|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the traditional Buddhist mourning period?
(a) 75 days.
(b) 150 days.
(c) 100 days.
(d) 50 days.
2. What type of dog slept in the courtyard of Adeline's new home when she was reunited with her father?
(d) German shepherd.
3. When did Father, Niang, Franklin, and Susan leave for Hong Kong ahead of the Communists?
(a) January, 1949.
(b) November, 1948.
(c) December, 1948.
(d) February, 1949.
4. How old was Adeline when her brothers taught her to play bridge?
5. From where did Samuel Sung earn a master's degree?
(a) Notre Dame University.
(b) Drake University.
(c) Purdue University.
(d) Michigan State.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Samuel when he and Lydia married?
2. Where was Adeline's grand aunt born?
3. When did Britain demand and receive a 99 year lease on the Kowloon peninsula?
4. What time did Adeline's days begin when she stayed at Sacred Heart?
5. At what restaurant was Adeline allowed to eat in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What business did Grand Aunt's eldest brother establish?
2. What happened in 1939 when dikes on the Yellow River were deliberately dynamited?
3. What were the burial rites for Adeline's grandmother?
4. Who was C. S. Tang?
5. Where did Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gather for the reading of Joseph's will?
6. What sibling was absent from the reading of the will and not listed in Joseph's obituary?
7. How did Gregory solve his cash-flow problems?
8. Why didn't Aunt Baba tell Grand Aunt the real reason why she wanted her old job back?
9. How did Adeline describe her grandfather Ye Ye in Chapter 1?
10. What happened when a group of girls from Adeline's school came to her house after Adeline became class president?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)