|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Niang stay in bed one time because of an argument with Father?
(a) Two months.
(b) Five days.
(c) One month.
(d) Eight days.
2. Where were Gregory and Edgar living when James and Adeline arrived in London?
(a) Burlington Estate.
(b) Heath Park.
(c) Earl's Court.
(d) Crouch End.
3. How many students were at Sacred Heart?
4. What type of top was on the large, oval table that Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gathered around?
5. What time did Adeline and her siblings gather to hear the reading of their father's will?
(a) 3:30 p.m.
(b) 2:30 p.m.
(c) 4:30 p.m.
(d) 5:30 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Manchu dynasty come to an end?
2. Where did Adeline sleep the few times she was allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
3. What was the name of James' wife?
4. When did Adeline begin kindergarten?
5. In what type of cemetery was Joseph buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when a group of girls from Adeline's school came to her house after Adeline became class president?
2. What was the diagnosis of Joseph's illness?
3. What sibling was absent from the reading of the will and not listed in Joseph's obituary?
4. Why did Hwa Chong Hong leave Tianjin in 1926?
5. What did Joseph say when Aunt Baba informed him that Miss Chien had been stealing?
6. What did Lydia want from Adeline?
7. How had Hong Kong changed since Adeline left eleven years ago?
8. How did Adeline get the money for a plane ticket to America?
9. What did Gregory tell Adeline about boy/girl relationships?
10. After Adeline returned from assisting two patients who had been admitted after a car accident, what did Adeline find at home?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)