did Lydia and Samuel do when Father ordered them to move out of his house in Tianjin?
8. How were legal cases tried during the late 19th century in China?
9. How and why did Mis Chien try to curry Aunt Baba's favor after Joseph and Niang left for Hong Kong with their children?
10. How did James get out of China in 1951?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)