|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Adeline sleep the few times she was allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
(a) In a closet.
(b) On the floor in a back hall.
(c) Ye Ye's room.
(d) In a small room with a maid.
2. Which of Adeline's family members visited her when she was in the hospital with pneumonia?
(b) Ye Ye.
3. How old was the corpse that Adeline and her dissection partner worked on?
4. How far was Sacred Heart primary school from Adeline's home?
(a) 1/2 mile.
(b) 3/4 mile.
(c) 1 3/4 miles.
(d) 1 1/2 miles.
5. How many guests attended Lydia and Samuel's wedding?
(a) About 400.
(b) Over 500.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the train, how long a journey was it for Aunt Baba to go from Shanghai to Tianjin?
2. When Ye Ye married, how old was his bride?
3. After the wedding, how long was it before Adeline saw her sister again?
4. Where were Gregory and Edgar living when James and Adeline arrived in London?
5. When did James and Adeline sail to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adeline get out of Tianjin and to Hong Kong?
2. Why did Hwa Chong Hong leave Tianjin in 1926?
3. Why did the other girls begin to overlook Adeline's poverty?
4. What was Hong Kong like in 1949?
5. Why did Niang and Father tell Lydia that she had to marry?
6. What was Ren Yong-ping's background?
7. How did Adeline describe her father in the prologue?
8. Why was it unusual that Ye Ye would have to negotiate with Niang for their allowance?
9. Who was C. S. Tang?
10. How did James get out of China in 1951?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)