|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Samuel Sung study at the university?
2. What was the name of the ocean liner that James and Adeline sailed on when they went to England?
(a) SS Canton.
(b) SS Arcadia.
(c) SS Baradine.
(d) SS China.
3. How old was Miss Chien when Joseph and Niang fled to Hong Kong?
4. Where did Aunt Reine, Uncle Jean, and their family go after they left Hong Kong?
5. How many siblings did Grand Aunt have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jeanne when she married Joseph?
2. How much money had Baba given Adeline that Adeline intended to use for a school mate's birthday present?
3. How long was the traditional Buddhist mourning period?
4. How tall was Grand Aunt?
5. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it unusual that Ye Ye would have to negotiate with Niang for their allowance?
2. How did James get out of China in 1951?
3. How did Adeline get out of Tianjin and to Hong Kong?
4. What happened to Adeline's duckling?
5. What happened when a group of girls from Adeline's school came to her house after Adeline became class president?
6. Why did Baba decide not to go to Hong Kong with Joseph?
7. How were legal cases tried during the late 19th century in China?
8. Why did Adeline fear Edgar the most?
9. Why did Niang and Father tell Lydia that she had to marry?
10. How and why did Dr. Ting spurn an arranged marriage?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)