|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what years were westerners perceived throughout China as superior beings?
2. When did Ye Ye die?
(a) February 21, 1952.
(b) January 25, 1952.
(c) March 27, 1952.
(d) April 2, 1952.
3. How old was Adeline when her mother died?
(a) Two weeks old.
(b) One day old.
(c) Three weeks old.
(d) Five days old.
4. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
5. How many times was Adeline allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
(a) Three times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Five times.
(d) Four times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did the Shanghai police once find chained to the wall of a tin factory?
2. When did Lydia and Samuel return to Tianjin?
3. How many boarders were at Sacred Heart when Adeline was enrolled there?
4. When did Ciang Kai-shek resign as President of the Republic?
5. When Ye Ye married, how old was his bride?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ren Yong-ping's background?
2. How did Adeline describe her father in the prologue?
3. What did Lydia and Samuel do when Father ordered them to move out of his house in Tianjin?
4. What happened to Adeline's duckling?
5. What sibling was absent from the reading of the will and not listed in Joseph's obituary?
6. Why did Ye Ye say that Adeline was being sent to Tianjin rather than Hong Kong?
7. What business did Grand Aunt's eldest brother establish?
8. Why was it unusual that Ye Ye would have to negotiate with Niang for their allowance?
9. How did James survive life with his stepmother?
10. How were legal cases tried during the late 19th century in China?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)