|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Grand Aunt establish her own bank?
2. How many students were at Sacred Heart?
3. How much money was Lydia given for her dowry?
4. At what restaurant was Adeline allowed to eat in Chapter 8?
(a) A restaurant at the Peninsula Hotel.
(b) A restaurant at the Mainland Hotel.
(c) The Manhattan.
(d) The Bistro.
5. How old was Adeline when two events occurred that worsened her relationship with Niang?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of James' wife?
2. How much extra would parents pay a month so their daughters could get extra food at Sacred Heart?
3. How much money did Adeline receive from her father annually?
4. What type of top was on the large, oval table that Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gathered around?
5. When did James and Adeline sail to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Adeline's duckling?
2. How were legal cases tried during the late 19th century in China?
3. How did Gregory solve his cash-flow problems?
4. Why did Hwa Chong Hong leave Tianjin in 1926?
5. What was Hong Kong like in 1949?
6. Who was C. S. Tang?
7. Why did Baba decide not to go to Hong Kong with Joseph?
8. What was Ren Yong-ping's background?
9. What were the burial rites for Adeline's grandmother?
10. How did Adeline describe her father in the prologue?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)