|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had it been since Adeline and her siblings been together when they gathered for the reading of her father's will?
(a) Almost 30 years.
(b) 35 years.
(c) Nearly 40 years.
(d) 27 years.
2. What was the name of the dog trainer who trained Jackie?
3. What did Samuel Sung study at the university?
4. How many boarders were at Sacred Heart when Adeline was enrolled there?
5. How many years did Grand Aunt work for the Bank of Shanghai?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what restaurant was Adeline allowed to eat in Chapter 8?
2. What was the name of James' wife?
3. When was Hong Kong ceded to the British?
4. When did Ciang Kai-shek resign as President of the Republic?
5. When Adeline attended medical school, what percentage of students were female?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the other girls begin to overlook Adeline's poverty?
2. Why did Adeline fear Edgar the most?
3. What happened in 1939 when dikes on the Yellow River were deliberately dynamited?
4. What did Lydia and Samuel do when Father ordered them to move out of his house in Tianjin?
5. Who was C. S. Tang?
6. Where did Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gather for the reading of Joseph's will?
7. Why was it unusual that Ye Ye would have to negotiate with Niang for their allowance?
8. Why did Hwa Chong Hong leave Tianjin in 1926?
9. How did Adeline describe her grandfather Ye Ye in Chapter 1?
10. How were legal cases tried during the late 19th century in China?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)