|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Chairman Mao proclaim the founding of the People's Republic or China?
(a) October 1, 1949.
(b) November 1, 1949.
(c) August 1, 1949.
(d) September 1, 1949.
2. How old was the corpse that Adeline and her dissection partner worked on?
3. What type of dog slept in the courtyard of Adeline's new home when she was reunited with her father?
(d) German shepherd.
4. When Ye Ye married, how old was his bride?
5. When did Adeline's father die?
(a) June 24, 1988.
(b) April 10, 1988.
(c) March 20, 1988.
(d) May 13, 1988.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
2. What is the date at the beginning of the book?
3. When did James and Adeline sail to England?
4. How many cinemas did Tianjin have?
5. Where did Adeline's father die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had Hong Kong changed since Adeline left eleven years ago?
2. Why did the other girls begin to overlook Adeline's poverty?
3. Where did Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gather for the reading of Joseph's will?
4. What were the burial rites for Adeline's grandmother?
5. Why did Gregory want to leave Nigeria?
6. What was Hong Kong like in 1949?
7. How did Adeline describe her grandfather Ye Ye in Chapter 1?
8. How did Adeline describe her father in the prologue?
9. What happened when a group of girls from Adeline's school came to her house after Adeline became class president?
10. Why did Alcenith Crawford believe that women doctors had unhappy marriages?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)