|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Aunt Reine, Uncle Jean, and their family go after they left Hong Kong?
2. Where was Adeline's grand aunt born?
3. When did Samuel Sung return to China after studying in America?
4. How many cinemas did Tianjin have?
5. How old was Samuel when he and Lydia married?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was Adeline allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
2. What was the name of a play that Adeline wrote?
3. In what type of cemetery was Joseph buried?
4. What type of top was on the large, oval table that Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gathered around?
5. What did Samuel Sung study at the university?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Father decide about Adeline's future after she won a play writing competition?
2. Who was C. S. Tang?
3. Why did Baba decide not to go to Hong Kong with Joseph?
4. How did Adeline describe her grandfather Ye Ye in Chapter 1?
5. What happened when a group of girls from Adeline's school came to her house after Adeline became class president?
6. In the late 1920s, how was Shanghai different from the rest of China?
7. What was Hong Kong like in 1949?
8. How did Adeline get out of Tianjin and to Hong Kong?
9. What happened in 1939 when dikes on the Yellow River were deliberately dynamited?
10. Why was it unusual that Ye Ye would have to negotiate with Niang for their allowance?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)